PDA

View Full Version : An idea on how to get rid of botters and on how to fix gold inflation

Flamesofanger
01-19-2022, 02:54 PM
How about we have durability added to specific types of gears and you have to pay gold in order to repair the items from excessive damage?

Eg:

500 gold to fix a spirit sword/belt/whatever

1,000 gold to fix a mythic sword/belt/whatever

The weapons take hours or whatever is chosen to repair when it's completely damaged from combat.

Everyone keeps gaining tons of gold anyway, the fees won't be an issue.

Also, did i mention.... add loot to the new expansion maps and also any teaser on the Lv81 elite maps? thx lol

Flamesofanger
01-19-2022, 02:59 PM
To address concerns:

This mechanic is already available in major MMORPGS for the exact same reasons i stated.

Gold drops in incredibly large amounts now too. The newer players who afford mythic weapons will most likely afford 1,000 gold repair fees per 10 hours or so. (An example)

#RemoveTradePermitsPlease

Stephencobear
01-19-2022, 03:17 PM
“Durability” would punish new players who aren’t a part of gold farming which drives inflation

Overbear
01-19-2022, 03:19 PM
Seems unnecessary. Surely there's better ways...

Avaree
01-19-2022, 03:28 PM
I bet sts has a way to detect who’s botting events .

Flamesofanger
01-19-2022, 03:29 PM
“Durability” would punish new players who aren’t a part of gold farming which drives inflation

Seems unnecessary. Surely there's better ways...

I recommend you guys read the thread at least 2-3 times.

Msrobinsonal
01-19-2022, 04:00 PM

Making it so people can't play for hours just to stop a few botters..no thnx.

Xuds
01-19-2022, 04:12 PM
add premium pet food for gold or 2 plat that increases passives/stat/aa/duration of happyness before they need to be fed again

Mitsooos
01-19-2022, 04:22 PM
Imagine your weapon or armor to broken in the middle of the fighting, and you not have the gold to repair it.

zodiashera
01-19-2022, 04:26 PM
Imagine your weapon or armor to broken in the middle of the fighting, and you not have the gold to repair it.For 1k gold? Cmon

Sent from my vivo 1817 using Tapatalk

Naaabmage
01-19-2022, 04:29 PM
True it is in alot of other games It wouldnt be an issue if it was implemented...minor inconvenience for us but that's OK

+1

Oawaoebi
01-19-2022, 04:37 PM
Add a 1 billion gold vanity which can we bought from sir spendsalot or 1 b per armor helm maybe also 1b for wings and easy gold sink is there.

Flamesofanger
01-19-2022, 04:55 PM

Making it so people can't play for hours just to stop a few botters..no thnx.

I never said the durability mechanism being exclusively applied to the crafting station.

It can be 1 simple click in the inventory, like liquidating your items. That's pretty much it.

Imagine your weapon or armor to broken in the middle of the fighting, and you not have the gold to repair it.

That will only happen to players who play for 10 hours straight or more then.

I made a hypothetical example after all.

caabarader
01-19-2022, 06:02 PM
Better u post on Al suggestion so assomers can give u an answer if they will think or if disagree with it. Always ideas should be posted there, at general discussion as name means, just the community will discuss, and i think u want to a dev take a look at it.

Undershooting
01-19-2022, 06:09 PM
Good idea, that will be the time every rich player will have 3 of the same weapon in case one breaks down, they can use the other one

Cinco
01-19-2022, 06:12 PM
Moved to Suggestions and Feedback forum.

Also - this discussion is fascinating to me. I've done decay designs for speculative Legends projects in the very recent past. I'm curious to know how the Arcane Legends expert views various possible implementations. For instance: assessing equipment damage only when remaking / entering a dungeon versus assessing equipment damage in real-time.

Flamesofanger
01-19-2022, 06:41 PM

Also - this discussion is fascinating to me. I've done decay designs for speculative Legends projects in the very recent past. I'm curious to know how the Arcane Legends expert views various possible implementations. For instance: assessing equipment damage only when remaking / entering a dungeon versus assessing equipment damage in real-time.

In my opinion, real time damage sounds more enticing due to the fact it'll keep the player engaged enough in the dungeon to make sure his equipment is healthy for continuance.

The repair capability can even come with portable repair kits that can only be used once per equipment but repair it only a good 50% compared to say, for example a blacksmith repairing your item to 100% for a fee.

As i said in my thread before, durability may only apply to specific rarities/items or become universal.

Stephencobear
01-19-2022, 07:01 PM
I recommend you guys read the thread at least 2-3 times.

The post didn’t specifically say it wouldn’t affect new players

Immortal_Blood
01-19-2022, 08:22 PM
+1 . Though I really dislike the sound of waiting for my gears to be repaired.

Edit: Nvm. Just +1 lol.

Abbk.

Nocturnus
01-20-2022, 12:18 AM
+1 I like it.
But not for equipment that already exists or that we own, it would be really annoying to have paid for something and now it works differently.
For a new rarity, such as spirit, arcane, mythic, etc.
Those gear and weapons could be "breakable rarities" and maybe recycle some old but really stronger proc, they could compete with the existing ones, because they wouldn't be really profitable, and you would have to strategically think about where to use them so they don't go to waste.
It would serve to relaunch old items maybe too.
It would also be better if it costs only gold, or some repair pack, craftable with existing items and gold.

Kelyx
01-20-2022, 07:50 AM

Also - this discussion is fascinating to me. I've done decay designs for speculative Legends projects in the very recent past. I'm curious to know how the Arcane Legends expert views various possible implementations. For instance: assessing equipment damage only when remaking / entering a dungeon versus assessing equipment damage in real-time.Minecraft vibes. Please, dont

Enviado desde mi SM-G781B mediante Tapatalk

Oakmaiden
01-20-2022, 07:56 AM
No ty, I find fewer and fewer reasons to play. Broken gears... who enjoys a broken tv, car repairs or ... ummmm no....

PatD
01-20-2022, 10:46 AM
At that point i would only find this really annoying, no thank you!!

kulldeepboro
01-20-2022, 11:07 AM
didn't know people became so rich they now finding ways to spend .

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

kulldeepboro
01-20-2022, 11:09 AM
better to giveaway 1k gold to those random people who beg in town , atleast you all will make someone happy

Avaree
01-20-2022, 01:25 PM

Keep AL in its original game play.
TIA

Avy

Immortal_Blood
01-20-2022, 01:49 PM
better to giveaway 1k gold to those random people who beg in town , atleast you all will make someone happy

Lol
Hahahaha

True though!!!.

Mitsooos
01-20-2022, 02:26 PM
I never having gold in my inventory, I left them in stash for not making stupid buying,
if my pet got hungry in battle and I didn't have gold to feed, I switch it!!!

Alkif
01-20-2022, 03:21 PM
In other mmorpg I play there is trade limit to items (3 trades for best gear). the rarer the item the less trades you can make. Once trade limit is reached it becomes untradeable but it doesn't affect its stats. Id love to see something similar in this game. It would make game harder and keep item values high. I was looking forward to buying new mythic bow for 100m and I was making plans how to grind for it however after just 1 event price has dropped by 60% which leaves me with 0 motivation to keep on playing. There is nothing to grind for.

Posl
01-20-2022, 03:47 PM
i like this idea
+1

Oawaoebi
01-20-2022, 03:49 PM
I don’t

Susanne
01-20-2022, 04:11 PM
No ty. I don't carry much gold, it stays in my stash and what about new players and hardcore players?
Also, this game is getting complicated enough.
Just leave things as they are. The trade permit is ok, although more information on how to get it for newcomers would be helpful.

Corviss the Lich
01-20-2022, 05:01 PM
Big -1

Considering how annoying it is, HC players will have a hard time with this mechanic, imagine you're hardcore and running a difficult map then suddenly all your gears got broken, unequipped everything, died.

You might also add to repairly it time to time, and that's the annoying part.

and this idea will resolve botting? I think you have no idea how botting works.

bjc535
01-20-2022, 05:36 PM
-1 No thanks, keep it the way it is.

Stephencobear
01-20-2022, 09:43 PM
Also - this discussion is fascinating to me. I've done decay designs for speculative Legends projects in the very recent past.

If your referring to the PL spin-off game then that may be one of the reasons it didn’t take off

Another -1 from me

Msrobinsonal
01-21-2022, 12:14 AM
I never said the durability mechanism being exclusively applied to the crafting station.

It can be 1 simple click in the inventory, like liquidating your items. That's pretty much it.

That will only happen to players who play for 10 hours straight or more then.

I made a hypothetical example after all.

Oh okay... Still -1

Deecon
01-21-2022, 12:42 AM
I’ve had time where I can barely scrape 10k gold and that feeling is not nice. So if there are time where I’m really struggling but want to farm I will be restricted to play before I can’t repair my weapon or gear. So I don’t think this is a good idea tbh.

Analytical
01-21-2022, 01:04 AM
didn't know people became so rich they now finding ways to spend .

Agreed.

If they want to sink gold, the idea suggested by immortal blood could work:

1. Throwing gold coins into the fountain in windmore and have a leaderboard for it to see who throws/sinks gold the most, perhaps a little tweak is one entry per account per month. Although it may seem like someone would sink all their gold to get a LB Spot, it seems unlikely ppl will burn all their gold for it so I'm curious how much ppl would actually do this at maximum (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?616617-Ability-to-Throw-coin-into-windmoore-fountain)

2. As for the daily "draw" mentioned in immortal blood thread above (chances at getting a certain amount of gold), just like sixzy suggested, there could be a limit set to how many times newer players could draw per account.

Further, I would prefer sts come out with newer exclusive and desirable vanities/furniture etc to share a part of the excess gold in game, effectively slowing down inflation, instead of the pointless repair that just annoys people.

Speaking of inflation, I don't think sts would want to "solve inflation" per se, if anything they are the one who will benefit the most from it, what they want at most may only to "slow down inflation" and not cause outrage from people when items turned 10x in a month but rather turned 10 X like in 10 months for example.