View Full Version : An idea on how to condole a player, who were renamed

Uereazagr
02-17-2022, 03:09 PM
So y’all know how harsh has the situation with renaming been…I mean it’s fine when sts bans just downright goofy or offensive igns, but there’s some ppl who lost their igns just because it’s a “scary” word(e.g. Drug, yourdrug, genocide, Aids, and probably much more that im not aware of). So I had an idea. What if a player that has “borderline” inappropriate ign just gets a new one from a pool of banned/reserved igns?Lmk what you think on that.

asommers
02-17-2022, 03:30 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. We're not going to rename character a banned/reserved name. A lot of times we will work with the player on the rename.

-ALS

Uereazagr
02-17-2022, 03:35 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. We're not going to rename character a banned/reserved name. A lot of times we will work with the player on the rename.

-ALS
From what I heard, players are often renamed without them knowing it coming… I might be wrong ofc.

Uereazagr
02-17-2022, 03:40 PM

-ALS
Recapping: you understood me right, I was suggesting to rename players to some other name in ban pool that is innocent by itself. One of my friends told me developers had let players take banned igns before, so my suggestion was kind of based on the fact that you have recycled banned igns in the past.

Xuds
02-17-2022, 04:05 PM

-ALSI think he means a banned person that didn't have a inappropriate name like for hypothetically someone with a name Icecream got banned for black market. Then the person that got their name changed can get the name Icecream because it's not inappropriate and it's not being used anyways because the person is banned. Not a banned name/ inappropriate if that's you thought anyways.

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk

Uereazagr
02-17-2022, 04:07 PM
I think he means a banned person that didn't have a inappropriate name like for hypothetically someone with a name Icecream got banned for black market. Then the person that got their name changed can get the name Icecream because it's not inappropriate and it's not being used anyways because the person is banned. Not a banned name/ inappropriate if that's you thought anyways.

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk
A better way to put it ^

Oawaoebi
02-17-2022, 05:22 PM
So imma use the ign icecream. My friend has a trauma of icecream and reports me explaining the situation. STS allows me to chose any not available ign which is not inappropiate. You see where its going to?

asommers
02-17-2022, 05:59 PM
I see. We have a policy of not reusing banned names, so this won't happen.

-ALS

✓Flo✓
02-17-2022, 06:57 PM
Is banned account goes in this policy ?
Because you are banning accounts, not names most of the time.

Would be great to delete banned accounts if you can't recover it and make free IGNS again ! This would help.

Envoyé de mon SM-G996B en utilisant Tapatalk

Undershooting
02-17-2022, 07:54 PM
So I could purposely name one of my character offensively and than get an op banned ign which isn’t offensive? How about just them give a free rename instead of jus t randomly naming them

asommers
02-17-2022, 08:30 PM
Included with outright banned names is names from banned accounts. If Fluffybunny is associated with a banned account, Fluffybunny can no longer be used -- ever.

-ALS

Oouh No
02-17-2022, 10:47 PM
Ill also explain for the devs sake. Using a banned IGN serves absolutely no purpose other then ego boosting. Not only would using a banned name be useless, it’ll also permanently damage the reputation of the person with the new name. For instance FluffyBunny gets banned for scamming and a majority of AL players are informed about this. Now the new named FluffyBunny has a false reputation of scamming which then leads to mass reporting, drama, etc. Let’s normalize creative names and not intelligible words. ~Tac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk