PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon "Leechers"

Carapace
06-28-2012, 10:48 AM
There are a lot of posts cropping up regarding this problem, and I just want to make sure people are aware we are looking into solutions for ways to handle this ASAP. Thank you for your patience, we understand how frustrating this problem is for everyone, including us.

-Cara

Buster
06-28-2012, 10:50 AM
So its not allowed?

Carapace
06-28-2012, 10:56 AM
So its not allowed?

It's not allowed. It basically is a way to exploit the system and level up without actually playing the game the way it was intended.

Lady_Pebbles
06-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Thank goodness! I hope yall can find a reasonable solution that doesn't hinder the rest of us who actually bust our butts to gain the exp.

Airity
06-28-2012, 11:13 AM
This may get on people's nerves, but one solution for this would be to hve the player type a couple letters shown on screen after the level (not the real complex letters, like when making a gmail, just a short phrase or a simple math problem). This would help stop the botters.

Shaocalur
06-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Check out the few suggestions made here, I really like them and they could work:

o.O Leeching, took me a min. Well I don't think it's harassment but I do find it annoying when the users are sometimes blatant about their intentions of just sitting at spawn while the other two man team has to perform one man down. I also have my suspicions/confirmation that there are botters; when I ran into the same few names just sitting in spawn I timed them to see if they left at the same time interval. So let's look into options:

I don't like the boss radius idea as you could run most of a map and miss out on the loot and xp as well. Scenario: you join a game (already in progress), Player A and Player B have elixirs and are rushing to boss while you struggle to catch up. Since they're not clearing, you have to slash your way through a few mobs only to arrive at the boss just seconds too late to be within the defined radius.

I cannot say that I agree with a "must do damage to boss" system either as I have run down a side path to clear a bit of map only to watch the boss die before being able to land a single blow. The problem with this is the same as the other, you cannot control what the other members do since it is basically a pug system. You could do 90% of the map and miss out on the boss and end up getting nothing with either of these options. Also, what happens when a player lags out or a dc, they could have done some work and maybe even deserve an xp reward.

Finally, we're talking 5-10 xp here... not 50 or 100, but 10 tops. I'm not sure this entire problem is about those that are leeching, but about those that are botting. I'd be happy if STS could just implement a protocol that bans players who use the exact same timing for say 10-15 maps in a row (which would be very hard to impossible for any human).

My suggestion: allow all 3 members in any instance to have a boot option but make it a secret ballot type instead of an instant action. You click the user's name and hit the boot button, if that same player gets kicked by the other member then they're gone; meaning two players have to both kick the other. I think this would be different than a host system, since there really is no host in multi just the player who happens to spawn first.

Backup suggestion: only players that use the exit circle get the rewards for completion of the map. If someone is willing to run a map even if it's completely empty, just to stand in a pentagram all for 5 xp... so be it.

Please take these into consideration.

captaintuttle
06-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Thank goodness! I hope yall can find a reasonable solution that doesn't hinder the rest of us who actually bust our butts to gain the exp.

^ Hardcore Butt-Buster right there ^ :smiley_simmons:

ArtStar
06-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Check out the few suggestions made here, I really like them and they could work:

Please take these into consideration.

I like Glutts post, the voting option I have seen in other games and works really well.
There is a two to one vote so it will go as quickly as the runs.

Shaocalur
06-28-2012, 01:04 PM
I like Glutts post, the voting option I have seen in other games and works really well.
There is a two to one vote so it will go as quickly as the runs.

Exactly what I was thinking. I hope to see this in game.

Jcyee
06-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Ty carapace. So tired of all the leechers...

xxjoseluisxx
06-28-2012, 01:11 PM
The Booting option seems nice, but I can see it get abused =/.

Shaocalur
06-28-2012, 01:14 PM

>_< Me too but I'd rather have that be abused then worthless vampires getting credit for stuff they didn't do.

Carapace
06-28-2012, 03:26 PM

This is why we're still discussing options and their potential problems. In a scenario with 2 players in a map, the new person joining could kick you for no reason, and would be worse than the occasional leecher in my opinion. The voting only applies well to a 3 player scenario, but we're discussing actively.

Snakespeare
06-28-2012, 03:31 PM
I like Glut's second idea better, of requiring an exit via the glyph to collect xp.

Xaphan Fox
06-28-2012, 05:12 PM
You time is coming to an end Stein... The biggest offender by far. And I can name 4 who are clearly running some kind of script via chrome. Please take notice and ban these offenders sts

Grrrrr bark bark grrrrr

Larissa
06-28-2012, 05:32 PM
i agree Steins is one of the annoying ones who just does nothing.............

and there are many more..

please do something carapace!

between
06-29-2012, 12:39 AM
This may get on people's nerves, but one solution for this would be to hve the player type a couple letters shown on screen after the level (not the real complex letters, like when making a gmail, just a short phrase or a simple math problem). This would help stop the botters.

that would irritate the ever living *insert swear word* out of me omg you dont even know.

those captcha things or whatever they just really really make me mad

like hulk mad.

WinterKate
06-29-2012, 04:31 AM
I have experienced this a couple of times. People come in and it seems like they're glued to that spot, until I finish the entire dungeon and they also get the xp. Thank you for hearing us out. Booting option seems the best, for me. It worked well for PL and SL. Just saying. :)

HunterSLAYER
06-29-2012, 12:05 PM

that would irritate the ever living *insert swear word* out of me omg you dont even know.

like HULK MAD.

Captchas might be useful, but it may be more of a hindrance to players farming than actually helping ban botters.

An example would be of two DL players, of which one is playing on mobile and the other on Chrome.

Obviously, the player on Chrome would have a significant advantage as all smartphone/Tablet users know that typing on "Touch keyboards" are a pain compared to the good 'ol physical keyboard for the pc.

So my point here is, By the time the frustrated mobile user deals with Predictive text/Autocorrect,etc.
The user on Chrome would have killed the boss already.

As the mobile user has just finished the captcha, he would not have any/little time left to get into the exp radius near the boss, thus leaving him frustrated with no rewards and the same problematic cycle repeats all over again whenever the player enters a map and is prompted by server to complete the captcha to proceed.(sometimes). This would heavily affect gameplay for STRICTLY mobile(phone/Tablet/Galaxy Player,etc.) only users like me.

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Carapace
06-29-2012, 12:37 PM
We won't be using a Captcha solution, don't worry :)

Shaocalur
06-29-2012, 12:41 PM

Phew, what a relief. Lol thanks for keeping us updated Cara.

Bigtokes
06-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Amg this thread is about griefing over 5-10xp and a worthless amount of gold that everyone gets for every mission. Just ignore leechers and you won't see them again. And I've only ever seen 2 leechers in my time playing dl. Also PLz do not move that one boss in that's mid map he's the ultimate farm boss.

Cahaun
06-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Amg this thread is about griefing over 5-10xp and a worthless amount of gold that everyone gets for every mission. Just ignore leechers and you won't see them again. And I've only ever seen 2 leechers in my time playing dl. Also PLz do not move that one boss in that's mid map he's the ultimate farm boss.
This is not just 5-10xp here and yes the boss will be moved to where he was supposed to. Want to farm him? Just take to the extremes and run 5-10 seconds more to the end (The map isn't big at all. Moving him won't change much). Leechers are not playing as they are supposed to and will be targeted for such reasons.

Xaphan Fox
06-29-2012, 02:52 PM
How about a scarlet letter kinda idea..?

Anyone caught leeching gets a free vanity they are forced to wear. It is a dunce cap

Urqui
06-29-2012, 02:56 PM
It's not allowed. It basically is a way to exploit the system and level up without actually playing the game the way it was intended.

So they're avoiding buying xp? Lol

LordFauzi
06-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Its tru.... Its will make the game more lagging... Im sorry if i have done leecher before... Ty for remind us

Airity
06-29-2012, 08:35 PM

like hulk mad.

Not Captcha's exactly, just a clear one or two letters :). Or a simple math problem

But they aren't going to be implemented anyway as stated above :).

Jblazer
06-30-2012, 01:27 AM
all i can say is LOL xD

Ghosti
06-30-2012, 07:51 AM

Anyone caught leeching gets a free vanity they are forced to wear. It is a dunce cap

I like that idea :)

Floating
06-30-2012, 03:46 PM
There are a lot of posts cropping up regarding this problem, and I just want to make sure people are aware we are looking into solutions for ways to handle this ASAP. Thank you for your patience, we understand how frustrating this problem is for everyone, including us.

-Cara

Thank you a lot Cara... Countering leeching would help in general the lvling right now... And in the future

Qingsanale1st
06-30-2012, 04:26 PM

or make them wear a sign that looks like http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110311081043/runescape/images/thumb/8/8c/Cross_sign.svg/128px-Cross_sign.svg.png
or ...this http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50273_23435194307_7376929_n.jpg

Aaroniero Arruruerie
06-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Personally, I say it's wrong, but then again, that's why there is a choice to do a solo run. Invite your friends to help you. There are moments when I get swamped with PMs during a run, and I don't want to seem rude, so I may take a minute or two before fighting. Instead of taking a spot that someone else could benefit from, I do a solo run. It's a choice, and should be treated as such.

Onaraasider
07-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Why do people leech if they only get 5-10exp per mission?

Cahaun
07-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Why do people leech if they only get 5-10exp per mission?
They leech so they don't have to do anything for just 5-10 xp.

Shaocalur
07-01-2012, 12:59 PM
They leech so they don't have to do anything for just 5-10 xp.

That and if they leech for say, an hour, that 5-10 xp turns into 800-1000

Twinrova
07-01-2012, 04:51 PM

or make them wear a sign that looks like http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110311081043/runescape/images/thumb/8/8c/Cross_sign.svg/128px-Cross_sign.svg.png
or ...this http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50273_23435194307_7376929_n.jpg

Isnt that second image a MissingNO from Pokémon...? O.O

ArtStar
07-01-2012, 11:14 PM
These leechers are a real downer when leveling. Lol the map can go soooooo much faster if all three players rushed.

Carapace
07-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Please see the newest patch notes: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?62174-1-0-1-Content-Update-(93490)

Unquenchable
08-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Tbh doesn't bother me i fly through all maps anyway one dude was standing in kriefberg returns afk when he came bck everything woulda been dead lmao like a boss!!!

Xaphan Fox
08-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Why was this resurrected lol

Shaocalur
08-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Yeah Quench, this issue was resolved almost a month ago.