PDA

View Full Version : 71 Elite Cap Bonus

Buddyf97
06-30-2012, 11:12 PM
Lets try and get a dev answer!
Can we expect the level 71 Elite Vanity to give a set bonus with previous elite vanities?

undertheradar
06-30-2012, 11:17 PM
Nope.

CrimsonTider
06-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Nope.

And you proof? Please don't respond in absolutes without precise knowledge.

Guess we will know in a few days Buddy!

TEOKILLO
06-30-2012, 11:23 PM
I think it's better that there isn't a bonus with past vanities so it gives everyone a chance to get a 3 piece set, if u wanna keep ur vanity set useful, I'd make it a twink and lvl a new toon with no current elite vanities

Buffedbear Pl
06-30-2012, 11:27 PM
I'll have to say a blunt no.

If you weren't here before Mt. Fang and got the armor, well, you have it and new players don't. If you're still playing when cap is 86 or so, MFA is a thing of the past. It might be a nice trophy for you.

I only have CoP, I really don't need +15 armor and a few regen :p

Lowlyspy
06-30-2012, 11:42 PM
O mai GAWD! Can we just drop this?? I just don't care anymore lol. At this rate i say just get rid of the bonus all together and make them real vanities.

LwMark
06-30-2012, 11:43 PM
Lets just wait till next week..we should be happy then

styg2012
06-30-2012, 11:45 PM
These is a bonus atm. But worse than previous set bonus which doesn't make sense. I think it's a bug. hopefully they dont give bonus with previous vanities.

thecrankybearsam
06-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Errr ask the devs lol

LwMark
07-01-2012, 12:20 AM
All elites should have a bonus mixed with anyone u have..it makes running for caps that much better..an worth our money :)

Elyseon
07-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Should be separate so they match good ;D

styg2012
07-01-2012, 12:33 AM
Should be separate so they match good ;D

This

vampinoy
07-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Oh look this topic again...there was an entire thread about this that ran its course because people just sort of agreed to disagree. The expansion has been out for 2 weeks, and players started capping as early as the first and second day, and this is one of the initial questions asked, will the new elite vanity add bonus when worn with previous elite vanities? There were many bugs and glitches that came out succeeding that initial "question", and impressively, our devs have been on top of them. But "the" question remains untouched and I could only assume that it's because it was already answered "that there's no bonus". I also asked that question actually, but after analyzing things I thought that there's no better answer than action, or rather in this case, inaction. If the bonus was meant to be, the devs would have apologized, and it would have been there by now. If they could deliver a new elite vanity that eats up more bandwidth and takes more time to produce, then they are more than capable of adding that bonus...but they didn't, did they forget it? I don't think so, they did that on purpose. So to the question will the 71 elite cap vanity have a bonus? I think the answer can already be found in the game, the devs are obviously not treating this particular issue as a problem that needs to be solved or a feature that they overlooked, so you can assume that what we have now is the final product as far as this issue is concerned. So, unless some sort of virtual uprising happens within PL, I don't think we should expect them to add a bonus.

PS: I would also appreciate if a dev publicly answers this though, just to end this, so people can go back to that answer every time someone revives this issue.

Whirlzap
07-01-2012, 01:10 AM
Seriously, QUIT making threads like these.

There have already been like 3 of these threads and developers would have said something by now.
There will most likely NOT be a bonus.
It's like asking for something over and over again but knowing you're probably not going to get it.

Buddyf97
07-01-2012, 01:28 AM
Seriously, QUIT making threads like these.

There have already been like 3 of these threads and developers would have said something by now.
There will most likely NOT be a bonus.
It's like asking for something over and over again but knowing you're probably not going to get it.
We are not asking for the bonus. We are asking for clarification, and if you will/will not get a bonus. This actually effects a lot of people on whether or not they are going chase the cap.

Buffedbear Pl
07-01-2012, 01:34 AM
We are not asking for the bonus. We are asking for clarification, and if you will/will not get a bonus. This actually effects a lot of people on whether or not they are going chase the cap.

No.

Mageprodigy
07-01-2012, 10:18 AM
I think not.

Drizzid
07-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Exactly. Im holding off, no point in running through plat if all i get is a useless vanity helm to go with my useless fang armor.

Whirlzap
07-01-2012, 06:54 PM

Agh, great thing you didn't go and get offended by this.
Sorry for my badly worded post that makes it look offensive.

Basically I just wanted to say that if the developers wanted some bonus to have been produced, it would have been announced by now, since there have been several threads on this already.

Swimmingstar
07-01-2012, 06:57 PM
I'll have to say a blunt no.

If you weren't here before Mt. Fang and got the armor, well, you have it and new players don't. If you're still playing when cap is 86 or so, MFA is a thing of the past. It might be a nice trophy for you.

I only have CoP, I really don't need +15 armor and a few regen :p
Too bad the MFA was almost given away when Humania came... 2k xp for something some people more than 200x harder on...

Xionskull
07-01-2012, 07:14 PM
To answer the question in the title, I remember posting something saying to people who where complaining that it was a helm not a pet that equip this will get you epic sparkles and different combinations of elite vanities and I DID get support from a dev on it. I'm trying to find the thread now.

Phoenixking
07-01-2012, 07:39 PM
No.
What do you mean by no

Luvaria
07-02-2012, 05:21 AM
I really hope after crafting comes next week they do give elite bonuses with new helm:) Just like the Humania sets too. If not, that's so unfair to those who ONLY have Mt Fang armor...

I know it's off topic, but does anybody know if the people who got the Mt Fang Armor after Humania's release get them taken away? This person said he didn't get his taken away. So not sure if it's true or if he's trolling me:confused:

They were taken away I have two friends that did that =P

Buffedbear Pl
07-02-2012, 01:36 PM
What do you mean by no

No as in you're not going to get a bonus with Humania Helm + other elite vanities

WoundedEagle
07-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Wow; some of you guys were really rude. Buddy is just trying to find out whether or not the newest Vanity Helm will interact with previous Elite Cap vanities. Sure, its most likely no; but none of you have proof, nor any more knowledge than anyone else. So what if a million threads about the same thing are made. None of them have been answered. Relax and stop flaming the guy.

onemadzhau
07-02-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm thinking it will be part of the bonus (not there yet don't know) because like Sam had said the main difference between the 2 (56&71) is recognition so with that being said I think it will have the bonus and hey you never know ........craftable

Techno Email
07-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Hello,

Techno Email here with the word on elite vanity stat bonuses. It is my intent that the elite level 71 helm, and all vanity items going forward, will serve only to change your character's appearance. This is not to say that vanity items will become inherently less cool. In fact, I'd love to hear your ideas for exciting visuals that and elite player could wear to help differentiate them from the masses.

Here are a couple of totally crazy ideas just to get your creative, brainstorming juices flowing:
-Imagine if the elite level 71 helm granted you access to secret area or granted you a special quest.
-Imagine if the "Volcoconut" helm had a chance to emit a volcanic-eruption when you used your firestorm ability.

Something to consider:
A vanity item can allow you to change the appearance of your character, while maintaining the stat's from your stat'd gear. How many of you would happily give up your elite vanity items AND their set bonus in exchange for true vanity items and perhaps a ring with a even greater stat's?

Lowlyspy
07-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Hello,

Techno Email here with the word on elite vanity stat bonuses. It is my intent that the elite level 71 helm, and all vanity items going forward, will serve only to change your character's appearance. This is not to say that vanity items will become inherently less cool. In fact, I'd love to hear your ideas for exciting visuals that and elite player could wear to help differentiate them from the masses.

Here are a couple of totally crazy ideas just to get your creative, brainstorming juices flowing:
-Imagine if the elite level 71 helm granted you access to secret area or granted you a special quest.
-Imagine if the "Volcoconut" helm had a chance to emit a volcanic-eruption when you used your firestorm ability.

Something to consider:
A vanity item can allow you to change the appearance of your character, while maintaining the stat's from your stat'd gear. How many of you would happily give up your elite vanity items AND their set bonus in exchange for true vanity items and perhaps a ring with a even greater stat's?

I'm all good with making the elite vanities what their name defines them as ^_^

Bilaxman
07-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Could any combination of elite items perhaps give sparkles at least? I like the sparkles xD

WoundedEagle
07-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Hello,

Something to consider:

Hundreds of dollars spent and hours of time used only to give a vanities that alter your appearance. Pardon me, but no thank you. If you choose to make the L71 Vanity Cap and Elite Vanities in the future statless, that's fine. But I beg of you not to mess with any of the L56, L61, and L66 Elite Vanities.

Honestly, I'd like to see the Elite Vanities stashable and/or have no level requirement (even if no stats).

onemadzhau
07-02-2012, 07:27 PM
I have one thing to say now I know its like this ...garbage ill save a lot of money not buying thrashers why get to 71 if all of a sudden the future elite vanities are gonna do nothing but "ooooooh its pretty" whatever ill save money btw I spent $600 in this process chasing vanities ....whatever. sorry guys little dissapointed

Lowlyspy
07-02-2012, 07:29 PM
I have one thing to say now I know its like this ...garbage ill save a lot of money not buying thrashers why get to 71 if all of a sudden the future elite vanities are gonna do nothing but "ooooooh its pretty" whatever ill save money btw I spent $600 in this process chasing vanities ....whatever. sorry guys little dissapointed
If you don't like that you won't get a bonus then don't go for the cap, simple as that.

onemadzhau
07-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Sorry for my rant but just seems I'm coming up short when I feel I'm close to doing something here in the wonderful land of pl but will still save my money now

Glad
07-02-2012, 07:35 PM
I like stats :D

Buddyf97
07-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Hello,

Something to consider:
Thanks! I am grateful just to get a response.
The special dungeon is awesome! Maybe free access to the Premium Boss maps? Since we spent not only tons of platinum, but hours of our time!

onemadzhau
07-02-2012, 07:39 PM
If you don't like that you won't get a bonus then don't go for the cap, simple as that.

It's always easy to have that response but....its never that easy and of course I will not be chasing it but it was a nice prize to shoot for

Dynastu
07-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Hello,

Something to consider:

If vanities going forward are not to give set bonuses, then there will be nothing to oppose the current 56/61/66 vanity set. My recommendation (and I'm sure many are opposed) would be to (PLEASE) take away the set bonus from that vanity set, and perhaps let the sparkles remain. Maybe some other perk for the hard work.

Another thing I'd like to bring up:
Currently, all store bought vanity helms (excluding the OCD, as it is newer) give 1 armor. 2011 Big Luck/Love and all party hats of any size, excluding the purple ambassador party hat, give approximately ~1.5 armor. Depending on your stats, this can round up to +2 armor. So, currently, we have vanities that give no armor, 1 armor, and 2 armor. Would you be taking away vanity stats, or changing all of them to +1 armor, or what? Just wondering.

I'd definitely vouch for vanities being VANITIES. Not exclusive stat giving items. It's just one step closer to balancing pvp, etc. It is nothing but beneficial overall, even if some people are upset that they lose their exclusive 3 piece item set. As for the rings with greater stats, YES!

Devs, please take all players into consideration and get rid of the old 3 piece ("vanity..?") item set bonus. Keeping the sparkles would be nice though :D. Thanks!

EDIT: (and lol techno email said volcoconut! This helm needs a rename... ;))

Energizeric
07-02-2012, 09:09 PM
I don't know why everyone is in such a rush. I've never spent any plat on these xp elixers. I'm lvl66 now, and I'm sure I'll get to lvl71 with plenty of time to spare. I just keep farming humania for pinks and pick up xp on the way. Try to enjoy the ride and stop worrying so much!

Energizeric
07-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Also, I agree with not having exclusive vanities which give stats. Instead, why not make more vanities like the dragon armor/helm. These can give stats, but can be very rare drops that any player can work hard to get (by either farming or saving gold to buy them).

Techno Email
07-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Could any combination of elite items perhaps give sparkles at least? I like the sparkles xD

Absolutely! The people deserve sparkles, and so you shall have sparkles! :D

Lowlyspy
07-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Absolutely! The people deserve sparkles, and so you shall have sparkles! :D

Yay, compromise!

vampinoy
07-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Hello,

Something to consider:

Here are some of my inputs:

1. On exciting visuals: Anything that has movement is exciting i.e. when you "revenge" after dying, flapping wings, gust of wind sprites, afterimage effect, ethereal wings
2. Have two pet slots: One is normal pet that we have now, other is a mountable pet (aka elite pet), that should differentiate them from the masses having two pets
3. I'm all for vanity items being just vanities, first step in balancing the game, everyone should have access if a stat is involved
4. Allow for gender change
4. Agree on ring upgrades (finally!)
5. Add more ring slots for customization (at least 3 ring slots to make a set). Or it could be a ring, necklace, and bracelet (as long as accessory)
6. Lootable vanities aside from hooch hat
7. Lootable rings (should be better than the one in store)
8. Have item set rings (or accessories) if worn together will give a bonus stat, should replace the elite vanity set bonus stat. The more rings (accessories), more combinations, more exploration.

Techno Email
07-03-2012, 12:20 PM
They were taken away I have two friends that did that =P

That's correct.

Techno Email
07-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Hundreds of dollars spent and hours of time used only to give a vanities that alter your appearance. Pardon me, but no thank you. If you choose to make the L71 Vanity Cap and Elite Vanities in the future statless, that's fine. But I beg of you not to mess with any of the L56, L61, and L66 Elite Vanities.

Honestly, I'd like to see the Elite Vanities stashable and/or have no level requirement (even if no stats).

We will not take away, alter or remove the set bonuses from your existing elite vanities. You earned them and we will not be taking them away. :applause:

That being said, we can reward you with any kind of item for reaching the level cap, it doesn't have to be a vanity. If you guys would prefer a stat'd non-vanity item next time around, we will absolutely take that into consideration. We have ways of making you happy, and will do everything in our power to make it happen! :devilish: Yes, I think that is a threat... At least it resembles a threat. :playful: Muahahaha!!! :chuncky:

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 12:53 PM
...If you guys would prefer a stat'd non-vanity item next time around, we will absolutely take that into consideration.....

Yes, this idea is much much better! I still suffer with my dilemma of whether or not to wear my big luck vanity. It looks goofy and I prefer to wear the helm which matches my set, but at the same time I want the luck bonus. I would prefer if there was a non-vanity item which I could equip which would give me the luck bonus but not alter my appearance. And the same goes for other stat-boosting items.

CrimsonTider
07-03-2012, 01:04 PM
How soon people forget how the COP/SOH bonus was added weeks after Nuri's was released. If you grinded for the "bonuses", then you are not being completely honest.

@Technoemail - thank you for some timely responses as of late.

Chopper
07-03-2012, 01:04 PM
We will not take away, alter or remove the set bonuses from your existing elite vanities. You earned them and we will not be taking them away. :applause:

That being said, we can reward you with any kind of item for reaching the level cap, it doesn't have to be a vanity. If you guys would prefer a stat'd non-vanity item next time around, we will absolutely take that into consideration. We have ways of making you happy, and will do everything in our power to make it happen! :devilish: Yes, I think that is a threat... At least it resembles a threat. :playful: Muahahaha!!! :chuncky:

just make it work with the previous Elite Vanities to give a bonus. A lot of people feeling misled about the Fang armour and all the promotion of it, will turn back into happy loyal customers when you do that please! :)

Brave Sir Robin
07-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Hello,

Something to consider:

Thanks for replying to this thread and clarifying the situation :positive:. I would like to ask some questions:

Could you please elaborate on why you suddenly decided to change your policy on elite cap vanities? I am sorry, but I could not understand this from your post :confusion:.
Most importantly, why does this change affect only newer players. As other people stated, the 56/61/66 bonus obviously causes imbalance both in PvP and PvE.

I also believe you introduced another stat-bonus-giving vanity shortly before the release of Humania (Dragons). How is this consistent with your recent turn to non-stat bonus vanities.

I fully support the opinion that vanities should be just for the looks. But this rule should apply for all, else the game is not fair I am afraid. However, I can not suggest the removal of any vanity set bonus - those who got it definitely earned it, even paid for it. Since you decided to adopt a vanity cap bonus policy, I would kindly like to ask you to be consistent and stick with it :pirate:.

If this is not possible, could you please consider introducing a way for non 56/61/66 vanity holders to counter the following significant vanity bonus (for the sake of in-game balance and fair play):

Two Piece Set bonus: +50 Health, +10 Armor, +5 Dodge
Three Piece Set bonus: +55 Health, +15 Armor, +5 Dodge, +1 Crit

Regarding your thoughts about "exciting visuals that and elite player could wear to help differentiate them from the masses".
That's cool. But I think that in a game like PL, style of play and personality :cool: is what defines the elite player and differentiates them from the masses.
Personality goes a looong way :monkey:.

In closing, I would like to thank you again for taking time to interact with the community. Please keep up the good work on our favourite game :encouragement:.

Zeus
07-03-2012, 06:37 PM

Techno, I'm fine with you taking away the current elite items bonus, but I know many people won't be.

Here's my suggestion:

Go with what STS started, keep giving vanities bonuses. HOWEVER, the main issue people have with vanities is this: Luck based stats are increased.

What to do then? Nerf the existing sets to remove that luck based stat, such as dodge, and give each class a different bonus.

Enchantresses: Mages are not bears, nor are they birds, so why are they getting armor and dodge? They are defined as the support class, so give them support class bonuses.

Bears: Armor, HS, Hit % are all not luck based stats (to a certain degree), so give bears a bonus with that.

Birds: Dodge is all they have, so I would be fine with a little dodge, but not too much. Otherwise, do as there role states, which is the DPS class. Give them the crit and damage that they need.

Classes begin to become unbalanced when class specific stats start mixing in with other classes which only extrapolates with the current vanity sets & angel gear.

If something like this could be done, I'm sure many people would appreciate it.

Suentous PO
07-03-2012, 07:00 PM
In other games there's a term "minmaxer", means everything that can be done to boost stats is done by a player. This is my focus generally. If vanities from here on out give no stats, I will not grind all classes as I planned. I go for stats personally, I have enough vanity and random items I can use for looks. I capped all classes in fang in hopes of set bonus. If there was a new ring with those same elite bonus, I'd buy and get back to farming instead. I'm not complaining just sayin, I don't play for days for looks.

RedRyder
07-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Welp, I still wasted a lot of money getting mt fang armors for two characters, expecting a bonus with the next item. Never again

Buffedbear Pl
07-03-2012, 07:18 PM

I think for the next cap we should have a statted non-vanity item with a bit better stats than the crafted item, like COP in Sewer days. Then when the next cap comes after that, we should be able to turn it into a vanity.

slaveleia
07-03-2012, 08:15 PM

If you see this devs...Please reward me! & make me happy with the Mantle of Humania...volcano helm...Mr. Techno email...I will not give up on it. I still want it.

Deeci
07-03-2012, 08:29 PM
I dont think vanity sets upset the balence of pvp. I think they deserve to use it after hardwork. And it isnt bad taking down a vanity toon in pvp.

slaveleia
07-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Hello,

Something to consider:

Omg!!! Yes, I would love to have the Volcoconut helm that would emit a volcanic eruption!! That would be so cool, so epic...I can't believe it! What an idea, as everybody knows here on the forums...Ive been crazy about trying to get the Mantle of Humania...at least the devs are thinking about using the Volcoconut & not abandoning it like Samhayne said...I am so happy to hear that. Can't wait for that...I probably want that Mantle more than anything it the game right now besides Red Dragon armor set. lolol

Glad
07-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Mantle?

slaveleia
07-04-2012, 02:32 PM
@Glad....yeah the original level 71 cap vanity helm that was available for the first 4 days of the Humania campaign. I believe someone who owns it said it was officially called the "Mantle of Humania" in their stash. Most people refer to it as the Volcano helm or Volcoconut...