PDA

View Full Version : Devs?! Why this update?! The Swamps?!

Furrawn
08-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Why? Why would you do this?!
You read all these posts on the forum. You know that a lot of level 45's cannot play well. You have heard many of us saying that having to play in the swamps would create better players. At the same time, you actually also see posts from those exact new players who won't play in the swamps because they die if they don't play well and they want the game to be easy.

Instead of making it so they have to go through the swamps to get the pink items they so prize that are often untradeable (like the hammer) which would help them learn to be better players, you just made The Swamps EASIER???????

Why?
Please tell me it wasn't just for money so lots of newbies will buy the swamps to get the cool pinks when they hear it's easier now. You could get people to buy the swamps by making it necessary to level through it. People might complain but most would stay and learn.

We buy tons of hats. So you should have more freedom to be making some decisions that are best for the game. This isn't one of them.

I know that nobody ever disagrees with the devs on the forum. Now none of you (devs) will like me. Fine. I'd rather be honest about my opinion than have you like me.

Snakespeare
08-23-2010, 02:55 PM
It has turned into farmlands now.

Aspergillus
08-23-2010, 03:08 PM
I totally agree. As soon as I saw the update I cringed in horror. I never post despite being a highly active, long-time player, but this warranted a response.

The swamps are the only campaign that demands player growth and team cohesion. Lowering its difficulty only caters to the players that think they should never die and go around asking people for money and free items. Catering to the leeches is not a way to create a great game - it's the way to destroy one.

FluffNStuff
08-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Put a post in the updates about how I have been loving the swamps lately with one of my alts, but I will just put here that I am disappointed the swamps were 'Mynased'

Royce
08-23-2010, 03:23 PM
I'll just copy and paste what I posted in the patch notes thread:

Yeah I just played some in AS and it's really sad. I (and others I believe) have been holding our breath waiting for another campaign like AS to come out. Instead, AS has been dumbed down so it's just like the majority of other campaigns which present too few challenges to a halfway skilled player. I gotta say, this is my biggest PL disappointment in a long while, not just because my favorite campaign got nerfed but because of what it seems to say about the devs' vision for the game, which is apparently just mindless hack and slash. Sorry devs, I know you guys do what you think is best for the game, but I guess maybe I just want this game to be something it was never meant to be...

And I'll add that honestly for the first time I've been kind of turned off of PL. I'm not quitting or anything, but I'm starting to wonder if PL is heading in a direction where I might not really enjoy playing it any more. It's all about collecting items, building a bank, buying and selling, etc. It's becoming a trading, show off your items game. PvP is fun but has too many issues still to be the core of the gaming experience. No one cares about playing PvE other than to level and to farm, and honestly I don't care about having a bunch of gold or collecting rare items. I like to play PvE, but most maps are barely challenging anymore. AO bosses are the weakest ever, and the one really excellent challenging campaign that kept me going has been turned into just another set of maps where you can follow your autoattack around mindlessly, with a little luck you could beat the whole campaign blindfolded. Maybe I should take a break. I don't know maybe not, this is just really disappointing...

Snakespeare
08-23-2010, 03:30 PM
That's how I feel, too. I need to take a break because it's really Spacetime's concern and I shouldn't get myself into a tizzy over it. I don't care so much about having the biggest collection of pinks and the most gold. I just wanted to have fun playing out the story. But this game now caters to those who take shortcuts. It's not my call. It's up to Justg for final decision, I am guessing, and that's what he decided. So, it'll be a headspace break for me. I'll be back in about a week. Heck, I might even give the iPad the week off and read books made of paper!!! :D

Furrawn
08-23-2010, 04:05 PM
That's how I feel, too. I need to take a break because it's really Spacetime's concern and I shouldn't get myself into a tizzy over it. I don't care so much about having the biggest collection of pinks and the most gold. I just wanted to have fun playing out the story. But this game now caters to those who take shortcuts. It's not my call. It's up to Justg for final decision, I am guessing, and that's what he decided. So, it'll be a headspace break for me. I'll be back in about a week. Heck, I might even give the iPad the week off and read books made of paper!!! :D

Fluff, I love the term you just used. "Mynased."
Great idea, Snakespeare. I think I'll take a headspace break in-game, too. I need a breather because I'm disappointed down to the soles of my socks:( (No Royce, you are not wrong. A lot of us like and want hard campaigns). I did used to wish for a slightly better loot drop rate but it's because I like to map-clear not because I wanted anything easier. I love some of the rarer pinks because they look awesome and a new weapon makes gameplay new all over again... But, I prefer to work for those great weapons. If it's mindless, then I have no desire to play. Why bother? My voodoo doll that I've had in storage for months just became worthless because a swamp pink is easy to get now. I don't mean sell cost or drop rate. I mean having fought the swamps and gotten pinks doing that made them valuable to me. Now just because new players like the swamp pinks, the devs dumbed-down the game to cater to them.

You are exactly, right, Snakespeare. It is the devs choice. I just don't get it. Any person who had a hand in creating this game must love it. It's too great of a creation to have not been created out of passion, talent, and love of gaming. How can you love this game and make a choice to dumb it down?

I think I'll go re-read my fav book by Helprin... Winter's Tale... It never fails to cheer me when I'm sad...

mAdvillain
08-23-2010, 04:29 PM
You guys can qq all night long about making it easier but the fact of the matter is
makimg the swamps easier means more people will play it and buy it hecause where it stood it was way too hard for skill lvl, making it easier makes it more attractive to ppl that refuse to spen money on it BECAUSE its so hard
nothing the devs do is for u lvl45rs cuz u already spent ur money
things the do are targeting those that arent spending money

Aspergillus
08-23-2010, 04:41 PM
First of all, it wasn't too hard for the skill level. I leveled my guys through there when it was the ONLY way to level them. It just requires team work and actual skill.

Second of all, the 45's are the ones spending cash on game stuff like hats so yes, we do count.

And lastly, thank you for agreeing with us that the decision was made so that the devs could get more money

vulgarstrike
08-23-2010, 04:52 PM
You guys can qq all night long about making it easier but the fact of the matter is
makimg the swamps easier means more people will play it and buy it hecause where it stood it was way too hard for skill lvl, making it easier makes it more attractive to ppl that refuse to spen money on it BECAUSE its so hard

piss off.

ps. its daytime
pss.i guess if the devs want to sacrifice a quality base of players for funds it's really up to them, but this will come back to bite them on the ***. when the true NEW players come and see this game with with dick headed noobs they won't even play. think about long term goals spacetime and stop sucking ****.

flaimdude
08-23-2010, 04:59 PM
piss off.

ps. its daytime
pss.i guess if the devs want to sacrifice a quality base of players for funds it's really up to them, but this will come back to bite them on the ***. when the true NEW players come and see this game with with dick headed noobs they won't even play. think about long term goals spacetime and stop sucking ****.

Wow, just chill out man.

I think the main problem is that there are two groups - the larger, quieter, casual player's group who enjoy the easy stuff and the smaller, louder, hardcore player's group who enjoy hard stuff. Just because most people on the forums think this is a bad idea doesn't mean the majority of the players think it is. Most of the people who post on the forums are the hardcore/dedicated people, not the casual peeps.

I think this is why we need the godmode difficulty campaigns.

I just had an idea, I'm about to go post about it.

Furrawn
08-23-2010, 05:10 PM

First of all, the swamps were not way too hard. I'm a girl and PL was my first MMO. I learned to be a good player because of the swamps. As for the fact that the devs are targeting those not spending money, well... It's the seasoned players I see buying hats and hats are pure profit for very little effort. I spent freely on hats to support the devs and the game because they are fun and I believed the hat profit would free the devs to make decisions for the betterment of the game. Instead, they are making changes that make me not want to play. They've made about $100 off me since I began playing. I suspect that they'll find out that the mynas generation players they are catering to now will not STICK. They won't be playing in two months. Maybe that's what the devs want. Maybe they are fine just having only new players that dropout in a month or two. Maybe the bottomline is their vision. They, may, however wait until too late to discover that they've alienated and lost the group that would stay with them for the longterm spending money. I spent almost 300 plat this month. How much money do you think the flashinthepan mynas gen player will spend if they have to be cajoled into just buying the swamps campaign that is ONLY 8 plat???

Not to mention, how many new players know before buying that the swamps are hard?
Is there a Mynas Generation Bulletin that let's them know what campaigns are easy and primed for leeching and mindless playing?

The other guys on the forum are right. If the devs vision is a mindless "look at my cool voodoo doll that I got playing mindless in the swamps as a level two," then the game is headed for triviality:(

Kingofhurtz
08-23-2010, 05:11 PM
piss off.

ps. its daytime

hahahh xD
I also agree. I loved going into the swamps, waiting for a pink to drop. I fear now that it's so much easier, those sacred swamp pinks arent going to be rare anymore just like most of the Alien oasis pinks. I LOVE saving up to buy a swamp pink cuz theyre so cool looking, but now, i know im going to start seeing a lot more and i dont think theyre going to be as appetizing.The best part about it that it wasn't easy and taught people to work together. Normally there's 2-3 games going on at once in the swamps, but immediately after the update, I had to scroll down to see all of the games!

Greeve
08-23-2010, 05:11 PM
I kind of agree that there needs to be some difficult zones in this game. Honestly though it should be the last zones, not a mid level campaign. AO should be way more difficult.

Along these lines, personally I think the game needs some better tiering in terms of difficulty. It is too easy the first few campaigns and does not really present much challenge up until the swamps. By that point people are already pretty set in their playstyle and its a high learning curve for them and then most of them just skip the swamps and go straight for mynas power leveling. Overall, as far as difficulty, I think the swamps and AO are very similar but only in a few places. The swamps is slightly harder and more time consuming because there arent as many easy kill mobs compared to the mummies from AO campaigns. Most mobs in the swamps require heavy dbuffing, whereas its only the guys with the spears and staffs in AO that require similar types of skills/teamwork/debuffing to take out. I think they should ramp the difficulty up throughout the campaigns and then the end game zones should obviously be the most difficult. You don't really see your first debuff worthy mob until the lost expedition and even there you still see people not doing much in terms of teamwork.

Snakespeare
08-23-2010, 05:13 PM
I think I'll go re-read my fav book by Helprin... Winter's Tale... It never fails to cheer me when I'm sad...

Whitman, Leaves of Grass for me... the electronic version was badly formatted anyway.

OK, cya in a while. Hopefully the Swamps will cease being a farmland when the thrill of easy crocs wears off.

Aspergillus
08-23-2010, 05:19 PM
By the way... upper levels are SUPPOSED to be harder.

just a thought...

bmc85uk
08-23-2010, 05:27 PM
I haven't actually played this update yet, i've only just paid my phone bill to get my iPhone reconnected, but by the sound of things, I too will hate this.

It wasn't just the swamps, but the whole game that needed one thing nerfed - stupidly hard crits, and how often they occur, I think it's safe to say that you'd expect 2 mega crits in a row once in a blue moon, but they seem to be a frequent occurance in PLs 'Danger Zones' (the old Swamps, Skeller Krunch & AO1). I've put almost everything I think needs changing in my Overhaul thread (have thought of a few since), and until this game starts behaving like a fully fledged MMO it's never going to suck up that much of my attention.

If there's one thing that absolutely disgusts me (no offense to the developers), it's the prospect of gameplay changes being made as a result of the whining of ignorant children on the forums who dont understand RPG mechanics properly.

Much of the game is 'spoon fed' to the player, it's basically an MMO hack'n'slash RPG, enemies come in hordes and die pretty quickly, or in some cases just end up being a tedious grind (AO2 green mages who suck up more damage than tanks?!). I'm not asking for something with a hideously steep learning curve like Anarchy Online, but I think the developers need to take that plunge turning PL into something with a little more depth, sure, some people won't like it and might even leave, but I don't think any MMORPG should be this shallow; if you don't want to play games with deep character development that require strategic gameplay, you shouldn't be playing MMORPGs.

I'm sure i'll be around on the forums for a long time, but I can't remember the last time I picked up PL and thrashed out a good few hours in one session. The more time passes; the more I gradually lose faith, this game is leaning much more towards the idiot-proof instant action gameplay, and while many might like that, I don't think they're the kind of people who'll be playing PL for years to come. Personally I stick with an MMO for a good few years, but sadly i'm just too bored and far too frustrated with PL right now.

Royce
08-23-2010, 05:30 PM
I just want to add that if people were complaining that the difficulty level of the swamps was out of sync with the other campaigns in the series, then the solution should have been to toughen up Skeller, AO1, and AO2. The swamps were not "too" hard. Many people leveled many characters through there when it was the only option, and many still level their characters there because it was fun to actually complete a challenging campaign and do something that you could feel a sense of accomplishment about. I realize what is "too" hard is relative, but honestly if the ongoing difficulty of PvE is going to be inline with the nerfed swamps and the mostly quite easy AO maps, then it just isn't going to be very much fun for me. The later maps of AO crank up the difficulty of killing mobs a bit, but what they lack the swamps, when they were awesome, possessed is a threat factor. Not only were those crocs tough to take down, they could also kill you. In AO, you kind of have to be an idiot to get killed by anything other than a boss. And the bosses aren't even that hard. Yes, they can kill with a lucky crit, but other than Seth and Sobek, they really don't present much challenge to any decent group.

bmc85uk
08-23-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm feeling what Royce said about the game maybe just heading in a different direction to what he or I want. As far as I'm concerned, any tweaks to gameplay will only be a temporary fix until the serious underlying balance issues are addressed; right now I think the most important change needed for combat balance would be an updated health/mana system, followed by a dodge & hit revamp, and then a PvE mob archetype tweak, you'll find details of all in the Overhaul thread link in my signature.

When I think MMORPG, I think about:-

A vast catalogue of items, carefully balanced out as the game matures.
Taking time to level a character up, which may sometimes be frustratingly slow - I accept that as an avid MMORPG fan.
Epic battles with enemies requiring skill & tactics.
Fights that last longer than other games that can swing either way to loss or victory; with excitement and adrenaline in between.

I realise that a lot of the playerbase for PL are young, so I have to stress that I mean no offense when I say this, but the vibe I get is slip-shod badly thought out/tested game mechanics, idiot-proofed & spoon-fed to what the developers must have expected to be a very very stupid market.

It doesn't require teamplay, a group of players can easily just run about like chickens without a head killing whatever they want.
Certain stat bonuses come almost exclusively from items - leaving MASSIVE differences between well equipped and poorly equipped characters
PvE is not challenging, the only real danger comes from excessive frequency & strength of critical hits from certain mobs. PvE is therefore a monotonous and uninteresting task.
The ridiculously stiff health/mana system means that as the levels progress you have less HP/MP pool to play around with, high level spells are forced to require low amounts of mana, fights and damage have to be limited due to a lack of growth in total HP. The game overcopensates for this with regen; as I mentioned almost exclusively from equipment, aside from the protection that armour gives, enemy damage later in the game has to be stunted to compensate.
The only challenge PvE presents currently is from unlucky incoming critical hits. Early in the game, damage is gradual and consistent, the higher you level - the more inconsistency arises, any character wanting to tank is currently forced to spec for high Dodge due to stunted HP, damage becomes large and infrequent to compensate.
I've made many threads and posts, but so far have heard little encouraging feedback other than ackgnowledgment of these issues.

I am hoping and praying that balance tweaks will follow so that the PL might reflect gameplay from mainstream, successful MMORPGs. Sure I could 'go play them if i like them so much', but other MMORPGs work the way they do for a reason - their mechanics have all been tried & tested, and while they are perhaps not perfect, they have reached a satisfactory level that the players accept.

Royce
08-23-2010, 06:33 PM
bmc, like many of your posts, you have made a ton of excellent points. The problem, also like many of your posts, is that you have touched on so many issues it's hard to respond or discuss the entire scope of what your post covers. I agree with you almost entirely though, and have agreed with many of those points where they were made by you or others elsewhere in the forum. I think a lot of forum folks just look at that sort of post or topic, and skip over it, not wanting to read so much. I do hope the devs are reading these sorts of posts, but more than that I wish we could get some feedback on where they plan to go with this game in terms of basic gameplay. We hear a lot about pets, auction houses, and other frills, but we don't hear much about the plans for the core mechanics of the game. Even the attribute-level-skill-conversion-thingy has been shrouded in mystery for months, and we still have no idea what it will really mean.

mAdvillain
08-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Ps. Learn some grammar

and while everyone onnthe forums continues to qq, u all forgetvur ALREADY lvl 45 with no needto play the swamps
and guess what? U ppl DONT play the swamps, all ulvl 45 ppl play is alien oasis anyways!!!!!!
Untill earliertoday u couldnt FIND a game with ppl playing anncient swamps
now u can find plenty, and its not because of the 20 players that post here flaming and QQ'ing over the swamps change
its because u can actually PLAY thru the swamps now at a reasonable lvl with the similarexperience uve hadin the game up until NOW, everyone here fails......

mAdvillain
08-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Did any of u lvl45 forum QQ'rs play the swamps regularly before because it took actual "skill" ?? NO
u all play oasis and now they changed the campaign u barely play on, and now u wanna qq
gtfo all of u!

Royce
08-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Ps. Learn some grammar
Really? Have you read your own posts?

and while everyone onnthe forums continues to qq, u all forgetvur ALREADY lvl 45 with no needto play the swamps
I actually have 5 level 45s, and a level 36 who just finished the swamps. Soon I planned to make another level 1, though with the swamps as lame as they are now, I don't have quite as strong an inclination to level another char. Also, I only had occasional difficulty finding games in the swamps when I leveled my first 6 characters through there. Sorry you had a couple bad days finding games, but stop acting like you know so much about the situation. You don't hit level 45 and die. Past campaigns do matter to level cap players and our opinions do count. Also sorry if you weren't good enough to make it through the swamps before, but thousands of players were, so that's really your problem.

mAdvillain
08-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Ur missing my Point royce, what campaign do u spend mst of ur time on? Its not the swamps! U all qq like u play the swamps SOOO much, just stop ur qq'ing already!!

bmc85uk
08-23-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm glad you agree, and I do have a (bad) tendancy to rant in great walls of text :p

It's just passion for computer games, especially MMORPGs; when I first discovered EverQuest I got so addicted I did several 36+ hour sessions. This culminates in frustration at PL, due to what I see in it's massive potential and how little is being done to 'step up it's game' at the core.

I think that balance is paramount, it's the foundation on which a game builds, and without it a game can only go so far. With all of the extra content proposed, and all of the kids screaming with joy at the prospect of pets, auction houses etc, It's very hard not to get so worked up. That's not to say I don't want the extra content, I want it all at some point, but I think some attention to the core gameplay is now overdue.

That aside, it must be hard for the development team to strike a balance between satiating some gamers thirst for new content, and meeting other's needs for sturdy balanced gameplay at the core.

KingFu
08-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Did any of u lvl45 forum QQ'rs play the swamps regularly before because it took actual "skill" ?? NO
u all play oasis and now they changed the campaign u barely play on, and now u wanna qq
gtfo all of u!

Dude, we are tired of everyone being power leveled and being level 45 noobs that don't know how to play. I actually played the whole campaign 2 days ago, and I played boss brawl twice yesterday. A lot of 45s play the swamps for fun, and for memories. It still took skill at 45, if you just chilled their, the brawlers debuff would give you negative MS, and battle crocs would break armor.

The campaign was amazing, and why should lower levels get to breeze through all the campaigns. I remember when swamps were required to have a full party to actually take down a boss quick enough. Now, it is too easy. I am going to level a new character soon, I should have like 6 45s, but I never think of a name. I am going to level him to 38ish, and than go to AO2 to level. I will either level a pure archer, or an int bear, and I will tell you how easy it is.

Snakespeare
08-23-2010, 06:53 PM
The truth is, those are all farming games rushing the dumbed-down bosses. I was not a level 45 and I did play in Swamps every day. It didn't use to be farmland. It used to be a challenge. I used to automatically respect a player from Swamps who stuck it out. Now all the jerks who boot people for not having a bear or being a level 45 have taken over the Swamps. If you are one of those people, then go ahead and have your fun.

Things change, and I know better than to fight change. I am too old to fight it anyway. So I take a nap.

mAdvillian, you can say "fail" all you want. That does not mean you are right. We are customers and we have opinions. Oldies, for the win!

Aspergillus
08-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Um... I have played the swamps pretty much every day for the last week. We play it because we like it... or at least used to like it. I'm not the only one. When I've played the swamps it has been mostly with other lvl 45s.

Madvillain, you are assuming that nobody wants challenge and that everyone just does the minimum work necessary to level. That has never been the case with me or most of the people I play with.

Please refrain from telling us, the people standing up to protect a favorite part of the game, what we do and don't do.

Royce
08-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Ur missing my Point royce, what campaign do u spend mst of ur time on? Its not the swamps! U all qq like u play the swamps SOOO much, just stop ur qq'ing already!!

I actually do spend more time in the swamps than anywhere else. Or I used to at least. It was my favorite campaign. If I didn't have a character that level, I would still go there routinely to help other players because I loved the place. I think you are missing the point, which is that the difficulty of this game is taking a nosedive, and it seems many feel, though you may disagree, that a game with no challenge is not much of a game at all. The swamps were the benchmark for what difficulty should be. The one campaign where you were required to play as a team and learn at least the most basic and fundamental strategies to survive. The swamps were a campaign that many felt, was PL at it's best, the devs' most glorious creation. I don't think I was alone in hoping the decreased difficulty of AO was a temporary bump on the road, and that we'd see another campaign like AS again soon. Now that AS has been nerfed, it seems like we are watching the devs say, no that was a mistake, we want a mindless hack and slasher, no strategy required, so we "fixed" the swamps. That's just the impression it left me at least, and it is a crushing blow to my hopes for this game. I know the game is not mine, and the devs can take it in any direction they desire. I just hope I'm wrong about where it currently seems to be headed. And I may very well be wrong. I still have a lot of faith in the guys who make this game, and I fully believe they have the capability of setting all this right, the only thing I question is whether they are looking to make the kind of game I thought they were or not.

mAdvillain
08-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Thats nice and all but what u are still failing to realize is that noone played swamps because it was ridiculously hard and its still hard incase u havent played it, and incase u havent noticed other ppl are more inclined to play it now like it or not, the swamps is now a more profitable project for spacetime
they arent gonna changed it back because a bunch of already-maxed-out-players are on the forums RAGING about it!

Haikus
08-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Really? Have you read your own posts?
i lol'd at that.

Royce
08-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Thats nice and all but what u are still failing to realize is that noone played swamps because it was ridiculously hard and its still hard incase u havent played it, and incase u havent noticed other ppl are more inclined to play it now like it or not, the swamps is now a more profitable project for spacetime
they arent gonna changed it back because a bunch of already-maxed-out-players are on the forums RAGING about it!

You are furiously missing the point here. How can you get this far into the conversation without understanding it? The swamp nerf removes almost completely any sense of strategy from the game. If a few more current 30s buy AS, and a bunch of 45s who were spending crazy plat on hats and respecs quit the game, how much will STS profit? If this turns into a strategy free, hack and slash game that requires no skill, how many new players will they attract, and how many will stick around? I'm sure the STS guys know more about marketing and finances than I do, but this seems like a step in the wrong direction to me. Worsening the game on the whole to get a few more tiny (like $1 or less) sales in the short term seems like it would have long term consequences far outweighing any potential gains.I can't believe that was the real motivation behind the nerf. But what do I know...

Cascade
08-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Excuse me for saying so Mad but....-Shut-UP!

bmc85uk
08-23-2010, 07:19 PM

It wasn't ridiculously hard, there were some annoying super crits, most notably from frogmar, but what you've failed to realise is they were only difficult by comparison.

People didn't play Swamps; because the alternatives were much easier, NOT because Swamps were too hard.

Why would anyone pick the hard route when the easy route is not only easier, but quicker and more readily available.

mAdvillain
08-23-2010, 07:21 PM
U can tell me to shut up all u want they arent gonna change it back
theyve made their money off u already DEAL WITH IT, better yet qq moar about it

bmc85uk
08-23-2010, 07:23 PM

I can only pray that it does change back, not only because it might revive my interest in the game, but also to prove you wrong when you're so sure of yourself.

By the way, here's the actual definition of QQ - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QQ

FluffNStuff
08-23-2010, 07:24 PM
It wasn't ridiculously hard, there were some annoying super crits, most notably from frogmar, but what you've failed to realise is they were only difficult by comparison.

People didn't play Swamps; because the alternatives were much easier, NOT because Swamps were too hard.

Why would anyone pick the hard route when the easy route is not only easier, but quicker and more readily available.

I found recently that people did play swamps. There were few games showing because every game I joined or started (with my Lvl 33 alt) filled up quickly, and therefore dropped off the available games screen. It was more that once people were in, they stayed with the group.

mAdvillain
08-23-2010, 07:28 PM
No u did not just tell me to refer to urbandictionary.com
you DO know i can login on that site and change the definition right LOL
im not gonna argue with what u think the "actual" definition of QQ'ing is

Royce
08-23-2010, 07:31 PM

Look, troll I'm done with you. You're on forum ignore, but FYI STS has not made their money off me yet, not all of it at least. I spend more money now than I ever have, so if they want to keep players like me they will listen to us. Sure they want your little 8 plat too, but really think about what you're saying.

Haikus
08-23-2010, 07:31 PM
I'm sure i'll be around on the forums for a long time, but I can't remember the last time I picked up PL and thrashed out a good few hours in one session. The more time passes; the more I gradually lose faith, this game is leaning much more towards the idiot-proof instant action gameplay, and while many might like that, I don't think they're the kind of people who'll be playing PL for years to come.Sadly i'm just too bored and far too frustrated with PL right now.

i agree with that 100% i honestly cant remember actually playing when im on im either selling or maybe buying in town from me bidding on forums then im off.AT max 10-15 sessions now with me.it just doesnt grasp my attention as much as it use too.

mAdvillain
08-23-2010, 07:32 PM
U ppl would have nothing to qq about if the swamps were like this from the beginning.....im done u all can let THAT resonate for a while

Furrawn
08-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Ps. Learn some grammar

and guess what? U ppl DONT play the swamps, all ulvl 45 ppl play is alien oasis anyways!!!!!!
Untill earliertoday u couldnt FIND a game with ppl playing anncient swamps
now u can find plenty, and its not because of the 20 players that post here flaming and QQ'ing over the swamps change
its because u can actually PLAY thru the swamps now at a reasonable lvl with the similarexperience uve hadin the game up until NOW, everyone here fails......

First of all, ditto everything Royce said.

Mystic- I've been in the swamps the past week, too... Truly wonderful memories there... And yeah - the brawl will still kill you- it's so great. No. Sorry. It isn't great anymore. Now it's a playground for babies.

Snakespeare- you're right, change happens. So might we be agents of change:)
If nothing else, at least we are speaking honestly in defense of a game we love...
"We convince by our presence."
Walt Whitman

Madvillian-
You post a lot of drivel when you attack a group that has been playing since the game BEGAN. Your post saying we all FAIL is witless, obtuse, and cretinous. We were all playing the swamps back when there was NO campaign past the swamps. We had no choice but to level through it. I died A LOT in the swamps. I also learned how to play well and play well with others- something you clearly still need to learn.

P.S. The only atrociously bad grammar in this entire thread belongs to you.

bmc85uk
08-23-2010, 07:38 PM
U ppl would have nothing to qq about if the swamps were like this from the beginning.....im done u all can let THAT resonate for a while

You're right, if this game never presented a challenge and was a farm fest from day 1, I sure as hell wouldn't complain, because I'd have deleted the app a long time ago in lieu of a game that actually entertained me while I played.

If you take away any difficulty, you basically have an app that requires you to press buttons until you're level 45, now that my friend is fun on a whole new level, excuse me while I go get a rusty breadknife and chop off my own face, because that might actually be more fun.

Haikus
08-23-2010, 07:43 PM
First of all, ditto everything Royce said.

Mystic- I've been in the swamps the past week, too... Truly wonderful memories there... And yeah - the brawl will still kill you- it's so great. No. Sorry. It isn't great anymore. Now it's a playground for babies.

Snakespeare- you're right, change happens. So might we be agents of change:)
If nothing else, at least we are speaking honestly in defense of a game we love...
"We convince by our presence."
Walt Whitman

Madvillian-
You post a lot of drivel when you attack a group that has been playing since the game BEGAN. Your post saying we all FAIL is witless, obtuse, and cretinous. We were all playing the swamps back when there was NO campaign past the swamps. We had no choice but to level through it. I died A LOT in the swamps. I also learned how to play well and play well with others- something you clearly still need to learn.

P.S. The only atrociously bad grammar in this entire thread belongs to you.

haha:P same with me i was just playing swamps today to check the nerf and for the first time i was in their with my lvl 45 mage i blasted through the first lvl 2 lvls in the ten minutes i played...it use to be hard for even my lvl 45 now it requires no skill and all is true for my experiences being played since first week of launch and i use to be a drug addict and pl was my drug lol:) but now ive lost so much interest i hardly play for a rough 15 minutes every other day...o and i guess madvilian doesnt know how to click edit post:D

vulgarstrike
08-23-2010, 07:48 PM

I do not hear resonance.

random fact of the day: a ducks quack does not noticeably echo

occasionally, I will make insightful and contributing comments. this is not one of the occasions;
you are simply a prime example of the failures that are beginning to make our game quality deteriorate. it's people who say things like "lulz q moar n00b u c@n7 b3@7 m3 I am 1337zors." I have one message. whatever magical powers you posses that makes things suck, please avoid using it.

mAdvillain
08-23-2010, 07:57 PM
None of u are going to stop playing this game because of this update u can talk trash about losing interest in playing as if devs will read your wims on these forums, but none of u are gonna stop playing, the devs havenothing to worry about because u all are going to CONTINUE to play this game and spend moneybecause at THIS point u all r in too deep to quit over the swamps, which none of u play, u all can try to talk about how often u played the swamps before, but u RARELY played the swamps at best..... Wah freakin wah!

mAdvillain
08-23-2010, 08:00 PM
*Hands a tissue to everyone on this forum with a swamp issue*

mAdvillain
08-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Never said anything about loot...check aisle 9

Aspergillus
08-23-2010, 08:01 PM
So we have no interest in actually playing the swamps or any other level we don't immediately need, yet we are in too deep to stop playing?

logic check...

oh... and mad... this thread was BECAUSE there are people with issues about the swamps

vulgarstrike
08-23-2010, 08:02 PM
None of u are going to stop playing this game because of this update u can talk trash about losing interest in playing as if devs will read your wims on these forums, but none of u are gonna stop playing, the devs havenothing to worry about because u all are going to CONTINUE to play this game and spend moneybecause at THIS point u all r in too deep to quit over the swamps, which none of u play, u all can try to talk about how often u played the swamps before, but u RARELY played the swamps at best..... Wah freakin wah!

devs read every thread and comment on a lot of them. epic fail number 1. many people have already stepped out. epic fail number 2. how can you know how much we played swamps? I can personally attest before ao, swamps was the ONLY thing I played. epic fail number three. why are you wahhing? stop crying you baby. epic fail number 4. why must you argue against better people? that's like a pooch trying to kill a Doberman. fail number 5. devs have plenty to worry about, mobile gaming is an ever-changing and volatile market. fail number 6. so what have you contributed to the game? why does your opinion matter? oh wait. it doesn't. sorry, I almost forgot you don't matter.

bmc85uk
08-23-2010, 08:05 PM

Breaking news! This just in: I stopped playing about 3 weeks ago when I got bored of having done everything.

Sure I pop on occasionally, but only to help a friend or to just check out any changes, I have no interest in the tedium of grinding through hordes of pointless enemies in the hopes of getting loot, my characters are equipped well enough, but I'm too bored to try and kit them out any better.

I'll almost definitely buy the next expansion, but if it repeats the mistakes of the Mynas tombs, and now the Swamps, and the core gameplay elements I see as broken aren't changed; I won't be spending any more money on this game, that's not a threat, that is my word, I'd place my life on that one.

Furrawn
08-23-2010, 08:06 PM
You're right, if this game never presented a challenge and was a farm fest from day 1, I sure as hell wouldn't complain, because I'd have deleted the app a long time ago in lieu of a game that actually entertained me while I played.

If you take away any difficulty, you basically have an app that requires you to press buttons until you're level 45, now that my friend is fun on a whole new level, excuse me while I go get a rusty breadknife and chop off my own face, because that might actually be more fun.

Bmc- Right. I agree. I have no use for a push button app either - except the app with the talking guinea pig... And I, too, will buy AO3 and will quit playing if AO3 is an epic fail and easy. If it is geared towards players who aren't willing to learn to play, it will be my last STS purchase. I promise, too.

Haikus- I know. I swore off playing for this week in response to the swamps nerf. Maybe I'll get used to not playing:(

Vulgar- love the duck's quack quote... If the game is saved, I may have to create a char named DuckEcho:)

Will AO3 come out and be baby easy? I've been trying to get good gear to prepare for hopefully dying a lot fighting the 45 to 50 lvl version of Frogmar when AO3 comes out.

Sigh. If the devs don't fix this, "I soloed Frogmar" won't mean anything...

mAdvillain
08-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Cry harder dude, never said the devs dont read forums, i wasrefering to as if it matters about ur wims , if u have such a problem vulgarstrike why dont YOU quit, this would be a much friendlier place without you

mAdvillain
08-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Wow im making this themost epic thread ever!!
Topics on here never get this fired up
Damn u all have a lot of nothing to cry over,

alas this was much fun, please be mature and dont flame me or troll me in game as i do not desire to troll or flame any of you in game.

Haikus
08-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Cry harder dude, never said the devs dont read forums, i wasrefering to as if it matters about ur wims , if u have such a problem vulgarstrike why dont YOU quit, this would be a much friendlier place without you

omg dude will u please shut up referring to what u said 5 post up i thought u were done....gah...some of these newer guys just piss me off....o and btw the edit post button should be your new best friend.
ive had to edit my post 3 times to keep up with u do i had to change from 1 post i thought u were done to 4 now 5 u just wont give up...my gah dude u wont win so pls do us actual players a favor and shut up and quit wasting are time....gah aggravating little kids....ur like a obese kid during halloween who got a apple for a treat and wont let up until u get a god dang reeses peices cup!

Furrawn
08-23-2010, 08:20 PM

Back off.
Leave Vulgarstrike alone.
The forum IS friendly. You are the interloper. You need to be civil, Madvilian. State your opinion. Fine. You are entitled.
Besides, you are a lovely quintessential example of the Mynas Gen. The devs can read everything you posted here and see exactly the folks to whom they have begun catering.

bmc85uk
08-23-2010, 08:21 PM

To the developer all opinions count for something, maybe some more than others; but all do count - even one as ignorant as yours.

Aspergillus
Furrawn... can I say I love you? lol

I agree times 10.

Royce
Guys this joker is a total troll. It's also obvious he's a bonified noob with no idea what he's talking about. I suggest you all put him on ignore. I wouldn't even be subject to his inane banter if you guys weren't quoting him. Pretend you're in town, and just ignore him. Anyone who tries to talk tough while defending making the game more baby-friendly obviously has issues anyway.

bmc85uk
08-23-2010, 08:24 PM
I knew what was happening but I just couldn't help myself - I love a good firefight, especially when the heads of the community all gang up :p

setec
08-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Here is my two cents.

For those opposed to the change: I see your many points. And I agree with a lot of them.

For those for the change: I can see your points as well and some are valid.

What I see on this thread is players attacking each other thinking their view is the superior one and that everyone else should shut up. Frankly, that just invites trolling/flaming and makes the PL community as a whole look like a bunch of whiners.

Yes, the forums are the way we express our opinions to the Devs, but we can be civil about it.

Perhaps this change is in the grander scheme of things as determined by the Devs. Since we don't know what they are planning in detail, maybe this will make sense down the road. Again, maybe.

I will say this. There needs to be easy maps for the hack and slash players. AND - there needs to be difficult, epic maps for the players who want to hone their skills. Currently we don't have that balance. Hopefully we will in the future. I'm sure the Devs are trying their best. They do need to do things out of financial concern sometimes because after all, if they have no money then we have no game.

Cheers.

Banned
08-23-2010, 08:26 PM
As expected, this game is turning into a haven for stupidity, simplicity, and mindless farming. AS was the only campaign that showed some type of challenge, AND assisted in creating well experienced and intelligent players that know how to actually play the damn game. I look at the PL community now, and see roided noobs. Players with the best gear, capped, and absolutely NO SKILL. Players that didn't work for their muscle, but instead, used a steroid called "Tombs of Myans". I understand that STS is trying to target the casual market, but this has gone far lower then casual. It's come to the point where the only form of enjoyment and challenge I get from this game, is to go bossing in AO2 with a low level character, because fighting a AO2 boss with my 45 is as challenging as fighting a pre-nerfed swamp croc. I'm not about to lose all faith just yet, but I'm hoping this mistake will be undone as soon as possible.

Oh, and off topic. Furrawn, does being a girl somehow handicap your MMO skill? I don't see why you needed to mention that.

vulgarstrike
08-23-2010, 08:28 PM
ihope this game isn't a total blowout because of some jackass named madvillian.

Furrawn
08-23-2010, 08:30 PM
I knew what was happening but I just couldn't help myself - I love a good firefight, especially when the heads of the community all gang up :p

Me, too:) lol
Besides, it was too ironic to ignore.
Madvillian is exactly what we are all up in arms about. He's exactly who the devs dumbed-down the swamps for....

He just proves how right we all are.
The irony of his ludicrous noob outrage is far too delicious in the context of this post to ignore...

But... How do I ignore him? I've never chosen to ignore anyone's posts before...

bmc85uk
08-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Amen to that setec, though I don't agree with an overly easy part of the game at all, I think there needs to be a happy medium, death in the swamps could happen in the blink of an eye, which was perhaps a bit overzealous, but that was only really certain bosses with super nukes.

When nightmare dungeons are released, we can all rejoice at a real challenge, but that aside, we need consistency.

I think all campaigns should present some kind of challenge other than one hit kills, all being similarly hard, and nightmare dungeons can then give us the real hardcore gameplay.

vulgarstrike
08-23-2010, 08:35 PM
I liked the time of 1.2.0

Royce
But... How do I ignore him? I've never chosen to ignore anyone's posts before...

Just go to their profile page, then click "add to ignore list". I have only ever ignored 3 members, and the first 2 were the same person ;)

Snakespeare
Agreed, based on behavior, it is clearly trolling. His comments are laced with insults that are meant to incite ire. But to what he said that was worth discussing, I did respond. It isn't necessary to continue and repeat myself. He said I don't play swamps, and that by itself shows he doesn't read this board, since I have been making a campaign of keeping Swamps a topic of conversation, and have made sure to weigh in on every thread regarding swamps being difficult. Anyway, there's truth and there's trolling. Trolling depends on insult and exaggeration. Let's just see it for what it is and move on. I know there is a "don't feed the trolls" sign around here somewhere.

I will no doubt play the dumbed-down swamps after my break, but I have to take a break just because I am an older person and I can't let my blood pressure go up, it physically hurts me. So, when a change like this happens, I have to do something I like instead. Really, it's not to make a statement, I have to for my health. I care too much sometimes about things that are for others to control. So, I have to let it be.

My next new character will be a bowbear, but not for a little while.

Tailless
08-23-2010, 08:38 PM
I was so excited when swamps came out and played LE like crazy so I could be at an appropriate level to tackle the challenges of The Swamps( I know that's unheard of in the Mynas Generation). UP until then I had been leveling very slow playing here and there but when it was released I wanted in so I picked up the pace. I had loads of fun leveling to cap in the swamps, just like others have said it took teamwork, quite a few pots and you had to pay attention to your surroundings and what you were attacking. For me lowering the challenge of the Swamps lessens the experience for new players that want a bit of a challenge and to play the game how it was originally intended. If anything I think the Devs should have made other campaigns more like the swamps or at least made a few of the maps in each new campaign have the difficulty of the Swamps.While I understand that the goal is to get new players to buy the older maps but I have to think that some of them would also like a challenge. Another way to generate intrest in the Swamps could have been to increase the drop rate of Pinks and Purples. While that also would have probably met with complaints from members it would have achieved the goal of getting newer players to buy that campaign. They would have an increased chance to get some very desirable items but it would keep the challenge and skill building of the Swamps intact.

Haikus
08-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Guys this joker is a total troll. It's also obvious he's a bonified noob with no idea what he's talking about. I suggest you all put him on ignore. I wouldn't even be subject to his inane banter if you guys weren't quoting him. Pretend you're in town, and just ignore him. Anyone who tries to talk tough while defending making the game more baby-friendly obviously has issues anyway.

This man preaches the truth and he does it well.I agree with royce but like fur and bmc pronounced it would be to easy to let a idiot like that slip through what started off to be a friendly general discussion.

bmc85uk
08-23-2010, 08:48 PM
I hear you Tailless, I think the solution to making the entirety of the game more appealing lies in evening out the difficulty to a consistent level, and by that I mean a massive nerf on Mynas tombs any any map of similar ease to bring them up to a respectable level.

Early campaigns aren't so bad, the game plays a lot better and the mechanics seem to work, though the start of the game is far too easy due to everyone having at least 200HP.

Kurlz
08-23-2010, 09:00 PM
ok...i saw the update log thing and was happy for two reasons, one was NO HATS IN THE UPDATE!, and the other was that they made the crocs easier, i was thinking jus a little bit easier, but im guessing they made them a LOT easier? so quick question, are the swamps now ridiculously easy or just a bit easier? i havent checked yet

Furrawn
08-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Banned-
Just to preface my answer- I don't speak for any girl but myself...
Being a girl doesn't handicap my skills, but girls are still very much a minority in this type of game. I came into PL with no prior MMO experience because most girls aren't YET typical MMO players. At least, I think that's the case based on what I hear. I had no prior experience with MMO's. Even the game terminology was a foreign language. I began playing at the lowest knowledge level a sentient person can have and still play. I died a lot. I went in locked games alone and practiced. I played with teams and watched & learned.

I mentioned being a girl because in our current culture, it contributed to my coming into the game with zero gaming knowledge. I'm sure most of the noobs come into the game knowing more than I did. Yet, I learned how to play. I leveled in the swamps. I didn't whine and ask that the swamps be made easier. I died. I practiced. I got better.

Yet, the mynas generation comes into the game and began whining whingeing caterwauling for it all to be made easy and the devs do it. My point was that I came in with zero knowledge and I didn't cry because the swamp killed me. Being a girl, for me, contributed to how little I knew coming into PL. Sorry if my mentioning it came out wrong or in any way seemed to indicate I think a girl's skills are less. I don't.

Setec-
While I respect your words and agree with a lot of them, I do want to point out one thing. NONE of us are attacking each other. We've all been united in this thread with the exception of madvillian.

FluffNStuff
08-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Two things:

1) This divide has been brewing for a while now with the Mynas players. As players who embraced challenge the only refuge we had was in the swamps. There were noobs there of course, but noobs willing to learn, looking for a challenge and trying to earn some loot instead of looking for a hand out. And now that the Mynas mentality has taken over the swamps it is sickening. I was just there with my 34 and did not die, AT ALL. Barely paying attention, drifting mindlessly where ever the auto target would send me, and it was ridiculous.

2) Where can I find the app with the talking guinea pig

FluffNStuff
08-23-2010, 09:10 PM
ok...i saw the update log thing and was happy for two reasons, one was NO HATS IN THE UPDATE!, and the other was that they made the crocs easier, i was thinking jus a little bit easier, but im guessing they made them a LOT easier? so quick question, are the swamps now ridiculously easy or just a bit easier? i havent checked yet

It's pathetic how easier.

Haikus
08-23-2010, 09:21 PM
haha im not a girl but i am fairly new to mmo and this is my first actual one i play i at once played one called dragonica a 2.5D game for two weeks at max...and never really played games until coming upon pl...but i did have some prior knowledge of a mmo and how to play....and can someone correct me right if im wrong but isnt the core meaning of a massive multiplayer online game "teamwork" like i said correct me if im wrong:) and so lvls arent were u can just blast through them solo i know some ppl like to play solo but in the game we truly enjoy at times given the title "pocket legends" were we need a warrior bear to be very powerful and clear paths far easily than any of the remaining two classes, a archer bird to snipe of heads for ya:P not as fast as a warrior but just as meaningful , and a mage elf to heal and revive for u and deal great damage also.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-23-2010, 09:26 PM
I am so confused right now about what's going on.

Some please clarify in the most simple terms possible!

mAdvillain
08-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Hahahahahhahahaha Furrawn, you couldnt be more wrong in assuming im part of the "mynas generation" thats been dubbed on here
its interesting watching everyone fall inline with believing im just a troll from the mynas generation (dont really care what its SUPPOSED to mean)
its like you all are really hurting and you need to classify me in order to move on and cope with whats happened to the game
i GUESS i'll be "from the mynas generation" if it helps you ppl feel better about what ive done here

you can call what ive done whatever u want to
i personally think its hilarious watching you guys wig out at the salt ive thrown in your wounds
but keep in my, im rofl'ing HARD on my end, and you guys are seriously p'od, AND you hope the devs will change the game back based on the crying going on on the forums......which im sorry to say is just wishful thinking because if you add up everyone ON the forums thats made a stink and compare it to the money they are probably now making from adjusting the swamps, it wouldnt be enough to go back on what theyve done to the swamps
to that extent, no one thought that adjusting the swamps could be a move to adding harder campaigns to pocket legends???????

think about this one folks, they even the swamps out to match skeller crunch,
ao1 and ao2 are the current highest campaigns
they introduce MORE campaigns that ARE as hard as the swamps USED to be because,
from the players i've talked to alot of them think the swamps is THE hardest level

Haikus
08-23-2010, 09:30 PM
atleast his grammar is much better in this post.kudos to u mad.... kudos to u my friend.:P

Aspergillus
08-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Honestly Madvillain, nobody here really cares about you. Other than to add you to the ignore column. We care about the swamps and what is happening to the game.

Lightninglord -

The devs have made an update to dumb down the swamps so that they no longer require the skill and teamwork that they did before. Most of us object.

Furrawn
08-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Two things:

1) This divide has been brewing for a while now with the Mynas players. As players who embraced challenge the only refuge we had was in the swamps. There were noobs there of course, but noobs willing to learn, looking for a challenge and trying to earn some loot instead of looking for a hand out. And now that the Mynas mentality has taken over the swamps it is sickening. I was just there with my 34 and did not die, AT ALL. Barely paying attention, drifting mindlessly where ever the auto target would send me, and it was ridiculous.

2) Where can I find the app with the talking guinea pig

1) Your 34 didn't die? Ever? I have a lvl 22 (trickortreat) and a lvl 16 (thesnowqueen) but now the swamps have been destroyed. Can we call the EPA? :)

2) The app is called Smack Talk. The guinea pig is adorable & hilarious.

What happens now, everyone?
Do we petition for our own town? Lol

mAdvillain
08-23-2010, 09:33 PM
keep in mind this game isnt even 6 months old
the devs are probably planning on making this game HUUUUUGE!
in order to make a game thats currently small larger u have to even out the kinks in the balance
mabe you guys NEED to consider the fact that they did this to the campaign to reintroduce more campaigns that are tougher
it makes sense if the game is gonna expand to level 100

so far every campaign has been a half step harder than the last
swamps was 2 whole steps harder
now its a half step tougher than the last as well........

mAdvillain
08-23-2010, 09:34 PM
atleast his grammar is much better in this post.kudos to u mad.... kudos to u my friend.:P

before i was at work and on the wretched ipod touch screen

FluffNStuff
08-23-2010, 09:36 PM
1) Your 34 didn't die? Ever? I have a lvl 22 (trickortreat) and a lvl 16 (thesnowqueen) but now the swamps have been destroyed. Can we call the EPA? :)

2) The app is called Smack Talk. The guinea pig is adorable & hilarious.

What happens now, everyone?
Do we petition for our own town? Lol

1) The 34 has died a bit, though it was special character. Got him power leveled to 29, and have been spending the time since then in the swamps. He dies quite a bit, especially when a group doesn't work together on a boss. But today, I was barely paying attention, people were scattered doing their own thing, and he was totally safe.
2) Looks like i'm off to the app store.

Haikus
08-23-2010, 09:37 PM
ya im on forums on my ipod alot and never misspell a word....so either u really need to figure out how to hit the space key or u really need to put autocorrect back on.

like i mentioned b4 edit post really needs to become ur new bff.

FluffNStuff
08-23-2010, 09:39 PM
keep in mind this game isnt even 6 months old
the devs are probably planning on making this game HUUUUUGE!
in order to make a game thats currently small larger u have to even out the kinks in the balance
mabe you guys NEED to consider the fact that they did this to the campaign to reintroduce more campaigns that are tougher
it makes sense if the game is gonna expand to level 100

so far every campaign has been a half step harder than the last
swamps was 2 whole steps harder
now its a half step tougher than the last as well........

Learn your history, that's why they introduced Skeller Krunch.

mAdvillain
08-23-2010, 09:39 PM
anyways, the devs evened the swamps out to match skeller crunch returns
which it does now

consider it was done to reintroduce more campaigns that are as hard as the swamps originally were

think about it......

vulgarstrike
08-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Hahahahahhahahaha Furrawn, you couldnt be more wrong in assuming im part of the "mynas generation" thats been dubbed on here
its interesting watching everyone fall inline with believing im just a troll from the mynas generation (dont really care what its SUPPOSED to mean)
its like you all are really hurting and you need to classify me in order to move on and cope with whats happened to the game
i GUESS i'll be "from the mynas generation" if it helps you ppl feel better about what ive done here

i personally think its hilarious watching you guys wig out at the salt ive thrown in your wounds
but keep in my, im rofl'ing HARD on my end, and you guys are seriously p'od, AND you hope the devs will change the game back based on the crying going on on the forums......which im sorry to say is just wishful thinking because if you add up everyone ON the forums thats made a stink and compare it to the money they are probably now making from adjusting the swamps, it wouldnt be enough to go back on what theyve done to the swamps
to that extent, no one thought that adjusting the swamps could be a move to adding harder campaigns to pocket legends???????

they introduce MORE campaigns that ARE as hard as the swamps USED to be because,
from the players i've talked to alot of them think the swamps is THE hardest level

here's some food for thought. are you really rolling on the laughing? you may need to see a psychiatrist. and yes, the forum members have most definitely contributed a hefty sum to the devs way more than this new crocs are ever going to bring. three words. the lone archer. so you can go suck on his public parts. and you will do as he desires.

now you must also know what the forums have done.
and what the devs have delivered.
we suggested open worlds, they delivered 1.3. we suggested customization, they came out with hats. we report all bugs, they become fixed. we mentioned pvp team unbalance, they gave us the 5 level cap. we are the representatives of the regular gamers of pocket legends. we are the original. we are the voice. and we are dominion.

mAdvillain
08-23-2010, 09:46 PM
here's some food for thought. are you really rolling on the laughing? you may need to see a psychiatrist. and yes, the forum members have most definitely contributed a hefty sum to the devs way more than this new crocs are ever going to bring. three words. the lone archer. so you can go suck on his public parts. and you will do as he desires. now you must also know what the forums have done. we suggested open worlds, they delivered 1.3. we suggested customization, they came out with hats. we report all bugs, they become fixed. we mentioned pvp team unbalance, they gave us the 5 level cap. we are the representatives of the regular gamers of pocket legends. we are the original. we are the voice. and we are dominion.

vulgarstrike is this how you help yourself sleep at night? read my previous post and go sit down somewhere......

FluffNStuff
08-23-2010, 09:48 PM
anyways, the devs evened the swamps out to match skeller crunch returns
which is does now

consider it was done to reintroduce more campaigns that are as hard as the swamps originally were

think about it......

Everytime I think about it I QQ a little ...

vulgarstrike
08-23-2010, 09:48 PM
vulgarstrike is this how you help yourself sleep at night? read my previous post and go sit down somewhere......

how about you answer to my realistic comment. you had no rebuttal in yours, so i have nothing to say about your previous irrelevant comment.

vulgarstrike
08-23-2010, 09:49 PM
before i was at work and on the wretched ipod touch screen

where do they hire people like you?

Haikus
08-23-2010, 09:52 PM
where do they hire people like you?

haha i lol'd at that.im just throwing my two cents out hes probably one of those guys who sits behind a desk all day cuz hes one of those guys with low self esteem,bi-polar, and no one really wants to meet outside the workplace with lol:P

mAdvillain
08-23-2010, 09:55 PM
how about you answer to my realistic comment. you had no rebuttal in yours, so i have nothing to say about your previous irrelevant comment.

i see you are planning on getting pretty immature, i had my fun earlier, now i am offering a reason for such an update
i told you to read my post that was above your ridiculousness
i cant help you grow up, but mabe one day you will, till then go sit down somewhere.......

mAdvillain
08-23-2010, 09:58 PM
consider that the update was done to make the swamps match skeller returns (which they do)
in order to reintroduce that original caliber of toughness in future campaigns to make the ascension of difficulty more flush

Gavry
08-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Wow,

I've never seen something polarise the community more in the short 6 months we've been playing this game.

From my point of view, the downgrade of Swamps was probably needed. For us old players, we had to learn to play in the swamps as that was the highest map available to us. It was also quite a while until AO and SK were released so we played there a lot, and I must say learnt a LOT. For newer players progressing through the game, it is a big jump up in challenge.

They need to add elite map sets really quickly for the 'old skool' players and leave the regular campaign progression for the regular player. I want maps where there are 5 bosses in a room who work TOGETHER as a group and need REAL tactics and good teamwork to take down. I want expansive levels with hard fights, not mindlessly ploughing through 150 annoyances as we have now.

I'm happy to remember Swamps as it was, the challenges and fun it use to be. We'll never get that back. But we could never go back there anyway as we all have better equipment and higher levels anyway. Vulgar and co, remember what we had, and feel happy that we got to learn our trade the proper way, through hard work and teamwork. Leave the current map sets to the Mynas Gen.

Devs please give us old timers some new challenges that are actually HARD and require some real skill and teamwork to overcome.

vulgarstrike
08-23-2010, 10:01 PM
consider that the update was done to make the swamps match skeller returns (which they do)
in order to reintroduce that original caliber of toughness in future campaigns to make the ascension of difficulty more flush

and you still ignore my proof. don't worry. I know you cant answer to my winning post.

just in case you missed it:

here's some food for thought. are you really rolling on the laughing? you may need to see a psychiatrist. and yes, the forum members have most definitely contributed a hefty sum to the devs way more than this new crocs are ever going to bring. three words. the lone archer. so you can go suck on his public parts. and you will do as he desires.

now you must also know what the forums have done.
and what the devs have delivered.
we suggested open worlds, they delivered 1.3. we suggested customization, they came out with hats. we report all bugs, they become fixed. we mentioned pvp team unbalance, they gave us the 5 level cap. we are the representatives of the regular gamers of pocket legends. we are the original. we are the voice. and we are dominion.

Haikus
08-23-2010, 10:02 PM
mabe?im not familiar with this term haha:P and work with my wretched ipod screen was your excuse.....

asommers
08-23-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm closing this thread. You can read about why we lowered the difficulty here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?6183-1.3-Content-Update-(49871)/page3

-ALS