PDA

View Full Version : Why the raised Pink Drop Rate is bad.

Whirlzap
06-26-2012, 08:40 PM
First of all, just wanted to say I was pretty glad when STS raised the drop rate.

Before the patch with the raise, I saw only 2 pink Humanian Helms on the CS.

A few hours after the patch, I now can see over 15 pink helms.
Monster Bash.

Friend told me.

Within 10 runs, you're pretty much guaranteed a Humanian pink for someone in your party.
It's crazy.
Considering the prices of the pinks, anyone who spams Monster Bash can easily make a few million in two hours.

Raising this pink drop rate DOES NOT help the people who don't buy Platinum as much as it does for those who buy Platinum.
The amount of pinks doubled EXPONENTIALLY within a few hours of the release.
I'm pretty sure the pink drop rate for Mount Fang was just as low, or maybe not AS lethal as the drop rate here, and I didn't see as many players complaining about it then.

Solutions?

1. Keep the drop rate like it was before the update in Monster Bash. It gives a HUGE disadvantage for those who do not buy Platinum.
Then, those who wish to have this newer, higher drop rate can be persuaded into farming the normal 5 Humania campaign maps for pinks as well.

A few friends and I are angry at this; we were looking to spam Humania's last two maps for a few hours each day to make some rare-endgame pink gold.
I believe many others had this in mind as well.
Now with this "Monster Bash", it's so easy to get a Humania Pink now, killing any chance for actually earning much from a new release.

Subscriber
06-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Hehe I wonder why they did this, oh wait, I already know. -.-"
Good job Whirlz.

Lowlyspy
06-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Or they can just do like they did with the Vamp Feast: Take pinks off the drop table.

Though the way i look at it, the more they farm, the lower prices will drop. Better for the average player, not so much for the merchant's insatiable lust for an overabundance of gold that they'll never use.

EDIT: Hmm, wasn't aware monster bash was plat purchased. Regardless, my opinion stands.

kiitz
06-26-2012, 08:49 PM
Is the pink drop rate only for monster bash? Based on the patch notes, "Increased the drop rate for Legendary items in Humania" it leads me to believe it increases the drop rate for all maps, not just the plat purchased one??

FluffNStuff
06-26-2012, 08:56 PM
The way the price war is going I should be able to buy a full set plus a ninety-nine cent cheeseburger for a dollar by morning.

Energizeric
06-26-2012, 09:01 PM
1. Keep the drop rate like it was before the update in Monster Bash. It gives a HUGE disadvantage for those who do not buy Platinum.
Then, those who wish to have this newer, higher drop rate can be persuaded into farming the normal 5 Humania campaign maps for pinks as well.

That's exactly how it is in the Sand Caves. The golem gauntlet has all the bosses in one dungeon, but you can't get any of the good pinks there. You have to farm the regular campaign to get the good pinks.

I think it's an excellent idea. I know everyone was complaining about the low drop rate, but I kind of liked it. I like working towards a goal of having something that not many others do. If everyone ends up having Humania pinks like they did in Alien Oasis, then I will lose interest in them. Even the Mount Fang pinks are a bit too common. You see everyone wearing them. I like the Nuri drops because they are rare. Yes I had to work really hard to save enough gold to buy my Obedience Set, but now I hear "nice set" wherever I go. It was also like that for the Sewer campaign. I had a crafted Fortified Set and it was extremely rare. I'd like that to be the case with Humania pinks, but somehow I'm getting the feeling that with this new high drop rate, they will become quite common. I guess we will see.

I'd like them to be rare enough where the prices stay in the 100-500k range per piece. That means about 500k-1m for a good set, and then higher for crafted. Then not everyone will have them.

I think a major part of the problem is that other than pinks, there does not seem to be any Humania equipment. Yes there are orange and green drops, but they are recycled stuff with new names. They should have other Humania themed stuff that comes in orange and green. In the Sewers all of the drops were gemstone themed. And in Nuri there were the lesser pink items that were still new items. Then in fang it began this idea of everything other thank pinks being junk, and that seems to be what we have here. If the orange and green items were new and not recycled junk, then not everyone would feel bad if they didn't have a pink set, and fewer people would complain about low drop rates.

StompArtist
06-26-2012, 09:01 PM
The way the price war is going I should be able to buy a full set plus a ninety-nine cent cheeseburger for a dollar by morning.

That too much for a burger...

Whirlzap
06-26-2012, 09:16 PM
It's just enough for a fried squirrel.

LwMark
06-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Imo make them legendary. Allof them. Then people would farm more. Also i dont ever farm but is the drops high now???

FluffNStuff
06-26-2012, 09:30 PM
That too much for a burger...

Totally! Like they sell a cheeseburger for 99 cents and a double cheeseburger for a dollar. I would get that, but then I could only get two out of the three set pieces.

FluffNStuff
06-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Imo make them legendary. Allof them. Then people would farm more. Also i dont ever farm but is the drops high now???

I did an hour of thrashing sandbar and saw one pink drop. But I can see it being high when combining thrashers with the paid boss brawl.

Glad
06-26-2012, 09:42 PM
Thank you Whirlz. I was getting frustrated because all my friends were doing pink runs in Monster Bash while I was doing nothing waiting to find a game. Was frustrated so I logged. Also, after losing 1.1m gold, I could use a couple of pinks but you know... I CAN'T.

Suentous PO
06-26-2012, 09:44 PM
I betcha this thread increases the farming of monster bash.

razerfingers
06-26-2012, 09:47 PM
i could careless about pink drop rates. byt the time i hit 71 and liquidate my crap drops ill have enough to finally afford a decent set so thumbs up either way here :) happy farming

Whirlzap
06-26-2012, 10:17 PM
It's so much easier with Platinum and that Monster Bash...
They should seriously go and limit the amount of Monster Bash runs you can do per day...at this point I might as well throw my gold caps away >.>

nmyxspaceship
06-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Just because the new items aren't ridiculously high priced. Sets are no longer a status thing and skill is based on pve, pvp, and your level. I like the fact pinks are actually reasonable for once.

Non plat players arent at a disadvantage. People to run monster will over farm and eventually sell all their pinks low.

Windwaiker
06-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Wow cheap sets maybe I can finally afford to not get crushed while trying to survive in Humania since the average drops are way worse than crafted mount fang and angel gear and will make me die more!

Fncrazy
06-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Who cares how much they drop...the sets are fnugly.

Reddwing
06-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Who cares how much they drop...the sets are fnugly.
Haha the bears are ninja turtles now! xD

razerfingers
06-26-2012, 10:30 PM

hell yeah! thats why i want one, might have to rename bear to donatello or leanardo or the other one haha

nmyxspaceship
06-26-2012, 10:32 PM
The bear set looks bawwwsss!

Zeus
06-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Isn't it a win win? Farmers make their money, sets get cheaper and cheaper as time goes on, therefore more people can afford it.

Yes, I understand there is the need for exclusivity, but that's also why we have the elite cap, no?

Anyways, I believe angel gear may be better due to the increased dodge on it.

Also, do you realize how expensive it is to run those maps? Whatever your friend is saying is true, yes. We ran the full sha-bang for around 100 runs and got around 10 GOOD pinks. What did that cost us? A good 400+ platinum. The high platinum cost makes up for the high drop rate.

nmyxspaceship
06-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Thumbs up^

FluffNStuff
06-26-2012, 11:11 PM

I think they are trying to get banned to come back.

FluffNStuff
06-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Isn't it a win win? Farmers make their money, sets get cheaper and cheaper as time goes on, therefore more people can afford it.

Yes, I understand there is the need for exclusivity, but that's also why we have the elite cap, no?

Anyways, I believe angel gear may be better due to the increased dodge on it.

Also, do you realize how expensive it is to run those maps? Whatever your friend is saying is true, yes. We ran the full sha-bang for around 100 runs and got around 10 GOOD pinks. What did that cost us? A good 400+ platinum. The high platinum cost makes up for the high drop rate.

If you players are willing to go through that to bring pinks to the masses, the least I can do is say thank you.

FluffNStuff
06-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Wow, players are undercutting their own prices on the same items. I might be able to get a full set and a double cheeseburger.

McBain
06-27-2012, 12:33 AM
I thought the drop rate was better before. I mean, what's the point of "legendary" items if they're easily obtainable. What I think is a better idea is making the "junk" drops more useable, like in the Sewers. The orange and green drops in the sewers were better than the pinks in some ways.

Bebsi
06-27-2012, 01:13 AM
U guys make me sick, honestly.

First the drop rate is too low, now it is too high.

The lvl71 helm u get for capping is ugly.
But now they offer a new helm the old one is better...

When I farmed for dragon loot, my kill count went from 60k+ to 81k.
That were thousands of runs without one single dragon drop.
I was constantly on thrasher but that didn't help.

When Humania came out the drop rate wasnt good either.
Now they raise the drop rate cause ppl complain and what do u do?
Complain again. I hope the drop rate lasts for at least this week.
I can't see a better way to use my plat.

As for u whiners, the higher the drop rate the lower the prices will be.
Eventually everybody should be able to afford one set, but that's not good for u either cause u wanna be super special.

Meeh, I'll go farming xD

McBain
06-27-2012, 01:20 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, but for the record, I personally never once complained previously about the drop rate.

No matter what happens, there are people who are gonna be unhappy. That's just inevitable. There has been complaining about drop rates on every new campaign.

styg2012
06-27-2012, 03:24 AM
It's good for users without platinum and bad for users with platinum. But Number of plat users < number of non-plat users :)

slaveleia
06-27-2012, 04:17 AM
It's agreed, too much complaining...one way or the other. Nothing is perfect & you just need a balance like everything. I'd rather have some stuff falling than it being bone dry all the time. Things are great being ultra rare but it's really hard running for 3-4 hrs straight or all day long without seeing any pinks for anyone. I give credit to those hardcore farmers running nonstop...you see their names in the CS a lot. Man some of them have multiple stuff for sale even before the rate was increased.

Subscriber
06-27-2012, 05:42 AM
I've never omce complained. Don't accuse me of it and when you accuse people of complaining don't ASSUME everyone complained. Half of the community doesn't get on forums, therefore they cannot express their own opinions.

Treenire
06-27-2012, 06:07 AM
Tbh im loving the drop rate. Everyone must remember that alot of pl players dont play/farm for hours, especially if they play on mobile etc, its liteally a pick up, put down game. With this new drop rate it gives EVERYONE the chance to get a set piece. So the prices in cs drop? From wot ive seen thismorning theyre looking almost reasonable now. Big thumbs up to STS for this =]

wvhills
06-27-2012, 07:33 AM
So, what's the problem with everyone having pinks?

Chopper
06-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Tbh im loving the drop rate. Everyone must remember that alot of pl players dont play/farm for hours, especially if they play on mobile etc, its liteally a pick up, put down game. With this new drop rate it gives EVERYONE the chance to get a set piece. So the prices in cs drop? From wot ive seen thismorning theyre looking almost reasonable now. Big thumbs up to STS for this =]

this. I only play for maybe 30-45 minutes a day. i would like a chancer at a good drop, not having to spend 10 hours farming for a chance. Evens the playing field. Yes, farmers will get MORE drops but then sell to compensate for their time lost.

nmyxspaceship
06-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Yeah just leave it the way it is. Please be done with this. Who cares if the high level pinks aren't a big ticket item. My strongman set does more damage then it so just for once let everyone have a chance at having the set..

FluffNStuff
06-27-2012, 09:53 AM
U guys make me sick, honestly.

First the drop rate is too low, now it is too high.

How are you not getting it??? We want the drop rate higher for US!!! Not for OTHER PEOPLE!!!

Dynastu
06-27-2012, 10:36 AM
I've always leveled my bird to one or two levels below the cap. I was at the 45 cap, the 50 cap, 56 cap, 61 cap, 66 cap. And when I was level 43, level 50, level 53, level 58, and level 65. I NEVER. Had a set of my own. I mean, you can ask any pvper from the 50 cap... I ran around with my ballista and whipcord leather, eventually accumulating 23,000 deaths (third most in the game at the time). Lol. But, yeah, I've never had much gold.

Yesterday I farmed monster bash for a bit and within a few runs had made 2.5m. I also leveled to my first elite cap, 71. I'm ready to start endgame pvp again. I have never had 1m+ of my own/that I made myself for over 5 minutes... Now the prices are dropping. Perhaps I'll even be able to afford my first endgame set. Unless, of course, you convince the devs to take that nice luxury away from the people who've never been able to afford a set, Whirlz.

On a side note, I think the sets look awesome

modredd
06-27-2012, 11:03 AM
I was one of the most vocal about the ridiculous drop rate and I am ecstatic about the new rate unfortunately you people who want to be zillionaires it doesn't look like it's going to happen and I don't think it should have happened in the first place.
I think Pocket legends realized today 8,000,000 gold for anything to pay is stupid and I think now everybody can enjoy the game and we can all be on the same playing field because unfortunately some people when they have the best gear think they're better than everyone else.
I think it's awesome!

McBain
06-27-2012, 03:52 PM
I just think there should be such things as truly rare items, whether it's pinks or vanity stuff like the dragon sets.

modredd
06-27-2012, 04:24 PM
I think dragon armor and contest artist items are different I think those should be very rare!

Jugernugetx
06-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Na cmon, the contest winners should see everyone with their items>_<

TANKKAAR
06-27-2012, 04:52 PM
I just think there should be such things as truly rare items, whether it's pinks or vanity stuff like the dragon sets.

Good thing those exist ;) now pinks for all!!

Sryyoulose
06-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Im sure there will be uber rare stuff eventually...

Lowlyspy
06-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Yup, dragon gear is the uber rare commodity now. From what i've heard from Samhayne there is a good chance the new contest items are going to be quest rewards. His post is around here somewhere, probly in like the first 5 pages or so of General.

EDIT: Found it

TechnoEmail may elaborate, but the team has plans for them to be added in (I believe as uber quest rewards or somesuch). They are not currently available, but coming in the not too distant future!

Arsenal
06-27-2012, 07:05 PM
this. I only play for maybe 30-45 minutes a day. i would like a chancer at a good drop, not having to spend 10 hours farming for a chance. Evens the playing field. Yes, farmers will get MORE drops but then sell to compensate for their time lost.

This exactly! No one loses here! People who cant afford sets get a better chance to drop one, or pay for one, and players who merch, hardcore farm, or are rich etc, this doesnt hurt you either. Its the same. If not better, your sets you use are cheaper. "well i cant sell my pink for as much as usual" well the time youve spent complaining about it you couldve gotten two more to make up for the loss of gold!!!!! Win-win for everyone.

slaveleia
06-27-2012, 09:40 PM
I've always leveled my bird to one or two levels below the cap. I was at the 45 cap, the 50 cap, 56 cap, 61 cap, 66 cap. And when I was level 43, level 50, level 53, level 58, and level 65. I NEVER. Had a set of my own. I mean, you can ask any pvper from the 50 cap... I ran around with my ballista and whipcord leather, eventually accumulating 23,000 deaths (third most in the game at the time). Lol. But, yeah, I've never had much gold.

Yesterday I farmed monster bash for a bit and within a few runs had made 2.5m. I also leveled to my first elite cap, 71. I'm ready to start endgame pvp again. I have never had 1m+ of my own/that I made myself for over 5 minutes... Now the prices are dropping. Perhaps I'll even be able to afford my first endgame set. Unless, of course, you convince the devs to take that nice luxury away from the people who've never been able to afford a set, Whirlz.

On a side note, I think the sets look awesome

I am glad things have turned for you, & I liked reading about your experiences...I swear a lot of players have had no luck or horrible luck and just kept going...its nice when someone like that catches a break for once. I know Ive struggled at times, its really hard to build up gold. I haven't reached a gold cap myself yet, always wind up spending it all. This last time was the Gold dragon set sucked all my bank account.