PDA

View Full Version : Pvp tactic to killing ops and engis for engineers

Matrixblast
06-26-2012, 10:54 PM
While ive been on my engi finding tactics on how to defeat the other classes and i found a good but somewhat cheap way,but is a highly chance to kill, first is tactic for op
1.get behind wall amd use my protection, i try to be quick so the player doesnt get agervated and run around pillar(never use suppresion yet it,usually the op/engi will stop you) i wait for the op to miss there stun.
2.you charge and use our 3 dots and pain and run back to wall and heal before the stun recharges. Heal and wait for the damage settle in.
3. Last the op is weak and useless charge again and use your build(if they use there buff and uses amplify pain use your heal to repair it so they do less critt and damage.)
1. For engis what you do is i wait for them to use one or two of there dot skills and i charge at them and keep them close and dont Let go from there you should have killed them, i killed 3 plat engis with a red engi set to kill them with 30 hp

Ive hoped this can help all the engis out there, as soon as i find a tactic to killing a comm i will post a another. Please comment if this works out for you(this will take practice and its really good when used)

akfury
06-26-2012, 11:04 PM
tactic for com is run like a girl for 30 minutes they should be dead by then lol

Taipan
06-27-2012, 10:02 AM
No offense, but two things about your tactic:
1 There are two types (most common types)of kiting in SL, regular running, and then there's pillar hugging. Pillar hugging is a dirty tactic IMO, because there is no talent involved (except for a few).
2 Pretty much every engineer uses this tactic in PvP if ya didn't notice.

Matrixblast
06-27-2012, 11:35 AM
1 There are two types (most common types)of kiting in SL, regular running, and then there's pillar hugging. Pillar hugging is a dirty tactic IMO, because there is no talent involved (except for a few).

Well sorry to dissapoint you but most of the engis that arent plat set dont know any tactics so im tryingto give them hope where like you,you like bringing ther self asteem down to zero.

PianoWizzy
06-27-2012, 01:03 PM
tactic for com is run like a girl for 30 minutes they should be dead by then lol

Wait for them to drain their mana -- that will kill em. :P

Cero
06-27-2012, 01:32 PM
yea

Well sorry to dissapoint you but most of the engis that arent plat set dont know any tactics so im tryingto give them hope where like you,you like bringing ther self asteem down to zero.

its just only few use Eng class for PvP. .. some already know engs are at the bottom class in pVP

akfury
06-27-2012, 03:06 PM

umm try a eng and tell me you wont wall hug...

Zaonabiuibil
06-27-2012, 03:55 PM

Mitchturbo doesn't, commeng PvP. He's good too o.O

Matrixblast
06-27-2012, 04:04 PM

I would love to see tai try out being a engi maybe he might change his mind about how engis fight,and that should go to everyone who says that engi are pillar huggers. I know that engi are at the bottom of the food chain but i like being challanged cause i learn to adapt to every condition,and also makes me focus not all on damage but with tactics and know the enimies moves and spells.

PianoWizzy
06-27-2012, 04:12 PM
I would love to see tai try out being a engi maybe he might change his mind about how engis fight,and that should go to everyone who says that engi are pillar huggers. I know that engi are at the bottom of the food chain but i like being challanged cause i learn to adapt to every condition,and also makes me focus not all on damage but with tactics and know the enimies moves and spells.

How awesome of you Matrix. :)

Zaonabiuibil
06-27-2012, 04:19 PM

Well said! +1

Tactx
06-27-2012, 06:49 PM
I dunno much about engi pvp but when I vs coms on my engi, I try to dish out as much damage as possible while ranging my skills until my HP goes down to 40%-50%, escape, heal until all skills loaded, then repeat. Its just the technique I use, no idea how effective it actually is lol :P killed a few custom coms with it but they probably didn't have much PvP experience.

Matrixblast
06-27-2012, 07:56 PM
How awesome of you Matrix. :)

Im confused was that being sarcastic or what.

Taipan
06-30-2012, 01:47 PM
1. FYI, I play eng twink at L20, and I kite, not pillar hug; Please don't assume.
2. If you've ever seen MarkyMarx or another great end game pvp eng, you would see that they use pillars to change direction not to hide behind a wall for an hour.
3. Enemies*

TheRajX
06-30-2012, 10:17 PM
First off thanks for repeating what 3 or 4 guides for engi pvp already state. Secondly suppression is very important in that it is an way for you to run and heal and lastly, though the tactic might seem very easy and straightforward the actual application is a whole other aspect of it.

My tactic for ops:

1. Turn on your armor buffs if you have them (Protection and Force Shield).
2. Run around the pillar for about 15 seconds until you tire them out.
3. Keep running around the pillar but then stop turning around and run in a straight path towards another pillar.
4. As the tired op runs towards you, hit them with suppression and turn on another pillar. (lasts 6 sec)
5. On the 3rd second of suppress move an inch away from the edge of the pillar and hit them with pain. Watch them waste buffs. If they don't they will eventually. Do not freak out..
6. Spam 2-3 Dots and move an inch back behind the pillar. Do not try to foce in all of them because pain only lasts 3 sec...
7. Run around the pillar and you should still have Full HP. Just run until pain, dots, and suppress regen and repeat.

IMPORTANT: Be persistant. Do not give in and run after the op if he doesn't start running around the pillar with you. Do not try to squeeze in all the dots. Issue your most powerful DOTs first.

If you have the right build killing an op will only take one round of running, but to get a clear cut definitive idea of how many runs for the average engi, do at least 3. After these 3 runs, feel free to go ahead and spam DOTs in front of them and say "gf" as you run and the DOTs do their work....

Know what Lurch looks like so you know to use pain when they waste it! Lurch is the most annoying skill for an engi so avoid it at all costs. If you get hit with lurch and get mutilated by an op but manage to get around a pillar. HEAL! Their capacity to heal is nowhere near yours, so take advantage and ignore when they call you noob or pillar hugger.

And....There will always be a couple of ops that will win no matter what. Don't challenge them for revenge, challenge them to learn their tactic and modify your tactic to accomodate and win. Usually its just a switch of an implant.

~TheRajX

PS: I know I am a complete hypocrite when I say this, but level up to 41 engis! Ignore those who say that there is no difference!

akfury
06-30-2012, 11:54 PM
First off thanks for repeating what 3 or 4 guides for engi pvp already state. Secondly suppression is very important in that it is an way for you to run and heal and lastly, though the tactic might seem very easy and straightforward the actual application is a whole other aspect of it.

My tactic for ops:

3. Keep running around the pillar but then stop turning around and run in a straight path towards another pillar.
4. As the tired op runs towards you, hit them with suppression and turn on another pillar. (lasts 6 sec)
5. On the 3rd second of suppress move an inch away from the edge of the pillar and hit them with pain. Watch them waste buffs. If they don't they will eventually. Do not freak out..
6. Spam 2-3 Dots and move an inch back behind the pillar. Do not try to foce in all of them because pain only lasts 3 sec...
7. Run around the pillar and you should still have Full HP. Just run until pain, dots, and suppress regen and repeat.

IMPORTANT: Be persistant. Do not give in and run after the op if he doesn't start running around the pillar with you. Do not try to squeeze in all the dots. Issue your most powerful DOTs first.

If you have the right build killing an op will only take one round of running, but to get a clear cut definitive idea of how many runs for the average engi, do at least 3. After these 3 runs, feel free to go ahead and spam DOTs in front of them and say "gf" as you run and the DOTs do their work....

Know what Lurch looks like so you know to use pain when they waste it! Lurch is the most annoying skill for an engi so avoid it at all costs. If you get hit with lurch and get mutilated by an op but manage to get around a pillar. HEAL! Their capacity to heal is nowhere near yours, so take advantage and ignore when they call you noob or pillar hugger.

And....There will always be a couple of ops that will win no matter what. Don't challenge them for revenge, challenge them to learn their tactic and modify your tactic to accomodate and win. Usually its just a switch of an implant.

~TheRajX

PS: I know I am a complete hypocrite when I say this, but level up to 41 engis! Ignore those who say that there is no difference!

who is your eng :0 i must know :P

Cero
07-03-2012, 05:43 AM
Therajx

Ive fought u with my com and i can say u have the talent with ur eng.

Matrixblast
07-09-2012, 11:02 AM

My tactic for ops:

~TheRajX

Sorry for repeating the same thing 3 or 4 times but i dont really didnt read the other. 4 so please give me a break, we all are trying hard to be a better engi so calm.

akfury
07-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Sorry for repeating the same thing 3 or 4 times but i dont really didnt read the other. 4 so please give me a break, we all are trying hard to be a better engi so calm.

how was he out of line 0.o

Taipan
07-09-2012, 03:22 PM
What usually happens to this build as an operative:
1 they usually will start with their dot combo, so as soon as they come in range, root. Shoot a few skills, then lurch, by this time root should be ready again. Use it, then buff and nuke :D
2 if they buff waste you, pillar hug and use focus till you have 100% HP and mana, and precision back.
PS: I'm not trying to troll. I have seen an increasing amount of eng end gamers in pvp, so good job!

akfury
07-09-2012, 03:58 PM
What usually happens to this build as an operative:
1 they usually will start with their dot combo, so as soon as they come in range, root. Shoot a few skills, then lurch, by this time root should be ready again. Use it, then buff and nuke :D
2 if they buff waste you, pillar hug and use focus till you have 100% HP and mana, and precision back.
PS: I'm not trying to troll. I have seen an increasing amount of eng end gamers in pvp, so good job!

Umm am I mistaken or are you making suggestions for ops ? This is a eng thread

Jblazer
07-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Lol

Taipan
07-10-2012, 12:45 AM

I know it's eng thread, I was just saying what usually happens to it when using it against operative

Matrixblast
07-10-2012, 10:55 PM
We all know already that engis are broken but us (all the engis acually still playing) we know that we are bad but as soon as we find a way through that shield surrounding us from our true power, we will come out of our shield soon and when we do youll be begging to our knees for advice. Im saying this to all the engis out there NEVER give up we will soon shine from the dark.
~ matrixblast