PDA

View Full Version : This issue has not been addressed by the developers which sets will carry the bonus?

modredd
06-28-2012, 10:53 PM
As of now combining either does nothing and I was wondering your intentions?

Energizeric
06-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Yes, I think we would all like to know.

LwMark
06-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Very frustratin

Lowlyspy
06-29-2012, 01:03 AM
Patience you must have. Mmm, yes.

Cobraguy
06-29-2012, 01:49 AM
Curious as well...please let us know what's goin on guys....

modredd
06-29-2012, 06:34 AM
We have not had to wait the last two campaigns,What gives.
So far Angel stuff is better and it was free.

Sryyoulose
06-29-2012, 07:47 AM
It's been said I'll say it again... This seemed like rushed content even with the SUPER LONG wait... We get new campaign... Now we have to wait for the other stuff...

GoodSyntax
06-29-2012, 07:53 AM
As modredd said, the Angel gear is still superior to the pinks in Humania.

I've actually started selling my level 66 Tiki gear, because Angel is still much better. At level 70, this may change, but I was hoping for some kind of bonus to make the Tiki gear worthwhile. For now, at least for those with Angel gear, the Tiki equips are basically a vanity item.

Samhayne
06-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Hey guys,

We all know you want awesome stuff to obtain. TechnoEmail and the team have crafted stuff and another round of itemization coming (that include the winners from the player item design contest). We can't wait to get all of that out to you.

Whirlzap
06-29-2012, 09:53 AM
*points up*

Ooooh.
/excited.

NotYoCookiez
06-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Woo! Never under estimate devs!

Time will come for everything!

Iaceden
06-29-2012, 11:06 AM
Hey guys,

We all know you want awesome stuff to obtain. TechnoEmail and the team have crafted stuff and another round of itemization coming (that include the winners from the player item design contest). We can't wait to get all of that out to you.

Sam,

Are the items that are already in the game (tiki, hula, sun God, etc...) the sets that are going to be craftable with the set bonuses added? Or will it be the new items you mentioned? Or both :)? Also, if it its the items in game already, which ones will give the bonus (eg. Hula or Tiki)?

Thanks!

RedRyder
06-29-2012, 11:18 AM
Sam,

Are the items that are already in the game (tiki, hula, sun God, etc...) the sets that are going to be craftable with the set bonuses added? Or will it be the new items you mentioned? Or both :)? Also, if it its the items in game already, which ones will give the bonus (eg. Hula or Tiki)?

Thanks!

I don't think you'd get a reply to that lol

Iaceden
06-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Doesn't hurt to ask, right? Lol

Samhayne
06-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Sam,

Thanks!

I don't think we'll have more info for today, but I'm talking with TechnoEmail about doing a Q&A or other sort of sneak peek next week for the goodies that are coming.

Iaceden
06-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Sam!

Arsenal
06-29-2012, 11:37 AM
I don't think we'll have more info for today, but I'm talking with TechnoEmail about doing a Q&A or other sort of sneak peek next week for the goodies that are coming.

another week just for crafting?

Samhayne
06-29-2012, 11:39 AM
another weak just for crafting?

There has been a lot of bug fixing going on, which takes time. We also have a new white balloon (to make a red, white and blue balloon pack) coming for 4th of July, along with putting the Emotes on sale (Fireworks!). Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding :)

octavos
06-29-2012, 11:50 AM
There has been a lot of bug fixing going on, which takes time. We also have a new white balloon (to make a red, white and blue balloon pack) coming for 4th of July, along with putting the Emotes on sale (Fireworks!). Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding :)

Will this also effect other games like SL?

NotYoCookiez
06-29-2012, 11:55 AM
I don't think you'd get a reply to that lol

Two replies within like 10 mins lol.

Gotta love sam

Techno Email
06-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Hi guys! I'm going to put set bonuses on the "Islander" (int), "Sun God" (dex) and "of Humanity" (str) legendary drop sets. I'm still working on fixes to existing content, so this update will likely go out with crafting. Crafted items will have better stats and will also grant a set bonus. Samhayne and I will give an update next week with more specifics on crafting, including a preview once the art is finalized.The only other information I have on crafting right now is that the some of the current legendary drops will be used in Humania crafting. The schematics and other components are not dropping yet, so no need to be fearful about selling your trash drops... Clear as mud? :topsy_turvy:Awesome! :chuncky: Srsly though, we'll keep you guys updated as soon as we have more info. and keep the questions and feedback coming! Thanks a bunch for your input, excitement and patience!! :tranquillity:

Techno Email
06-29-2012, 12:20 PM
another week just for crafting?

I know, right?! :crushed: Yes, unfortunately crafting is a very time consuming endeavor. :worked_till_5am: In fact, that's why it wasn't in the Humania release. We didn't want to hold Humania back any longer than we had to. We deferred crafting so we could get you guys some new content ASAP. Be looking for more updates on crafting next week!! :onthego:

RedRyder
06-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Thanks so much. I was able to afford the staff set or islander, before everyone saw your post and hiked up the prices

Swimmingstar
06-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Hi guys! I'm going to put set bonuses on the "Islander" (int), "Sun God" (dex) and "of Humanity" (str) legendary drop sets. I'm still working on fixes to existing content, so this update will likely go out with crafting. Crafted items will have better stats and will also grant a set bonus. Samhayne and I will give an update next week with more specifics on crafting, including a preview once the art is finalized.The only other information I have on crafting right now is that the some of the current legendary drops will be used in Humania crafting. The schematics and other components are not dropping yet, so no need to be fearful about selling your trash drops... Clear as mud? :topsy_turvy:Awesome! :chuncky: Srsly though, we'll keep you guys updated as soon as we have more info. and keep the questions and feedback coming! Thanks a bunch for your input, excitement and patience!! :tranquillity:

You mean trash drops will be components to crafting? YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

nazgulking
06-29-2012, 01:53 PM
You mean trash drops will be components to crafting? YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

That would be super sweet :D

modredd
06-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Thanks Sam for getting back to us ,This new cap has been a lot of work and It's still is not complete

modredd
06-29-2012, 02:35 PM
And the prices goooooooooooo up,lol

Ixillicus
06-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Thanks for clearing the air on which sets will give the bonuses. I am glad those sets were the ones chosen to keep it consistent with previous customs.

I hope we will get the patch for all of this stuff by the end of next week at the latest.

Chopper
06-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Awesome for the update!

Good thing i've been holding onto legendary drops, hoping the prices might go up once the sets are announced he he he

and if junk drops turn into crafting components? Yes, makes use of them instead of junk sell offs!

FluffNStuff
06-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Selling bow of tiki 10 million.

Techno Email
06-29-2012, 06:39 PM
That would be super sweet :D

I think you guys are joking, but for clarification purposes, trash loot WILL NOT be crafting components. :watermelon:

Zeus
06-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Selling bow of tiki 10 million.

Selling Sun God Beach Bum Bow - 10 million. ;)

FluffNStuff
06-29-2012, 07:20 PM
I think you guys are joking, but for clarification purposes, trash loot WILL NOT be crafting components. :watermelon:

Will trash games be crafting components for other games?

Techno Email
06-29-2012, 07:25 PM
I have a question for those who are interested in the set bonuses. I'm curious how you would feel about having item sets for a wider variety of legendary Humania items, instead of just Humanity, Sun God and Islander gear. The DPS set would require a two handed weapon, while the tanking set would require a main and offhand weapon (wand/cuff, sword/bongo & dual spears).

Yich
06-29-2012, 07:27 PM
I have a question for those who are interested in the set bonuses. I'm curious how you would feel about having item sets for a wider variety of legendary Humania items, instead of just Humanity, Sun God and Islander gear. The DPS set would require a two handed weapon, while the tanking set would require a main and offhand weapon (wand/cuff, sword/bongo & dual spears).

I like that idea. FIRSTAFTERDEV!!!

Techno Email
06-29-2012, 07:30 PM

There are no such plans, as of right now.

Yich
06-29-2012, 07:31 PM

Did he just...? and the dev just...? Wow...

Techno Email
06-29-2012, 07:33 PM
I like that idea. FIRSTAFTERDEV!!!

Me too! SECONDAFTERDEV!!!

Wait, do I not count? Teehee!!:topsy_turvy:

Windwaiker
06-29-2012, 07:33 PM

That sounds very interesting, so different bonuses with different equips?

McBain
06-29-2012, 07:34 PM
I think it would make sense for both of the gear sets to have a bonus. If there's no set bonus, why bother having both sets as pinks? Just my opinion. The two sets already have different characteristics (at least for dex, that's what I'm more familiar with), for instance: Sun God is more defensive and "of Tiki" is more offensive. Giving them different set bonuses would add variety and make things more interesting.

WoundedEagle
06-29-2012, 07:36 PM

Honestly, I think all drops of the Legendary 'class' should have a set bonus. They're uber rare, right?

Here's what I think you could do: Make Humanity, Sun God, and Islander a bit rarer than the other pinks. Still give Humanity, Sun God, and Islander great set bonuses, but also give a set bonus to Hula Dancer, Beach Bum, and Nightmare. Not too big of a bonus, but still some sparkles or splashes of water, etc. This idea is in contrast to Nuri's gear during the 61 Level Cap. Obedience and Charmin' gear were craved so much. But plain Mimicry and Nuri never got any love because they didn't carry any set bonus. I also wouldn't think to make Hula Dancer, Beach Bum, and Nightmare craftable, because I don't think that fits quite well. But yeah Humanity, Sun God, and Islander should be craftable.

Windwaiker
06-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Honestly, I think all drops of the Legendary 'class' should have a set bonus. They're uber rare, right?

Here's what I think you could do: Make Humanity, Sun God, and Islander a bit rarer than the other pinks. Still give Humanity, Sun God, and Islander great set bonuses, but also give a set bonus to Hula Dancer, Beach Bum, and Nightmare as well. Not a too big of a bonus, but still some sparkles or splashes of water, etc. This idea is in contrast to Nuri's gear during the 61 Level Cap. Obedience and Charmin' gear were craved so much. But plain Mimicry and Nuri never got any love because they didn't carry any set bonus. I also wouldn't think to make Hula Dancer, Beach Bum, and Nightmare craftable, because I don't think that fits quite well.

I like this idea :D

Mothwing
06-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Usually the "____ of the ____" are not the sets. The "____'s (item)" are usually the sets. For example:

Sun God's Beach Bum Bow - Set
Beach Bum Bow of the Tiki (IDK, I hardly play Humania) - Not set

FluffNStuff
06-29-2012, 07:56 PM

I am a little edgy right now, and while it might help my lost cause, for the games sake I don't see it. Other then humanity, which I assume would be a tanking set anyway, I see no need for it. Could be wrong though, paladins and strength birdies can be popular options.
As for the now lesser pinks, what if they got a set bonus instead of the elite pinks, which would need to be crafted first, and then would get an über elite bonus.

CrimsonTider
06-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Hey guys,

All prayers have been answered. We can all go back to playing now. ;)

CrimsonTider
06-29-2012, 08:01 PM
I am a little edgy right now, and while it might help my lost cause, for the games sake I don't see it. Other then humanity, which I assume would be a tanking set anyway, I see no need for it. Could be wrong though, paladins and strength birdies can be popular options.
As for the now lesser pinks, what if they got a set bonus instead of the elite pinks, which would need to be crafted first, and then would get an über elite bonus.

Deep this is. Ponder this, I will.

vampinoy
06-29-2012, 08:14 PM
The more variations the better, it opens up the game for diversity. As long as this doesn't cause significant imbalance in gameplay, the idea sounds exciting!!! Like what you said, it would be awesome to see item sets specializing on certain attributes: The Damage Dealer and the Damage Tanker. Since Nuris Campaign, we've always had two types of pinks, one is the non-bonus-set-pinks-that-sounds-like-the-one-with-bonus-pinks (filler gears), and the actual item set pinks: From Nuris Glyph vs Charmin, to Vampyr vs Chiroptera, and now (Islander vs Hula, Tiki Feather vs Sun God, Humanian vs of Humanity). It would be AWESOME if both types of pinks be used. The way I understood it, you're contemplating that the previously non-bonus-set-pinks more focused on defensive attributes bonus (armor,dodge,hp) while the other is focused on offensive attributes bonus (dps,hit,crit)...if I got everything correct, that sounds exciting. Sure, it will bring in balancing issues, but I think you guys can pull it off with the correct calibration. Please make this happen. Change is good when done right. I think we need a little change at this point of the game.

Energizeric
06-29-2012, 08:25 PM
I've got a possible idea that may be good and please everyone....

How about one item set being the "set" with bonus while the other set being the crafted items. This would only work if there were lvl66, 68 & 70 crafted sets, but this would make all items interesting. So if you were looking to craft, then use one item set, and if you just want the set as is, then the other set. For STR stuf, you could have "of Humanity" have the set bonus, while "Humania" stuff can be crafted. Just make sure to have crafted sets for lvl66, 68 & 70. And also make the crafting items drops a little more common than Nuri, but not so common as Fang where you can do daily quests for them. Obviously the crafted sets should be harder to obtain because of all the components needed, but the pink drops themselves should be all equally rare whether they are the set items or the craftable set items. Anyone like this idea?

vampinoy
06-29-2012, 08:40 PM
That's a really good idea too Energizeric. IMO, anything "new" and "fresh" at this point I think will help the game. Right now, things have become a little too predictable that even if the actual sets are not out...people already know...so...that makes for a boring experience in the long run. We need these new stuff come in, no better time than now I think.

vampinoy
06-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Techno Email, I think we need a whole new thread for this? I'm sure a lot of people will like your idea. This will spread like a virus now that it started anyway, might as well people know it came from you so they take it more seriously. Really like this idea.

Swords
06-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Lets have patience, It will be worth it

modredd
06-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Sometimes it pays to just ask a direct questions and get a direct answer,That's what I did for all of us.

Urqui
06-29-2012, 10:54 PM
How about making Islander, Humanity, & Sun God normal but uncraftable sets? But making the 'trash' pinks craftable?
That way every pink is useful:D

zappaxe
06-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Ok im a little confuzzled,
So Humanian str gear, because it has more armor, will have a tank set bonus?
And "Of Humanity" will have a bonus and be craftable?
And same with Int and Dex sets?

McBain
06-29-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm all for having no "trash pinks." That never made any sense to me. If an item isn't ultimately desirable as a drop and part of an official set, then it shouldn't be a pink IMO. Basically, what I'm saying is that I fully support having both Humania pink sets have set bonuses. If not, then nerf the stats a little and make them purples, because otherwise, what's the point?

kiitz
06-30-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm all for having no "trash pinks." That never made any sense to me. If an item isn't ultimately desirable as a drop and part of an official set, then it shouldn't be a pink IMO. Basically, what I'm saying is that I fully support having both Humania pink sets have set bonuses. If not, then nerf the stats a little and make them purples, because otherwise, what's the point?

Agreed. I'd rather have 2 craftable sets, each of which are just specialized for different things.

Windwaiker
06-30-2012, 05:55 AM
Yeah, I think making every pink craftable would be awesome! At least there'd be a use for all of them, even if it means more work to bring the forger in and making new items.

Maybe the pinks don't give any set bonus until they're crafted, but that's probably an unpopular idea

FluffNStuff
06-30-2012, 08:35 AM
While making two craftable sets or giving set properties too both set would help the fact that I spent all my gold on 'worthless' pinks, to a lot of players they are not worthless. By having pinks not in the elite set, they are mostly ignored by the merchants and not priced out of range of the common player. Making both sets elite would just make all pinks out of reach for the majority of people. I hate recommending things that go against my best interests, so can I ask a teensy favor. Please, let us know before hand next time what will make sets.

Windwaiker
06-30-2012, 09:34 AM
I always thought pink was the "elite" and "legendary" tier of items. If the average player wants to get decent items without blowing money, there should be purples/greens that arent very hard to obtain to fulfill that purpose, like the plat store Chiroptera stuff (not saying sts should add more plat gear). They were good enough to use, but not as good as the junk pinks and crafted sets.

FluffNStuff
06-30-2012, 10:02 AM
I always thought pink was the "elite" and "legendary" tier of items. If the average player wants to get decent items without blowing money, there should be purples/greens that arent very hard to obtain to fulfill that purpose, like the plat store Chiroptera stuff (not saying sts should add more plat gear). They were good enough to use, but not as good as the junk pinks and crafted sets.

That is true, and the lesser pinks really do have a low drop rate (except for thrashing monster isle).

CrimsonTider
06-30-2012, 10:06 AM
How soon we forget the usefulness of the "trash pink" Sewer gear.

JaytB
06-30-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm with fluff on this one. I always though that 'trash' pinks (not talking AO pinks, more like Nuri's or Fang pinks) are a great way for newer players, or players without zillions of gold, to obtain a decent set too. Making both sets sparkle, would make them harder to get for reasons fluff already mentioned.

Ideally, purples, greens and even oranges could serve as worthy alternative. Look at sewers, a person with almost no gold could affort a usable set back then, by buying non pinks. I haven't looked at stats of current orange, green and purple gear, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's fairly crap to run in.

So yeah, I'm hoping for only one set to get a bonus, so decent gear is available for the masses in form of the non-set pinks.

One point though, maybe stats could be revised, so that Lv70 pinks would give at least better stats than the current Lv66 angel gear. I mean, shouldn't lv70 gear be stronger than Lv66 gear, even if angel sets were magically sent to us by the STS-gods? LOL
Making the non-set Lv70 pinks better than Angel, would also provide more incentive to go farm for better gear and would be more fair to new players who never got a chance to get Angel sets.

I would even go further and say that 66 pinks should at least be as powerful as angel sets, maybe even marginally better. At least, that's my opinion about it :)

brodiniozo
06-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Well something is wrong when the angel lvl66 (DEX!!! ) set has the same amount of armor as the lvl 70 'of humanity set' has.

Energizeric
06-30-2012, 06:44 PM
I agree that armor is too low for the Humania gear and too high for the Angel gear. And since when do mages have higher armor than bears?!? The L70 INT armor has 84 armor while the L70 STR armor has 80 armor. If bears cannot have the highest armor, then what exactly is their purpose?

An easy way to fix this is to make the Humania gear have nice set bonuses, not the tiny 4-6 crit, armor & regen that they normally have. Ideally L66 Humania gear should be at least as good as Angel gear.

Zeus
06-30-2012, 06:50 PM
I've noticed that more devs play mages, hmm...

Devs, we know what you're up to! ;)

Windwaiker
06-30-2012, 07:01 PM
I've noticed that more devs play mages, hmm...

Devs, we know what you're up to! ;)

Haha, I was thinking the other day about how Sam and Del are both mages...

I agree with previous posters. Armor shouldn't be as high for mages than bears. Sure, int is a squishy stat, but they got mana shield and heal and bears to help.

If there's going to be junk pinks, maybe they can become purple, the current purples become green, and the greens become orange, and the orange become white/stay orange. We already have a rarity system, and the cs has a "sort by rarity" option, so I think it's time to have drops that correspond to the colors.

Bebsi
06-30-2012, 07:02 PM
I was surprised, too. The islander set has higher armor stats than the 'of Humanity' set.
Well, we will see the concept behind it very soon, I hope.
Maybe the crafted str set gives an additional armor and dodge boost to even it.