PDA

View Full Version : Just a note to all those applying for AoA AoB or AoC.

Siejo
06-29-2012, 08:37 PM
First I want to say good luck to all of you are applying to be ambassador on any of the games. If you don't make it however do not be discouraged. Recently I have come across a few heart broken applicants that were not selected. Honestly you don't need a title to be helpful so don't take it to heart. The new players that have just started the game probably haven't even heard of AoA yet. To them you're an awesome player that just helped them out. To them you are cool. To them they want to be like you eventually. They don't see your title they see your actions. You help before applying for Ambassador, you help as an Ambassador and like many you still help if you stop being an ambassador. So whether you're a furry animal, a space case or a vicious vampire just go out there, help and have fun!!! :smile:

Walkhardd
06-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Good advice.

ImHawk
06-29-2012, 09:00 PM
well stated... words of wisdom;)

CrimsonTider
06-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Thank you. Too much emphasis on "titles" and not enough on someone just being themselves. Character is who you are when nooone is looking. This applies to those who have applied and those who recently made it. You can't fake kindness and those who are will be caught when they least expect it.

saool
06-29-2012, 09:05 PM
That's my GM ;'D we love you Jojo!!! <3

This is why I haven't applied for any of the games Ao systems... :D

JaytB
06-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Couldn't agree more with the fact that you don't need to be an AOA to be helpful. If people feel the need for a title, I'd say they are in it for the wrong reasons.

I decided not to re-apply for AOA, so I could just be with my guildies for 100% of my time and figured I didn't really need a title to help people out :)

Roc
06-29-2012, 09:25 PM
To them you're an awesome player that just helped them out. To them you are cool. To them they want to be like you eventually. They don't see your title they see your actions.

This is so true. I will never forget running through Mega Maze Mash Up and being completely lost (I was a nub with the minimap) until a level 42 mage came in and led the way. I remember the level 43 bird who gave me 120 mana potions after explaining why my bird was losing so much magic with skill use. I don't remember their names but I remember how relieved they made me feel as well as empowered.

Yes, I am in AoA but giving a helping hand is a timeless and title-less gesture. I don't know if there are any new players who remember my name or AoA, but I hope they remember what it felt like to be helped and in turn help others.

Mothwing
06-29-2012, 09:42 PM
I just like making them happy :D It brightens my gloomy mood most of the time.

Suentous PO
06-29-2012, 09:53 PM
Auxuilum ARGentium!
:)

McBain
06-30-2012, 02:05 AM
So true. When I started PL, it was long before the existence of AoA, and there some great people who helped me out. The title itself is almost irrelevant. I know a few players who truly deserve it and either haven't gotten it for some reason or haven't applied (for all I know), as well as players that have it that maybe don't deserve it (opinion only). It's not a perfect system, but what is? Anyway, point being that if you want to help people, do it because you want to and/or for karmic reasons, rather than official recognition.

Snakespeare
06-30-2012, 01:55 PM
I agree, Siejo.

It's only natural for some new players to want to jump right into the community and be seen as a valuable member by becoming an ambassador, but there's really no substitute for making good posts. That's the best path for getting involved in the community. And being patient. If you make good posts, you'll eventually be known.

Jblazer
06-30-2012, 04:05 PM
I agree, Siejo.

It's only natural for some new players to want to jump right into the community and be seen as a valuable member by becoming an ambassador, but there's really no substitute for making good posts. That's the best path for getting involved in the community. And being patient. If you make good posts, you'll eventually be known.

TRUE DAT xD

Siejo
07-01-2012, 01:11 AM
The reward is the satisfaction of knowing you made a positive impact on the start of someone's playing experience. Not some fancy title or vanity.

Jblazer
07-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Cool story bro :)
the coolest :)
lol no rage