PDA

View Full Version : Set bonuses on Islander's/Sun god's/of Humanity!

Amilys
07-02-2012, 03:00 AM
http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/jameslee0218/image.png

Techno Mail has said that he is working on adding set effects on the sets i mentioned on the title. He said he is going to release a video clip before the update. He's working with SAMHAYNE previously. He said update is coming this or next week, so get prepared!:)

Ps. Im worried if the items go up very much.

Techno Email
07-02-2012, 06:32 PM

Techno Mail has said that he is working on adding set effects on the sets i mentioned on the title. He said he is going to release a video clip before the update. He's working with SAMHAYNE previously. He said update is coming this or next week, so get prepared!:)

Hi guys,

I have an update on the item sets! We're going to have dps AND tank item set bonuses for the legendary, dropped gear in Humania. Certain weapon types will go with different types of item sets. If a 2-handed item is worn with a particular type of helm and armor piece, the wearer will earn a dps item set bonus. Likewise, if a mainhand and offhand item are be worn with a particular type of helm and armor piece, the wearer will earn a tank item set bonus. I don't want to spell everything out on the forums because I'd like you to have fun together discovering the different set combinations when they are released!! :abnormal:

Several concerns that have been raised regarding gear stat's becoming too high. Different players will have different opinions regarding difficulty balance. :indecisiveness: In order to make Pocket Legends the best game it can be, we need to continually challenge our most dedicated, high-end players. :eagerness: The item sets, crafted gear and crafted gear item sets (yes, I said crafted gear item sets TOO) will increase players' stat's and offer visual variants within the existing Humania legendary gear theme. Expect a few changes to difficulty in the near future. More specifically, expect the boss difficulty in Humania to be increased with the release of item sets, crafted gear, and crafted gear item sets. :dejection: We will also be releasing three PLAYER DESIGNED WEAPONS from our pre-Humania release contest!!! :hopelessness: :congratulatory: :applause: These will be crafted items, and they will each belong to a crafted gear set. :cheerful:

We do not have a specific release date yet for any of the aforementioned updates. But ALAS - I fear I've already said too much! Get ready to gear up Adventurers!!!! :onthego:

Roc
07-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Sets? Awesome. Use of emotes? Awesome. :biggrin:

Urqui
07-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Lol Technoemail uses a lot of emotes:D
Awesome update thanks techoemail!:frog:

P.s.Welcome to forum Amilys lol but you can quote people;) you dont have to take a screenshot & cut it. So much easier:)

Windwaiker
07-02-2012, 06:51 PM
More specifically, expect the boss difficulty in Humania to be increased with the release of item sets, crafted gear, and crafted gear item sets.

Aw, I quite liked the easy bosses haha. Tiki god one hit KO's me :offended:

LwMark
07-02-2012, 06:55 PM
:) nice

Sryyoulose
07-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Amen hallejuah!

LwMark
07-02-2012, 07:23 PM
R u sayin humanian and of humanity is guna b sets?

Whirlzap
07-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Hi guys,

I have an update on the item sets! We're going to have dps AND tank item set bonuses for the legendary, dropped gear in Humania. Certain weapon types will go with different types of item sets. If a 2-handed item is worn with a particular type of helm and armor piece, the wearer will earn a dps item set bonus. Likewise, if a mainhand and offhand item are be worn with a particular type of helm and armor piece, the wearer will earn a tank item set bonus. I don't want to spell everything out on the forums because I'd like you to have fun together discovering the different set combinations when they are released!! :abnormal:

Several concerns that have been raised regarding gear stat's becoming too high. Different players will have different opinions regarding difficulty balance. :indecisiveness: In order to make Pocket Legends the best game it can be, we need to continually challenge our most dedicated, high-end players. :eagerness: The item sets, crafted gear and crafted gear item sets (yes, I said crafted gear item sets TOO) will increase players' stat's and offer visual variants within the existing Humania legendary gear theme. Expect a few changes to difficulty in the near future. More specifically, expect the boss difficulty in Humania to be increased with the release of item sets, crafted gear, and crafted gear item sets. :dejection: We will also be releasing three PLAYER DESIGNED WEAPONS from our pre-Humania release contest!!! :hopelessness: :congratulatory: :applause: These will be crafted items, and they will each belong to a crafted gear set. :cheerful:

We do not have a specific release date yet for any of the aforementioned updates. But ALAS - I fear I've already said too much! Get ready to gear up Adventurers!!!! :onthego:

Yay, that helps a lot.
Now I can actually kill them wand mages with a nuke staff set.

ThePvpTwink
07-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Bosses getting harder...time to farm for sun god gear NOW...

Jcyee
07-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Yay! Crafted sets! And the contest weps!

TruePlayer
07-03-2012, 12:51 AM
Hi guys,

Ok first ty techno for the info. Ok all sounds good that finally dev lets us pick what type player we want to be. So most pvpers will love the new strategy set up :) . So each specific sets will determine your playing style, that will put pl over the top with chess like methods of game play. only bad thing is this WHY MAKE US WAIT LONGER... I have 3 set and still no bonus atleast give us some kind of set bonus rather making everybody wait another week or two. Seem like we just farming for nothing, and
Pvping isnt fun until you understand your gears bonus. Not to rush but i hope we can get some kind of bonus within this week rather you say underdetermine date :/.. Pvpers get bored easy we need set to help us kill time...

Buddyf97
07-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Ok first ty techno for the info. Ok all sounds good that finally dev lets us pick what type player we want to be. So most pvpers will love the new strategy set up :) . So each specific sets will determine your playing style, that will put pl over the top with chess like methods of game play. only bad thing is this WHY MAKE US WAIT LONGER... I have 3 set and still no bonus atleast give us some kind of set bonus rather making everybody wait another week or two. Seem like we just farming for nothing, and
Pvping isnt fun until you understand your gears bonus. Not to rush but i hope we can get some kind of bonus within this week rather you say underdetermine date :/..

You can't rush perfection.

vampinoy
07-03-2012, 02:06 AM
I'm so excited for this!!! I hope you don't hold it back too long Techno, I believe one of the reasons why a lot of players haven't been that forgiving to the birth pains of this particular expansion was because of the long wait, had it been a month or two earlier, I think players would have been more "nice" with their feedback. Just on the idea itself, I think we're in for a new experience, PL 2.0 baby! Can't wait!

Waug
07-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Pvping isnt fun until you understand your gears bonus. Not to rush but i hope we can get some kind of bonus within this week rather you say underdetermine date :/.. Pvpers get bored easy we need set to help us kill time...

lol I told you not to waste your money buying 3m bow. Just joking IK ur so rich that you can manipulate cs price lol.

I really knew that current humania items would not be craftable for example look at the sun god bow, good states and range but just looks recycled, and obviously contest winners items had to come.

RedRyder
07-03-2012, 10:02 AM
lol I told you not to waste your money buying 3m bow. Just joking IK ur so rich that you can manipulate cs price lol.

I really knew that current humania items would not be craftable for example look at the sun god bow, good states and range but just looks recycled, and obviously contest winners items had to come.

And who said the current pinks won't be craftable?

Techno Email
07-03-2012, 10:45 AM

I really appreciate how badly you guys want this stuff out. The reason I don't give you guys exact dates, or promise the soonest possible date is because we're doing some very complicated stuff behind the scenes. We have recently integrated some powerful new technology that allows us to do some really exciting stuff. There is always a chance for things to get delayed, especially when you're making something that has never been done before. We need the ability to hold content back in order to maintain the quality that you guys expect and deserve. I just wanted to give you a little insight into that aspect of how we operate because I understand where you're coming from. I hope that info helps. :torn:

FluffNStuff
07-03-2012, 10:46 AM

He is saying the current pinks will be turned into the contest winner items, ie, CRAFTABLE :)

Techno Email
07-03-2012, 10:53 AM
And who said the current pinks won't be craftable?

I did not say that the current pinks will not be used for crafting, in fact - quite the opposite! Not ALL legendary items will be used in crafting, but... if I had a level 70 beach bum bow, I might hold on to it just in case it's needed for crafting. :abnormal: In fact, there is a chance for any legendary level 70 item to be used in crafting. You'll just have to find out when it's release! Sometimes surprises can be fun. Isn't a movie more fun to watch when you don't already know the ending? :banana:

CrimsonTider
07-03-2012, 10:59 AM
I did not say that the current pinks will not be used for crafting, in fact - quite the opposite! Not ALL legendary items will be used in crafting, but... if I had a level 70 beach bum bow, I might hold on to it just in case it's needed for crafting. :abnormal: In fact, there is a chance for any legendary level 70 item to be used in crafting. You'll just have to find out when it's release! Sometimes surprises can be fun. Isn't a movie more fun to watch when you don't already know the ending? :banana:

Thank you for making me feel better about holding on to at least one of every lvl 70 pink item (except for mage gear... who plays with them??) ;)

vampinoy
07-03-2012, 11:00 AM
I really appreciate how badly you guys want this stuff out. The reason I don't give you guys exact dates, or promise the soonest possible date is because we're doing some very complicated stuff behind the scenes. We have recently integrated some powerful new technology that allows us to do some really exciting stuff. There is always a chance for things to get delayed, especially when you're making something that has never been done before. We need the ability to hold content back in order to maintain the quality that you guys expect and deserve. I just wanted to give you a little insight into that aspect of how we operate because I understand where you're coming from. I hope that info helps. :torn:

I don't think he speaks for us Techno, I can see people are very much willing to wait for this. In fact, many people are still too busy grinding and farming to even think about the next update on item sets. I'm one of those, please take your time (not too long though LOL), sweep us off our feet.

Xionskull
07-03-2012, 11:20 AM

Hi guys,

ZOMG EPIC! /myweaponidrewissoontobeinaset!

Whirlzap
07-03-2012, 11:52 AM
I'll start to laugh when the same thing with Nuri's Hallows happens to these pinks.

Techno Email
07-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Aw, I quite liked the easy bosses haha. Tiki god one hit KO's me :offended:

Yikes! Sounds like a job for a great group! If you join up with other players of different classes, your survivability should definitely increase. Forgive me if you already know this stuff - but class roles can be a life saver! Bears have a special ability to draw aggro, so that enchantresses can hang back and heal, while archers hang back dropping DPS. The game takes on a whole different form when you can find a group that uses these class role mechanics. :D

Techno Email
07-03-2012, 12:14 PM

Yes! :cupcake:

Windwaiker
07-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Yikes! Sounds like a job for a great group! If you join up with other players of different classes, your survivability should definitely increase. Forgive me if you already know this stuff - but class roles can be a life saver! Bears have a special ability to draw aggro, so that enchantresses can hang back and heal, while archers hang back dropping DPS. The game takes on a whole different form when you can find a group that uses these class role mechanics. :D

Hehe thanks for the tips, but I discovered how to kite him if the bear fails to keep aggro :) If tiki ever gets a long ranged AOE attack, give us the shrine of Olmec or somthing to cower behind, lol!

Griffinfan
07-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Wow Techno, you guys outdid yourselves!

Thanks for all you and the developers put into the game to make cool new things for the game.

I know a little of how games like these work so I can really appreciate the updates knowing what was put in to it. After all like Samhayne said in a different thread "Making new items in the game isn't just a wave of a magic wand".

Thanks for all you guys do, and great job on these updates!!!!

Suentous PO
07-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Yes thank you for the feedback Techno, much appreciated!

razerfingers
07-03-2012, 08:46 PM

Sweet! Time to farm farm farm. So i dont have to be a noob because greedy people in cs :)

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

TANKKAAR
07-03-2012, 09:26 PM

WIN!

Elixirgod
07-04-2012, 06:06 AM

Lol, I bet thats his first post.

Jsaieagle
07-04-2012, 06:44 AM

Techno Email, do you mean there would be two sets for each class!!?

JaytB
07-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Techno Email, do you mean there would be two sets for each class!!?

If humanity and humanian are going to be sets, I think it's pretty safe to assume that it will be true for the other two sets too :)

angeldawn
07-04-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm so excited to see how this all plays out ;-)

nmyxspaceship
07-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Wait so humanian set has bonus?! Like sparkles or flames!! Better get your sets fast bc they are garbage no more after the update! :excited:

McBain
07-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Now's the time to buy up all those cheap pinks that sellers lowered the prices on because they weren't "set items"

Chopper
07-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Now's the time to buy up all those cheap pinks that sellers lowered the prices on because they weren't "set items"

shhhhhhhh ha ha

Vuvuzaylor
07-06-2012, 06:34 PM
hmmm thats why im NOT gonna buy any pink item in CS before crafting isn't released...i'm pretty sure that the islanders are going to be crafted, but wasting money on it is too early if i don't have the proof on it..

Techno Email
07-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Quick update for y'all:

All legendary Humania items will belong to item sets. Sun God's, Humanian's, and Islander's armor and helms can be combined with a matching mainhand and offhand weapon for a tanking set bonus. Of tiki, Hula Dancer's and of Humanity gear can be combined with a two handed weapon for a damage set bonus.

NOTE: Dual spears will count for the archer's tanking set bonus, not the damage set bonus.

There will be tank and damage set bonuses for crafted items. They will be different from the legendary drop set bonuses because there will not be a crafted version of every legendary Humania drop.

What does this mean to you? The same crafted helm and armor can be used for a tanking set or a damage set. Your crafted weapon will determine which set bonus you get. Two handed weapons count towards damage set bonuses (with the exception of dual spears, see above note). A main and offhand weapon (or dual spears) count towards tanking set bonuses.

Which legendary weapons will we be required for crafting? That is my little secret... for now... :hopelessness:

WoundedEagle
07-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Which legendary weapons will we be required for crafting? That is my little secret... for now... :hopelessness:

Ooo. Interesting set up though.

TANKKAAR
07-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Quick update for y'all:

All legendary Humania items will belong to item sets. Sun God's, Humanian's, and Islander's armor and helms can be combined with a matching mainhand and offhand weapon for a tanking set bonus. Of tiki, Hula Dancer's and of Humanity gear can be combined with a two handed weapon for a damage set bonus.

NOTE: Dual spears will count for the archer's tanking set bonus, not the damage set bonus.

There will be tank and damage set bonuses for crafted items. They will be different from the legendary drop set bonuses because there will not be a crafted version of every legendary Humania drop.

What does this mean to you? The same crafted helm and armor can be used for a tanking set or a damage set. Your crafted weapon will determine which set bonus you get. Two handed weapons count towards damage set bonuses (with the exception of dual spears, see above note). A main and offhand weapon (or dual spears) count towards tanking set bonuses.

Wait a second! Earlier in This thread you stated humanity NoT humanian.... Is this just a typo or did it change?

KingFu
07-06-2012, 09:38 PM
and helms can be combined with a matching mainhand and offhand weapon for a tanking set bonus. Of tiki, Hula Dancer's and of Humanity gear can be combined with a two handed weapon for a damage set bonus.[/QUOTE]

Sun God, Islander, and Humanian's? Wouldn't it be SG, islander, and of humanity since they all deliver a +29 on the attributes? Seems mixed up with the str gear

styg2012
07-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Is "Main-hand" same thing as "one hand with same attribute"?

Energizeric
07-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Sun God, Islander, and Humanian's? Wouldn't it be SG, islander, and of humanity since they all deliver a +29 on the attributes? Seems mixed up with the str gear

Hrmmm....Sounds like I've read this stuff before Techno Email posted it.... :)

Yes, my predictions that I posted earlier in the week were 100% accurate except for this mixup you mention here. If it is indeed a mistake that Techno Email made in her post here, then I am 100% correct. Otherwise I had the Humanian's and of Humanity backwards, which is understandable considering the point you make here. I guess we will find out when she responds again to this question.

BTW, I told you all the Sun God's Bow would not be part of any set. :banana:

Energizeric
07-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Actually, I just had another thought. She says "All legendary Humania items will belong to item sets."....

Does this mean that any 1H weapon can be worn with Humanian's armor and helm? For example, would Humanian's armor and helm along with Nightmare Scimitar of Humanity and Bongo of Humanity get a set bonus? That would be a mixed set with 2 Humanian's items and 2 Humanity items. Perhaps she is hinting at that. I guess we need to wait to find out.

Zeus
07-07-2012, 02:26 AM
Quick update for y'all:

Hey, Techno, just a quick question? May I ask why archers are getting a duel hand, melee weapon as their tank set? All other classes get a shield and weapon but we birds have to get stuck with the pitiful shanks? That defeats the whole purpose of an archer. Does that mean Sun God bow is just going to be trash now?

Seems to me that archers are getting the short end of the stick, yet again.

Energizeric
07-07-2012, 05:45 AM
It does make perfect sense that Humanian's, Sun God's and Islander's would be the "tank" sets as they all have higher armor ratings than their Of Humanity, Of Tiki and Hula Dancer's counterparts.

Patricks
07-07-2012, 06:46 AM
Quick update for y'all:

Hey, Techno, just a quick question? May I ask why archers are getting a duel hand, melee weapon as their tank set? All other classes get a shield and weapon but we birds have to get stuck with the pitiful shanks? That defeats the whole purpose of an archer. Does that mean Sun God bow is just going to be trash now?

Seems to me that archers are getting the short end of the stick, yet again.

Don't think sun god bow will be trash. I think CRAFTED dex set will be formed from sun god items.

Jugernugetx
07-07-2012, 11:47 AM
humanity and humanian? i guess all pinks are sets then lol... right?

Patricks
07-07-2012, 06:19 PM
humanity and humanian? i guess all pinks are sets then lol... right?

All pink helms and armors are part of sets. Half of all pink weapons and shields are part of sets.

Energizeric
07-07-2012, 06:25 PM
All pink helms and armors are part of sets. Half of all pink weapons and shields are part of sets.

Perhaps you missed the first sentence in Techno Email's post: "All legendary Humania items will belong to item sets."

I'm guessing what she is hinting at is that you can mix and match. I guess we will find out soon enough...

FluffNStuff
07-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Perhaps you missed the first sentence in Techno Email's post: "All legendary Humania items will belong to item sets."

I'm guessing what she is hinting at is that you can mix and match. I guess we will find out soon enough...

Right after all, she spells out what all means. Not just some prefixes, but all prefixes.