PDA

View Full Version : Veteran badge?

Roblox
02-01-2022, 10:22 AM
I feel like this system should be implemented in this game where if you have been playing AL for X amount of years you would be able to unlock this badge but just only for veteran players. You guys can post other design ideas just really think would be nice to dedicated players who have been here for many years.

------- Badge Design-------

The Untamed
02-01-2022, 10:27 AM
+11111

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dulcei
02-01-2022, 10:29 AM
+1 I think veteran players deserves more recognition.

Sent from my SM-A705MN using Tapatalk

Vulcainx
02-01-2022, 10:34 AM
Ye why not :)

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Xuds
02-01-2022, 10:53 AM
No this would promote black market selling of old accounts

Ploid
02-01-2022, 11:01 AM
+1 I think veteran players deserves more recognition.

Sent from my SM-A705MN using TapatalkWhy? Just because you have been doing something for a long time doesn't mean you are special.

If you wanna be special, do something that warrants it.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Undershooting
02-01-2022, 11:07 AM
-1 there’s already enough badges

ChaoticG
02-01-2022, 11:58 AM
-1 Just because there is enough badges as is, dont need to flood the market even more. I will say thats a smart idea though since Steam has something similar with 5 year and 10 year badges and its cool. Maybe something special that shows up on your inspect when people view your profile? Would be cool to be able to put trohpies and stuff in the background maybe.

Nexior
02-01-2022, 12:16 PM
For me enough those 20badges i got.
@@ups

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka

Pizzahub
02-01-2022, 12:21 PM
Kidna meh but why not -+1

flashio
02-01-2022, 12:33 PM
I'm against a badge reward, would like those to remain exclusive for lb rewards, nonetheless a vanity item would be a good option.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?617745-10-year-anniversary-vanity-for-OG-players

worshipped
02-01-2022, 12:58 PM
-1 for me(coming from 2013 player ).Many ppl have unused accounts which they created in 2013-14. This would promote black market selling of those accounts as some have mentioned above.

Sent from my PRA-LA1 using Tapatalk

Cinco
02-01-2022, 02:54 PM
Sorry to say: we did this in other games and were unhappy with the way it compelled the black market.

Roblox
02-01-2022, 05:34 PM
Sorry to say: we did this in other games and were unhappy with the way it compelled the black market.

What if you guys made it a way you could only claim within 24 hours or only to those who been active the pass week?

Ploid
02-01-2022, 05:41 PM
What if you guys made it a way you could only claim within 24 hours or only to those who been active the pass week?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWhy do u need a badge when bucklers were already given to old accounts? They already did this, lol.

bjc535
02-01-2022, 06:53 PM
-1 so tired of veteran this, veteran that, y'all already got something in the past, u dont need a badge jus because u played a year or 2 longer than others.

gobbels
02-02-2022, 03:34 AM
Seems like pointless, there is already veteran badges like best mmo 2013 ect..

freebump
02-02-2022, 05:43 AM
-1 im not a veteran lol

BaronB
02-03-2022, 12:30 PM
Rather have guild badges, so when a guild comes 1st for the season, anyone in the guild can wear the badge.

Have it so the badge is lost if the guild is left and also perhaps cant wear badge after joining the guild once the badges have already been given out for the season.

That way you don't have people joining a guild end of the season for a badge and then leaving as it would be lost.

Also cant be lured into a guild and auto get a badge just by clicking the join button.

Would be interesting to see if there is actually any flaws in this idea as lets be honest... its near perfect!

Guilds = Community = MMRPG = Arcane Legends

1 <3

Ploid
02-03-2022, 12:36 PM
Rather have guild badges, so when a guild comes 1st for the season, anyone in the guild can wear the badge.

Have it so the badge is lost if the guild is left and also perhaps cant wear badge after joining the guild once the badges have already been given out for the season.

That way you don't have people joining a guild end of the season for a badge and then leaving as it would be lost.

Also cant be lured into a guild and auto get a badge just by clicking the join button.

Would be interesting to see if there is actually any flaws in this idea as lets be honest... its near perfect!

Guilds = Community = MMRPG = Arcane Legends

1 <3Many people would wanna join the rank 1 guild which will result in almost 600+ people having badges, over saturated imo

Cinco
02-03-2022, 01:14 PM

That doesn't solve any of the relevant problems. Additionally, it creates a Customer Service problem for everyone who didn't make the 24 hour period. Nobody will support a 24-hour limit to secure a 10+ year reward.

Xuds
02-03-2022, 01:19 PM
That doesn't solve any of the relevant problems. Additionally, it creates a Customer Service problem for everyone who didn't make the 24 hour period. Nobody will support a 24-hour limit to secure a 10+ year reward.

Off topic but will the roadmap be updated when Lovecraft event starts or anytime soon before that?

Roblox
02-03-2022, 01:37 PM

I mean you guys did the same thing with the limited vanities for level 81? Hey man, I'm not targeting you or anything but I feel like it's just a good idea since some people still stick around for so long even though a lot of people losing interest in the game. I mean regardless we don't have control of the black market but as a community, we can report to sts when we see people doing illegal stuff as I have in the past.

Cinco
02-03-2022, 01:42 PM
I mean you guys did the same thing with the limited vanities for level 81? Hey man, I'm not targeting you or anything but I feel like it's just a good idea since some people still stick around for so long even though a lot of people losing interest in the game. I mean regardless we don't have control of the black market but as a community can report to sts when we see people doing illegal stuff as I have in the past.

Limited availability items for purchase are not what you're talking about; you're asking for an automated system that unlocks badges for veteran players. If this is an incorrect reading, I would suggest that you edit the post to be more clear.

I'm telling you (from my experience) that this is a bad idea. I respect your disagreement but I am not moved to change our policy on 'veteran rewards.'

dualray
02-03-2022, 01:54 PM
@cinco

Just make a badge that sell in plat store in a fashion of the 7 day elixer but make it into a monthly -30 days thing.

Problem solved

The Untamed
02-03-2022, 02:04 PM
@cinco

Just make a badge that sell in plat store in a fashion of the 7 day elixer but make it into a monthly -30 days thing.

Problem solved

Then give discounts to the veterans[emoji23]

BaronB
02-03-2022, 03:59 PM
Many people would wanna join the rank 1 guild which will result in almost 600+ people having badges, over saturated imo

Yeah but being ranked 1 on the guild lb in game doesn't mean you get #1 for seasonal which is a lot harder to achieve.

But fair point that even 200+ all using the same badge could over saturate I suppose, but would that be any different from if there were 200+ players in Top Overall which with a bit of time will happen?

MiguelBoss
02-03-2022, 04:25 PM
Make a new banner not tradable and not stashable for veterans

will0
02-04-2022, 12:49 AM
Make a new banner not tradable and not stashable for veterans

i do agree non tradable banners .. why everything have to be LB exclusive ?

Boba Fett
02-04-2022, 04:02 AM
Firstly, a badge is made to show someone who climbed the lb by themselves not by others, so -1 for the guild badge idea, let s say... maybe it can be applied for the gm, but that s it.
The second thing is that badges aren t really common, you only see 1, max 2 players on average in a town with it, it s made to be special, if all 'veterans' would have it, that magic would be ruined
conclusion: -1 overall, keep the badge system as it is, periodt

pentaboom
02-04-2022, 05:30 AM
-1 for the veteran thing

why not make the marriage badge to be seen first just like other badge

Yoloswagx
02-04-2022, 05:34 AM
go for leaderboard badges?

rather than working on something like this, its better for sts to improve more qol for this game

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

QuaseT
02-04-2022, 07:28 AM
-1 for these mentioned badges
Besides what has been mentioned already - I suggest to have badges for new content only. Seems like a waste to grant badges for things people have done in the past.

Roblox
02-04-2022, 11:35 AM
Just a bunch of LB runners who complaining about typical stuff lol the same thing you guys did over a title. Don't see the big deal over a badge and like buddy said it's already a lot of badges in the game. I play AL for fun I don't play to profit off other people and it's sad that the only reason why the majority disagrees is that they sell spots for badges. I made this post because I thought it would be a great idea to keep certain people around still because I have lost a lot of friends who quit the game but sadly people kill the fun out of the game doing illegal stuff. Last response.

The Untamed
02-04-2022, 11:42 AM
Just a bunch of LB runners who complaining about typical stuff lol the same thing you guys did over a title. Don't see the big deal over a badge and like buddy said it's already a lot of badges in the game. I play AL for fun I don't play to profit off other people and it's sad that the only reason why the majority disagrees is that they sell spots for badges. I made this post because I thought it would be a great idea to keep certain people around still because I have lost a lot of friends who quit the game but sadly people kill the fun out of the game doing illegal stuff. Last response.

Let them be, the game is dying anyways. I miss the old days when the game was fun and very engaging.

marzeg
02-04-2022, 11:48 AM
At this point it seems like people are just looking for a shortcut to getting a badge. I like that they're event and lb exclusive, although seasonal badges are quite interesting and I wonder how long that's going to go up to cause I could only imagine years from now "season 100" and having to endlessly scroll through the seasonal badges list lol, not to mention a vast majority of the seasonal lb badges are just reclaimed by the same top players consistently.

Repent
02-04-2022, 02:58 PM
Sounds like someone wants an easy badge if your indeed a veteran like you stated Roblox then you should understand that badges are rewards for doing more than the average player.

You have enough gold to fund a seasonal character if you really wanted a badge you can do it.

Stop asking for handouts I know I didn’t get my badges handed to me I had to play to earn them like many of my fellow arlorians.

- Atoned

QuaseT
02-04-2022, 07:53 PM
Sounds like someone wants an easy badge if your indeed a veteran like you stated Roblox then you should understand that badges are rewards for doing more than the average player.

You have enough gold to fund a seasonal character if you really wanted a badge you can do it.

Stop asking for handouts I know I didn’t get my badges handed to me I had to play to earn them like many of my fellow arlorians.

- Atoned

Sounds like that to me too. Also players ask to reward themselves for something just because they belong to that certain group of people. Never someone who actually wants to play for badges.

Redjellydonut
02-05-2022, 02:58 AM
Smh just saw this thread [emoji102]

Looks like some players want to look “cool” without running top 10 lb…

Nice try though

AucResearcher
02-05-2022, 05:58 AM

- Atoned

+1111 agreed you need to work hard if you really want a badge and also if this happen prolly all ppl in town will have badge.....

Analytical
02-05-2022, 11:05 PM
Let them be, the game is dying anyways. I miss the old days when the game was fun and very engaging.

The "fun element" of the game is dying out with lesser exciting thing to do in game.

Definitely not the game as a whole.

Many people still hop around in cities, ff arena, dm, elite maps, houses, guild castle, event maps etc. Heck even people who declared multiple times they are quitting, I still see them around in game or in forum.

I would say at most, the game may be in kinda of a "standby mode" instead of a "hyper active mode".

Won't deny that the game could have been more active but my point is it for sure isn't dying.

People have said this a gazellion times out of frustration of the game they love. Seeing it going in ways that doesn't align with their expectations gave them the notion that "game is dying"

But nah. Its just a reshuffle of players from what I see, a change will always result in old ppl leaving and new ppl coming in.

Better still, what I see is sts have done something rather unexpectedly:
- they actually listen to their communities (not blindly following what they are told but hearing out opinions from players). Asommers is pretty active in suggestion section. Check it out.
- they have polls and surveys to check on their preformance.
- they fixed bugs, engaged in general discussion section.

So the game is dying?
All I see it's gonna get better (:

And instead of saying and privately hoping it is dying, I would recommend you come out with useful suggestions how to keep the game more active than it already is now.