PDA

View Full Version : I think the new drop rate is amazing!

modredd
06-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Now we can all be on the same field, on the same level and it won't be this hierarchy of who's better,who is a zillionaire .We can all be a group, a community and I applaud Spacetime studios for doing this because I know they will receive a lot of flack from the people who want to have 10,000,000 gold on 9 characters which not necessary,its greed!

Lowlyspy
06-27-2012, 11:38 AM
High five good sir and/or madam.

razerfingers
06-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Im glad someone else sees same thing i do out of making higher drop rate :)

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

Fao
06-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Amen! Im like, whats the whole point of having all that money? The point is to make it slowly so when you do have a lot it's fun!

modredd
06-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the support, Love you guys.
I expected some shade from the money people

Fao
06-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Oh, JUST wait, they'll be here any minute now, haha!:)

RedRyder
06-27-2012, 12:33 PM
The only ones that are pissed are the ones with multiple gold caps. God forbid anyone else gets to run in decent gear while you horde away your gold with no intention of using them.

modredd
06-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Lets keep this Shawns happy place.

Swimmingstar
06-27-2012, 01:00 PM
I've heard they're way higher now, but how often are you seeing drops?

What % drop rate do you think the pinks are? I'm excited to go and try some runs!

Rare
06-27-2012, 01:10 PM
I've still only seen 1 drop in about 4 hours of farming. Goes without saying it wasn't to me.

Swimmingstar
06-27-2012, 01:16 PM
I've still only seen 1 drop in about 4 hours of farming. Goes without saying it wasn't to me.

Oh.

Suentous PO
06-27-2012, 01:17 PM
We are the 99% ! :)
Heheh

FluffNStuff
06-27-2012, 01:19 PM
They aren't super high, I did an hour of thrashing in sandbar and only saw one drop (and of course, not to me), so they did not over do it.

Swimmingstar
06-27-2012, 01:19 PM
They aren't super high, I did an hour of thrashing in sandbar and only saw one drop (and of course, not to me), so they did not over do it.

Awwwwww.

Suentous PO
06-27-2012, 01:21 PM
1 hr of monsterbash +2 pink - lotsa plat

Swimmingstar
06-27-2012, 01:23 PM
1 hr of monsterbash +2 pink - lotsa plat
=Lots of $$$!

I have no problem with this though!

And this is why:

Though the way i look at it, the more they farm, the lower prices will drop. Better for the average player, not so much for the merchant's insatiable lust for an overabundance of gold that they'll never use.

The Flash
06-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Lol how is increasing the drop rate bad for gold cappers. There acually spending 3mil on a set instead of 10mil now. You guys mixing apples and oranges. It does make it fair for everyone to have good gear. If anything low drop rates make the gold capper spend there gold thats not being used.

It's only natural for people to need to scapegoat someone and you guys are doing it to the gold cappers. Putting the blame on the people with gold like its there fault drop rates are low. Just have fun guys its a game :/

Ps STS always does the whole low drop rate (when campaign comes out), then increase it a week later. That way the crazy people that cap there toons have something to farm after they hit cap and not already have lots of pinks.

GoodSyntax
06-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Why the need to hoard so much gold?

It's not like you can slap others around with your wallet or anything.

Wait....Maybe the devs could add that as an emote...If you have gold cap you can wallet slap noobs!

Lowlyspy
06-27-2012, 01:47 PM
False, the common system is: High drop rates for first week or so, drop rates lowered after. The high drop rates at the beginning are for people to get drops while they are grinding for the cap/getting the market started for the set pieces, after that it's lowered to promote players buying elixirs to boost their chances of getting a pink.

As for blaming the merchants for the low drop rates, how in the heck did you get that from us saying we are happy that casual players will now have a chance to get the good gear? We are perfectly aware that the gold cappers have nothing to do with drop rates being low, that was STS's choice.

modredd
06-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Monster bash is where I got my first and saw three drop in 15 minutes

BoomBox
06-27-2012, 02:10 PM
I've done a couple monster bashs and a few pinks dropped none to me but to my guildies! Also did devils coast and a pink dropped rto me! :) so Im happy with the drop rate

Suentous PO
06-27-2012, 03:26 PM
=Lots of $$$!

I have no problem with this though!

And this is why:

me niether, i was just throwing it out so ppl have an idea of what they might expect.

modredd
06-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Again I'm so happy with all of your support and I think it's great but pinks are finally dropping

Cahaun
06-27-2012, 04:29 PM
*cough* Maybe Nuri's Circus could use such an update? *cough*

TANKKAAR
06-27-2012, 04:46 PM
200+ plat in Boss Bash (not including thrasher) while wearing bigger luck and saw one drop ... And ofcourse it wasnt me :( I say the higher the drop rate the better!

Lowlyspy
06-27-2012, 05:42 PM
*cough* Maybe Nuri's Circus could use such an update? *cough*

*cough* I second that motion *cough*

Subscriber
06-27-2012, 05:46 PM
I never said it was bad, personally I think it's alright but I just don't get why people complaining always get what they want.

CrimsonTider
06-27-2012, 05:46 PM
After not seeing a single pink drop in the first week, I saw 2 in the last hour. Not to me, but I am much happier. With the reintroduction of purple, it feels alot like Sewers. I am happy with that.

Zeus
06-27-2012, 05:53 PM
I never said it was bad, personally I think it's alright but I just don't get why people complaining always get what they want.

Ever had a screaming baby in your face? Now put 1000 screaming babies in your face. It's quite a formidable force.

Lowlyspy
06-27-2012, 07:03 PM
Ever had a screaming baby in your face? Now put 1000 screaming babies in your face. It's quite a formidable force.

What was that? Sorry i can't hear you through all the blood.

Lowlyspy
06-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Regardless, it's not only the plat buyers benefiting from it, casual players who don't have the time or patience to grind nonstop or merch will have gear be more affordable with all the plat users over farming the gear. No need to yell now.

And not meaning to troll but, not worth nothing? Sorry, double negatives annoy me more than any grammar mistake :p

modredd
06-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Rage much.

Zeus
06-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Flack of people who want to have gold cap........?

Greed?

DO YOU KNOW?
You don't.
You think it's greed eh?

We ALL worked hard for our gold caps, and now STS is tossing out gold to PLATINUM buyers like it's not worth nothing.
You know, you would understand if you had a gold cap before this "spend 3 Plat a run for a 1mil Pink thing."

I don't think you understood the intention of the thread that I made.
It's NOT to complain about the drop rate.
Just this new drop rate PLUS the Monster Bash gives Platinum buyers an insanely easy way to make gold.

Whirlz, bro, economics rule 101, never let your gold caps just sit there, always invest them in something, otherwise inflation will bite you in the buttocks.

Suentous PO
06-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Just this new drop rate PLUS the Monster Bash gives Platinum buyers an insanely easy way to make gold.

Whirlz, this all has happened before, and will again.- Winterfest

McBain
06-27-2012, 10:10 PM
I don't know. The way I see it, people on both sides of the argument are over-exaggerating things. I say the drop rate is the drop rate and just deal with it. If you think it's too low and you're wasting plat to farm items, here's a novel idea: stop spending so much plat. Save it for something else. If you think it's too high, go farm one of the many other areas where you can still make good money off drops. Actually, that applies to the "too low" crowd as well.

BTW, not a single one of us (other than the devs) actually know what the drop rate really is. Everybody's just trying to guess from anecdotal evidence. If you never got a drop, that doesn't necessarily mean the rate was abnormally low. If the drop rate for a pink was 1% (which isn't all that bad), that doesn't mean you're guaranteed a pink within 100 drops. Me thinks the folks complaining about the drop rate are just in a statistical extreme, which is unfortunate, but not necessarily the fault of the drop rate itself. This is why I think showing the drop rate for each map is a good idea, like in DL. I think it's the guesswork that people are complaining about rather than the actual drop rate. If you can see with your own eyes what your chances are, it gives you more realistic expectations.

modredd
06-27-2012, 10:21 PM
Nothing is being over exaggerated pinks were non existent and now they drop at a more acceptable level and that's all we wanted and we got it
STS would not have changed it if they didn't think that the request was reasonable.
For all we know it could have been a glitch,I can't name 1 player out of my 1500 members of my guild who saw a helm the first 3 days of the new campaign for sale on someone nor on the forums
Arguing isn't going to change the fact that the update has already gone through so you just have to accept it and move on I don't see what the big deal is?

McBain
06-28-2012, 01:04 AM
If you read my post, you'd see I wasn't actually arguing anything.

Drizzid
06-29-2012, 10:58 AM
After not seeing a single pink drop in the first week, I saw 2 in the last hour. Not to me, but I am much happier. With the reintroduction of purple, it feels alot like Sewers. I am happy with that.

Except all of the purples are completely useless. There's no variety between armor if you don't have lvl 70 pinks, the 66 angel set is by far the best choice.

I think it's silly that a lvl 66 pink blows a lvl 70 purp out of the water.

STS needs to spend more time on evening out the stats on all drops. You should able to
Throw together a green set and not be useless. A lower drop rate would be fine if there was ANY other drops that actually serve a purpose besides liquidation.

FluffNStuff
06-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Except all of the purples are completely useless. There's no variety between armor if you don't have lvl 70 pinks, the 66 angel set is by far the best choice.

I think it's silly that a lvl 66 pink blows a lvl 70 purp out of the water.

STS needs to spend more time on evening out the stats on all drops. You should able to
Throw together a green set and not be useless. A lower drop rate would be fine if there was ANY other drops that actually serve a purpose besides liquidation.

STS spent a lot of effort and man hours designing and balancing orange through purps for ao3 to see their hard work turn into liquidation fodder for players who refused to even consider using something that wasn't pink.

McBain
06-29-2012, 04:29 PM
I don't think that's completely true. I know a lot of players (including myself) who used orange and green drops (and occasionally purple) pretty much exclusively in the sewers, because all the sewer drops had something that made them useful. I never liquidated sewer drops. Always sold through CS because they were actually worth something and people would buy them.

McBain
06-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Ironically, I saw 5-6 pinks drop before the nerf (including two I got myself :biggrin:), but haven't seen a single pink drop since. Did they only up the drop rate for the plat map?

Drizzid
06-30-2012, 01:19 AM
STS spent a lot of effort and man hours designing and balancing orange through purps for ao3 to see their hard work turn into liquidation fodder for players who refused to even consider using something that wasn't pink.

Maybe because in ao3 pinks would drop so frequently there was no reason to use anything else. Sewers drops were perfect, and it is also the only campaign I played through entirely without pinks. There should be a distinct difference between all the sets and each should serve an actual purpose orange through pink.

If pinks are going to be legendary they should be so rare that only a few sets will ever be put together, this would require purples to take the rarity of pinks, and greens to purps etc.. Of course the stats would have to be configured accordingly, and drop rates changed but I think it may be time for a complete overhaul in the drop classifications/ratings. Until then I'll just rock the angel gear as its far superior to everything but the 70 pinks, which I can't afford lol.