PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen Prometheus?

Whirlzap
06-30-2012, 07:33 PM
I saw it opening night, at midnight. IMAX 3D.
Huge theater.

Freaking scary. Reminded me of Alien.

The summary/plot description of the movie they give on IMDB or w/e is like insanely censored, blocking out all the details. (scary details)
When they say something like, "while Fifield and his companion are stuck in the depth of the caves because of the storm, captain informs them about a living life form which turns out to be a snake."
Actually, it's a snake that mesmerizes Fifield's companion and goes into his helmet /scary stuff happens ->skip past details, killing him. This snake is also 30 feet long, and is more like a worm, with no eyes and has the ability to flatten its head into something like a cobra's head.

For younger kids, don't read below.

It's rated R, but not for adult/suggestive themes.
It's rated R for insanely disturbing (in the scary/monster way) scenes and stuff.
Basically Alien all over again, but less scary.
I pity those teenagers who think they're tough and walk into this movie.
I'm pretty much an adult now; this movie is quite a scare haha.

TIME FOR SPOILER!!!!
I managed to find a forum and god it helped me understand so much.
The movie ITSELF is insanely high-tech, lots of new terms and concepts and there is a whole backstory that is not made clear inside the movie.
The movie takes place in a ship around 2093, almost 80 years from now.
Huge advancements in technology and now we are not focusing on inventing stuff, but rather recovering stuff.
And this special case, Weyland's Company has paid a few trillion to build a high-tech spaceship controlled by an exact-human clone android named David.

Basically 20 years before the spaceship in 2073, two archaeologists were taking part in a search.
A search to recover the past, or rather, to find the origin of human life.
Little do they know that this origin just might end human life.
They find ancient murals from civilizations, and these civilizations date thousands of years apart from each other.
All point to a stellar system in the sky.

Near the 2080s, they find an exact match to this system and find a planet with livable conditions, JUST LIKE Earth.
This is where they go.

I tell you it's freaking scary.
Don't go see it unless you have the guts.

If anyone wants to know anything that they did not understand after they saw the movie, feel free to PM me.
I'm sort of an expert on this movie now. Heh.

But yeah, my thoughts:
I think it's a really great movie. Why? It has a huge backstory with a lot of logic behind it.
If you truly understand everything that happens in the movie, it's like a whole reshaping on humanity's history and origins.

Glad
06-30-2012, 07:37 PM
I saw it and it wasn't scary :D

Zaonabiuibil
06-30-2012, 07:40 PM
I loved it! It did remind me of the original Alien from, 1979? Very good, made me more pumped for the SL infested deck event!

ImHawk
06-30-2012, 07:49 PM
Not that scary but it is in a sense..
Anyways great movie!
I wonde when the Prometheus items will come......

Paladinslaya
06-30-2012, 07:51 PM
I saw it. It was AWESOME! My friends on Facebook explained the backstory and logic behind it and it got a whole lot cooler from there on :-)

Kixxler
06-30-2012, 10:16 PM
I didn't really enjoy the movie, because it didn't answer many of the mysteries the archaeologists were trying to reveal.
But I enjoyed seeing women ripping alien baby octopuses from their abdomen through unauthorized robot surgery.
And that alien was RIPPED.

Skeletonlord
07-01-2012, 07:35 AM
On my list of films to see in the future, I will probably wait until it comes out on DVD!

Ardon
07-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Decent film but was filled with some idiotic things that just put me off

CrimsonTider
07-01-2012, 09:00 AM
I didn't really enjoy the movie, because it didn't answer many of the mysteries the archaeologists were trying to reveal.

The reason why we have 3 Aliens movies.

It was a really good movie. Set the table for those of us who watched Alien when I was younger. (Wow... Im old.) ;)

Sryyoulose
07-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Nope looks pretty boss though!

OvigorothO
07-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Whirlz you said it takes place in the 2080's but if my memory serves i remember it was in the early 2090's?

Urqui
07-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Ty for putting 'spoiler' in caps:p I didn't read your post :D
Need to see this movie soon>.<!

Jblazer
07-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Havent even heard of it

Whirlzap
07-01-2012, 10:14 PM
I wish they made a sequel so badly.
It's the closest thing in Sci-Fi next to Alien for a while now...

rinzler
07-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Soo creepy and awesome! I didn't even know it had connection to the Alien movies until the very end!

ArtStar
07-01-2012, 11:10 PM
It wasn't scary :P lol I saw it and it was pretty awesome I liked it.
It was funny the people in front of me were all complaining:
" what the ff, that thing looks like a rip off of Alien!" (at the very end)
I SMH and told them that it was a prequel lol.

The Flash
07-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Soo creepy and awesome! I didn't even know it had connection to the Alien movies until the very end!

@-@ really.
Guess you never seen any alien movies. And this shouldn't remind you of the alien movie it is a alien movie(the one before alien 1)

ArtStar
07-02-2012, 11:07 AM
@-@ really.
Guess you never seen any alien movies. And this shouldn't remind you of the alien movie it is a alien movie(the one before alien 1)

I sense a grumpy gruff Alien fan :P

Whirlzap
07-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Hey the Alien queen was awesome. Loved those three movies.
I even saw all the Predator films and then watched the two Aliens VS Predators films.

Prometheus has WAY more backstory and scientific logic/plot idea.
That's way I love it more.
Although now I'll have to either play PL all night or keep my nightlight on.
LOL.