PDA

View Full Version : Special properties?

Duke
08-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Probably a dumb question, but is there a simple way of determine what (if any) special properties a particular piece of equipment (particularly a weapon) has? Changes to stats (STR/DEX/INT, H/S, M/S, Armor, Dodge%, Crit%, DPS) are obvious in the inventory screen, but I see nothing telling me any special properties.

For example, I know that some weapons have a "shock" enhancement, and I believe others have an "armor breaking" property, but I have no idea how to tell what has what.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Spears = break armor.

Dark weapons = nightmare OR weakness effect.

Ice weapons = freezing effect.

kavanah
08-23-2010, 01:58 PM
From what I've seen the shock isn't a proc its more of a property effect of the weapon upon hitting target, where as break armor and nightmare have a chance to proc on hit.

Duke
08-23-2010, 02:12 PM
From what I've seen the shock isn't a proc its more of a property effect of the weapon upon hitting target, where as break armor and nightmare have a chance to proc on hit.

I'm looking for both sets of info -- basically, anything the weapon does that doesn't show up in the stats. And, embarrassed as I am to admit it, I don't "get" the difference between a "proc" and a "property".

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-23-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm looking for both sets of info -- basically, anything the weapon does that doesn't show up in the stats. And, embarrassed as I am to admit it, I don't "get" the difference between a "proc" and a "property".

Well neither do I lol, but I THINK they're the same...