PDA

View Full Version : Can we get an option to hide elite vanity?

Jewelsofjane
06-30-2012, 09:24 AM
I know there is an option to hide regular helms. I really like this cap's new gear. It's obvious that the artists spent some time on them. Why hide them with the elite vanities then? Maybe we can get an option to hide vanities. I know the argument would be that people want to know who is wearing vanities especially in pvp, but if they still have the set sparkle then that should be all good. I love the headress and skirt etc of this cap, and I don't want to cover it up.

Fao
06-30-2012, 09:29 AM
The option to hide vanity helm was available before update, but they took it out!:(

RedRyder
06-30-2012, 09:30 AM
The option to hide vanity helm was available before update, but they took it out!:(

I don't remember such an option.

Airity
06-30-2012, 09:35 AM
There was a thread a long time ago addressing this. I believe Sam said that they'd look into it. I'll see if I can find it.

Sorry! I couldn't find it... I'm positive it was addresse before though. Good thing that you brought it back up, I think it's a great idea.

brodiniozo
06-30-2012, 09:58 AM
I sooo want this option too. I think ive made a thread about this back in the day. It would certainly increase the sells of vanity items too. I bought alot of vanitys back in the day, but nowadays i dont care since i wear my elite vanitys. (yes, I know that I don't have to, but cmon....)

ImHawk
06-30-2012, 10:19 AM
hmm...I agreee but this would cause a lot of confusion..

Fao
06-30-2012, 10:29 AM
I believe I used it on my bear alt. when it was available, but after update it just went POOF and I could see my vanity again!

ImHawk
06-30-2012, 10:31 AM
I believe I used it on my bear alt. when it was available, but after update it just went POOF and I could see my vanity again!

hmmm.. it was availabe? u sure?
do ya have any screeenies by any chance?
I've never seen an option that allowed you to hide your vanity......

Windwaiker
06-30-2012, 10:36 AM
There is this thread: Hide Vanity Items? (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?59957-Hide-Vanity-Items)

Honestly I think it's fine the way it is. Vanities are supposed to cover the current items. If you really like the headdress, then unequip the vanities while walking around town or something.

Fao
06-30-2012, 10:45 AM
There is this thread: Hide Vanity Items? (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?59957-Hide-Vanity-Items)

Honestly I think it's fine the way it is. Vanities are supposed to cover the current items. If you really like the headdress, then unequip the vanities while walking around town or something. I think he may have the CoP but likes the look of the new Humania helm better! So he wants to hide the CoP, but keep the bonus it gives!

ImHawk
06-30-2012, 10:47 AM
I think he may have the CoP but likes the look of the new Humania helm better! So he wants to hide the CoP, but keep the bonus it gives!

whawhhahwhah???
COP is the best helm vanity out there ;)
:banana:

demoncrate
06-30-2012, 11:02 AM
I believe the point of having elite vanity (apart from the bonus) is showing off. The elite vanity being hidden would kinda fail the purpose.

Windwaiker
06-30-2012, 11:50 AM
I see vanity items as vanity. The stat bonus is just that - a bonus. The main purpose of a vanity is to look nice and for more customization. If you really want the small bonus in stats, just wear it, but if you like the regular gears look, then don't wear it.

Urqui
06-30-2012, 12:07 PM
She wants to have the options to show or hide elite vanities to show the Humania items but still have the elite bonus (with the sparkles)
:p

Windwaiker
06-30-2012, 12:20 PM
Well we can't have everything

Energizeric
06-30-2012, 12:52 PM
I agree with the OP. I want to cover up the goofy look of my big luck helm, but still have the luck bonus. I don't understand why anyone would oppose having this option. Vanity items cover up what set a person is using, so why not allow the other way around?

I understand people want to see what equipment someone has in PVP, but with those vanity sets they sold 2 months ago, some players now have the ability to cover up helm, armor, weapon and shield with vanity items, so you don't know what they have underneath. So I don't see the difference between hiding your actual equipment or hiding your vanity items. If someone has a vanity "set" you will still see the smoke even if they hide it.

Drizzid
06-30-2012, 03:35 PM
I agree. You would see a lot more variety in what people are wearing if this were possible. I would also like this for regular vanities, bigger luck for example.

Whirlzap
06-30-2012, 05:39 PM
Reindeer antlers are actually better than COP.

Sorry. I should be quiet now.

JaytB
06-30-2012, 05:48 PM
I like the suggestion too.