PDA

View Full Version : Remove alphabetical order in home show list

Sulphurea
01-13-2022, 11:42 AM
Idk if this been suggested already, in any case:
I was talking to another player Yesterday and despite all his work on his tavern and having all 500 slot filled, his ign still doesn't appear in the first page of the home show, which in any case like that advantages always players with ign with firsts letter of alphabet.
I would suggest to make the order of the igns appearing in the first page casual, so to be more fair toward everyone putting effort in decorating. Ty

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

pentaboom
01-13-2022, 11:55 AM
+10 for this…

Immortal_Blood
01-13-2022, 12:42 PM
Idk if this been suggested already, in any case:
I was talking to another player Yesterday and despite all his work on his tavern and having all 500 slot filled, his ign still doesn't appear in the first page of the home show, which in any case like that advantages always players with ign with firsts letter of alphabet.
I would suggest to make the order of the igns appearing in the first page casual, so to be more fair toward everyone putting effort in decorating. Ty

+1. Apply the awakening algorithm perhaps

asommers
01-13-2022, 09:55 PM
We currently sort by the number of furnishings, then by name. In order to even make the list, the player had to have been online within the last 24 hours. This seemed the most fair and it was assumed it would provide the most turnover.

However, since we don't have a rating system, there's not much more I can do right now. Home show discovery is the same problem app stores have with apps and media/streaming sites have with content: determining what to show to drive engagement.

When you say make igns casual, do you mean random?

-ALS

Sulphurea
01-14-2022, 02:41 AM
Ik it sorts first by slots used but in the first page i guess all players have full 500. What i say is: make the page contain all igns from A to Z (of who has 500), and make this list like the one for top players for example, where the order of players is casual. Idk if is possible but for sure would be better for those whose ign doesn't start with A, plus like that you will give bit more display to different houses, not always the same, cause usually people check more the firsts of list

Sulphurea
01-14-2022, 02:44 AM
And yes, about the rating system, it would be very nice having a like button for example or like a star system in which visitors can show their appreciation to the design

sixzy
01-14-2022, 02:57 AM
+1 on random…. every time we click on home show, we get another set of houses

Oakmaiden
01-15-2022, 07:37 AM
Ummm, how about more than the short list? Only 50 slots. I bet lots of creative smaller homes, maybe a list for each house type. my letter “O” is rarely in the lists.

Encryptions
01-15-2022, 11:50 AM
And yes, about the rating system, it would be very nice having a like button for example or like a star system in which visitors can show their appreciation to the design

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando TapatalkSounds nice but would quickly get abused in many ways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk