PDA

View Full Version : Urban Legend?

Battlegrinder
06-30-2012, 08:29 PM
I've finally reached the shipyard campaign, and I'm hearing from lvl 35-41 players that opening crates makes bosses (particularly mysterious figure) drop weaker items. It sounds fishy to me, and I'm wondering if anyone knows if its true and where it comes from. My best guess is people don't open crates because of the time it takes to open them, and this rumor grew out of a group that didn't open any getting a great drop and the story took off from there. Anyway, if someone knows the truth about this, I'd appreciate any information.

Airity
06-30-2012, 08:32 PM
It's not true, nothing affects drop rates aside from luck enhancers.

ImHawk
These are just myths...
Opening crates don't reduce the chance of getting rares...
After all, I had a X-Ray drop in a crate in Numa..

Ardon
Its all BS. Drops are random and aren't effected by anything like opening or not opening crates.

Commanderkeen
06-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Its all BS. Drops are random and aren't effected by anything like opening or not opening crates.

Like Ardon said that's all BS if you wanna see a real urban legend go to Voleria and on the beaches you can actually see Nessy.

akfury
06-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Like Ardon said that's all BS if you wanna see a real urban legend go to Voleria and on the beaches you can actually see Nessy.

really ???? wow im not observant

Commanderkeen
06-30-2012, 09:08 PM
really ???? wow im not observant

XD No I'm joking lol you guys will believe anything.

But there is one urban legend that is true I've seen it several time there's a yeti that roams the halls of Blackstar late at night but I haven't seen him in awhile he had the name Bodmasta above his name.

javier995
07-01-2012, 12:22 AM

But there is one urban legend that is true I've seen it several time there's a yeti that roams the halls of Blackstar late at night but I haven't seen him in awhile he had the name Bodmasta above his name.

I think he was joking lol..

And lies! That's no yeti... Bod just forgot to shave is all.

But... If it is a yeti... *grabs gun*.. Boys lets go catch us a yeti!

akfury
07-01-2012, 01:54 AM
I'm up for a yeti hunt ... And dude do you get sarcasm ? I was joking -.-

Iron Hand
07-01-2012, 02:08 AM
Not true ... Opening chests or wearing a certain armor or waving at the boss does not do anything to change the drop tables. So open all chests blow up all bombs and feel free to blow by ppl to kill the boss for prize. There is no magic code or secret way to better the loot you recieve other than luck elixir. So feel free to do whatever you wish as long as you kill the boss so you can at least get a drop... So no leaving map before boss dies then returning just before it dies does not increase chance of rare loot. All are wives tales and rumors that are not true.

Technique
07-01-2012, 04:52 AM
Everyone knows that if you kill the boss on the second Wednesday of the month and 8:36pm and do the dance emote three times then wave twice right before he dies that you will for sure get a nova.

Corpser
07-01-2012, 04:55 AM
Everyone knows that if you kill the boss on the second Wednesday of the month and 8:36pm and do the dance emote three times then wave twice right before he dies that you will for sure get a nova.

I know im waiting for that. im glad its coming soon i was beginning to lose patience

KillaSkillz
07-01-2012, 07:04 AM
There is some truth. Those six bombs in the boss room make a difference. we always get junk with 3 or less, and usually good purples with 6 or even 5 bombs left when you kill him.

Boxes don't matter at all, niether does bathing in vular blood right before the run.

HunterSLAYER
07-01-2012, 08:38 AM
There's a guaranteed ELITE CHEST/BOX/watever u call it @ Voleria First Lv after the governor's troops are rescued. I've seen a blue shirt drop from it once.

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

*Zero*
07-01-2012, 08:55 AM
I love myths. And also bod has been captured by a evil group. They won't let him ever come back. FREE BODMASTA!!!!!

Commanderkeen
07-01-2012, 09:51 AM
I'm up for a yeti hunt ... And dude do you get sarcasm ? I was joking -.-

Kind of hard to get sarcasm when you can't hear the tone in peoples voice.

HunterSLAYER
07-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Kind of hard to get sarcasm when you can't hear the tone in peoples voice.

I know when the Prometheus event would start.....in 3012 when Promethus II is released <.<

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Urqui
07-01-2012, 10:17 AM
It's really not true
But you should see how people flip out when you do lol

bronislav84
07-01-2012, 10:21 AM

I think he was joking lol..

And lies! That's no yeti... Bod just forgot to shave is all.

But... If it is a yeti... *grabs gun*.. Boys lets go catch us a yeti!Bod still plays SL? I thought he quit.

Commanderkeen
07-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Bod still plays SL? I thought he quit.

No he didn't quit you will most likely see him whenever the new content arrives. If you ever play DL you will see him there from time to time.

Cero
07-01-2012, 11:49 AM
lets do mythbusting. . . .

but as the people above says, its busted.

*Zero*
07-02-2012, 07:56 AM
No he didn't quit you will most likely see him whenever the new content arrives. If you ever play DL you will see him there from time to time.

Don't bet on it. Jus sayin.

Libertie
07-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Man.. some people, though, I don't care how many times you tell them this they refuse to believe it. I don't know where they got this idea from in the first place, but it's not worth arguing with them over - they'll believe what they want to believe and if they leave your room because of it then good riddance IMO.