PDA

View Full Version : Daily Deal bogus

Rothschild
06-30-2012, 05:50 PM
I just spent 72 plat trying to get the ecliptic moon gem and got 5 legendary and 31 green gems. At least make the ratio of legendary to Greens more even. Doubt I will buy Plat anymore after this. Edit -- Didn't get the Ecliptic moon gem btw :mask:

between
06-30-2012, 05:52 PM
72 plat is nothing in comparison with how much some people have spent on it.
its rare for a reason.

Rothschild
06-30-2012, 05:58 PM
72 plat for almost all green gems is ridonkulous! But thanks for reply cause now I atleast know not to waste anymore of my money buying plat for very poor odds. I must have been lucky to get it when I was 21, It only took maybe 5 tries.

ooommmggg
06-30-2012, 05:58 PM
@rothschild same here! I spent 52 plat!

between
06-30-2012, 06:13 PM
hard for me to remember the exact number but it took me somewhere between 200-250 plat to get that gem.

i know people who got it after like 3 tries.

people like that should die in a fire.

Rothschild
06-30-2012, 06:15 PM
The other thing that is unsettling is that you can't auction any of the stuff off and only get 19 gold to sell it in game. Maybe they should at least let players know the odds in receiving the rare item. Really ruined my gaming experience is all I know. I don't mind buying the plat at these reduced rates they have right now. It's like buying a game for Xbox. But I think they played with the reward rates and drop rates alot also. I haven't gotten 1 pink drop either and am 5k into 25th lvl. Thats alot of runs through missions with no pinks...well over 200.

Rothschild
06-30-2012, 06:16 PM
That sucks..sorry to hear that.

Floating
06-30-2012, 06:45 PM
Email STS at the "contact us" link below. They will probably help by giving you somethig...

RedRyder
06-30-2012, 07:53 PM
hard for me to remember the exact number but it took me somewhere between 200-250 plat to get that gem.

i know people who got it after like 3 tries.

people like that should die in a fire.

Gee, thanks!

Aaroniero Arruruerie
06-30-2012, 08:00 PM
I've spent quite a handful on the elliptic moon gem, and still no luck. The thing about the daily deal, is that it doesn't knock enough off the price to make people want to buy it. Sure if the item was let's say... 5 plat less than normal, well you have 5 extra platinum to blow off looking for the moon gem. I understand that there are times when price goes down drastically, but in order to spend more plat, we need more incentives ^_^, tease us a bit.

Gluttony
06-30-2012, 08:32 PM
I've spent quite a handful on the elliptic moon gem, and still no luck. The thing about the daily deal, is that it doesn't knock enough off the price to make people want to buy it. Sure if the item was let's say... 5 plat less than normal, well you have 5 extra platinum to blow off looking for the moon gem. I understand that there are times when price goes down drastically, but in order to spend more plat, we need more incentives ^_^, tease us a bit.

I see, so based on the original price of the Ecliptic Gem item pack (5 plat) you would like STS to reduce the price during the deal of the day by 5p making it free so that you would have more plat to "blow off" huh? Would that be enough knocked off to make people want to buy it? Quite the incentive!

I think that there is a percentage knocked off the prices during the daily deal and when the item is already low in price it cannot be reduced that much (as the example above exhibits). So a 15p item may be reduced to 12p, 150p to 120p... 20% off not good enough?

Now STS didn't release the official rates, but this was enough for me to stay clear:

The new pack is very cheap, so the special gem was designed to be very rare. You should receive the legendary gem much sooner than 100 tries, but you would be lucky to get it in under 20.

5p*20=100p, try spending another 28p.

Alolucard
06-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Sts Wont Reimburse Anything. Heads Up, Devs Are Tight

Aaroniero Arruruerie
06-30-2012, 08:43 PM
I see, so based on the original price of the Ecliptic Gem item pack (5 plat) you would like STS to reduce the price during the deal of the day by 5p making it free so that you would have more plat to "blow off" huh? Would that be enough knocked off to make people want to buy it?

Now STS didn't release the official rates, but this was enough for me to stay clear:

5p*20=100p, try spending another 28p.

Well look at it this way. If people realize there was a chance they could get an elliptic moon gem, they'd be more likely to purchase the deal of the day. Of course, I'm not saying every deal should have a 5 plat reduction. Just the expensive ones.

Qingsanale1st
07-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Well look at it this way. If people realize there was a chance they could get an elliptic moon gem, they'd be more likely to purchase the deal of the day. Of course, I'm not saying every deal should have a 5 plat reduction. Just the expensive ones.

could have been 3 or 2 plats... then it'll be even more attractive.... but 2 plats'll make it too easy... I tried buying a pack early on, but didn't find the ec, but on my second try, i used the daily deal and got it straight. Although it's specialty is attack. Are all of these supposed to be ecliptic attack gems?

Aaroniero Arruruerie
07-01-2012, 10:59 AM
could have been 3 or 2 plats... then it'll be even more attractive.... but 2 plats'll make it too easy... I tried buying a pack early on, but didn't find the ec, but on my second try, i used the daily deal and got it straight. Although it's specialty is attack. Are all of these supposed to be ecliptic attack gems?

I'm not sure, I've gotten pinks more than once, but they were always shadow, beast, or blood. don't think I ever got moons. *giggety*
Anyways, they were either vigorous or malicious gems, and worked well. but some in-game gems are plainly better. If you've used the kriegberg stone you'd know what I mean :topsy_turvy:

Qingsanale1st
07-16-2012, 06:19 AM
ah...

Floating
07-16-2012, 07:02 AM
I got icy tallons after 4-5 tries and ecliptic after 6-7 so basically it is all about luck. Headsman took me 20 tries at least and still i didn get it. Thinkin about this u seem to be a winner Rothschild :)

StompArtist
07-16-2012, 07:42 AM
Gee, thanks!

See you on the pyre. Hope you like smores.