PDA

View Full Version : rooting android

LwMark
06-29-2012, 05:03 AM
Ok so i was trying to read about this but i just didnt undrrstand can someone help and give me instructions and the pros and cons. I would appreciate.also of i should do it.what got me on this was i was seeing if i can record videos on my phone.i know ios takes pics

Sryyoulose
06-29-2012, 07:59 AM
Not an android user but I can give a free bump :)

LwMark
06-29-2012, 01:38 PM
This is a thanks bump :)

Ardon
06-29-2012, 01:51 PM
What phone?
Different phones have different way to gain root access

Jblazer
06-30-2012, 01:43 AM
This is a thanks bump :)
lol...

cuteguy
06-30-2012, 03:03 AM
Well. Ive used a lot of android phones. And theres a lot of benefits if it is rooted. Different android phone. Diferent method of rooting.

Let me start by saying stock roms for android sucks. As custom rons makes android fly.

For you to use custom roms. Pre requisite is you should root your phone.

The benefits of custom rom are. Overclock cpu. Undervolt for faster batery life. Overclock gpu. Zram. Ram optimizer. I/o tweaks etc.

Rooting is very easy. Never saw someone bricking their android by rooting.

Also for low end androids like galaxy mini. Using chainfire 3d will enhance its graphics towards 3d games.

Lets focus on playing pocket legends.

I havr experia play before. I have trouble on playing pvp because its very laggy. The fault is not on my connection. But its the ram of my xplay.

What i did is. The following

Root phone.
Installed kernel for overclock both cpu and gpu
Used supercharger v6 (ram optimizer)
Installed chainfire 3d
And dwallaaaaa now i can play pocket legends without lag.

Hope i was able to explain.

If your having hma hard time to find ways to root your phone. Shoot me a pm. Include your phone model. Firmware and kernel version.

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk

HunterSLAYER
06-30-2012, 03:11 AM
Well. Ive used a lot of android phones. And theres a lot of benefits if it is rooted. Different android phone. Diferent method of rooting.

Let me start by saying stock roms for android sucks. As custom rons makes android fly.

For you to use custom roms. Pre requisite is you should root your phone.

The benefits of custom rom are. Overclock cpu. Undervolt for faster batery life. Overclock gpu. Zram. Ram optimizer. I/o tweaks etc.

Rooting is very easy. Never saw someone bricking their android by rooting.

Also for low end androids like galaxy mini. Using chainfire 3d will enhance its graphics towards 3d games.

Lets focus on playing pocket legends.

I havr experia play before. I have trouble on playing pvp because its very laggy. The fault is not on my connection. But its the ram of my xplay.

What i did is. The following

Root phone.
Installed kernel for overclock both cpu and gpu
Used supercharger v6 (ram optimizer)
Installed chainfire 3d
And dwallaaaaa now i can play pocket legends without lag.

Hope i was able to explain.

If your having hma hard time to find ways to root your phone. Shoot me a pm. Include your phone model. Firmware and kernel version.

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk

Since you haven't actually mentioned a specific forum for rooting , im gonna post it.

Here's what you need to do.
1.Find out ur phone's model name/no.,firmware, kernel and baseband version.

2.Carrier(Applicable to locked and carrier exclusive phones ONLY).

3.Turn on your computer.

4.Google [Phone name/model{space} XDA] and you should see quite a no. of results for your phone. Just click on any result that says (e.g. SuperICSRom v4.0.1 -xda developers), follow the instructions
in thread and HAPPY ROOTING! XD

P.s. Your warranty is void the moment u root ur phone unless u reflash back the original STOCK ROM that came with your phone.

Pocket legends can run at 380+ MHZ on my high-end Armv9 Dc phone.
Few more months and i can get an S III WOOT!

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Walkhardd
06-30-2012, 03:19 AM
I'm terrible with tech stuff, so I had a friend root my android. The only thing I use is the wifi hot spot, which is freaking sweet.

HunterSLAYER
06-30-2012, 03:21 AM
Ok so i was trying to read about this but i just didnt undrrstand can someone help and give me instructions and the pros and cons. I would appreciate.also of i should do it.what got me on this was i was seeing if i can record videos on my phone.i know ios takes pics

Yes you can record videos of your phone's screen on the phone itself.

1. Samsung and HTC Phones:
Screencast(PAID).

2.Xperia phones:
Shootme(no longer available on market only way to get is to GOOGLE Shootme apk(app was free when it was available on market thus its not illegal to direct download it from mirrors.)

Swimmingstar
06-30-2012, 12:58 PM
I can help you if you have the following...

Name of phone (i.e., Samsung Galaxy SIII)

The android software version.

The hboot.

I think I'm forgetting some things, I think the best way would be to google how to root [name of phone goes here] [software version (i.e. 2.3.5)]

cuteguy
07-01-2012, 06:43 AM
the best thread to look at is the XDA thread, if its with regards to android.
I advised you to read 10 times, not being sarcastic, but yes read ten 10times if it was your first time, so that you will not encounter any problem,

there are some phones that you need to unlock the bootloader first before you can root.

ImHawk
07-01-2012, 07:24 AM
Don't root.your phone..
It voids.your warranty and tremendously decreases your.phones speed and ram capabilities.....

OvigorothO
07-01-2012, 07:34 AM
Actually it is much faster when you root it. There are some great apps such as titanium backup which allows you to remove bloatware which is the stuff ur phone carrier puts on there. You can ever overclock when you have a custom rom. Overclock is when you increase your phones proccessing speed. As walk mentioned you can use it to make a wifi hotspot which is how i play PL hehe. Androidforums.com or xdadevelopers.com are where you should go. My phone was really simple to root. First i downloaded the drivers for my phone on my computer then i downloaded the one click root. Plugged my phone in and put usb debugging on, copied the one click root onto my phone and ran it. Thats it! Also if you dont really like it after you root theres an app to remove root.

HunterSLAYER
07-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Actually it is much faster when you root it. There are some great apps such as titanium backup which allows you to remove bloatware which is the stuff ur phone carrier puts on there. You can ever overclock when you have a custom rom. Overclock is when you increase your phones proccessing speed. As walk mentioned you can use it to make a wifi hotspot which is how i play PL hehe. Androidforums.com or xdadevelopers.com are where you should go. My phone was really simple to root. First i downloaded the drivers for my phone on my computer then i downloaded the one click root. Plugged my phone in and put usb debugging on, copied the one click root onto my phone and ran it. Thats it! Also if you dont really like it after you root theres an app to remove root.

I heard of a program called superoneclick but I've always rooted my devices the long way lol.

Ardon
07-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Don't root.your phone..
It voids.your warranty and tremendously decreases your.phones speed and ram capabilities.....

Lies.

It does void your warranty but you can easily unroot and return it to stock. And rooting makes you phone way better with custom roms.

~A~
07-01-2012, 08:54 AM
As a general rule, we dont talk about this type of stuff because people with no experience would want to try it and it would probably ruin their device.

Zraorizer
07-01-2012, 09:21 AM
I'm having same problem with my HTC Thunderbolt. I'm thinking of buying an Ipad 2 but do I have to root it or is it supposed to be rooted

Ardon
07-01-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm having same problem with my HTC Thunderbolt. I'm thinking of buying an Ipad 2 but do I have to root it or is it supposed to be rooted

Android devices are rooted

idevices are jailbroken

All devices come unrooted/unjailbroken. The user is the one who roots/jailbreaks their device

Deathpunch
07-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Don't root.your phone..

Did you hit your head? Seriously, just buy an iDevice, you're already puking their lies all over the place as if they're fact.

As for the op, don't touch your phone. You don't know what you're doing and you could very well do bad stuff to it. Read, read, read, and reread the process. Understand how to 100% before you attempt it. Otherwise, you'll be upgrading by buying a new one.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

HunterSLAYER
07-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Did you hit your head? Seriously, just buy an iDevice, you're already puking their lies all over the place as if they're fact.

As for the op, don't touch your phone. You don't know what you're doing and you could very well do bad stuff to it. Read, read, read, and reread the process. Understand how to 100% before you attempt it. Otherwise, you'll be upgrading by buying a new one.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

Alternatively, op can just watch Youtube videos, pause, play and continue after every step that is shown by the user in the video.

OvigorothO
07-02-2012, 03:10 PM
If you get that ipad and it has the 5.1.1 firmware (latest) then its a million times easier than rooting

OvigorothO
07-02-2012, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE==>HunterSLAYER haha i dont reccomend that. Always watch the video to the end before doing anything. But definitly do that after youre sure the guy who made the video knows what hes doing. Also read comments.

Ardon
07-02-2012, 04:15 PM
If you get that ipad and it has the 5.1.1 firmware (latest) then its a million times easier than rooting

Rooting some phones takes a few clicks. Rooting my old Droid X just needed the Motorola drivers and one click root. Very easy

saool
07-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Cool you made a thread about rooting! I'm actually thinking of doing the same cause I want ICS on my phone (Motorola Triumph) only thing is I'm probably getting a 4G phone soon. So I probably wouldn't mind messing this one up lol

HunterSLAYER
07-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Jailbreaking in my opinion is like
Android rooting, just that its the baseband,kernel,scripts,system dump,etc that is compiled into a ROM package and "noobified".

In jailbreaking, not much Technical knowledge in gadgets are needed as mostly you just turn on your idevice, go into "DFU MODE"(in droid its called recovery or Clockwork MOD) and basically ROM packages are installed for you by the hackers' compiled installer.

As compared to droid whenever you need to flash a new script or some other thing you would need to pay specific attention to methods on flashing that zip as methods of installing tweaks,scripts,kernels and other stuff are very much different and merely assuming that an update is installed the same way as a zip flashable update generally would =s to infinite bootloop.

On idevices, methods of updating jailbroken roms are too simple and "noobified" and don't serve as a challenge at all. What I'm merely stating is the truth.

Just look at USA,home of silicon valley,where the finest and the best in IT work. They choose droid.

Why? Because every IT professional who has used droid and iphone knows even with a jailbroken device,idevices' customization would NEVER EVER be as wide and broad as Droid.

Now that I've proven my point why even though rooting might be a little bit harder(for people who thinks its hard). I wish you luck in customizing your jailbroken idevice to the way you want it you be.

*I do have an idevice and i hate the fact that it sucks even with jailbreaking.

*This is merely my personal opinion from extensive experience in using those devices and WASTING $99 for idevice app development.

Cool you made a thread about rooting! I'm actually thinking of doing the same cause I want ICS on my phone (Motorola Triumph) only thing is I'm probably getting a 4G phone soon. So I probably wouldn't mind messing this one up lol

Search for your phone's name on XDA.

OvigorothO
07-03-2012, 09:15 AM

Check out androidforums.com or xdadevelopers.com youll be rooted in no time

OvigorothO
07-03-2012, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE==>HunterSLAYER idk why whenever i try to quote u it doesnt copy ur whole message..but anyways, youre completely right. Androids are much more complicated to understand and require a higher level or technological knowledge. But apple devices would be just as customizible if apple didnt make it so hard to access/download files. A jailbroken idevice is pretty much just like having a rooted android but without custom roms. You can download files from safari, access internal files, themes, theres even some cool "launchers" which let you simulate an android or wp7 phone.

saool
07-03-2012, 09:58 AM

Check out androidforums.com or xdadevelopers.com youll be rooted in no time

I rooted my friends phone using gingerbreak idk where my laptop is (moved back home from San Francisco recently) so I'll be installing a mod later today at her house. It was super simple once I read the instructions, and watched a video on rooting. Nao to upgrade :)