PDA

View Full Version : Muting

Obliterdeath
06-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Someone named ********* or something (level 9) muted me when I should have muted him. He was snapping the chat with you are a **** homo and that stuff. I told him he shouldn't be spamming the chat with that stuff, then he muted me. The thing said that further mutes may result in a ban. Well, I don't want to get banned because some player is muting me. Can anyone tell me what happens in a situation like this?

EDIT: He sent me a message back saying he wasn't spamming. When I tried to send something back, he muted me. I'm sure he did because I never EVER say curse words.

Technique
06-29-2012, 11:09 AM
It doesn't matter if other players mute you, the only way you can get banned if you get muted by the chat filter A LOT. When you say some inappropriate you get a five minute mute, and from what I seen you have to do this awhole lot.

From the way it sounds though is that the player didn't mute you, the server did. Did you say anything inappropriate? And like I said before, one mute won't get you banned. Just don't keep doing it.

ImHawk
06-29-2012, 11:18 AM
^^^ agreed...
muting is just a tool to just help you for your benefit..
Further mutes willl equal ban..in the case of you using inappropriaten words...

Obliterdeath
06-29-2012, 11:58 AM
Look, I said no inappropriate words. I am a total no-no for curse words. in the message I was about to send him though, looked like this.

Obliterdeath told Epicmerchant: So you saying, "you're a **** homo" isn't spamming the chat?" I never typed the word. Just used asterisks for the you know what word. It never got sent though because I was muted. I always put asterisks for curse words. I never get muted. Never have. UNTIL NOW. When I got back to Pocket Legends, I was then unmuted and he was nowhere to be seen. I'm sure he wouldn't just disappear for no reason.

Shaocalur
06-29-2012, 12:10 PM
If the word "homo" gets you muted in Dark Legends, I can bet my hat you'll be muted for it in the other games.

Edit: Also, try to refrain from using peoples in game names on the forums as this causes drama.

Obliterdeath
06-29-2012, 12:40 PM
I don't know. He said homo, then sent me a message, after I sent him one. That would prove that the system does not mute for the word homo.

Shaocalur
06-29-2012, 12:53 PM
*Gives hat* Darn, well you can ask the devs. They'll pull up your chat log and see what was said.

brodiniozo
06-29-2012, 01:01 PM
Maybe he spelled homo with zeroes and u did not

Shaocalur
06-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Maybe he spelled homo with zeroes and u did not

That's what I was just thinking. It wouldn't make sense for the word homo to be blocked in a 17+ game but not a 9+ game...

Obliterdeath
06-29-2012, 03:47 PM
How do I contact the devs?

Shaocalur
06-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Support(at)spacetimestudios.com

Replace (at) with @

Obliterdeath
06-29-2012, 07:53 PM
K, I sent the email. By the way, why do you have to replace the @ with (at)?

JaytB
06-29-2012, 07:56 PM
K, I sent the email. By the way, why do you have to replace the @ with (at)?

So spambots won't spam that mail address.

Kixxler
06-29-2012, 08:04 PM
If the word "homo" gets you muted in Dark Legends, I can bet my hat you'll be muted for it in the other games.

Edit: Also, try to refrain from using peoples in game names on the forums as this causes drama.

Homo isn't inappropriate, it's a lifestyle choice for people with different preferences.

Shaocalur
06-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Homo isn't inappropriate, it's a lifestyle choice for people with different preferences.

I never said it wasn't. I just said it gets you muted in Dark Legends.

Mothwing
06-29-2012, 08:11 PM
It seems as though you think he caused the mute. "Muting" and "being muted" are two different things. When you mute a player, it disables all chat between you and him, so you can't see his chat, and you can't see his. Getting muted is when you say an inappropriate word, and indeed, it is your fault. If you consistently get muted, you will be banned.

Obliterdeath
06-29-2012, 09:38 PM
I never used a curse word, unless you count homo one. I didn't think it was one so if it is, I'm sorry. I know I didn't spell the F word because I used asterisks. If I was muted my the system means that I get a 5 min. no chat, and being muted has no 5 min. no chat, then I guess the system thinks I did something wrong. I don't think so though. I am sure I did nothing worth being muted.

Mothwing
06-29-2012, 09:41 PM
I never used a curse word, unless you count homo one. I didn't think it was one so if it is, I'm sorry. I know I didn't spell the F word because I used asterisks. If I was muted my the system means that I get a 5 min. no chat, and being muted has no 5 min. no chat, then I guess the system thinks I did something wrong. I don't think so though. I am sure I did nothing worth being muted.

Who cares if it's a bad word or not. Gay has 2 definitions. It's how you use it. Avoid arguments, mute those who troll, and have fun. You'll never be muted again. And don't you dare​ blame it on the system. You cursed, you pay for it.

Airity
06-29-2012, 09:45 PM

Just try to not use asteris at all next time and censor yourself a bit more, maybe say "Rawring" or "puddinging (for example ;))" If a player mutes you it does nothing but prevents them from reading your text, you an not be banned from people muting you. You were muted for five minutes for saying "homo", just refrain from using any words that people may find offensive and you won't be banned. Also, just ignore the trolls!

Obliterdeath
06-30-2012, 08:30 AM
Ok, so I will avoid arguments and not say anything inappropriate. Of course, I NEVER EVEN KNEW HOMO was considered a curse word in the game, so of course it was an accident.

Piosidon
06-30-2012, 09:21 AM
I NEVER EVEN KNEW HOMO was considered a curse word
Most of us learned that the hard way

Shaocalur
06-30-2012, 09:32 AM
Most of us learned that the hard way

Got that right.