PDA

View Full Version : Mausoleum changes

Alkif
02-15-2022, 02:53 PM
I think this map is a perfect place for newer players who want to farm without gold loot, however there are some big issues with this map.

1. Mausoleum 5-6 are way too hard for level 56-61 map which also makes it an inefficient map to farm. Im rogue with 10k hp and 6.5k armor and full arcane with mythic weapon and I get 1 shot by mausoleum 4 archers aimed shot like WTF?! Also you can make more profit farming elite chests in any other map than farming mausoleum for tokens.

2. mausoleum 1000 runs is slowest aps to finish and what makes it worse is that most of the time m6 has 0 aps which is ridiculous. I spend 10-15min clearing all the way to floor 6 and I just get slap in the face.

3. Since very few people run this map purple mages are way too op. In solo mode there are times when you run from mage to mage and they insta spawn those orbs which makes it impossible to clear, the only option is to run out of range and pray that you don't come across another one.

I hope that this map gets nerfed to the point where it would make sense to clear this map. At the very least give us guaranteed 1 ap per run. If you still think mausoleum is perfect the way it is then let me ask you this, how often do you die in festerfang swamp and vardan valley maps compared to mausoleum 5-6? The answer is clear, its a low level map with insane difficulty when compared to other HIGHER level maps.

Xuds
02-15-2022, 06:36 PM
It's scaled to level and clearable with a pt with 76 gear, the people with not as good gear can stay in the lower maus that is why there's multiple floors with different difficulties and not meant for anyone or even less a solo with no gear to clear up to 6. The reason why it's scaled is because I think cinco said something about maus being one of the best/successful or most mechanically interesting maps so he wanted to keep it going. The random possible no spawn of no lich or vori at floor 6 I have no opinion on

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk

Alkif
02-16-2022, 05:44 AM
It is very fun map if it made sense to clear it, however DM for example has 0 skill and gear requirement and yet remains to be best money maker in the game. I don't mind the challenge if its rewarding, but as things are right now, its not. Yesterday I did 3 solo runs which probably took me a whole hour and I ended up with 0 aps. A whole hour down the drain.

Stephencobear
02-16-2022, 09:16 PM
I don’t think maus is “perfect for new players” & it wasn’t meant to be
But to you points:

1: it’s not a 56-61 map, as said maus scales up past those levels as you advance

2: dont clear the map if you don’t have to- use shield pets elixirs & speed set to run through & check the map
1k apps there are slow, yes but many of us did just that w worse gear than you now have
Most of us worked as a team to split pt-ghost and then decide which maps to do & which to quit
Many also leveled an alt to hold good maps

3: if the witches spawn the orbs you need to kite them- as they chase you the orb will go away
If they spawn a second one kite again
Witches have a longer leash than other mobs so you can isolate them

If this map is nerfed the way you want I’d suggest that it give no apps so that the ppl who have suffered this app have something to show for it

Like running a marathon is hard, but you don’t change it to be smaller and hand out marathon prizes to ppl who ran 10 feet

Salvatory
02-16-2022, 10:14 PM
I could be wrong but mauso 6 is buffed according to lvl cap (or something)

many have made this achievement with a set of items that nowadays is only half of the stats you document.

asking for nerf or reset on this map is a tricky case to justify

Alkif
02-17-2022, 05:57 AM
Currently this map is only viable for those who want to finish 1000 runs there. Either nerfing it or giving us more rewards would make it a viable farming spot again. As I said twise now, it doesn't make sense to farm this map unless you are there for aps, which 90% of players don't really care about. If the map scales endlessly then why can't it be rewarding? As it is right now I can make more gold farming DM with 0 gold loot than running mausoleum, thats how bad it is.
Also about those witches, Im not sure why but after I deaggro and go back and try to kill the witch they instantly spawn theyr orb again..

marzeg
02-17-2022, 11:41 AM
Currently this map is only viable for those who want to finish 1000 runs there. Either nerfing it or giving us more rewards would make it a viable farming spot again. As I said twise now, it doesn't make sense to farm this map unless you are there for aps, which 90% of players don't really care about. If the map scales endlessly then why can't it be rewarding? As it is right now I can make more gold farming DM with 0 gold loot than running mausoleum, thats how bad it is.
Also about those witches, Im not sure why but after I deaggro and go back and try to kill the witch they instantly spawn theyr orb again..

The only change maus needs is more maps with even harder enemies, its already too easy as it is once you learn how to farm it. Utilize different gear sets, weapons, procs and class versatility. Just because you can't run in guns blazing spamming attack and not have to worry about dying doesn't mean it's "too hard". Maus is one of the few maps that require somewhat of a strategy and has enemies that need to be prioritized over others, unlike the majority of the maps that don't. IMO that's what makes it fun, I know a handful of endgame players who would rather still run maus for fun over farming the newer maps.

You stated: "Mausoleum 5-6 are way too hard for level 56-61 map which also makes it an inefficient map to farm. Im rogue with 10k hp and 6.5k armor and full arcane with mythic weapon and I get 1 shot by mausoleum 4 archers aimed shot like WTF?"

You're a rouge. Which is primarily a dps class, not a tank, unlike war. Use shield and healing pet AA's like everyone else does.

You stated: "Since very few people run this map purple mages are way too op. In solo mode there are times when you run from mage to mage and they insta spawn those orbs which makes it impossible to clear, the only option is to run out of range and pray that you don't come across another one."

Not true at all, there are groups of people and guilds who farm maus consistently whenever DM is unavailable, and once again you are a rouge not a tank unlike war. Utilize different gear sets, weapons, procs and class versatility.

You stated: "As it is right now I can make more gold farming DM with 0 gold loot than running mausoleum, thats how bad it is."

Ah yes, it doesn't make sense! why am I making more profit running a level 66-71 map than I do when running a level 56-61 map. At this rate they should just add gold elite runner chests to Brackenridge elite maps because it's unfair that I can only get them while farming higher leveled elite maps, right?