PDA

View Full Version : Remove "Elite" from "The Killer Elite" title.

Whirlzap
07-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Because too many people have used Thrashers to get to level 71 and get "The Killer Elite."

Which does not even make any sense at all. Should be "The Elite Killer."

Second of all, you are not "elite" at all for spamming Thrashers and elixirs to level up.
Maybe just make it "The Killer" which actually sounds enticing and add the "elite" part for those who leveled to 71 without Platinum.

RedRyder
07-02-2012, 08:22 PM
How about a "let it go" title?

Honestly, nit picking at every thing won't make the game enjoyable for you. Stop putting yourself on a higher plateau just because you have all the spare time in the world to leisurely play the game. We have jobs, we have families, little gaming time, but would still like to get ahead of others. We make our own money, we do what we want with our money. How people choose to enjoy the game is their business, especially if it doesn't effect your own gameplay.

Posts like this are usually beyond me, but you really need to let it go.

Sryyoulose
07-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Spending money is pretty elite spending=p

kiitz
07-02-2012, 08:40 PM

Honestly, nit picking at every thing won't make the game enjoyable for you. Stop putting yourself on a higher plateau just because you have all the spare time in the world to leisurely play the game. We have jobs, we have families, little gaming time, but would still like to get ahead of others. We make our own money, we do what we want with our money. How people choose to enjoy the game is their business, especially if it doesn't effect your own gameplay.

This, twice. There is nothing wrong with using elixirs and you are not special for not using elixirs.

I don't know if you are too young to be allowed to buy plat cuz your parents won't let you use their credit cards, just don't make enough to use money on plat, or are some kind of crazy purist who prefers to spend 40+ hours grinding the same thing and not cap on all your characters, but its obvious you feel threatened by others getting ahead of you with what you deem to be an unfair advantage. I'm sorry, but your "achievements" in this game means nothing and you are taking it too seriously.

Please note, I have not leveled in this campaign and I haven't spend any plat, but I just feel like you are unjustly attacking the people who have used thrashers to level.

Iphoneington
07-02-2012, 08:42 PM
I agree with RedRyder,we all have our own lives with different things going on. Don't let simple things like this get to you. Enjoy the game and don't mind others; just worry about yourself.

Reddwing
07-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Does this mean *elite* people aren't allowed to use platinum?

Phoenixking
07-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Because too many people have used Thrashers to get to level 71 and get "The Killer Elite."

Which does not even make any sense at all. Should be "The Elite Killer."

Second of all, you are not "elite" at all for spamming Thrashers and elixirs to level up.
Maybe just make it "The Killer" which actually sounds enticing and add the "elite" part for those who leveled to 71 without Platinum.
What is up with you and platinum people

HunterSLAYER
07-02-2012, 09:41 PM

Even though THRASHERS are OVERRATED,i must agree with Redryder's point there. NOT EVERYONE HAS THE LUXURY TO GRIND ALL DAY LONG LIKE YOU!

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Whirlzap
07-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Well duh.
Getting a title is already good enough.
Although I don't see where the elite is in it.
I'm fine with awarding a title "The Killer" to anyone.

And in reply to the point here with me feeling an unfair advantage to those who used Plat, I don't even plan much to spam to 71.
I would be there if I decided to do some 40+ hour crazy grind session.
I have stuff to do in real life just like all of you.
I don't say I don't buy Plat. I just have better things to spend money on.
I respect people who buy Plat just as much as those who don't.
I don't mind a lot of people bashing on me for this "hate against Plat buyers" that you see in me.
I have a hate, but it's not against people who buy Plat.
Perhaps what we can say is that I have a hate against Plat buyers who believe they are superior, since they buy Plat.
Quite a lot of people who have an high ego like such and that includes me.

I know and personally am friends with many players who farm just as much as I do but with Plat. If it clears runs faster for them, it's just even better.
But what I want is some sort of barrier between those who spent the time and those who spent the money.
It's fine if there is a title that is shared in common between these two factors, but to have "elite" in it doesn't cut it for me.
Besides, "The Killer" seems better to me than "The Killer Elite."

Phoenixking
07-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Well duh.
Getting a title is already good enough.
Although I don't see where the elite is in it.
I'm fine with awarding a title "The Killer" to anyone.

And in reply to the point here with me feeling an unfair advantage to those who used Plat, I don't even plan much to spam to 71.
I would be there if I decided to do some 40+ hour crazy grind session.
I have stuff to do in real life just like all of you.
I don't say I don't buy Plat. I just have better things to spend money on.
I respect people who buy Plat just as much as those who don't.
I don't mind a lot of people bashing on me for this "hate against Plat buyers" that you see in me.
I have a hate, but it's not against people who buy Plat.
Perhaps what we can say is that I have a hate against Plat buyers who believe they are superior, since they buy Plat.
Quite a lot of people who have an high ego like such and that includes me.

I know and personally am friends with many players who farm just as much as I do but with Plat. If it clears runs faster for them, it's just even better.
But what I want is some sort of barrier between those who spent the time and those who spent the money.
It's fine if there is a title that is shared in common between these two factors, but to have "elite" in it doesn't cut it for me.
Besides, "The Killer" seems better to me than "The Killer Elite."
So basicly just saying seperate the platinum spenders with the non platinum spenders although they did the same goal?
Whats the point to this? And I know it isn't hate, but you always have that issue of always saying something related to earning it with platinum and not earning it. You do it constantly and I don't see what is the point

ThePvpTwink
07-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Guild named <The Elite> and then theres "The Killer Elite" for ppl who r 71... :/

Bebsi
07-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Well, I have zero plat chars, too beside my standard ones. But that doesn't make me elite, lol.
It's just a different way to play the game. U have to spam more pots, earning money is much more difficult and like others mentioned u need a lot of time!

So, if u have never spent plat u should have only one auction slot, the standard face without bonus stats.
When u earned ur first million u just used one auction slot? U never used the free elixier?
U never joined a party where members were on thrasher? U never used free plat?... xD

I dunno why ur so scared from plat users. It just seems u don't have the means to buy plat so u hate everyone who can afford it.
Don't let it get to u. As said before... Ur achievements are not important for others...

Phoenixking
07-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Well, I have zero plat chars, too beside my standard ones. But that doesn't make me elite, lol.
It's just a different way to play the game. U have to spam more pots, earning money is much more difficult and like others mentioned u need a lot of time!

So, if u have never spent plat u should have only one auction slot, the standard face without bonus stats.
When u earned ur first million u just used one auction slot? U never used the free elixier?
U never joined a party where members were on thrasher? U never used free plat?... xD

I dunno why ur so scared from plat users. It just seems u don't have the means to buy plat so u hate everyone who can afford it.
Don't let it get to u. As said before... Ur achievements are not important for others...
Read his latest post carefully, if you did. Re-read it, he says "I don't say I don't buy plat."
he still buys platinum, he has the thing about pride though, where his achievements are important and usually people who use the "easy" way or platinum way deserve a lesser form of what the "elite" people do

Whirlzap
07-02-2012, 10:47 PM

So, if u have never spent plat u should have only one auction slot,Yes, I had one auction slot until I hit the level cap on my mage, which was at the time level 56. the standard face without bonus stats.Never ever switched my face. Still got the original mage face.
When u earned ur first million u just used one auction slot?
Earned my first million without even reaching level 40. I merchanted off of greens. U never used the free elixier?I don't see how this is related to Plat. It's a free elixir.
U never joined a party where members were on thrasher? How is this related to buying Plat?
U never used free plat?... xDThis is free Plat, I didn't buy it.

I dunno why ur so scared from plat users. I'm not scared.
It just seems u don't have the means to buy plat so u hate everyone who can afford it.I have money, I have a job. I also understand how to invest my paycheck in the long run.
Don't let it get to u. As said before... Ur achievements are not important for others...I have quite a few achievements I can be proud of.

Don't get me wrong. I never said I didn't buy Plat. I only said I don't buy huge amounts of it.

Jugernugetx
07-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Why the fuss guys? :D its just a title! Do you really need to complain over this?:)

StompArtist
07-02-2012, 11:02 PM
No one cares but you Whirlz, sorry.

Otukura
07-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Whirlz, why do you put each sentence on a new line?
I mean, it really gets quite aggravating sometime.
And my OCD doesn't let me handle it when each line ends at a different point
Speaking of which, are you mad that the OCD title requires 500p?
I don't think you should be.

Have a great day.

Swampy
07-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Whirlz, why do you put each sentence on a new line?
I mean, it really gets quite aggravating sometime.
And my OCD doesn't let me handle it when each line ends at a different point
Speaking of which, are you mad that the OCD title requires 500p?
I don't think you should be.

Have a great day.
Hypocrisy woot!

Anyways OP, it shouldn't concern you what other people spend their own money on. Sure, platinum users have an advantage but it isn't unfair, they bought it.

Elyseon
07-02-2012, 11:39 PM
I think there should be a title for killing 135 bosses in humania while using a shamus elixir and only getting a hula dancers staff
/rage

angeldawn
07-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Whirlz,

You only think ppl who use thrashers think they are more superior. You have such a hang up its getting to be quiet childish like a two year olds temper tantrum. You cant do it so no one else should be able to.

Maybe some people do think they are superior to u because they don't judge others unfairly.

angeldawn
07-02-2012, 11:57 PM
I think there should be a title for killing 135 bosses in humania while using a shamus elixir and only getting a hula dancers staff
/rage

Yeah it's called sucker ;-p that stuff never works u know better lol

Urqui
07-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Title doesnt know if you used thrashers or not. Just granted to you once you do it:P
I used thrashers to get to 70 :rolleyes:but I'm going hardcore without thrashers on 70-71;)

LwMark
07-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Just a title

Kraze
07-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Ok I don't use pots for three reasons:
1. I am cheap- nuff said
2. For me it feels like in cheating myself out of any real challenge
3. What's the rush? It's not like we are getting new maps every 30-60 days anymore a lot of the people taking the express route will be complaining about being bored in a few weeks while I'm still grinding away

Additionally (and I'll be the fist to admit I'm in the minority here) the inclusion of earning xp anywhere for plax and 4xs removes any notion of "elite" for me

Bebsi
07-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Read his latest post carefully, if you did. Re-read it, he says "I don't say I don't buy plat."
he still buys platinum, he has the thing about pride though, where his achievements are important and usually people who use the "easy" way or platinum way deserve a lesser form of what the "elite" people do

Yea, realized it after I posted that he posted sth new. I just didnt want to delete my post.

Anyway, I know where his prob is... he just doesn't like the fact that plat users can have the same achievements as him in a shorter periode of time.
Basically it's just an ego thing...

So, by complaining publicly others will know how hard he worked for his achievements.
The story how he made his first million I've read a few times already.
If u wouldn't have made such a circus u would have gained far more respect.

To keep it short, ok Whirlz, I acknowledge that ur achievements are special and therefore should be rewarded.

Wretch
07-03-2012, 12:35 AM
My $.02....

Thrashers have almost killed the good team play and organization... Coming from somebody that still doesn't have a lvl high enough to have even gotten a cop...

To those that spend the money... Thank you! You support more than I wish I could to this great company!

To those against buying into cap.... Thank you as well! I love playing with people without elixers that know their roles and the levels!

That is all! Goodnight!

kiitz
07-03-2012, 12:41 AM
My $.02....

Thrashers have almost killed the good team play and organization... Coming from somebody that still doesn't have a lvl high enough to have even gotten a cop...

To those that spend the money... Thank you! You support more than I wish I could to this great company!

To those against buying into cap.... Thank you as well! I love playing with people without elixers that know their roles and the levels!

That is all! Goodnight!

Well put and diplomatic. :)

You'll find that there are many very skilled players that still use thrashers. These are the same people that capped at 56 without thrashers and just relied on good team play. They just have decided that now that thrashers are available at reasonable prices, they would rather cap in 10 hours instead of 40, or perhaps they want to cap 3 toons in the time it would take to cap 1 and have extra time to pvp or merch.

Whirlzap
07-03-2012, 12:55 AM
Yea, realized it after I posted that he posted sth new. I just didnt want to delete my post.

Anyway, I know where his prob is... he just doesn't like the fact that plat users can have the same achievements as him in a shorter periode of time.
Basically it's just an ego thing...

So, by complaining publicly others will know how hard he worked for his achievements.
The story how he made his first million I've read a few times already.
If u wouldn't have made such a circus u would have gained far more respect.

To keep it short, ok Whirlz, I acknowledge that ur achievements are special and therefore should be rewarded.
You do realize respect isn't really being given to me right now?
I'm not afraid to make threads, not one is.
I've had plenty of other threads where I saw a huge bash-on-me before I even made the thread.
It's easy stuff.
Oh, and it's not that I don't like the fact Plat users can get some achievements in shorter times.
They can never get achievements that I worked for.
COP is long gone.
All them elite vanities will fade and poof.

All in favor of universal change to "The Killer" or at least having the adjective before the noun, "The Elite Killer", raise your ...computer mouse.

vampinoy
07-03-2012, 01:09 AM
I fail to see why platinum users should not get the title elite. For one, these players are the one cashing in to the company that most people are playing for free. Therefore, you are enjoying the monies of other people, indirectly. By downplaying these players, you are stepping on the source of development and existence of the game itself, that's a fact. I'm one of those players who've spent way over 500$ in this game, and I know I'm more valuable than those players who're "conservative" with their financial contributions. In fact, I'm going to go further and say combine hundreds of players who play this game non-stop and achieve everything with minimal platinum usage, and in the end, I'm still more valuable than all of them combined. Without me (and the other platinum users you are referring to), they would be playing another game. Therefore, not only am I elite, but I'm the source of life of this game (together with other more capable platinum players). That's a very sensitive issue you're tapping, if we decide to stop spending just to prove to you we can do it too (achieve everything with minimal platinum), this game would go down so fast, you can forget about achieving anything because this game will die. You're right, we're not supposed to be "elite" we're a lot better, we're the mafia behind the scenes, we make this game go around without you realizing it, we're paying for people who are not willing or not capable of cashing in. We subsidize your cheap selves. We've every right to be called elite, we're carrying you. Elite? you can have that title actually, I doesn't matter to me, that's just a title, but what I do mind is when someone is undermining my in-game capabilities just because I'm more financially capable, that's totally unfair. If I wasn't too busy trying to earn money to keep my head above water, I'm pretty sure I can achieve everything in this game without spending anything, I need to let my money work for me, I don't have the luxury of time that you have, but I have money to substitute for that. Between your time and my money? I think we both know who is more important.

HunterSLAYER
07-03-2012, 01:33 AM
I fail to see why platinum users should not get the title elite. For one, these players are the one cashing in to the company that most people are playing for free. Therefore, you are enjoying the monies of other people, indirectly. By downplaying these players, you are stepping on the source of development and existence of the game itself, that's a fact. I'm one of those players who've spent way over 500$ in this game, and I know I'm more valuable than those players who're "conservative" with their financial contributions. In fact, I'm going to go further and say combine hundreds of players who play this game non-stop and achieve everything with minimal platinum usage, and in the end, I'm still more valuable than all of them combined. Without me (and the other platinum users you are referring to), they would be playing another game. Therefore, not only am I elite, but I'm the source of life of this game (together with other more capable platinum players). That's a very sensitive issue you're tapping, if we decide to stop spending just to prove to you we can do it too (achieve everything with minimal platinum), this game would go down so fast, you can forget about achieving anything because this game will die. You're right, we're not supposed to be "elite" we're a lot better, we're the mafia behind the scenes, we make this game go around without you realizing it, we're paying for people who are not willing or not capable of cashing in. We subsidize your cheap selves. We've every right to be called elite, we're carrying you. Elite? you can have that title actually, I doesn't matter to me, that's just a title, but what I do mind is when someone is undermining my in-game capabilities just because I'm more financially capable, that's totally unfair. If I wasn't too busy trying to earn money to keep my head above water, I'm pretty sure I can achieve everything in this game without spending anything, I need to let my money work for me, I don't have the luxury of time that you have, but I have money to substitute for that. Between your time and my money? I think we both know who is more important.

You are delusional,my friend.

vampinoy
07-03-2012, 01:43 AM
You are delusional,my friend.

I would have expected no less from someone who publicly announced he never bought platinum...truth hurts my friend.

IshoootU
07-03-2012, 02:30 AM
let me guess. you've been booted far too many times from trying to sneak in trasher runs and now you hate them? i could be wrong of course =)

NotYoCookiez
07-03-2012, 07:55 AM
Whirlz,

You only think ppl who use thrashers think they are more superior. You have such a hang up its getting to be quiet childish like a two year olds temper tantrum. You cant do it so no one else should be able to.

Maybe some people do think they are superior to u because they don't judge others unfairly.

You do realize respect isn't really being given to me right now?
I'm not afraid to make threads, not one is.
I've had plenty of other threads where I saw a huge bash-on-me before I even made the thread.
It's easy stuff.
Oh, and it's not that I don't like the fact Plat users can get some achievements in shorter times.
They can never get achievements that I worked for.
COP is long gone.
All them elite vanities will fade and poof.

All in favor of universal change to "The Killer" or at least having the adjective before the noun, "The Elite Killer", raise your ...computer mouse.

Just like in real life rich people will always have the advantage of those who are less fortunate .

Money basically runs everything, and if you sit there and complain it will only put stress on you because in reality it won't be solved. If you were loaded with cash I'm sure you would be spending plat and doing thrasher runs when ever you get the chance so you can cut back your time since you have other things to do.

And you would have never made this thread. I mean really If you had other things to do, why would you waste your time about changing a title? What does a title tell you? If someone calls you a name does it automatically make you that?

Rare
07-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Leveling the equivalent of 10 or 11 levels when there really isn't much to gain other than a helmet is hardcore/elite.

Regardless of whether or not they used elixirs.

Honestly, who cares? Some people care too much about perception that other have of them while trying to act like they don't. Like, for example, saying:

"I don't care what people think about me" in the same breath as saying "I want people to know I'm more elite than others".

Kraze
07-03-2012, 08:51 AM

Just wow seems like a lot of anger in there. The fact of the matter for me is that playing with a thrashers versus playing without pots is the difference between playing any other game on casual and hardcore. However of you feel that throwing more money in to the game makes you better than everyone there is nothing nothing I will type here will change that opinion. People will just have to agree to disagree.

Rare
07-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Just wow seems like a lot of anger in there. The fact of the matter for me is that playing with a thrashers versus playing without pots is the difference between playing any other game on casual and hardcore. However of you feel that throwing more money in to the game makes you better than everyone there is nothing nothing I will type here will change that opinion. People will just have to agree to disagree.

Got a feeling we'll be seeing a lock pretty soon.

Rauekat
07-03-2012, 09:14 AM
I would prefer to keep it sounds fine! Especially when your guild is "The Elite" and your title is "The Killer Elite". ;)

vampinoy
07-03-2012, 10:11 AM

I just wanted to highlight that we (meaning people who use thrasher or platinum in general) should not be looked down just because we couldn't dedicate our time. I felt that I had to respond to this because I belong to that group. I won't allow someone stepping on us without hearing from me at least. Yes, I do feel that I'm a more valuable player because I spent more, that's how it is in anything in life, gaming is not an exemption. I'm not saying I'm a better PVP player or a better PVE player, or who is more hardcore, what I'm saying is, I'm a more valuable player/customer from POV of STS. What the TS is implying is to separate non-thrasher users from thrasher users, in a way that will put the thrasher users at a lower plateau. That's almost like asking STS to stab themselves. On another note, in today's time, you can't be just hard working, you'll be left behind...you also need to work smart. There you have an achievement, I know I have the means to fast track it, plus I don't have the time, so I decide to be smart and get the job done quick...that's how it is also in real life. True I didn't work as hard, I worked smart, and still got the job done, I should be commended for being efficient - time is gold -, I've never heard of a reward for someone who delivers slowly, it's always the result, result, result, who cares if person A worked 100 hours for it, and I worked just 10 hours? that's all the same, same result, I was just faster, and you got there 90 hours later. But person A will say he worked 100 hours, sure he'll probably be given pat in the back , but that don't pay the bills if you get what I'm saying, result does. Anyway, I'm not accepting that I'm a lesser player, I'm a smarter player, you work hard here? I'm already done here, enjoying another game or doing something else productive. Anyway, yes let's agree to disagree.

ZHEOTARE
07-03-2012, 10:13 AM
Funny. I remember leveling to 66 in Fang. You asked me if I wanted in on your thrash team. I join once you said it was organized. Strangely, everyone was on thrashers, while you were on your beloved 1.5s. I did one run and left.

Sorry, but since that day I chuckle every time i see you bragging about you making it on 1.5s. You use people on thrashers, then think they should be separated from non 2x, 3x, or 4x?? Please. My money keeps this game going for you. I don't throw that in anyone's face. So please stop with the "you aren't elite because you use thrashers"

NotYoCookiez
07-03-2012, 10:41 AM
I could agree more with you zheo

I remember he joined my thrasher party with 1.5 lix also.

Windwaiker
07-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Funny. I remember leveling to 66 in Fang. You asked me if I wanted in on your thrash team. I join once you said it was organized. Strangely, everyone was on thrashers, while you were on your beloved 1.5s. I did one run and left.

Sorry, but since that day I chuckle every time i see you bragging about you making it on 1.5s. You use people on thrashers, then think they should be separated from non 2x, 3x, or 4x?? Please. My money keeps this game going for you. I don't throw that in anyone's face. So please stop with the "you aren't elite because you use thrashers"

Ouch, using fake thrashers? Maybe that's how someone can get to a cap in 3 days without using plat

Rare
07-03-2012, 12:45 PM

Deep

Register
07-03-2012, 08:24 PM
This is ridiculous. Everybody here. People who I figured we're respectable and civilized are openly attacking Whirlz. People are getting worked up over trivial things? Not just people who posted, but Whirlz too. I mean, it's a title. Not much we can do to change it, so get used to it or it won't get any better. To the other posters, is it really necessary to flame Whirlz?! I think some people need to keep their childish opinions to themselves. Either keep them to yourself or think them through better.

Sometimes, it's the adults that are "acting like children".....

IshoootU
07-03-2012, 08:24 PM

Oh dear! This explains a lot...

Should have kept quiet there Whirlz

StompArtist
07-03-2012, 11:04 PM

No one should care about what Whirlz has done or does in game either, come on this thread does not warrant the Holy Inquisition.

ZHEOTARE
07-03-2012, 11:20 PM
This is ridiculous. Everybody here. People who I figured we're respectable and civilized are openly attacking Whirlz. People are getting worked up over trivial things? Not just people who posted, but Whirlz too. I mean, it's a title. Not much we can do to change it, so get used to it or it won't get any better. To the other posters, is it really necessary to flame Whirlz?! I think some people need to keep their childish opinions to themselves. Either keep them to yourself or think them through better.

No one should care about what Whirlz has done or does in game either, come on this thread does not warrant the Holy Inquisition.

I agree with both your points. In fact, I've never responded to any of his boasts, or bashing (that I remember off hand). This one takes the cake IMO. Suggesting they change a title based on whether the person used plat or not is ridiculous. If he wants to make post like this, then he should take the feedback, positive or negative, that comes with it. I open myself for the same feedback anytime i start, or respond, to a thread.

Phoenixking
07-03-2012, 11:39 PM

Question, would you keep your opinion to yourself when one person keeps bragging endlessly? Or wanting to always change something because of the spenders and the "true" hardcore? It's feedback, and he keeps on letting it happen

Thegreenduck
07-04-2012, 04:05 AM
It started with an opinion, then led to a argument...
And for what...a title...
The title/achievement feature is totally new so fuzzing about it isnt gonne make it better...
Got a complain, then pm a sts employee...
Got an suggestion, then post on the suggestion box/thread or whatever its called..

My opinion, they got it like this cuase *the elite* and *the killer(s)* are both active guilds, so they proberbly had to do so and fix it later since they had and still have major issues!