PDA

View Full Version : Any ppl wanna jst play?

lilgangster
06-28-2012, 09:11 AM
We'll I didn't think this time would come, especially right after the new campaign. It seems I'm losing my urge to play PL, it suks cuz this game easily falls into my top 15. I believe the reason for this is because I can't seem to really play the new campaign. By tht I mean I can nevr find ppl to play with, I'll get in a party n I'll either get booted cuz it's 4x, or it's all avians or tanks n no mage, of we jst get killed all at once. So r there any ppl tht jst wanna play n do humania runs? Heck even pvp (FFA :))
Ign: Lilgangsta

Mageprodigy
06-28-2012, 09:13 AM
We'll I didn't think this time would come, especially right after the new campaign. It seems I'm losing my urge to play PL, it suks cuz this game easily falls into my top 15. I believe the reason for this is because I can't seem to really play the new campaign. By tht I mean I can nevr find ppl to play with, I'll get in a party n I'll either get booted cuz it's 4x, or it's all avians or tanks n no mage, of we jst get killed all at once. So r there any ppl tht jst wanna play n do humania runs? Heck even pvp (FFA :))

Yes i had this a few months ago too... Try doing new things like making a merch, farming a specific item or make a new character? And im sure there will be no 4x trasher runs which you can join.
goodluck!

lilgangster
06-28-2012, 09:16 AM
Thnx for the advice :) but thing is I was hoping to to cap or atleast lvl my main more but can't do it by myself when I have no elix :p

Restoril
06-28-2012, 09:24 AM
I'm down for Humania runs, IGN Restoril. I'm a no plat playa. ;)

Energizeric
06-28-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm a lvl63 bear and I've had no problems doing Humania runs, so I'm not sure how hard you're trying. I've not been booted a single time. Could be because I wear and obedience dagger set, I'm not sure. But after reading similar complaints in the forums I expected I would be booted constantly, but I have not even when last night I joined 3 lvl70 mages on elixers, they still let me tag along and healed me when I died (quite a few times!).

kiitz
06-28-2012, 10:36 AM
Host your own games and make some friends in game. If no one wants to play with you when you host, what kind of character are you playing? Are you a scatter bear? A non-healing mage? A bear with 66% hit in all strength gear?

GoodSyntax
06-28-2012, 10:37 AM
I agree that most of the games in Humania are of the 4x Thrasher types, but there are still plenty of level 66-68 games going on that are not Thrasher runs. Join in, and even if there are Thrashers, ask if they mind. Many don't, they are just aggressively farming, and an additional hand at clearing the board is appreciated.

Or maybe they just look the other way because I'm a pally and I help rez/heal.

I've noticed that Mages seem to be accepted into PUGs more often. When I'm running with my Bear, I get booted a whole lot more than I do with my Pally.

Personally, I say don your best gear (Angel set, Demonic or Crafted), try to latch onto a group (hopefully with one or two Thrashers) and run the map. Will you get booted from a bunch of games? Maybe, but there are a lot of games that you can get into where you won't be booted.

The whole Thrasher craze in Humania will die down once the market gets saturated with level 70 pinks. It may take a few weeks, but give it time. Anyway, it's not a race to level cap....so enjoy the game. Call your guild members in if you have a hard time, or host your own games and allow others to join.

lilgangster
06-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Thnx for the advice guys I joined a new guild n it's pretty active I've had more success getting n games now :) as far as my gear lol I have either my angel or crafted longbow so idk now I jst wish PL would quit crashing on me D:

GoodSyntax
06-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Host your own games and make some friends in game. If no one wants to play with you when you host, what kind of character are you playing? Are you a scatter bear? A non-healing mage? A bear with 66% hit in all strength gear?

Good point. Humania, more than any other map seems to be cursed with scatter bears, useless mages and birds to like to stray from the group.

I am constantly resisting the urge to rage quit when I die because I have to go rez a bird that decided to break from the group, or mages that walk right by me when I am down, and bears that decide to round up mobs from three areas and scatter them all over the place. Nothing worse than getting shanked by a mob that stalked in from an area that you just cleared.

Energizeric
06-28-2012, 11:10 AM
The "scatter bear" issue is definitely an issue of Humania's landscape and not the bear's fault. The best way for a bear to cause damage is a beckon+stomp combo. In most dungeons, if this is used by a wall, the result is lots of damage and the mobs pushed against the nearest wall all lined up to be killed. In Humania, without walls and with the wide landscape, the result is the scattering of the mobs. If you prefer bears not to use beckon+stomp, then what exactly do you want their rolls to be in Humania? Should they just follow along and wait to help out with the boss?

kiitz
06-28-2012, 11:28 AM
I've complained about the open nature of humania making it a pain in the butt for bears (similar to croc swamps and some other maps). However, blindly using the beckon/stomp combo regardless of the situation MAKES you a scatter bear. If following along and not doing anything is the best for the group, then that is what we are asking. HOLD YOUR SKILLS when it makes sense to. There are still plenty of mobs near walls that can be grouped up nicely along the way, so its not like we are just running and doing nothing at all.

Even though beckon/stomp is our best way of doing damage, the resulting "scatter" reduces the overall damage done by the 4 other players because their AOE skills will not land. A suggestion. When you are in a big open area (the bane of my existence as a bear) use Beckon and then WAIT for the other players to blast them with their skills. You have a good few second window while all the mobs are still stunned from beckon. After waiting for the beckon stun to wear off, you can even first follow it up with a hellscream to add another second of stunning. By that point, a lot of mobs will be relatively low health and all your team's AOE skills will have already been used. If the mobs are low health, your stomp may just finish them off, and any that are not finished off can be tagged off with single DPS abilities. You don't even have to stomp either. Just beckon, hellscream, and then start slashing away at the mobs that are left.

Its not going to be as fun if you play this way, since you are not going to be doing massive DMG COMBOZZZ and getting all the sweet kills for yourself, but play for the greater good of the team and you will find more players willing to play with you and have faster and better runs overall.

Windwaiker
06-28-2012, 11:54 AM
I usually don't get booted, and when I do, it's because the game is full. If you wanna play with me, you can add Windwaiker.
Also, like other people said, hosting your own games won't get you kicked :D
As long as you play well and are nice, people won't usually boot you.

GoodSyntax
06-28-2012, 12:12 PM
The "scatter bear" issue is definitely an issue of Humania's landscape and not the bear's fault. The best way for a bear to cause damage is a beckon+stomp combo. In most dungeons, if this is used by a wall, the result is lots of damage and the mobs pushed against the nearest wall all lined up to be killed. In Humania, without walls and with the wide landscape, the result is the scattering of the mobs. If you prefer bears not to use beckon+stomp, then what exactly do you want their rolls to be in Humania? Should they just follow along and wait to help out with the boss?

You can still perform crowd control without scattering everything on the map. Like any dungeon map, you have to beckon and draw to edges. No bear would be able to scatter in the Sewers (admittedly its a bit more difficult on that map) without getting the boot, so why is it OK in Humania?

True, the map is not conducive to Bears, but good tactics always prevail. Bears are very effective in the Cabanas, and you can still group and draw to edges in most areas. And no one ever said that Bears are unable to get Aggro in Humania, so Tanking is still on the table. Bears can also pull individuals out of mobs for easier one-at-a-time kills for lower level players, so Bears are still effective...it's just more challenging than it used to be. You have to be a more tactical player instead of a button smasher like in previous maps.

GoodSyntax
06-28-2012, 12:14 PM
I usually don't get booted, and when I do, it's because the game is full.

LOL - You sound like the Most Interesting Man In The World commercial....

"I don't usually get booted, but when I do, its because I'm a scatter bear."

kiitz
06-28-2012, 12:33 PM
LOL - You sound like the Most Interesting Man In The World commercial....

"I don't usually get booted, but when I do, its because I'm a scatter bear."

lol

LwMark
06-28-2012, 01:17 PM
If u got a spare 2m sitting around u can lvl up to 71 with the 1.5s. Im doin it fine its goin smooth. Every 10 runs i gain 1000xp so in a thousand runs il b therr :) and thats without people usin 4x. 1000 runs is not alot if u think about it :p

NotYoCookiez
06-28-2012, 01:28 PM
If you want you can always join The Elite. We have runs going on everyday! Thrasher and non thrasher. Very active guild ^_^

I'm not telling you to leave your guild tho ...

Incase you don't like it we will gladly welcome you !

Chopper
06-28-2012, 03:01 PM
OP, i've noticed the exact same thing!

Either all thrasher parties, which result in getting booted, OR the opposite, with players completely playing uncoordinated and getting killed all time time and quitting. Not sure when all the Lvl 65-66s become so inept at teamwork LOL

It's harder to find an actual normal party to play runs with.

Rare
06-28-2012, 03:02 PM

I haven't been having a problems with scattering. The only problem I've been having is beckon missing sometimes. There are only a few places that beckon+stomp fails. Other than that you are usually near a wall.

Windwaiker
06-28-2012, 03:35 PM
OP, i've noticed the exact same thing!

Either all thrasher parties, which result in getting booted, OR the opposite, with players completely playing uncoordinated and getting killed all time time and quitting. Not sure when all the Lvl 65-66s become so inept at teamwork LOL

It's harder to find an actual normal party to play runs with.

The worst is when there's one mage and he/she simply passes over your dead body :(

kiitz
06-28-2012, 03:43 PM
The worst is when there's one mage and he/she simply passes over your dead body :(

Or the one mage sucks and keeps dying

Windwaiker
06-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Sometimes it's hard to not die because I'm squishy and the tank doesn't hold aggro. D:

lilgangster
06-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Exactly it's not alot tht I get booted but it does happen sum times the bigger problem is scrub getting killed.off due to lack of teamwork n evry1 ragequits. But I join elite it's a pretty active guild thnx guys :)

kiitz
06-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Sometimes it's hard to not die because I'm squishy and the tank doesn't hold aggro. D:

Yeah, that sucks. That is why I dislike running with Strength bears. Especially with the Angel gear in the game now, the dex set just gives them so much offensive stats, plenty of defensive stats and more than enough hit to land all their skills and do enough damage to keep the mobs on them.

Windwaiker
06-28-2012, 04:47 PM
I just had 2 successful runs @ sandbar with 1 Mage and 4 birds (including me). The mage died right before the boss, but the rest of us took care of him and remade. The only reason I did 2 was because the second time I randomly disconnected (before the boss!) and couldn't find the host or the other party members again. So, as long as the players are good and you choose easier maps (sandbar doesn't have giant yetis of doom), no one should be rage quitting.

Charmstrange
06-28-2012, 05:26 PM

Funny you should put it that way. I just had a conversation with another player the other day in which I mentioned that the group was challenging to stay in front of, and noted that it was a good problem to have. He replied something like, "yeah I rush too much". I told him simply, "bear not in front *is* the bear's fault." I was playing the bear, of course.

So, How does a bear get a mob to the wall (or to the water's edge and the gently lapping waves in this case)? Get out in front of the group. Don't try to kill anything, it isn't your job to stay behind and finish off the mobs while high damage characters leave you behind. Trust me, leave the mobs behind for the damage-dealers to kill while you run far ahead and get enemy aggro. They will follow you and then you can beckon/stomp them into a tidy bunch in the surf instead of blasting them individually to all corners of humania and beyond.

When I play mage, I almost always rush because I get tired of waiting for someone to take the initiative. Many mages do this, and here is why I think it happens: 1) the bear won't go (sometimes referred to as a scaredy-bear), so there isn't much choice 2) the bear scatters and you have to get ahead and deal enough buff, debuff and combos so that when the bear inevitably stomps, the mobs just die instead of scattering.

With that said.... As soon as a bear runs in front of me and makes effort to control to mob, i go into support and damage mode. i run with the bear and heal but DO NOT attack anything so as not to steal aggro. Then as the mob is collecting, I cast nightmare and lightning to soften them up a little (this also seems to avoid stealing aggro), the bear beckons to the edge and I freeze them right when they cluster. The stomping and firestorm usually does them in after that.

Important points - in this scenario the bear does damage, uses all skills effectively, controls the mobs, and ultimately becomes the conductor for the movement of the group. Damage builds really like this because it means not wasting area skills and combos in individual enemies.

The bear controls the mob. If the mob is out of control, it *is* the bear's fault.

McBain
06-28-2012, 05:44 PM
These are good points ^^^. I've found that above all else, if everyone stays together, everything is much easier. When people start spreading out and all going in different directions, that's when party wipes tend to happen.

kiitz
06-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Funny you should put it that way. I just had a conversation with another player the other day in which I mentioned that the group was challenging to stay in front of, and noted that it was a good problem to have. He replied something like, "yeah I rush too much". I told him simply, "bear not in front *is* the bear's fault." I was playing the bear, of course.

So, How does a bear get a mob to the wall (or to the water's edge and the gently lapping waves in this case)? Get out in front of the group. Don't try to kill anything, it isn't your job to stay behind and finish off the mobs while high damage characters leave you behind. Trust me, leave the mobs behind for the damage-dealers to kill while you run far ahead and get enemy aggro. They will follow you and then you can beckon/stomp them into a tidy bunch in the surf instead of blasting them individually to all corners of humania and beyond.

When I play mage, I almost always rush because I get tired of waiting for someone to take the initiative. Many mages do this, and here is why I think it happens: 1) the bear won't go (sometimes referred to as a scaredy-bear), so there isn't much choice 2) the bear scatters and you have to get ahead and deal enough buff, debuff and combos so that when the bear inevitably stomps, the mobs just die instead of scattering.

With that said.... As soon as a bear runs in front of me and makes effort to control to mob, i go into support and damage mode. i run with the bear and heal but DO NOT attack anything so as not to steal aggro. Then as the mob is collecting, I cast nightmare and lightning to soften them up a little (this also seems to avoid stealing aggro), the bear beckons to the edge and I freeze them right when they cluster. The stomping and firestorm usually does them in after that.

Important points - in this scenario the bear does damage, uses all skills effectively, controls the mobs, and ultimately becomes the conductor for the movement of the group. Damage builds really like this because it means not wasting area skills and combos in individual enemies.

The bear controls the mob. If the mob is out of control, it *is* the bear's fault.

Sounds like you are a good bear/mage (bird as well?) to run with. That is exactly how it should be played. Its the best when you are in runs with someone who is also "in the know". Actually just 2 players working together like this will usually bring everyone else into line and doing the same thing. A well played bear with strong support from a mage to go in with you, debuff, heal you and then blast after they are grouped makes the largest difference in runs.