PDA

View Full Version : engineer disrespect

Ozuyucalebam
07-01-2012, 02:54 AM
I'm sure this has been posted before maybe. But what's the deal with everyone relying on Engis to heal/ rev when engi is dead? I mean know who is the engi, know when engi is dead and use stims when engi franticly runs back lol. I mean in voleria and I'm the only engi, yes I see that you died. Yes I will try to rev you. Sorry that I may have missed a rev because I'm tanking now and being kicked around by the scorn. But when I'm dead you want to hate on me and say I'm not a good engi when I got sniped? Common now when engi dies, spam a few stims and wait till they return. I hate seeing the whole group dying because I died. Its like they have no concept of stims.
I'm watching all of you and I'm trying to heal/ rev all of you when needed. But I can only do so much and you should be aware of your own health at all times.

It frustrates me so much lol. There's no need to say "rev" I see you and I'm trying. I have to stop being kicked around first. I know my role and I'll be there as fast as I can.
BE PATIENT. Lol

I know I'm not the first and certainly not the last.
But this drives me crazy. Your thoughts?

P.s. sorry about grammar or spelling. I'm tired lol and don't care much :-)

ArtStar
07-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Bahaha omg ily<3
Be nice to Engineers everyone!

Urqui is right, give my thread a read and share your frustration :p
It is a pretty useful reminder to be nice to Engineers, we do the best we can as Engs lol.
As if we didnt already have aggro/grenades/flashbangs/protection shields/ turrets/ snipers all slowing us down.
People refusing to use stims/skills doesnt go unnoticed by us Engs.

Cahaun
07-01-2012, 08:35 AM
Engineer power!

HunterSLAYER
07-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Especially cms as they know that stims are expensive for them.
They would rather accumulate and stash looted stims than use them.

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

*Zero*
07-01-2012, 08:50 AM
Seems to me your running with bad Coms. If your tank can't at least have stims to help the group out he should reroll another class.

Ozuyucalebam
07-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Seems to me your running with bad Coms. If your tank can't at least have stims to help the group out he should reroll another class.
My last run was with 4 comms lol. That's just sad that they can't out tank me lol.

Ozuyucalebam
07-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Bahaha omg ily<3
Be nice to Engineers everyone!

Urqui is right, give my thread a read and share your frustration :p
It is a pretty useful reminder to be nice to Engineers, we do the best we can as Engs lol.
As if we didnt already have aggro/grenades/flashbangs/protection shields/ turrets/ snipers all slowing us down.
People refusing to use stims/skills doesnt go unnoticed by us Engs.
I knew I saw a similar thread somewhere. It was late and I was frustrated. Thanks for your thread. Hopefully more people will read these and give us Eng is some respect!

Fao
07-01-2012, 09:14 AM
In a hurry, but I agree to the max!

Deathpunch
07-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Well, if the engi is dying, then someone isn't doing their jobs. Hint: Coms and ops.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

Ozuyucalebam
07-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Well, if the engi is dying, then someone isn't doing their jobs. Hint: Coms and ops.

-----
It gets to the point where I'm spamming health stims just to stay alive. So many Stims that I can't even use my skills or I will die. I understand that some players are total noobs but by the time you get to voleria you should know how to use at least some sorta skills lol. Its not too hard to take aggro just use those wonderful comm skills. :p

Cahaun
07-01-2012, 01:03 PM

-----
It gets to the point where I'm spamming health stims just to stay alive. So many Stims that I can't even use my skills or I will die. I understand that some players are total noobs but by the time you get to voleria you should know how to use at least some sorta skills lol. Its not too hard to take aggro just use those wonderful comm skills. :p
As an engineer myself, I can tell you.... wow. When I play Vularia, I always go and come back with 25 stims on both sides. If you really need to use soon many stims, then that really does say something of the cons you are playing with.

Edit: Make sure you are using protection, heal, and the revive side effect on your party as it will keep them alive. Spam heal.

Jblazer
07-01-2012, 01:09 PM
I honestly respect the engineers,without them theres alot of stuff you would miss.Here are some.
1.At boss doing nova runs die don't want to respawn and miss out
2.Using xp enhancer,die at best xp part of lvl not using your 2x 3x or 4x because your dead
3.trying to get 0 deaths no heal=Sadly 1 death,a mark of failure.xD lol just joking :) if it was a mark of failure I would have over 500:)
And more reasons

Deathpunch
07-01-2012, 03:33 PM
As an engineer myself, I can tell you.... wow. When I play Vularia, I always go and come back with 25 stims on both sides. If you really need to use soon many stims, then that really does say something of the cons you are playing with.

Edit: Make sure you are using protection, heal, and the revive side effect on your party as it will keep them alive. Spam heal.

Protection is a waste. So is force field. Even maxed out, they only give 60/120 armor, respectively, and that is not worth 6 skill points.

-----

Cahaun
07-01-2012, 03:51 PM

Protection is a waste. So is force field. Even maxed out, they only give 60/120 armor, respectively, and that is not worth 6 skill points.

-----
I understand that, but having 6 in protection helps my engineer a lot. It's a good skill to have with a shield. I find myself dying a lot more without it, and it keeps ops less squishy.
Talking about shields, the force field skill is not something to invest in probably in the future. It gives great defense and that +1 mana regeneration, but it takes very very little damage to pop it. 30 damage at lvl one which is like one shot. I only use it along with revive so I can recharge my mana.

PianoWizzy
07-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Give me the names of these cowardly commandos.

Just like engineers that don't use heal [I have L41 eng -- I WILL be watching, and I know EXACTLY what you mean], I boot commandos that stay behind the group and don't do their knockdowns. I'll be keeping a list.

Shaocalur
07-01-2012, 07:48 PM

-----

+1 Engineers are people too! :P

ArtStar
07-01-2012, 08:02 PM
The best training for all three classes is to solo V5, try it sometime :D

PianoWizzy
07-02-2012, 12:13 AM
The best training for all three classes is to solo V5, try it sometime :D

;)Testing this out has upped my game massively in all three classes.

Although on op I got trained in the art of stim spamming while killing. Still useful. XD

*Zero*
07-02-2012, 07:53 AM
Since I've leveled my Engineer ive noticed alot of the coms are pvp spec. I try to help them out with the right set up but they dont listen.

ArtStar
07-02-2012, 08:48 AM
;)Testing this out has upped my game massively in all three classes.

Although on op I got trained in the art of stim spamming while killing. Still useful. XD

Yeah I cannot imagine how many stims ops and comms would have to use to solo v5.
Lolol Voleria is a hugeeeee stim burner, but yeah it does help huh?
Soloing v5 makes you notice things about the enemies you normally dont.

Zaonabiuibil
07-02-2012, 08:56 AM
It's not just the engs anymore. Now Ops have to tank. Literally I just rushed the whole mob while 3 coms were standing in the back using me as a meat shield. Thanks :P.

PianoWizzy
07-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Yeah I cannot imagine how many stims ops and comms would have to use to solo v5.
Lolol Voleria is a hugeeeee stim burner, but yeah it does help huh?
Soloing v5 makes you notice things about the enemies you normally dont.

Lol o.O That about enemies? EXACTLY what I was thinking about soloing Voleria.

Ops and Comms are stim burners. Which is why in general, new people with engineers mains find it easier to make and keep money XD

Libertie
07-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Couple of things:

When you die next to the entrance, unless I'm literally right next to you and just happen to have a revive off cooldown, revive at the entrance. It just makes sense.

If you caused my death and your own by stepping on a mine and I wasn't able to get away because I was getting knocked down/pushed, you might as well revive along with me and walk all the way back to the group rather than lying there, letting me run back alone, and impatiently spamming "rev pls" over and over again.

Another comment, I'm not big on doing vanity/equipment runs right now because I'm busy trying to reach cap. So if I'm taking time to do a SY5 run with you, I must either really like you or I'm feeling nice at the moment. So when we get to the boss, PLEASE don't sit there and yell "HEAL HEAL OMG HEAL" at me as if I don't know why I'm there. It's not my fault I'm the only engi in a group full of level 35-36s, I'm doing the best I can. :)

ArtStar
07-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Lol o.O That about enemies?

I think you meant to say what about enemies? Lol like, people think they just zap you with these magical powahrz to surpress you, when actually their surppression comes from their blue grenades. They throw multiple types of grenades, like the general yellow ones that espode when they hit the ground, or the shiny purple ones that have a three second timer that releases an effect similar to a Commando's Nebula skill. Idk ha ha, it is hard to see those details when you got a full team going crazy so I guess most people just miss them.

PianoWizzy
07-02-2012, 10:07 AM
I think you meant to say what about enemies? Lol like, people think they just zap you with these magical powahrz to surpress you, when actually their surppression comes from their blue grenades. They throw multiple types of grenades, like the general yellow ones that espode when they hit the ground, or the shiny purple ones that have a three second timer that releases an effect similar to a Commando's Nebula skill. Idk ha ha, it is hard to see those details when you got a full team going crazy so I guess most people just miss them.

You know you play Voleria too much when you can actually see when an enemy is throwing a grenade. And where they land. And you manage to move to avoid it.

Solo.

ArtStar
07-02-2012, 10:13 AM
You know you play Voleria too much when you can actually see when an enemy is throwing a grenade. And where they land. And you manage to move to avoid it.

Solo.

Yeah lol, I most definitely have. I got all the timing down and everything. Bahah 17kills a run solo without using hp stims. WIN.

Libertie
07-02-2012, 10:18 AM

Solo.
The light blue ones. I don't mind healing up after the others if I manage to get hit by one, but I avoid the blue ones at all costs. It's best to avoid anger in these games, I think.