PDA

View Full Version : Is leaching reportable?

Xaphan Fox
06-27-2012, 09:26 AM
Does leaching constitute as harassement?
I already report every single leacher in The Reaping I encounter.
I pray they are botting. Good riddance.

But is it reportable otherwise? Joining a map with 2 players doing nothing 1 in 3 maps I play is maddening.

If we can't have a boot button STS, please meet us halfway and police people taking advantage of the system.
Woof

phrosts
06-27-2012, 10:01 AM
I highly doubt its reportable. Its there way of playing the game without violating the tos. I see your point tho.

-Phrosts

CrimsonTider
06-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Lock that game and problem solved.

Buster
06-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Dl not pl

octavos
06-27-2012, 10:36 AM
that also..or if devs can implement a detection in a level that no kills (or boss damage or a percentage of any enemies) gets "0" xp from a boss defeated map
since obviously we cant boot people or lock games.

Jugernugetx
06-27-2012, 10:46 AM
leaching? sorry i dont play many mmos... i wouldnt know :p

plmafiaboss
06-27-2012, 11:08 AM
leaching? sorry i dont play many mmos... i wouldnt know :pletting the group do all the work and just taking the rewards such as items, xp, etc

Shaocalur
06-27-2012, 11:27 AM
I wanted to make a thread on this as well. >_< It's really annoying, and there was one person that commanded me and this other to kill everyone and they just sat there doing nothing.

SexyIsland
06-27-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm with my fellow master, I will do the same. Haven't encounter that situation yet, but sure we should have a Boot option. Getting xp from others doing the work aint right.

Hopefully sts can do some about it. Not all the time we want to run alone or just fellow members, I like running with random people, but they should help as well.

Bilaxman
06-27-2012, 02:40 PM
It is a problem.... One person even said out loud that they were just going to sit there and let me and this other player do all the work. I left the game shortly after :)

Wretch
06-27-2012, 02:44 PM
That's where I will just sit there with them.... Or drag a mob to them...

Ihavenokills
06-27-2012, 03:52 PM
if it is then id be banned bout 7 times by now haha

octavos
06-27-2012, 08:30 PM
update my friends... :p

i like it but now, if we host a public multipler game...there is leachers. would like more options to be incorporated

*like if the person is on your ignore list they cant join accidentally. (far fetched idea I know)
*let the boss of the level give the XP in a 3D dungeon...not completion of the boss so people cant just leave...so if your in the boss radius you get the xp credit.
*i know lock or host a game is not in DL plan....but something to help the leachers so its still pug friendly.

Thanks for info on this, I'm seeing it crop up a lot and it's weighing heavily in my mind. We'll come up with something that feels appropriate, whether a simple "kick" option (which has its own issues) or something as you suggested with moving the XP and gold reward to a radius around the boss. There are many ways to potentially handle this, but I do acknowledge this is a growing problem and I want to address it in an appropriate way.

StompArtist
06-27-2012, 08:35 PM
A good solution would be no dmg = no xp / rewards

octavos
06-27-2012, 08:41 PM
A good solution would be no dmg = no xp / rewards
if you mean the boss then yup :p

if not...

then one or 2 enemys = rewards?
I personally don't bother me, but others aren't like me...so it would be wise if boss gave the xp because he/she will attack anyone.

Floating
06-28-2012, 02:08 AM
I reported 3 people for doing it, not because they leeched(as there isnt a reason) but because I beleive they were using a script to join and go off the game.

thaipunk
06-28-2012, 04:13 AM
Players running through the map only to kill the boss and level up, leaving all the minions, has ruined the intent of this game. I had 100's of encounters from LVL 23, 24 and 25 players running through the map with zero kills only to kill the boss and leave. Part of the fun of this game is killing all the minions and then fighting it out with the boss. If there is no boss to kill, makes playing this game senseless. The developers need to have minimum kill or time in a map to prevent running through the maps and only killing the boss. This latest updated has only create a run on people trying to level up at the expense of playing the whole game.

thaipunk
06-28-2012, 04:15 AM
Floating, you bring up a good point? How do players leave the map without going into the exit circle at the end of the map? I have seen 100 different players run through the map, kill the boss and disappear without ever going into the exit circle at the end of the map. This is another issue that has ruined this game.

Floating
06-28-2012, 06:26 AM
No man... It is natural. You can leave and then get the gold and xp. We all do it so that we dont have to run to the circle

Lady_Pebbles
06-28-2012, 06:44 AM
Players running through the map only to kill the boss and level up, leaving all the minions, has ruined the intent of this game. I had 100's of encounters from LVL 23, 24 and 25 players running through the map with zero kills only to kill the boss and leave. Part of the fun of this game is killing all the minions and then fighting it out with the boss. If there is no boss to kill, makes playing this game senseless. The developers need to have minimum kill or time in a map to prevent running through the maps and only killing the boss. This latest updated has only create a run on people trying to level up at the expense of playing the whole game.
There are two main reasons why people run the maps...

1.) To farm items. Once the item drops, players leave the map. This occurrs usually when the item drops from mobs or breakable objects on the maps.
2.) To farm exp. I.e. gain as much exp on the shortest map available that also gives the most amount of exp per run.

This is the way grinding is done on basicly most if not ALL mmos. Its even done in SL and PL & its the only strategy to level quickly without having to pay money for plat to buy exp. The timers also help but the majority is gained through the runs. Before we couldn't do this cuz of the energy system hindering our gameplay. Now, we can farm and go on runs whenever we want! Which is the way it should have been to begin with imo. Faster gameplay, more fun, lots more to do... etc.

Its actually made the game much more fun and interesting for me. :)

Gluttony
06-28-2012, 06:55 AM
o.O Leeching, took me a min. Well I don't think it's harassment but I do find it annoying when the users are sometimes blatant about their intentions of just sitting at spawn while the other two man team has to perform one man down. I also have my suspicions/confirmation that there are botters; when I ran into the same few names just sitting in spawn I timed them to see if they left at the same time interval. So let's look into options:

I don't like the boss radius idea as you could run most of a map and miss out on the loot and xp as well. Scenario: you join a game (already in progress), Player A and Player B have elixirs and are rushing to boss while you struggle to catch up. Since they're not clearing, you have to slash your way through a few mobs only to arrive at the boss just seconds too late to be within the defined radius.

I cannot say that I agree with a "must do damage to boss" system either as I have run down a side path to clear a bit of map only to watch the boss die before being able to land a single blow. The problem with this is the same as the other, you cannot control what the other members do since it is basically a pug system. You could do 90% of the map and miss out on the boss and end up getting nothing with either of these options. Also, what happens when a player lags out or a dc, they could have done some work and maybe even deserve an xp reward.

Finally, we're talking 5-10 xp here... not 50 or 100, but 10 tops. I'm not sure this entire problem is about those that are leeching, but about those that are botting. I'd be happy if STS could just implement a protocol that bans players who use the exact same timing for say 10-15 maps in a row (which would be very hard to impossible for any human).

My suggestion: allow all 3 members in any instance to have a boot option but make it a secret ballot type instead of an instant action. You click the user's name and hit the boot button, if that same player gets kicked by the other member then they're gone; meaning two players have to both kick the other. I think this would be different than a host system, since there really is no host in multi just the player who happens to spawn first.

Backup suggestion: only players that use the exit circle get the rewards for completion of the map. If someone is willing to run a map even if it's completely empty, just to stand in a pentagram all for 5 xp... so be it.

Shaocalur
06-28-2012, 09:39 AM
I like your first suggestion, it works well in another MMO I play. And it's completely fair, no one can get booted for a stupid reason like "blah blah blah" like how it is in the other Legend titles. Very good. +1

Carapace
06-28-2012, 06:08 PM

This was our original intent, but some of the bosses appeared to have slipped through the cracks. There will be an update coming that makes sure all of the minibosses have a minimum required kill count on the map before the boss is available to fight. This was affecting a decent number of maps, but most maps are working as intended.

between
06-28-2012, 06:12 PM
This was our original intent, but some of the bosses appeared to have slipped through the cracks. There will be an update coming that makes sure all of the minibosses have a minimum required kill count on the map before the boss is available to fight. This was affecting a decent number of maps, but most maps are working as intended.

ahhh dont fix the reaping yet i still have 13k to goooo :((((((((((

Shaocalur
06-28-2012, 06:24 PM
This was our original intent, but some of the bosses appeared to have slipped through the cracks.

Wait, is this why it takes awhile for The Reaping ti fully complete? Like when you finish a mission that music plays but if you don't hear it you don't get the xp. >_< I think I get it.

between
06-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Wait, is this why it takes awhile for The Reaping ti fully complete? Like when you finish a mission that music plays but if you don't hear it you don't get the xp. >_< I think I get it.

hmm i have not had that happen to me. maybe they fixed it :(((

Shaocalur
06-28-2012, 08:31 PM
hmm i have not had that happen to me. maybe they fixed it :(((
Still happens to me.

between
06-28-2012, 08:38 PM
Still happens to me.

just tried. ran in, killed the boss without even targeting another mob like always, and left just before the weapon hit the floor.

got xp and gold :|

Shaocalur
06-28-2012, 08:41 PM
just tried. ran in, killed the boss without even targeting another mob like always, and left just before the weapon hit the floor.

got xp and gold :|

Nvermind I can't explain it.

between
06-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Nvermind I can't explain it.

u broke it :(