PDA

View Full Version : Been seeing this kind of stuff waaaay too often lately

NECROREAPER
07-01-2012, 01:18 AM
I know this thread will more than likely get locked, and yes you're probably saying "he should know better."

I've been seeing this far too often in game lately; people abusing the chat filter, being highly insensitive about others feelings/beliefs/backgrounds, verbal abuse, and blatant disregard for others in general. Normally I do the regular routine: warn, screenie, report, and be on my way, but this time things went too far.

My main intent of this thread is to garner the devs/mods/supoort's attention and please STOP people like this from being in game. I've reported people like this many times before and seen them around a few weeks later, which leads me to believe that either they take way too long to act upon serious reports or they're simply dismissing them.

The worst part is, these people know what they're doing is wrong, and they're getting away with it.

*WARNING*
Some of these images may upset you

TEOKILLO
07-01-2012, 01:23 AM
O.o

TechniShock
07-01-2012, 01:24 AM
Those people are nonsense -.- I've seen people asking this many times before:" looking for bf( or gf) in game"

TANKKAAR
07-01-2012, 01:26 AM
I have the most disgusted feeling right now.... Stupid kids these days...

Buddyf97
I have reported one of them. Hopefully the ban hammer will do its job!

Blind
Lol bro if only you knew how many morons i've reported for this kind of stuff. Sts doesn't do anything most of the time.

If these retards buy plat then they are almost immune to bans.

Blind
07-01-2012, 01:29 AM
First person to say "It's not good to call out names" is gonna get mentally smashed in the face by me.

Buddyf97
07-01-2012, 01:30 AM
What sickens me is the people laughing and encouraging it...

NECROREAPER
07-01-2012, 01:34 AM
First person to say "It's not good to call out names" is gonna get mentally smashed in the face by me.

This.

At this point,I don't care about them at all. Oh and RushorGTFO wanted me to let everyone know that hes proud that these people are in his guild.

Kaytar
07-01-2012, 01:35 AM
Woundedeagle and I saw this kid in balefort earlier today

Nick41324
07-01-2012, 01:36 AM
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x428/nick41324/Dinkleberg.jpg

Buddyf97
07-01-2012, 01:36 AM
This.

At this point,I don't care about them at all. Oh and RushorGTFO wanted me to let everyone know that hes proud that these people are in his guild.
Disgusting... Enough said...

TEOKILLO
07-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Lol theres also this other guy named loserxx in that guild, surprised that rush and most of the ppl
In his guild arent banned

Lowlyspy
07-01-2012, 01:56 AM
Just.....wow.

Zelthox
07-01-2012, 02:21 AM
What worries me is that kids and young teens are exposed to this kind of stuff and some of them might actually think this kind of crap is acceptable since others might find it funny, Then
they might want to tell their friends. It just poisons minds and stuff like this should be taken very seriously.

Wthlite
07-01-2012, 02:25 AM
http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q603/Taitsteinbrenner/aefd82c7.jpg In a more serious matter, These people obviously went alot further then they should have, discriminating a race. Space time studios does its best to ban people, but since there are so many language abusive reports, its hard for them to get them all. If any of you find this content disturbing and unacceptable then email spacetime, some issues cant be solved right away.

NECROREAPER
07-01-2012, 02:49 AM
In a more serious matter, These people obviously went alot further then they should have, discriminating a race. Space time studios does its best to ban people, but since there are so many language abusive reports, its hard for them to get them all. If any of you find this content disturbing and unacceptable then email spacetime, some issues cant be solved right away.

Anytime I do a report (sans name reports) they're always by email, and I usually see the offender around a few days/weeks later doing the Same thing they got reported for.

What also happens a lot is that I usually tell someone that reported them and I wont see them for a few weeks, and then one day out of the blue they'll be back and tell me,

"Hey, I remember you, you got me banned."

For some reason though, they're unbanned :/

McBain
07-01-2012, 03:07 AM
These people are sad and obviously attention starved. The best thing to do is report them, ignore them, and get on with your life. Responding to them whatsoever just gives them the attention they so desperately crave and adds fuel to the fire.

Patricks
07-01-2012, 03:15 AM
This is just how online stuff is. Lots of wierdos and crazies you normally wouldn't hv the displeasure of dealing with in real life are around. Just report it, then ignore it and move on cause engaging them and posting these things on the forum will only give them the attention they are obviously craving, which just exacerbates the problem.

Edit: haha the person above me posted almost the exact same thing as me while I was typing.

Urqui
07-01-2012, 03:30 AM
Nick ROFL that's awesome

But these kids are the same ones that are gonna beg devs for an unbanning :rolleyes:
There should be a feature that gets you an hour ban if youre reported more than 5 or 10 times in 1 day. Maybe they'll learn then...

Glad
07-01-2012, 05:37 AM
Ntm is Zoryon...

LwMark
07-01-2012, 06:17 AM
To think i bought a item from one of those people smh. Ive been seeing this alot all over also.doesnt seem luke much happens. You can tell whem people are joking having fun but this is well not cool at all

CrimsonTider
07-01-2012, 06:29 AM
Good for you bro!

I, like you, am sick of this. One reason STS doesn't recieve extra income from my four children to play this game is because of what you have already stated: reporting doesn't do anything anymore. And people know it. Kids, and adults, have gotten so arogant, tbey feel invincible and beg you to report them. I have had people hunt me down days after I report them to say "Ha!" As Blind said, you see that Founder's Helmon his head, it means he/she's probably spent a ton on game and nothing will happen.

I try to let certain things go even tho I could report a lot more than I do. However, the more STS ignores this issue, the more likely I will become someone that either just mutes the idiot or leaves thr town.

Also, by looking at the name of the guild, it doesn't surprise me one bit. If he reads this, sorry Rush, but it's true. His but should have been kicked out of your guild INSTANTLY instead of standing there like an idiot and laughing. (Yes, stuff like this pisses me off!)

brodiniozo
07-01-2012, 06:33 AM
Ntm is Zoryon...

Hahaha. Good ol' poor zoryon. I guess hes raging on a new char bcus hes so hated.

NotYoCookiez
07-01-2012, 07:01 AM
Sigh... This is horrible. And unfortunately this isn't the first time I've seen this.

This game is suppose to be for 13+ anyways but you and I both know kids can still get in touch with this game.

However, you kinda did wrong in getting into the argument which encouraged it. The best thing is just pm them to stop and relax and report them for their vulgar. Encouragement is a big reason why so many people countinue to do this. Noticed how there is like 3 guys being immature here, if it was just one they wouldn't have support to keep going.

Anyways, this type of stuff will happen EVERYWHERE not only in games but real life. You walk to a kids store and you might hear someone curse. The best this to do is just ignore it and do what you do. No need to part take as it may add fuel to the fire. It's our job to be mature enough to handle this.

I'm sure STS is doing something.

demoncrate
07-01-2012, 07:30 AM
I actually heard the beginning of the conversation. One of those idiots was planning to namechange to hitler and say that. I was going to find his avi and report but got dc.

Windwaiker
07-01-2012, 07:38 AM
This game is actually rated 9+ in the Apple app store.

The best one can do is report, don't even tell the offender that they're reported. I believe that people have been insulting too long without proper punishment, as other posters have suggested, that they aren't afraid of losing their account and work. It's basically a part of PL life, and it's hard to not do through one day without someone saying something bad.
I don't understand why people think it's fine to have this behavior online. The only thing they're doing is making themselves fools to the majority of people.

Cahaun
07-01-2012, 07:53 AM
This game is actually rated 9+ in the Apple app store.

The best one can do is report, don't even tell the offender that they're reported. I believe that people have been insulting too long without proper punishment, as other posters have suggested, that they aren't afraid of losing their account and work. It's basically a part of PL life, and it's hard to not do through one day without someone saying something bad.
I don't understand why people think it's fine to have this behavior online. The only thing they're doing is making themselves fools to the majority of people.
The game is really 13+ immediately due to chat and other things. (Mostly chat)
IT'S THE LAW

Jewelsofjane
07-01-2012, 08:38 AM
For the record before this thread was posted, they were booted out of our guild. Loserxx also has been booted from our guild quite awhile ago.

I can say when I questioned Rush about what was going on at the time he said: "They are going to get banned." He had already given them a warning and told them to stop. I personally saw Rush boot him from our guild, and just saying "they are in my guild" does not mean Rush was proud to have them in there at all. If anything he was enjoying watching them dig their own grave. When someone is offended (and rightfully so), it can be hard to pick out ones intentions.

@lwmark- u tried to undercut a 1.5mil item to 400k. Saying someone in your guild would practically give it for free. When that didn't work, you came back again. You offended him the first time so ya he raised the price... That's why you "almost" bought it from him.

On actual topic, I'm not sure what you expect sts to do. Obviously these guys need banned... But pertaining to the filter. You call out sts as if there is something more they can do. They have thousands of players. They can not patrol every player who may or may not abuse the filter. That's why they have the player report system. Sts is actually very good about banning people like this compared to other games and their chat filter is actually quite good. Players will always find a way to abuse it. If sts makes the chat filter stronger, everyone here would complain and say their game is hardly enjoyable. Unfortunetly people do exploit the system, but sts wants the majority of us to be able to enjoy our chat without every other word being filtered.

The best thing here would have been to use the player report system as sts has given us players.

Paar
07-01-2012, 08:44 AM
... That made me sick to my stomach. It's almost as bad in DL as in PL, but They may be close to the same. I tell you what our generation (14+) is just getting so immature, inappropriate, and out of line. They take things to far. Even adults, None on the forums I'm sure, but even adults in game feel like they are 13 behind a computer and say whatever they want. I respect you greatly Necro for this thread, and hope something will be done about this.

Ardon
07-01-2012, 08:46 AM
Exactly why I suggested that there be community GM's in this game. They'd be able to mute, ban within reason.

Buster
07-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Guys i spoke with them and they promised that they will tone it down if you see them doing this kind of stuff again pm me in game my ign is queenoftheys

XghostzX
07-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Are you kidding me? Necro, you have right to post this on the forums. I reported NTM three weeks ago because he kept making fun of me by calling me a Jew.

I have to agree 100% with what Blind said too.

Whirlzap
07-01-2012, 09:27 AM
This.

Quite disappointed in Rush.

Sryyoulose
07-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Nick ROFL that's awesome

But these kids are the same ones that are gonna beg devs for an unbanning :rolleyes:
There should be a feature that gets you an hour ban if youre reported more than 5 or 10 times in 1 day. Maybe they'll learn then...
That'd be abused to much...
People would say to there guild... Hey report this guy I don't like him...

RedRyder
07-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Hitlerisback and naziiwhatever need to GO. The love of my life, Regina Spektor, is Jewish!

Sryyoulose
07-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Are you kidding me? Necro, you have right to post this on the forums. I reported NTM three weeks ago because he kept making fun of me by calling me a Jew.

I have to agree 100% with what Blind said too.
Does this have anything to do with Adam calling you a Jew? He makes nicknames for everybody and by no means does he mean offense... I mean he calls me: Most Annoying Person In the world. And Puppet XD

XghostzX
07-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Does this have anything to do with Adam calling you a Jew? He makes nicknames for everybody and by no means does he mean offense... I mean he calls me: Most Annoying Person In the world. And Puppet XD

Adam is my best bud, I told him to lay off the Jew jokes 'cause sometimes he over uses them. He respects that, but one time in town he called me a Jew and NTM said, "Hahahah Ghost is Hitler!"

Paladinslaya
07-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Thats sad. I pty them. They wana kill Jews because they killed Jesus??????????? They need to read The Bible. All of u Christians out there please pray for them.

nmyxspaceship
07-01-2012, 12:19 PM
LOL @Red. I knew you would have something to say to this.

I do hate this. It's like the bus monitor that was harassed by those kids. Are parents just totally disregarding or encouraging that kind of behavior? I also can't stand racial remarks like this. This is the 21th century no race should be able to discriminate against another like that.

@paladin Yes! I'm a pk and I'm lucky enough to grow up in a good home.

I hope sts has a quick response to this. It shouldn't be anywhere.

Reddwing
07-01-2012, 01:11 PM
This is the 20th century no race should be able to discriminate against another like that.
Isn't this the 21st century? There was a lot of racial discrimination in the 20th century. On topic, i agree with everyone and it's REALLY frustrating seeing someone who you reported (and probably got banned) a week later!!!

nmyxspaceship
07-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Lol forgive me it shouldn't of been back then either. I hope sts isn't just ignoring ignorant people like nazii and hitlerisback.

WoundedEagle
07-01-2012, 01:28 PM
I don't know if this interests any of you, but I had asked STS to increase the chat filters strength a few months ago. The response was basically (this is not word for word): "Hey. We know these kind of players need to be punished every now and then. That's why we need reports. The reason we haven't increased the filter is because no matter how much we increase it, people will find ways to get around it." Honestly, what? The only words chat filter blocks are 1) In English and 2) Main words. Some of the words don't even make sense. The chat filter should be increased if they are all about banning the abusers. There's no need for chat like this in a 'kids game'. Yes, adults play it, but a lot of kids do as well.

Jugernugetx
07-01-2012, 01:35 PM
That is, the most, sickening, horrible, disgusting, human disastering things to ever say! >:0 im sorry but if i saw that i wouldnt know what to say! They will get banned.
That is the worst thing i have ever seen or heard of in spacetime studios. Straight out horrible. Gosh... well. You kind of couldve just explained what happened instead of taking pictures..
the only real sensible thing to say is,
~Jugernuget

nmyxspaceship
07-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Increasing it really would help! Censor things like abbreviations or if the letters f and k with a lot of uuuu or even fu* could help.

WhoIsThis
07-01-2012, 01:54 PM
This isn't going to stop unless STS does something with teeth - such as a temp ban for a few days with no chance of appeal. Barring that, this will remain the norm.

McBain
07-01-2012, 02:05 PM
You can't get too heavy with the chat filter, because then it just screws everything up. I mean, I've been muted a bunch of times for just saying completely normal stuff that the system somehow construed as "naughty." I think it's enough to censor the major swear words, and that's about it. At a certain point, people need to be responsible for what they say, and if they aren't, that's what reporting is for. Don't let the jerks make life tougher on everyone else.

WhoIsThis
07-01-2012, 02:10 PM
You can't get too heavy with the chat filter, because then it just screws everything up. I mean, I've been muted a bunch of times for just saying completely normal stuff that the system somehow construed as "naughty." I think it's enough to censor the major swear words, and that's about it. At a certain point, people need to be responsible for what they say, and if they aren't, that's what reporting is for. Don't let the jerks make life tougher on everyone else.

Agreed. I haven't been on in months, but back when I was, the mute system was way to stringent and muted people for things that really shouldn't have been muted. Super strict censors cause more problems than they solve.

MightyMicah
07-01-2012, 02:59 PM
That makes me wanna puke. Honestly I'm pretty lazy when it comes to reporting. I only do it so often. But now I think I may stomp down a little bit more. This is just revolting.

Otukura
07-01-2012, 03:07 PM
I hate to say it, but has anyone ever looked at Runescape filter? The years ago I played it, it was about as good as it could get.

Eg, if you typed F, hit enter, typed U, hit enter, typed C, hit enter, typed K, hit enter, it would go back and put *s for each letter. I can't think of any examples, but it was pretty impossible to get around.

I also don't see the point of a mute.

Shellkaz
07-01-2012, 03:16 PM
First off I want to start out by saying that this type of behavior should be dealt with in the strongest possible manner. Personally I think that a permanent ban is too easy on them. But STS can't do much more than ban the account and the device. All it takes to come back is a new device and account. :-(.

I think that at character creation, certain names should not be allowed. I would have reported the name alone had I seen it in town or in a run.

This would also be a good time to bring up the idea of in game moderators. Basically players that are mature enough to be able to avoid getting into the middle of a conflict, who have the ability to problem solve, and who will sit back and observe and assess a situation and then deal with it for the short term in accordance with sts TOS.

This whole situation could possibly been squashed if an in game moderator could have been called. That in game moderator could have put an extended mute on the player(s) involved, and then filed a report with sts.

There shouldn't be ANYTHING AT ALL to indicate that The play is a moderator. They just quietly do their job and leave.

NECROREAPER
07-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Guys, please don't thank me for the first post, I didn't post it to gather attention to myself, it was to enlighten you about YOUR game that's been going down the drain because of many people like this in game.

Paladinslaya
07-01-2012, 04:48 PM

Ikr

McBain
07-01-2012, 05:06 PM
This would also be a good time to bring up the idea of in game moderators. Basically players that are mature enough to be able to avoid getting into the middle of a conflict, who have the ability to problem solve, and who will sit back and observe and assess a situation and then deal with it for the short term in accordance with sts TOS.

Isn't that what AoA is supposed to be?

NECROREAPER
07-01-2012, 05:09 PM

AoA aren't meant to be player Mods, they're simply greeters to new players in game who are recognized by STS, nothing more.

McBain
07-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Well, I didn't think they were mods exactly, but I thought part of their in-game duties were to help in resolving conflicts and keep the game a happy place, which would apply here I think.

NECROREAPER
07-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Well, I didn't think they were mods exactly, but I thought part of their in-game duties were to help in resolving conflicts and keep the game a happy place, which would apply here I think.

I suppose it could be, but I would say that that's a part of all of our duties as players.

Jblazer
07-01-2012, 05:27 PM
AoA aren't meant to be player Mods, they're simply greeters to new players in game who are recognized by STS, nothing more.
If i'm right they also sometimes fight with new players right?

NECROREAPER
07-01-2012, 05:32 PM
If i'm right they also sometimes fight with new players right?

Everyone does. Don't pin it on AoA alone

*Edit*

Hell, even the devs and mods fight with players

Jblazer
07-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Everyone does. Don't pin it on AoA alone

*Edit*

Hell, even the devs and mods fight with players
Honestly I have only seen 1 AoA who has fought with others,but he is no longer AoA after the removal.

Shellkaz
07-01-2012, 06:10 PM

Actually AoA are primarially helpers, they are there to help new players, and even some more experienced players. They help players by answering questions, maybe helping them with stats and skills, maybe run a few maps with them & in general, have a pleasant introduction to the game. They are not moderators. They may try to arbitrate a dispute but again, they are they to help introduce plays to the world of altera.

The way I see it is that a moderator would have limited abilities in game to mute players for varying amounts of time. Each action should be reviewed by a staff member of STS, or one of the forum mods. The in game mods would have to file a report describing their actions and why they took the one that they did. *I am deliberately making this sound like work to discourage "wanna be's", because it will be work, with very little reward or recognition.
I
I have thought this out very carefully but to date STS has not shown an interest in having in game mods. So there really isn't much sense in posting all of my thoughts and ideas.

HunterSLAYER
07-01-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm pretty sure ONLY the DEVS are allowed to use the BANHAMMER.

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

demoncrate
07-01-2012, 08:15 PM
I think there should be an option to add people to a foul mouth list. Once one user gets a certain amount of foul mouth list entries, he/she get their messages hidden from being displayed to people who have their chat filtered.

Shellkaz
07-01-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm pretty sure ONLY the DEVS are allowed to use the BANHAMMER.

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
It's not a ban. It's a mute that could last longer than the standard 5 minutes. No way would I want to put the "ban hammer" in the hands of players. I maybe be crazy enough to run a guild but I'm not stupid enough to put banning in the hands of players. :-)

Like I have said earlier, I have thought about this very carefully. I believe that In Game mods could work , and work well. Its mostly due to the fact that we have such an active forum community. But at this point in time the devs have not shown an interest in it so I have not bothered to transcribe my notes. (yeah i still use pen and paper sometimes) lol.

Zaonabiuibil
07-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Wow... I can't even say anything to this. It's just... wow.

Dragonrider023
07-01-2012, 09:16 PM
WoW. This very insulting to me because I'm part of jew, lucky my family got out of europe before war broke out :( but this issue is serious and must be resolved immeadlity!

McBain
07-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Actually AoA are primarially helpers, they are there to help new players, and even some more experienced players. They help players by answering questions, maybe helping them with stats and skills, maybe run a few maps with them & in general, have a pleasant introduction to the game. They are not moderators. They may try to arbitrate a dispute but again, they are they to help introduce plays to the world of altera.

I know all that, but what I was getting at was not so much that AoA are or should be mods per se, but while having no actual "power" themselves, I thought they at least could notify devs of misbehavior with more...authority? For lack of a better word. As if getting reported by an AoA somehow carried more weight, or...like fast-tracked the process somehow. I'm not sure where I got that impression. Anyway...

Jewelsofjane
07-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Lolz... I think the chat filter is STRONG enough. I just got muted for saying "pollock bacon" and it happened to be an auto correct at that.

These people will be dealt with. Have patience people. Sts has a life just like we do. ( or in my case I don't cuz I'm on pl all day).

GMs in my opinion would fail. They always get a god complex and there is no regulation to why or who they ban. I believe sts has wanted to stay away from that.

Shellkaz
07-01-2012, 09:38 PM
They might be able to do that. I'm not sure. :-) I've never been an AOA. When the program came out I was new to my post as guild master and couldn't devote the time necessary to AOA.

But either way the core issue of the OP is that it is anti-sematic, full of foul language, and obscene, well u can't call them pictures, But I'm sure u know what I mean. I don't even know how the character & guild names ever made it past filters. I think an update is needed.

Shellkaz
07-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Lolz... I think the chat filter is STRONG enough. I just got muted for saying "pollock bacon" and it happened to be an auto correct at that.

These people will be dealt with. Have patience people. Sts has a life just like we do. ( or in my case I don't cuz I'm on pl all day).

GMs in my opinion would fail. They always get a god complex and there is no regulation to why or who they ban. I believe sts has wanted to stay away from that.

I never said give in game mods ban power, only the ability to mute a player for longer than the standard 5 minutes. Perhaps long enough to get a real Dev or mod time to review a truly heinous situation like this and take immediate action. What happened should not have been allowed to go on as long as it did. :-( And I did mention reports from the in game mods. Their behavior would be monitored closely.. I have no intention of turning a bunch of "cowboys" loose in town.

NECROREAPER
07-01-2012, 10:10 PM
I know all that, but what I was getting at was not so much that AoA are or should be mods per se, but while having no actual "power" themselves, I thought they at least could notify devs of misbehavior with more...authority? For lack of a better word. As if getting reported by an AoA somehow carried more weight, or...like fast-tracked the process somehow. I'm not sure where I got that impression. Anyway...

A report from an AoA or GOA carries no more weight than a report from a non AoA/GOA. It's a common misconception that most people seem to think is true, I guess it's also why people give AoA/GOA such a bad rep, they think it's more than it really is and when the AoA/GOA fail to meet that false expectation, people get upset about it.

Jaycz
07-01-2012, 10:33 PM
I was there when this happened and reported them. Also, something like this is happening at this very moment...

Techno Email
07-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Nick ROFL that's awesome

We do not respond to people who "beg" to be unbanned. We are careful about who we ban and we work hard to address concerns like this. Please continue to report players with inappropriate behavior. When we receive reports of people with inappropriate names or behavior, quite often, there are multiple reports from various users. I would like to assure you that it is very import to us that these players not disrupt the experience for others and this is not something we take lightly. However, as they say "two wrongs don't make a right." We have very active forum moderation, and it is very rare that the dev's will see any inappropriate comments on the boards before they are taken down by moderators. I understand your concerns, and I'd like you to all know that we do want to know about inappropriate in-game behavior. The best way to communicate these issues is to report them to customer service. The worst way to communicate these issues is to repost inappropriate comments on a public forum. We don't want to ban good fans with good intentions. We can not tolerate inappropriate public speech or behavior under any circumstances, so please help us help you, by reporting inappropriate behavior through the proper channels. Thanks for your cooperation, everyone!! :encouragement:

Phoenixking
07-02-2012, 12:28 PM
I never said give in game mods ban power, only the ability to mute a player for longer than the standard 5 minutes. Perhaps long enough to get a real Dev or mod time to review a truly heinous situation like this and take immediate action. What happened should not have been allowed to go on as long as it did. :-( And I did mention reports from the in game mods. Their behavior would be monitored closely.. I have no intention of turning a bunch of "cowboys" loose in town.It wasn't all directed to you

zappaxe
07-02-2012, 01:08 PM
I was thinking that since giving players the power to ban is out of the question, how about gathering a small group of trustworthy players and giving them a special report. The report would go straight to support and they would check it out instead of waving it aside. Idk like a mega report or something. Just something the support can't ignore.

Nick41324
07-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Ik what you mean by this thread, necro.

Here's a recent racist I came across in pvp. Is being racist bannable?..

WoundedEagle
07-02-2012, 02:06 PM

Out of curiosity, did you read waht Techno just posted a few replies above you?:

The worst way to report it is by reposting their inappropriate comments on a public forum.

Nick41324
07-02-2012, 02:15 PM

Out of curiosity, did you read waht Techno just posted a few replies above you?:

The worst way to report it is by reposting their inappropriate comments on a public forum.
Who ever said I was reporting? :-)

WoundedEagle
07-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Who ever said I was reporting? :-)

Technically, you aren't reporting...directly. But if Necro's Pictures were taken down. What makes you think it's neccessary to post yours? Take the pictures down, please. Nick, you know better than that....

Dynastu
07-02-2012, 03:19 PM

I was going to say EAXCTLY the same.

Swimmingstar
07-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Stupid? Kids? You were a kid once! Stop blaming people and maybe just help to stop it? This isn't just directed at you but to anyone who thinks just because people are young that they act immature and spam swears and inappropriate things. I know I've never met someone like that... only heard of them... and that rarely happens.

Lol bro if only you knew how many morons i've reported for this kind of stuff. Sts doesn't do anything most of the time.

If these retards buy plat then they are almost immune to bans.

Morons? Retards? I thought you were against mean words but you're just using them yourself...

And how if you buy plat you're almost immune to bans? That is definitely not true, Thelonearcher was banned and he probably had bought the most plat at the time.

1. Please Respect Others.
The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas. Occasionally, conflicts may arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. Debating the opinion is appropriate, however criticism against the originator of the opinion is not allowed. Disrespect can be construed as flaming, trolling, harassing, profanity, abusive language or abbreviations, personal attacks, racial, religious, ethnic, sexual slurs, or similar behavior/language.
Flaming is defined as posts which are designed to personally berate or insult another.

Trolling is defined as deliberately posting derogatory, inflammatory comments/threads in order to bait other users into responding. Trolling or accusing someone of being a troll is also a form of trolling and is not permitted.

Posts similar to “Moderator Notified” or “Needs thread lock” are discouraged, as these types of posts are a form of trolling. If a thread is in violation of the forum rules, use the notify moderator button or send a private message to a moderator or administrator directly.

Personal attacks include, but are not limited to insulting a poster directly:

Example: “You are stupid, you suck, and you should [censored].”

Jugernugetx
07-02-2012, 05:55 PM
how would ya like it if we said : "stupid" grown ups these days... (very sarcastic wit that) lol :p

CrimsonTider
07-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Stupid? Kids? You were a kid once! Stop blaming people and maybe just help to stop it? This isn't just directed at you but to anyone who thinks just because people are young that they act immature and spam swears and inappropriate things. I know I've never met someone like that... only heard of them... and that rarely happens.

Morons? Retards? I thought you were against mean words but you're just using them yourself...

And how if you buy plat you're almost immune to bans? That is definitely not true, Thelonearcher was banned and he probably had bought the most plat at the time.

If you don't understand where they are coming from, then you are being ignorant to the situation. And before you snap off at the word "ignorant", look up the definition and true meaning. As a parent and teacher, children are much more rebelious of athority and this leads to.more of the behavior we are seeing in game. And your statement about rarely seeing this in game is indicative of two things: 1. You are turning a deaf ear (or blind eye in this case), or 2. You are not as active as some of us who see this on a regular basis.

It is an issue and an issue which anyone, kids or adults, should realize won't be accepted by this community.

And let me add one last thing...

The people using these profanities and racial slurs ARE MORONS. If the only thing you can do in your spare time is act "cool" by making fun of people and spewing crap out of your mouth, then you deserve to be called an idiot, stupid, moron, *enter word of choice*. Anyone with half a brain can spew that utter nonsense. I dont care who you are or how old you are, grow up!

angeldawn
07-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Honestly I have only seen 1 AoA who has fought with others,but he is no longer AoA after the removal.

There is one AoA that fights with me every time he see me!! The guy is a complete egomaniac and nut. If i boot him from game, he then harrassed me through pm. Unfortunately, this makes the AoA program kinda a joke to me.

NECROREAPER
07-02-2012, 07:15 PM
There is one AoA that fights with me every time he see me!! The guy is a complete egomaniac and nut. If i boot him from game, he then harrassed me through pm. Unfortunately, this makes the AoA program kinda a joke to me.

Pm me who it is

Jugernugetx
07-02-2012, 07:17 PM
If you don't understand where they are coming from, then you are being ignorant to the situation. And before you snap off at the word "ignorant", look up the definition and true meaning. As a parent and teacher, children are much more rebelious of athority and this leads to.more of the behavior we are seeing in game. And your statement about rarely seeing this in game is indicative of two things: 1. You are turning a deaf ear (or blind eye in this case), or 2. You are not as active as some of us who see this on a regular basis.

It is an issue and an issue which anyone, kids or adults, should realize won't be accepted by this community.

The people using these profanities and racial slurs ARE MORONS. If the only thing you can do in your spare time is act "cool" by making fun of people and spewing crap out of your mouth, then you deserve to be called an idiot, stupid, moron, *enter word of choice*. Anyone with half a brain can spew that utter nonsense. I dont care who you are or how old you are, grow up!

Have you learned nothing in your years of school? if ya get called a name, U better report that person. dont make the situation worse by calling the person a name back! So your wrong. To prevent Flaming or anything else, :)
Smile means im not being mean:D
~Jugernuget

Shellkaz
07-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Too many times I have had people tell me that they don't report bad behavior. Not reporting bad behavior, even if your deplore it, is the same as condoning it. Everyone needs to step up to the plate and work to stop this. The other day it was Jewish people, today it could be another group, tomorrow a different one. When will people finally put on their big boy and girl clothes and stop acting like this is the school yard?

This is a microcosim of the real world. You have people from all over the world playing this game. I will fight injustice, discrimination, bigotry, and all the nasty things with every tool I have. Why? Because its the RIGHT THING TO DO. I only hope that after seeing that this kind of stuff can happen in PL, that more people will think about their choices.

Jugernugetx
07-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Too many times I have had people tell me that they don't report bad behavior. Not reporting bad behavior, even if your deplore it, is the same as condoning it. Everyone needs to step up to the plate and work to stop this. The other day it was Jewish people, today it could be another group, tomorrow a different one. When will people finally put on their big boy and girl clothes and stop acting like this is the school yard?

This is a microcosim of the real world. You have people from all over the world playing this game. I will fight injustice, discrimination, bigotry, and all the nasty things with every tool I have. Why? Because its the RIGHT THING TO DO. I only hope that after seeing that this kind of stuff can happen in PL, that more people will think about their choices.

no, no, u dont understand. They are trolling. This is a virtual game. What. Are we supposed to challenge them at pvp? haha:) If you continued you may be in their position. Name calling, and saying what they are saying. And this is a game, you should just mute and report. Just like every other nasty situation. mute. report. go away. Thats how it is for these games. And yea. youll find this alot. Its just trolling to get you mad:) But yea, someone needs to chat with them if it ever happens again >.< Not coming back to this thread, i may be trolling myself but i dunno. haha:)
Thank ya! :D

Phoenixking
07-02-2012, 09:51 PM

Your first part, where you say children. Yes a good amount will be rebellious but actually I have seen more 16-21 year olds cuss out and be jerks most of the time, not kids these are young adults or around that.
The last thing, just because they are morons doesn't mean you should go to their level and call them names as well, or am I wrong? When someone does this, they are basicly doing the same thing. They don't "deserve" to be called anything just report and ignore. Does it make people feel better calling "bad" people names? Yeah I'm pretty sure that is it

CrimsonTider
07-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Have you learned nothing in your years of school? if ya get called a name, U better report that person. dont make the situation worse by calling the person a name back! So your wrong. To prevent Flaming or anything else, :)
Smile means im not being mean:D
~Jugernuget

Did you even read what I said?

CrimsonTider
07-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Your first part, where you say children. Yes a good amount will be rebellious but actually I have seen more 16-21 year olds cuss out and be jerks most of the time, not kids these are young adults or around that.
The last thing, just because they are morons doesn't mean you should go to their level and call them names as well, or am I wrong? When someone does this, they are basicly doing the same thing. They don't "deserve" to be called anything just report and ignore. Does it make people feel better calling "bad" people names? Yeah I'm pretty sure that is it

Reread what I said... in it's entirity. I am not saying to call them morons, idiots, whatever. I said theirbbehavior is moronic, idiotic, whatever you choose because they do not see how their "humor" is a actually "ignorance." If you also read my entire post, youvwill notice I made reference to everyone who acts like this, (adulte, teens, children) because thst is exactly what they are acting like: children. Truth hurts sometimes.

Nick41324
07-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Technically, you aren't reporting...directly. But if Necro's Pictures were taken down. What makes you think it's neccessary to post yours? Take the pictures down, please. Nick, you know better than that....
I went straight to the 4th page, didn't even notice they were taken down. Wouldn't have posted if known

Jugernugetx
07-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Did you even read what I said?

yes....................? was it something u didnt say? :D

StompArtist
07-02-2012, 10:50 PM
First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out--Because I was not a Socialist.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out--Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out--Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me.

Martin Niemöller

rinzler
07-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Hey guys this thread is becoming a touchy subject. Please refrain from flaming when being constructive about your opinions. Thanks!

NECROREAPER
07-02-2012, 11:48 PM

Moron isn't a bad word, it's a description, such as bastard or idiotic. Calling them dumba**es or similar would be calling them names

CrimsonTider
07-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Hey guys this thread is becoming a touchy subject. Please refrain from flaming when being constructive about your opinions. Thanks!

Pretty sure the only "flaming" is towards the individuals in game who either act in this mannerand/or condone it. I appreciate STS to allow the discussion to continue. However, I think Necro's purpose is to inform STS and the community the severity to which the offenses are being taken.

This is my last post in this thread as it seems certain points aren't coming across as they should.

Luvaria
07-03-2012, 12:35 AM
I think...
1.If someone acts like this to you, report, mute, and leave. Becoming mad and raging towards them makes them happy because that's what they want to gain out of infuriating people,
2.If you simply can't be calm, well, proceed to act like your cool with it. I find this actually works quite well as they will stop, seeing that it had no effect on you.
3.Don't tell people not directly involved to report him/her. This just spams STS and makes it harder for them to sort it all out. Also its just a waste of time, it's not gonna get you more attention, rather STS probably won't take you very seriously because it's childish to drag people that have no idea what's going on into it so that it seems like you are right. Let STS decide, it's not like 10 reports are gonna help, if your report is reasonable STS will get to you eventually.
4.Don't blame it on STS if you see the offender weeks later in a run, town, etc. because its not their fault. They did what they thought was necessary (hopefully its enough that they learn a lesson)
So... Basically this is my opinion I hope that if you quote me it'll be constructive but if not fine, I'll just go with Opinion #2 and ignore you. ^^

TruePlayer
07-03-2012, 01:08 AM
I know this thread will more than likely get locked, and yes you're probably saying "he should know better."

I've been seeing this far too often in game lately; people abusing the chat filter, being highly insensitive about others feelings/beliefs/backgrounds, verbal abuse, and blatant disregard for others in general. Normally I do the regular routine: warn, screenie, report, and be on my way, but this time things went too far.

My main intent of this thread is to garner the devs/mods/supoort's attention and please STOP people like this from being in game. I've reported people like this many times before and seen them around a few weeks later, which leads me to believe that either they take way too long to act upon serious reports or they're simply dismissing them.

The worst part is, these people know what they're doing is wrong, and they're getting away with it.

*WARNING*
Some of these images may upset you

Its a online game and people from all around the world play. And theres all types of people good bad rude etc.. Dev cant control how someone act. Only thing they can do is try to limited it. You just need to learn to ignore those things.

Riccits
07-03-2012, 01:21 AM
even there are some black sheeps in PL, the comunity i still good and friendly seen in overall, chat is mostly clean too. in O&C u would have to ban 80% of the players...

Shellkaz
07-03-2012, 07:07 AM
First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out--Because I was not a Socialist.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out--Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Martin Niemöller
Thanks, I remembered the general gist of that quote but for the life of me couldn't come up with the name of the author.

Dynastu
07-03-2012, 09:02 AM
You just need to learn to ignore those things.

Are you serious, True? I'm going to quote Stomp here, as I think this quote is the perfect response to that... >.>

Martin Niemöller

Renovate
07-03-2012, 09:12 AM
After rushing some weak pro-wannabe PvP guys they'll say something like ' ****ing noob ' or they'll straight away insult my mother. Like seriously what do our mums have to do with a game their sons and daughters play? :grey:

Shellkaz
07-03-2012, 01:43 PM
After rushing some weak pro-wannabe PvP guys they'll say something like ' ****ing noob ' or they'll straight away insult my mother. Like seriously what do our mums have to do with a game their sons and daughters play? :grey:

:-). Hi I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Lyrrlynn, GM of Xplict and I'm 51 years old. My 22 year old son plays pl and I'm the one that turned him on to pl. I'm not the only mother that plays PL either. We have several family groups in Xplicit that play. Granted though I seem to be the oldest player I've personally seen. So yeah there are mothers in this game.

Either way, the behavior that was shown in the original post is deplorable. And we should all do our best to report it when it occurs. That wasn't trolling, it was racism pure and simple.

Swimmingstar
07-03-2012, 04:05 PM

I meant in real life. And there is absolutely no way you can tell if everyone acting inappropriate in-game is a kid.

Snakespeare
07-03-2012, 04:52 PM
:-). Hi I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Lyrrlynn, GM of Xplict and I'm 51 years old. My 22 year old son plays pl and I'm the one that turned him on to pl. I'm not the only mother that plays PL either. We have several family groups in Xplicit that play. Granted though I seem to be the oldest player I've personally seen. So yeah there are mothers in this game.

Either way, the behavior that was shown in the original post is deplorable. And we should all do our best to report it when it occurs. That wasn't trolling, it was racism pure and simple.

I'm older at 56. There was once someone older than me but she left. Good to meet ya! A family that plays together... ;)

kiitz
07-04-2012, 12:01 PM
I hope these guys were banned finally, and legit banned, not like a 1 weeker.

Qingsanale1st
07-15-2012, 06:34 AM

If a certain borderline word is used then a joke, why aren't the concerned ppl reading the context enough or asking first so the talker isn't REALLY offending them ey?

NECROREAPER
07-15-2012, 02:47 PM
If a certain borderline word is used then a joke, why aren't the concerned ppl reading the context enough or asking first so the talker isn't REALLY offending them ey?

You didn't see the pictures so you don't know the extent of their verbal abuse, but it to put it into perspective, it was instant perma-bannable.

And if you look the other way and let them continue in their bad activities, you're not helping remedy the situation. Read Stomp's quote for some understanding of this concept:

"First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out--Because I was not a Socialist.

Martin Niemöller"

Qingsanale1st
07-16-2012, 02:33 AM
You didn't see the pictures so you don't know the extent of their verbal abuse, but it to put it into perspective, it was instant perma-bannable.

And if you look the other way and let them continue in their bad activities, you're not helping remedy the situation. Read Stomp's quote for some understanding of this concept:

"First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out--Because I was not a Socialist.

Martin Niemöller"

... to me,
That quote only suggests the person who may have been using a word in a friendly joking context (like nicknaming a friend/team member an afri when they pretty much are not?) have been bullied by a mod or someone who abused the report button without alerting the person of the reporter's disagreement, and there is no one left to speak for such people? :( :'(

NECROREAPER
07-16-2012, 02:40 AM
... to me,
That quote only suggests the person who may have been using a word in a friendly joking context (like nicknaming a friend/team member an afri when they pretty much are not?) have been bullied by a mod or someone who abused the report button without alerting the person of the reporter's disagreement, and there is no one left to speak for such people? :( :'(

Would you say that someone named hitlerisback yelling out "kill all Jews" and other sorts of nasties is ever used in a joking context? That's what happened, and way worse.

Qingsanale1st
07-16-2012, 04:33 AM
Well I am not referring to your example, I mean something that they like cheering someone in game, not something of the homicidal.

Darkterror
07-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Id like to thank devs to let me stay in this community. I have being hit by The HAMMER couple times. And i deserved it. Since then I have discovered that playing defencive instead of offencive will help you get along better between haters. I constantly get players hating me. Saying really bad stuff. Witch i usually report when it gets out of limits. Mostly because of my rushing. As long as you talk defensive and do not aswer back with his same lenguage the HAMMER its at your side. Now at abusing the chat filter....
With this new modern text lenguage there is an unlimmited number of
combinations that you can say the same word with. So its even harder for devs to conclude who is the bad guy, i do not think that introducing an stronger filter will help at all. All you players can help by just Shuting up and let haters hate. Take screan shots. If you keep getting bothered by the same guy. U will have another screanshot. Once you have around 3-4 screens (or more) of different situations with the same guy. Report all at once. And justice might apply better.

I get trashed talked all the time because i rush. And yes I DO KEEP a lot of screens shots of you trash talking me and others ^_^ Just in case i get bother by them again. I will have an extra point to set your doom.

Keep in mind that the bad guy looses at the end anyways.

Play On !!!!

Uezaoki
08-09-2012, 07:15 PM
That wasn't trolling, it was racism pure and simple.
Racism? I prefer the term "ethnic banter"...but I guess it all depends on who's receiving the banter :P

xcainnblecterx
08-10-2012, 01:29 AM
Another thread brought back from the dead

LADYHADASSA
08-10-2012, 07:02 AM
I agree with all on the racial comments being at an all time high, however as far as games go sts is by far the most active i have ever seen. All i can say is report the players, yes they may be back in a week, first time offender, the punishment grows each time somone is banned. I HAVE known of money spenders banned for life. Sts is known for name changes as well, once you report put these players on mute!

A reason the filter was changed to begin with, players who are not vulger would get the mute or be beanned by accident from words that where common and not vulger, spell check can cause a " red faced face palm moment" as well. If in life we could ban and mute people the world would be a quiet place indeed! Ravial comments, profain speaking and ignorance is everyplace ever day. I do not condone this behavior outside of game.

As an adult player let me say that most parents would not allow their child to speak in these manners, however i was a teenager and remeber well when oarents where not in ear shot most everyone i knew swore more than a bar room drunk. And many still do, there are a few parents who do not care and have NOT taught their children an ounce of respect, there is nothing anyone can do to change that.

Racial slurs are in every country every language though in the year 2012 in America those considered ravial minoritys are no longer a minority but the majority.

If people are being ignorant mute and enjoy the game, as far as pvp join games you and your friends host, then you are able to boot the ignorant from your game. There are som old crews out there that have broken appart because they where reported and booted from most every game. Some where perm. Booted. Sts does not speak about outcomes of reports to players, use the report button in game if possible, keep the shots if you are asked you have them, quote words players use when using in game report, so sts can pull up the convo by using phrases in the search.

Many think that sounding like an under educated fool who use cussing to express somthing, or to somone is cool, seriousley people call one another body parts, actions, animal names, they use names that by definition would not describe anyone... As far as cussing goes get creative peeps use those brains people stop when they look foolish, an example or two. One pve players says "f*" everytime somone gets a pink, some friends and i where farming, i started round one with " hey! Dont speak like that in front of my daughter!" round two player 2 " no thanks your not my type" player 3 " are you in 5th grade? Cussing player "no" then use your brain for another word for how you feel" last round was a simple " i have booted players from my game for less, the player was booted with reason " when you find a new vocabulary join us" .

Racial players boot without question report and mute. These players are in general more vulger than others

But REMEMBER if you respond to the player in vulger language you are just as at fault as the original, the "same" banns apply to you.

If you are in games that players are ignorant, the simple solution report, mute , boot, teach, etc.

NotYoCookiez
08-10-2012, 08:43 AM
I was just in balefort and saw these two clowns being racist by avoiding the chat filter . I reported them but wow I didn't even know a human could be that mean...

NiN
08-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Kids these days have ipads, smartphones, ETC. (technology)
When i was a kid i used to play OUTSIDE.
Just let them be, this is not our Generation anymore, i blame their parents for spoiling little kids.

WhoIsThis
08-10-2012, 03:34 PM
I meant in real life. And there is absolutely no way you can tell if everyone acting inappropriate in-game is a kid.

Percentage-wise, the number of kids that act in a deplorable way is much higher than with 20+ players.

It's a pity that the player base isn't large enough to support this yet, or I would support the formation of 18+ only guilds. Pretty much only people under 18 who are known and widely trusted would be accepted in such guilds. Will there be bad apples? Of course. But the number of bad apples you're gonna find is much, much smaller.