PDA

View Full Version : Level 71 Elite Cap (About the looks, not about the bonus)

kiitz
07-02-2012, 09:50 PM
I don't want to seem like a whiner, but here goes a tiny bit of whining.

I appreciate the devs putting in the effort to change the volcano helm look to the new elite vanity helm look, but honestly, I still feel like it is not very attractive.

I have noticed that most level 71s don't even wear it! Back when COP first came out, if you had it, you can bet your *** you had it on. It looked sick and could literally go well with any other pieces of gear.

Don't get me wrong, the new vanity helm isn't ugly persay, but its just not nearly as cool looking as the COP. Also, since it is kinda greenish, it really does not go with other gear, like a nice gold or silver or even black can. Further, it looks a lot like the free spartan gear which pretty much everyone received, which kinda screamed "noob" if you wore it because everyone had it.

I don't know if its appropriate to ask for another redesign since the devs already extremely graciously took us up on our previous complaints and already did a redesign, but I was hoping to get some more input from the rest of you.

I feel like even a reskin/color change of the old COP would be better. Perhaps bigger horns, maybe additional prongs, maybe a COP that looks more like a lion's mane. I don't know! Let's get some suggestions! Seriously, I love the look of the old COP and it seemingly went with everything! I would like to see people rocking the new elite vanity as well. I see more 71's without it on, than with it on.

NECROREAPER
07-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Read my thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?61213-The-reason-why-the-71-Elite-vanity-looks-like-it-does

Mysticalnova
07-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Yep, I agree !

Dreuefesie
07-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Remember, the 71s helm is not apart of a 'set' at the moment which means no sparkles or bonus. Where as the CoP is apart of a set giving a bonus.
Necroreaper's thread is worth reading.

RedRyder
07-02-2012, 10:09 PM

I appreciate the devs putting in the effort to change the volcano helm look to the new elite vanity helm look, but honestly, I still feel like it is not very attractive.

I have noticed that most level 71s don't even wear it! Back when COP first came out, if you had it, you can bet your *** you had it on. It looked sick and could literally go well with any other pieces of gear.

Don't get me wrong, the new vanity helm isn't ugly persay, but its just not nearly as cool looking as the COP. Also, since it is kinda greenish, it really does not go with other gear, like a nice gold or silver or even black can. Further, it looks a lot like the free spartan gear which pretty much everyone received, which kinda screamed "noob" if you wore it because everyone had it.

I don't know if its appropriate to ask for another redesign since the devs already extremely graciously took us up on our previous complaints and already did a redesign, but I was hoping to get some more input from the rest of you.

I feel like even a reskin/color change of the old COP would be better. Perhaps bigger horns, maybe additional prongs, maybe a COP that looks more like a lion's mane. I don't know! Let's get some suggestions! Seriously, I love the look of the old COP and it seemingly went with everything! I would like to see people rocking the new elite vanity as well. I see more 71's without it on, than with it on.

Read my thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?61213-The-reason-why-the-71-Elite-vanity-looks-like-it-does

Youd appreciate it more if you did as necro suggested. It's the most genius piece of equipment in all of pocket legends. It's actually tied into real life history, down to its color way. The design team really did its homework with this one.

kiitz
07-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Read my thread:

Ah, I must have missed that thread somehow. No wonder more people were not complaining (at least on the forums) because you already squashed it with the, "Its my culture" thing. Well, what can I say. I respect your Hawaiian culture, and actually just the other day I was reading about the island of Niihau. (Quite interesting)

Anyway, I am not going to ask that it be changed from the Mahiole, but instead that maybe STS can make it look MORE like a Mahiole (and a really cool version) rather than a green-ish spartan helm. You gotta admit that what we have looks a LOT more like a greenish spartan helm rather than a sweet Hawaiian feather helm fit for the highest ranking chiefs.

Also, winning over the small percentage of active forumers with the background on the item still does not change the fact that most people (at least that I have seen) do not wear it and probably will not until they also can get a bonus from it.

P.S. Would be hilarious if 6 months from now STS just reskinned the spartan chest piece and they were like JK, it WAS a spartan helmet!!
P.S.S. Would also be funny if the chest piece was like a $5 Hawaiian shirt that you buy at a tourist trap. It's islandy!

The Flash
07-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Did you think before you wrote? The reason we COP owners dont wear it is because it would break our set. Also COP is definetly the best looking helm period, which means any new design would fail compared to COP(STS did it right the 1st time). If STS made the new elite helm a pile of poop and made it combo with other while giving 4 times the boost you better be sure il take the COP off and sport that pile of poop.

Also the volcano was fine.

kiitz
07-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Did you think before you wrote? The reason we COP owners dont wear it is because it would break our set. Also COP is definetly the best looking helm period, which means any new design would fail compared to COP(STS did it right the 1st time). If STS made the new elite helm a pile of poop and made it combo with other while giving 4 times the boost you better be sure il take the COP off and sport that pile of poop.

Yeah, I thought before I wrote, tough guy. /Whimper. Did I specify COP owners?

If you have the COP, I understand why you don't have the new gear on. I wasn't talking about vs. the COP. That's a no brainer AT ALL.

I'm seeing new 71s without any other vanities on, or just the chest vanity and STILL no new level 71 elite cap.

Also, I read Necro's post. Really interesting stuff.

slaveleia
07-02-2012, 10:18 PM
I want my Volcano helm! Everybody on here knows this...lmao

StompArtist
07-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Youd appreciate it more if you did as necro suggested. It's the most genius piece of equipment in all of pocket legends. It's actually tied into real life history, down to its color way. The design team really did its homework with this one.

Not to mention the answer to the simple question that is: "how many freaking ways is there to decorate a hat?" :-P

The Flash
07-02-2012, 10:35 PM

Yeah, I thought before I wrote. /Whimper. Did I specify COP owners?

If you have the COP, I understand why you don't have the new gear on. I wasn't talking about vs. the COP. That's a no brainer AT ALL.

I'm seeing new 71s without any other vanities on, or just the chest vanity and STILL no new level 71 elite cap.

Also, I read Necro's post. Really interesting stuff.

You dont get it do you? No matter how ugly the lv56 elite helms would have been wearing it means you are old school/hardcore as that helm was never intended to give a bonus or be a vanity. Yet those who have it earned it regardless.

Also there is no point in wearing the lv71 helm as it gives no bonus. Lastly there is no need to wear the lv71 helm to prove "you capped at 71" as you level does so. Just wait for new cap and people will wear it proudly since it will mean they were part of the 71 cap.

Whirlzap
07-02-2012, 10:49 PM

Well yeah.
But I'll also bet you a gold cap that most players just quit wearing it later when crafted sewer sets came out.

kiitz
07-02-2012, 11:34 PM
You dont get it do you? No matter how ugly the lv56 elite helms would have been wearing it means you are old school/hardcore as that helm was never intended to give a bonus or be a vanity. Yet those who have it earned it regardless.

Also there is no point in wearing the lv71 helm as it gives no bonus. Lastly there is no need to wear the lv71 helm to prove "you capped at 71" as you level does so. Just wait for new cap and people will wear it proudly since it will mean they were part of the 71 cap.

I don't get "it"... Okay, maybe I don't. Let me recap and you call teach me what I do not "get".

The COP as you have mentioned before looks freakin' awesome. People wore it all the time - when they got it, and after that to get bonus and to show they were "old school and a bad@ss."

This one does not give bonus stats yet. Okay, so no reason to wear it unless it looks freakin' awesome. It doesn't. So people who wouldn't break vanity sets STILL often don't wear it.

I'm asking to make it look a little cooler. Maybe not as cool as the COP. Maybe thats impossible because the COP looks amazing. That doesn't mean that STS can't make the new vanity look a little better than a reskinned spartan helm that is supposed to be a bad@ss chief's helm.

We're on the same page on a few things. If I had a helm that gave me awesome stats even though it was a brown pile of poo, I would wear it. But I would also wear a vanity that I worked hard for if it looked cool even if it didn't give me stats yet.

I have all the old vanity gear, so its not about jealousy over the COP being cooler. I just don't see many people wearing the new vanity (even though they are not breaking old sets and do not have dragon gear.) and that means it could be changed to look better - EVEN as it continues to represent the Hawaiian culture, which fits the current expansion with the whole island theme.

You don't care about looks. I got that. I really don't either and I don't care if I am wearing the ugliest mishmosh of stuff if it means I have the best stats for what I am trying to achieve. But I think STS would rather have people wear the vanity than not, and I wanted to see who else felt the way I did. Maybe no one does, and I should just shut up, which I will do after this thread.

What am I not getting. Enlighten me, all understanding one.

kiitz
07-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Well yeah.
But I'll also bet you a gold cap that most players just quit wearing it later when crafted sewer sets came out.

Interesting... I think everyone kept wearing it after crafted sewer sets came out. At least everyone I knew. The cop went well with the crafted sewer sets, and literally everything else.

vampinoy
07-03-2012, 02:53 AM
I agree with kiitz when he said the current elite vanity still isn't as cool looking as CoP. I think nobody can deny that. However, I think he forgot to take into account the essence behind the Monarch of Humania, that's where its beauty lies, beneath. Though, one (or many) may argue that it's a vanity, and vanities are superficial and physical, and not based on deeper meanings etc., I'll advise them to reserve this argument until after the second piece is released. I've seen vanities in other games that looks underwhelming when worn alone, but when paired with the correct item, you start to appreciate its beauty. I think the Monarch of Humania's historical background is enough to earn itself a chance. If, even after wearing the future next piece of this new set, it still looks "un-cool", then STS will have a lot of explaining to do. Not everyone, after all, is from Hawaii (no offense meant to anyone), I said that as a statement of fact, that's why they can't grasp the "inner beauty" (yet), so let's give it a chance, we'll see what happens, this might turn out to be a sleeper (hope so).

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 03:41 AM
The green color goes very well with the new Humania gear.

Wthlite
07-03-2012, 03:55 AM
I dont care much for the 71 vainity, it does have a cool background, and making another redesign of a COP would ruin it for people who already own a cop, such as myself.

Kaytar
07-03-2012, 03:56 AM
I actually really liked the volcano and I'm very upset that I didn't hit 71 soon enough to get it :(

The Flash
07-03-2012, 04:05 AM
Well yeah.

Interesting... I think everyone kept wearing it after crafted sewer sets came out. At least everyone I knew. The cop went well with the crafted sewer sets, and literally everything else.

Cop looked badazz but I never wore it when it first came out.

1st It was a item not vanity and broke your set bonus.
2nd Even if it was a vanity I'll rather wear big luck and have a chance of better loot or wear a vanity that gave me 1+armor
3rd. People could just look at my level and see I hit elite cap. I didnt need a helm to do so.

Rauekat
07-03-2012, 09:17 AM
dude not to break the bad news but......u seem like a whiner :P

Roberto077
07-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Read NecroReapers thread. That explains everything

Hardcoure
07-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Not to stray too far off topic but the 71 cap is now the Hawaiian helm instead of a volcano? I've read they implemented a new elite vanity helm but I still see the volcano in game. Could someone clear me up on which is awarded for what?

Windwaiker
07-03-2012, 12:13 PM
The volcano was given as the 71 reward before the Hawaiian helm. Several days later, sts designed a new helm because the volcano was "ugly" and replaced it as the 71 cap reward. The people who got their volcanoes kept them and received the new helm too

kiitz
07-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Soon the volcano will be like one of the coolest items to have since so few people have it (like droid)

Arsenal
07-04-2012, 01:50 PM

actually, not many people wore CoP at all when it came out. it wasnt a vanity and a headpiece that completed set was preferred.

Mothwing
07-04-2012, 02:12 PM
I'm just curious to see how it ties in to future caps. You have to admit the first set went together pretty well. And I know there are a lot of shield haters out there...but that's my favorite piece. The colors went well, everything just...fit. A green and yellow helmet? Mehhhh. And don't say, "Respect the culture", because I'm entitled to my own opinion, nobody can change that. Yeah, it's related to culture, but it's a video game, not history class. I thought the whole point of playing games was to avoid school? I'm not saying we still can't learn, and part of these games' purposes are to educate us, but I'd chose a good looking item to better my experience versus a forced history lesson. The Volcanut would've went amazing with future updates, at least that's what I think. The new helm, not so much.

slaveleia
07-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Soon the volcano will be like one of the coolest items to have since so few people have it (like droid)

Thats the way I feel about it too! That is exactly the story. Im still hoping they re-release it later, it sounded like they have ideas for it. I give all the credit to players who went for the cap as fast as possible in the first day or second. They have the recognition & both of the helms. I should of went in hardcore & would have had it in like 2 or 3 days...ugh!

MightyMicah
07-04-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm gonna play Devil's advocate here and say, I still don't like the looks of it. I appreciate the history and the the "homework" that the devs did. I'm not disappointed at all, I simply don't like it. Personally, I'd rather have the volcano. In fact, I thought the original helm was not the volcano and that they created the volcano because people complained about the other one.

Anyways back to Devil's advocate. Would it be possible still to remake it? Just for discussion sake. I mean even if it's crazy with all the history, what if the vast majority of people still hate it? Isn't the point to make a vanity that people will want?

LwMark
07-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Technoemail said they probably bring it back maybe..but making it unique is cool to

Windwaiker
07-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I think the feather "Mohawk" is a bit big, and it looks pretty goofy. Later on, though, people will think it's cool, and it screams "Elite!" to anyone who sees it.

If I had my way, I'd make the Mohawk thinner and curve closer to the helm in the back than the front. Hopefully it would look more like the actual Hawaiian headdress.

Hardcoure
07-07-2012, 05:55 AM
I kind of hope they do it like elite vanity sets. Like the 56, 61, and 66 are one set and the next three elite vanities become a set. Each giving their own bonus maybe. It'd be interesting.

Vuvuzaylor
07-08-2012, 08:48 AM
didn't we had a bunch of those discussions yet??? I think we can leave it like that.

springtime
07-09-2012, 07:20 PM
I think that all elite gear should be made to wear together...keep adding on for one mega gear. The more you can gather the better. That would really show respect to the people who have been here for a long time.

Jblazer
07-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Read NecroReapers thread. That explains everything
He's right:)

Zaonabiuibil
07-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Meh. I'm greatful they give us ANYTHING for capping.

kiitz
07-09-2012, 09:41 PM
He's right:)

Lol, I DID read it, and it does a good job of explaining what it is. I'm just saying it just doesn't really look like what it is supposed to be. Tell me the truth, does it look more like the Hawaiian chief helm, or a greenish spartan helmet?

I'm not even asking to have to changed at this point, cuz I do not really care cuz I don't have it. I really just wanted to see if others felt the same way.

From the responses I've gotten back, I think there are people who do agree it doesn't look as good as it could, but not enough people care either way, or they are enamored enough with the story behind it, they do not care.

Personally, I'm happy to keep rockin' my level 56, 61 and 66 vanity gear cuz it looks 100x better anyway ;)

nmyxspaceship
07-09-2012, 10:20 PM
My view on the 71 vanity is it just doesn't look elite. The way they designed it has a weird matte finish and is big while the one in necros thread looks very elite and you would want to wear it as it is in the pictures he provides.

Just a level 66 point of view. A set bonus really can't make it look cooler. The CoP just looked really elite and many at high levels still wear it and those who didn't get it are beating them selves up because it is that cool looking.

elianel
07-09-2012, 10:46 PM
I will like something like this lol
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/thejoker177/69461dcc.jpg

Energizeric
07-10-2012, 02:12 PM
IMO a good vanity helm (or any vanity item) is one that matches well with other equipment you have. So far this vanity helm doesn't seem to match any of the Humania gear or any other gear. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Humania crafted sets having the same color scheme, and if that turns out to be true, then I think everyone will like it.

Cahaun
07-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Meh. I'm greatful they give us ANYTHING for capping.
And that is how I feel in Star Legends. The first few caps we had gave us little to nothing except the 21 cap which only gave players access to crafted weapons. I'm grateful to get anything from STS. I would've thought the volcanut hastle would teach people to just be glad for what they have because complaining can just make it worse.
I love the Volcanut and the new Hawaiian helm's looks and I'd do lots of runs for them, but I'm currently trapped in boring PUG's in the sewers and Nuri. T_T

kiitz
07-10-2012, 02:46 PM
IMO a good vanity helm (or any vanity item) is one that matches well with other equipment you have. So far this vanity helm doesn't seem to match any of the Humania gear or any other gear. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Humania crafted sets having the same color scheme, and if that turns out to be true, then I think everyone will like it.

That's true. Actually, I can see it looking pretty decent if there was like a cool robe with the same color pattern. Gear looks the best when it all matches (which is why sets look great). If the crafted humania gear goes well with it, it will definitely be a big step for improving its overall looks.