PDA

View Full Version : Plantinum/trade/upgrade questions...

Keppra
08-23-2010, 03:53 AM
Helloooo, new member here!

Started the game yesterday and working on a Dexbear, got myself some Platinum and am loving it!

I was wondering if people could explain if there is an easy way to transfer items between your own characters, or if you need to do the whole "have a friend hold them for you" thing...

Also wondering about the purchasing of extra inventory slots (with platinum), do these get applied to all characters, or just the one your purchase them on...?

Oh and what are "stash slots"?

Thanking you very much,

Cameron (aka Tegretol, Keppra and Epilim)

GaZz
08-23-2010, 04:25 AM
Welcome to the game :)

Your "stash slots" is a shared storage. So both characters can access it. Its located in Forest Haven - opposite Ozz The Merchant. The NPC is caller Amira.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2321965/storage.jpg

I've not bought additional inventory slots, so I can't answer that one.

Keppra
08-23-2010, 04:34 AM
Awesome, that's helped LOADS - thanks very much! =)

New question: Is there a limit to how many potions you can carry? (or some kind of formula for the current max?).

I don't seem to be picking up any more once I have 25... (not bought any yet)

gwippy
08-23-2010, 06:03 AM
extra inventory counts for all accounts

Fyrce
08-24-2010, 03:34 AM
Stash is available to all characters, as are extra stash slots, of course.
Useful for saving stuff between campaigns.

Inventory slots are available only to that character. So an extra 50 inventory slots is only for a specific character.
Useful for running long campaigns or more campaigns without stopping to sort or mass dump items.

Dharken
08-24-2010, 09:31 AM
You wont get any free potions from battles if you have 25 or more on-hand already.
I stopped buying them once i figured this out :-)

If you DO buy them, get them from Ellie in Forest Haven. Cheaper than buying them from your menu screens. Oh and you save a fair bit buying in bulk so try to buy 100 at a time if you can afford it.

And welcome to the game!

EDIT: I think the max is 255 you can carry? One of the others will confirm that for me please?

Gryndeon
08-24-2010, 10:49 AM
You wont get any free potions from battles if you have 25 or more on-hand already.
I stopped buying them once i figured this out :-)

If you DO buy them, get them from Ellie in Forest Haven. Cheaper than buying them from your menu screens. Oh and you save a fair bit buying in bulk so try to buy 100 at a time if you can afford it.

That would have been really nice to know. :) I've spent a fortune on potions from the menu store (I'm a Mage; I kind of feel like I should have potions).

FluffNStuff
08-24-2010, 11:02 AM
That would have been really nice to know. :) I've spent a fortune on potions from the menu store (I'm a Mage; I kind of feel like I should have potions).

Leveling a mage requires a ton of blue potions, and going Ellie for the 100 pack is always the best idea.

Snakespeare
08-24-2010, 11:15 AM
I am pretty sure that I bought 300 heal pots from Ellie once, so I don't think 255 is the limit. If it has a limit, it is probably based on what sort of data type they used. 255 would be the limit if the data type is char. My guess is that they probably use an unsigned short Int because it is only 2 bytes, and that would be 65,535. But this is only a guess. I have seen screen captures in which the potion quantities were over a thousand.

FluffNStuff
08-24-2010, 11:23 AM
I am pretty sure that I bought 300 heal pots from Ellie once, so I don't think 255 is the limit. If it has a limit, it is probably based on what sort of data type they used. 255 would be the limit if the data type is char. My guess is that they probably use an unsigned short Int because it is only 2 bytes, and that would be 65,535. But this is only a guess. I have seen screen captures in which the potion quantities were over a thousand.

NVM, was gonna say 999 but missed you saw em over a thousand.

Kurlz
08-28-2010, 02:00 AM

ive spent like 500k on potions with just my first two chars...i use more mana pots with my warrior than i do with my mage too cuz i go crazy on my skill buttons...lol...they really really need to start putting some more good croc gear into the game because as far as i know thats the only warrior gear with mana regen