PDA

View Full Version : Bots Grinding to 71

Buddyf97
07-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Check this out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKrxWIn7mIA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

xWhirlz was able to guess their password, A (simplistic), and we found this!
Doesn't this ruin the cap?

Lowlyspy
07-03-2012, 12:48 AM
Cool, they'll get banned. No it doesn't ruin the cap.

Luvaria
07-03-2012, 12:49 AM
Wow! This is sad... They should get banned (sarcastic congratulations for making a bot from me) for this. It really ruins the game when ppl can get 71 like this.

Walkhardd
07-03-2012, 12:53 AM
im just mad that theyre so much smarter than me.

Sryyoulose
07-03-2012, 12:54 AM
Hmm? Bots suck.

zappaxe
07-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Lol excuse my noobyness but what is a bot? A program so they run over and over? Seems kinda lame.

WoundedEagle
07-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Here's my junk video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfE8qLUK6ss

Buddyf97
07-03-2012, 01:03 AM
Here's my junk video:

If that's junk, then what's mine? O.o
Manuwer?

plmafiaboss
07-03-2012, 01:03 AM
I made WoundedEagle also record a video.
They left eventually.

Here's some details.

They ALL have Warlord title.
They ALL are in Chaos Theory.
Each one of them has FULL dragon set, either they farmed it or bought it. My guess= farmed.
They also have Angelic Gear.
All four of them are at 95k EXP+, meaning they probably botted like this for all 95k EXP. This means over 48+hours of endless botting. That's a lot of gold from liquidating and pinks from boss.
They all move to left after they join.

I also saw this during Nuri's Cap, but didn't have anyone to record a video.
STS NEEDS to see this as well as the community.
They released this to Chrome.
These bots WILL COME and MORE WILL COME!
Stop them now before it's too late.chaos theory has been home to suspected botters/scammers before which werent looked into. With the same guild bein brought up in the same subject of botting i think sts might wanna look into it this time O.o...

WoundedEagle
07-03-2012, 01:09 AM
If that's junk, then what's mine? O.o
Manuwer?

Mine was just bad because it had AdultSwim commercials playing in the back round for the first few mins. lol

Mysticalnova
07-03-2012, 01:09 AM
I Knew something was up with those people, Iv'e seen them in cs and they always walk at same time and have a Dragon Set (Worst Drop Rate) lol !

Well I hop they do get banned, nice catch of them in runs :)

TEOKILLO
07-03-2012, 01:10 AM
Lol excuse my noobyness but what is a bot? A program so they run over and over? Seems kinda lame.

Idk whats a bot too

SuperGotenks
07-03-2012, 01:11 AM
How in the world do you bot? This is something sts should've covered ways back in the caps

Mysticalnova
07-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Good Job Whirlz ! Hope they get a perma banned

zappaxe
07-03-2012, 01:19 AM
^^ pms are pms no matter who it is^^ it's against ToS to post that there. Tyvm

TruePlayer
07-03-2012, 01:21 AM
Here's my junk video:

Seriously You guys r over reacting and just creating a myth, there noway to bot this game if so it be done along time a go, its way to hard now. And those guys r not bots they probably chinese and dont understand a word you saying.. No reason to ban them. Because to bot pl you need to bot skills of rev taking rev health pots mana pots and look in the video they dont even have exlair so its right to assume there boting lol. So posting something like this could get someone banned i hope those innocent people dont get banned.

Mysticalnova
07-03-2012, 01:22 AM
Illlll comes up to me and offers 1m saying stop..

TruePlayer
07-03-2012, 01:23 AM
On another note they r innocent until proven guilty. So this thread prob be deleted or lock when a dev see it. Poor chinese prob dont know why you guys following them lol

Paar
^^ Obviously a Botter.

Mysticalnova
Seriously You guys r over reacting and just creating a myth, there noway to bot this game if so it be done along time a go, its way to hard now. And those guys r not bots they probably chinese and dont understand a word you saying.. No reason to ban them. Because to bot pl you need to bot skills of rev taking rev health pots mana pots and look in the video they dont even have exlair so its right to assume there boting lol. So posting something like this could get someone banned i hope those innocent people dont get banned.

True, I've seen them in Balefort move perfectly into Guild Hall, ive tried on 2 of my devices lol and its hard, go give it a go. This is a obvious Bot if you cant clearly see.

Paar
07-03-2012, 01:25 AM
That is not the real TruePlayer in game right?

Luvaria
07-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Here's my junk video:

Lol okay so maybe they don't know what ur saying but if it's a passwords game u'd think they'd at least say something or boot you, etc. also, didn't you see the way they moved? Anyways, IMO hackers can always hack you eventually so it's possible, STS isn't invincible. Of course there's always a chance, so yeah, let's prove it xD.

SuperGotenks
07-03-2012, 01:28 AM
I have a feeling true is maybe one of the botters/defending the botters.

TruePlayer
07-03-2012, 01:28 AM
That is not the real TruePlayer in game right?
Old song but yes i am the real slim shady

Bebsi
07-03-2012, 01:29 AM
wounded, why is the exclamation mark blinking?

U should get xp while doing runs in Humania, right?

Mysticalnova
07-03-2012, 01:29 AM
If they offer you anything, I wouldn't take since they are Hackers/Botters and may do something to you acc :)

~Myst

Mysticalnova
07-03-2012, 01:30 AM

He disabled exp in options :)

TruePlayer
I have a feeling true is maybe one of the botters/defending the botters.

Yes if i was a botter i probably wouldnt have to spend so much money in this game lol. And i just today got to 71 so my bot is probaby broken. It dont seem to work :p

Luvaria
Oh also, since u guys got offered 1m to stop, it proves they speak English. So they're not ignoring you... They actually can't see what ur saying.

TruePlayer
07-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Yeah that's TruePlayer.
He's just dubious of some things at first.
I put here way more than enough evidence to prove that these players plus another one is a bot.
(The last one was not able to join the remakes since Bud/WE took their spots while recording.)

Well i am sure dev will
Look into it after this post.

SuperGotenks
07-03-2012, 01:35 AM
Well i am sure dev will
Look into it after this post.

Lol I'm just making sure :3

WoundedEagle
07-03-2012, 01:36 AM

Had my XP locked. Oops lol

TruePlayer
07-03-2012, 01:37 AM
You can cheat the player but you cant cheat the game!
So if u messing with the dev money lol u better watch out lol

brodiniozo
07-03-2012, 01:38 AM
Told yall, don't make PL for cpu's

Mysticalnova
07-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Had my XP locked. Oops lol

lol i already told him earlier on 1st Page :)

Luvaria
07-03-2012, 01:40 AM
I know! This is basically a repeat but I don't get why u think they're not bots, True.
1.Almost same movement
2.Dragon+Angelic
3.[Warlord]
4.<Chaos Theory>
5.They do speak English, as shown in the bribing attempt.
6.They didn't say anything/boot when one of them couldn't get in because the spots were taken.
7.The bribing attempt said "botting software," there's your solid evidence.

LwMark
07-03-2012, 01:40 AM
Lol i noticed all those single locked groups with llllll in it haha. Not cool

TruePlayer
07-03-2012, 01:42 AM
Well if we all wrong about them i think we should all apologize in chinese

Luvaria
07-03-2012, 01:43 AM

Fine. Dui bu qi! Nah, wo zai shuo huang, ni men dou shi ji qi ren -_-

Mysticalnova
07-03-2012, 01:46 AM

Translate :P lol

Luvaria
07-03-2012, 01:47 AM

Translate :P lol

Lol okay. "Sorry! Nah, I'm lying, your all bots -_-"
=P I couldn't help it.

Mysticalnova
07-03-2012, 01:51 AM
=P I couldn't help it.

LoL ! Well back to the thread :)

Luvaria
07-03-2012, 01:57 AM
=P I couldn't help it.

LoL ! Well back to the thread :)

If anyone is still here! I sure am not, I have to go D= Cya guys!

Elyseon
07-03-2012, 02:01 AM
I'll have to ask them for their dragon sets before they get banned ;D

kiitz
07-03-2012, 02:12 AM
How does the bot control multiple characters at the same time?

vampinoy
07-03-2012, 02:16 AM
This is really a discouraging sight...much effort and spending, only to find out some people didn't have to...no to bots!

Mysticalnova
07-03-2012, 02:26 AM
I'll have to ask them for their dragon sets before they get banned ;D

To Late :P

Ive tried way overpriced lmao but i asked few weeks after dragon set came out lol :)

brodiniozo
07-03-2012, 04:13 AM
How does the bot control multiple characters at the same time?

Yeah, let's inform everyone how to do it...... Duh

JaytB
07-03-2012, 05:41 AM
I wasn't convinced they were bots until the mobs got pulled away from them and they still kept firing all their skills and moving to an empty place.

Anyway, it's no surprise, botting is really simple to do if you know how. I'm sure botting has been going on since PL was released on Chrome. The only way to stop this is if STS puts some serious effort into anti-botting software. This software monitors repetitive movements and timing of skills over multiple runs. Don't know how hard this is to implement though.

Jewelsofjane
07-03-2012, 06:00 AM
Meh... I knew things like this would happen once introduced to CPU. It disappoints me..'especially for the dragon sets lol. You know how many times that I have farmed crypt? Gah... Should have become a botter;)

On another note: if they can bot, then pvp can be manipulated... Yup not happy.

CrimsonTider
07-03-2012, 06:24 AM

You realize you are the only one who has thrown aroind that they are Chinese, right? Just drop the whol "racial profiling" bit.

Floating
07-03-2012, 06:49 AM
WoW.... I mean bots in Legend games? Even the first mmo game got the botplague :S I feel sad for this... Lets hope they are banned.

PatsoeGamer
07-03-2012, 07:08 AM
"Exterminate!" lol

demoncrate
07-03-2012, 07:10 AM
So here goes. There's a wide difference between hackers and people who use bots.
The person who might have made the bot initially is probably someone who knows how to write code. The rest are probably just executing a program which the initial creator wrote.

To anyone who is interested, a bot is basically a macro. A macro is a series of pre-written instructions carried out in a sequence. So this means a person does not have to do anything, but just use the bot. This ruins game enjoyment. In this game where an avi level does not effect others this should not be much of a problem. But in other MMO's where there are wars going on this severely hurts the devs.
Using a bot to level up is a sad thing to see, I mean we all play for fun, don't we?, and for the challenges faced in levelling up. If that went away, then logging on would'nt be worth it.

Don't worry about getting hacked. One of these guys might know how to write a macro, but I doubt that they can hack into STS's servers and get your info. Its mostly the fear of getting hacked that leads you into doing silly things. Like giving them your e-mail address, or UDID, or Android ID. If you don't do that then there's no need to worry.

demoncrate
07-03-2012, 07:16 AM
Anyway, it's no surprise, botting is really simple to do if you know how. I'm sure botting has been going on since PL was released on Chrome. The only way to stop this is if STS puts some serious effort into anti-botting software. This software monitors repetitive movements and timing of skills over multiple runs. Don't know how hard this is to implement though.

A 'serious' effort might do it, but I am sure STS does not have the resources to implement something which would only stop a small minority. I mean most of us don't even know bots exist in PL, right?

Rare
07-03-2012, 09:11 AM
That's just funny.

Have to admit they are pretty synchronized.

Chopper
07-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Report them ASAP.

I wouldn't worry about them hacking you. Man, if they are so LAZY that they can't even play a game built for enjoyment purposes, then i'll bet they are much too lazy to figure a way to hack you and waste their precious time! LOL

Cahaun
07-03-2012, 09:48 AM
I never found botters in SL, but I thought I accidentally dropped into a botter's game in PL. What was their game passwords? A?

Windwaiker
07-03-2012, 09:49 AM
The password always seems to be A. Honestly, if someone gonna bot, they should be smarter about it...

Chopper
07-03-2012, 09:58 AM
The password always seems to be A. Honestly, if someone gonna bot, they should be smarter about it...

again, you are talking about a group of laaazy people here LOL

imsolegit
07-03-2012, 09:59 AM
bye to their accounts!

Noodleleg
07-03-2012, 09:59 AM
We ourselves can't stop it... I guess the only way to remove them is to have STS take better precautions... Maybe they should add a "report bot" button. This game's going to involve into something big like Runscape. Soon, we'll have hackers and all that bs. I just hope STS can stop them before they get there.

CrimsonTider
07-03-2012, 10:10 AM
You know, on second thought: let them keep it up. We can devise a list and use them for easy power-leveling!! Woot!!

;)

Hardcoure
07-03-2012, 10:15 AM
You know, on second thought: let them keep it up. We can devise a list and use them for easy power-leveling!! Woot!!

;)

I was thinking the same thing hehe :chuncky:

~A~
07-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Lol i saw this in fang... guild was chaos theory but different character names... and they got banned! :D
P.S. pass was same "A"

octavos
07-03-2012, 10:24 AM

;)

once these "BOTS" can lock there game (with better passwords) they will be simple for them to level up and no one noticing.

nmyxspaceship
07-03-2012, 10:41 AM
I can't take this! Some people work so hard to get a little gold and these nubs get cap with out even playing! Disgusting! I want justice!:P

Snakespeare
07-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Not very smart. He only recorded one macro and then used it on multiple accounts. You'd think he would record a separate macro for each of five accounts and a better password. The best way to detect it would be the duration of the instance. This one macro has an exact duration. STS records all kinds of data. They just have to sort the instances by duration to see the pattern. They don't need to make software, they could do it manually with very little effort.

Drizzid
07-03-2012, 11:29 AM
This is all too easy to do on a computer, theres no doubt in my mind that these are bots and that there are more of them.

Scripting software + hotkeys + fairly simple/consistent gameplay = extremely easy to unattended macro.

Ive used scripts for other games for skill gain where it was allowed, and ive done much more complex macros than this one. They will be banned, I'm sure.

Chopper
07-03-2012, 11:44 AM
along with their ban, they should have their stuff put up for auction ha.

Or as a reward to those that catch, report bots!

HunterSLAYER
07-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Macros are pretty easy to create.
And the ONLY WAY to prove your innocence is to play on mobile,all day,all time.

Macros can't be created nor executed on mobile. Current technology on smartphones have not surpassed Pcs'.

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Jiven
07-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Who's to say these guys didn't level from level 1 together and got really good at grouping with each other? this video doesn't prove that anyone is a bot.

Seiyen
07-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Wow am rlly surprised to see that botting can be done in legend games also,i used to play star trek online n my frnd used to do this, he was pretty amazing at bottin,he told me its simple as walkin in a park...

PS: i would rlly like to know how its done,just for educational purpose:cool:

-Raghav

HunterSLAYER
07-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Wow am rlly surprised to see that botting can be done in legend games also,i used to play star trek online n my frnd used to do this, he was pretty amazing at bottin,he told me its simple as walkin in a park...

-Raghav

Even noobs who totally don't know one bit of coding at all can create their own personalized scripts,bots and macros/trainers or plugins or watevr that breaks normal gameplay.

Rare
07-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Who's to say these guys didn't level from level 1 together and got really good at grouping with each other? this video doesn't prove that anyone is a bot.

What's more likely?

ExperimentNebulaCore
07-03-2012, 12:48 PM
hackers alway find a way to hack something. Since pl was released to cchrome, hacking will happen no matter what.

Dragonrider023
07-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Umm what is bot?

Zeus
07-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Umm what is bot?

Aliens!

In all seriousness, I can be a witness to this as I too was in their games. I would have recorded it, but my chrome wasn't working...

Whirlzap
07-03-2012, 01:08 PM
You said you were busy Parf>.>

Zeus
07-03-2012, 01:19 PM
You said you were busy Parf>.>

I was... >.>

Rauekat
07-03-2012, 01:34 PM

-Raghav

mmmmmmm......educational purposes u say o.O

XghostzX
07-03-2012, 01:58 PM
This isn't the first time I've seen botting :P

It was bound to happen once PL came out for Chrome. It happens, of course it's frustrating, I spent so much time and money grinding to the cap at mega maze (I'm impatient). It's life guys, just keep reporting the players and sending these things to support. It's an MMO, it WILL happen.

Jugernugetx
07-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Bot? lol. i hear that and think robot :p

razerfingers
07-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Lol, maybe they're hardcore and can all move at same time cause rhey all sitting next to eachother?

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

Cahaun
07-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Botters exist and the evidence heavily implies that they do. The best thing we can do is get the botter killed and bring his orders crashing down. What bot would know what to do if it never expected to die?

Swimmingstar
07-03-2012, 03:51 PM
im just mad that theyre so much smarter than me.

If everyone knew how to make bots then I wouldn't have a problem with it... but not everyone knows, so it's not fair.

Just thought of something really cool though, a Lego Mindstorms Pocket Legends Bot.

Rauekat
07-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Botters exist and the evidence heavily implies that they do. The best thing we can do is get the botter killed and bring his orders crashing down. What bot would know what to do if it never expected to die?

whos the dude with the freaky hair o.O

Snakespeare
07-03-2012, 04:11 PM
that's Vir from Babylon 5, I think... j/k
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vir_Cotto

demoncrate
07-03-2012, 04:15 PM
damn. Read above posts and realized why this dude was running those closed runs all the time. I thought, at that time, that he might be taking payment from people to level them up. Damn. That's one mystery solved.

csb
07-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Well... botting is more fun than actually playing a game, imho. I botted Everquest for years, 24/7, with my own group of 4 characters. But, it's a lot of work for virtual rewards, now I would rather spend my time making real cash, and only play games occasionally.

Snakespeare
07-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Haha, has this thread gone over 50 posts?
Where ARE the devs?.....

Well, fwiw I read the TOS (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?11694) and found this

You represent, warrant and agree that you will not engage in conduct or communication (written, verbal, or nonverbal) yourself, or by or through your avatar, which:
* hacks, modifies or otherwise makes use of cheats, mods, automation software (bots) or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the game experience;

So, they don't really have to do anything but delete those accounts.

Delphina
07-03-2012, 05:29 PM
I just wanted to let you know that I have passed this thread on and we are looking into it.

Kixxler
07-03-2012, 05:32 PM
I sense a botter, no?

Snakespeare
07-03-2012, 05:35 PM
I sense a botter, no?

No. TP is a respected oldie.

csb
07-03-2012, 06:50 PM

The normal way to deal with it is to investigate them. Follow them. See if they respond to chat. See if they run exactly the same course over and over. Change the conditions of the game; like kill all the stuff in front of them and see if they say "wtf?". I don't think they would be banned just because of the video.

In Everquest, the GM would summon my character to another part of the zone to see what I would do. I had to program some basic chat in my scripts, and be able to say something like "/g i must be bugged, i have to reboot". Then log off. Then my other characters would say, "oh well, i have to go anyway", "me too".

It's not so easy, the support people have to investigate carefully.

Nick41324
07-03-2012, 07:57 PM
it says the video is unavailable:/ is this so?

Suentous PO
07-03-2012, 07:58 PM
I would suggest not answering the how's and giving more info to cheaters. This is far too easy to learn. Also some of the comments are giving the botters solutions to not get caught.
Thank you to OP Whirlz and WE for shedding light on this problem.

csb
07-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Are you blind?
That stuff in bold is pretty much what exactly happened in the video.

They ignored him like he was a noob in the way. A support person should be able to instantly kill stuff, and not die while trying to train some mobs. Also, there are some zones in the game that you can't normally get to. If the group is transported to such a zone, it would be interesting to see what they do. It would have to be something that would cause a person to stop and take notice.

I knew a game scripter that got banned because the GM would summon his bot to the zone edge, and the script would keep trying to run the same pattern. The GM would keep summoning, and the character would keep trying to run the pattern. And, no response to chat.

EQ tried to write some code to detect bots, but the code accidentally caused some people to be banned because they had such a regular grind routine that it looked like botting. It is possible that this group is on a relentless grind that just looks like botting. That's why I say, investigate by changing conditions, not by observing the video.

I would suggest not answering the how's and giving more info to cheaters.
Botters learn nothing from this. It's far bigger than this little thread.

Dragonrider023
07-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Nobody has answered the 3 people who asked what bots are... Here's the wikipedia answer;)

"Internet bots, also known as web robots, WWW robots or simply bots, are software applications that run automated tasks over the Internet. Typically, bots perform tasks that are both simple and structurally repetitive, at a much higher rate than would be possible for a human alone. The
largest use of bots is in web spidering, in which an automated script fetches, analyzes and files
information from web servers. Bots may also be
implemented where a response speed faster than that of humans is required (e.g., video gaming bots and auction-site robots) or less commonly in situations where the emulation of human activity is required"

Oh bot mean the game and character is running and playing by themselves (Computer control)?

HunterSLAYER
07-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Oh bot mean the game and character is running and playing by themselves (Computer control)?

Yep. The person who owns the avatar might be sleeping or doing other things and letting the script/macro/bot/trainer do the work for him/her which in MOST games are ILLEGAL and constitutes as hacking which, obviously ruin the gameplay experience for other players who play the game the hard way.

Jcyee
07-03-2012, 10:01 PM
People these days... Its amazing what they do for xp :/

Suentous PO
07-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Botters learn nothing from this. It's far bigger than this little thread.

I'm not worried just about these guys, its the next ones. Also if it's "far bigger", then it's better we don't tell the world how easy it is to enrich uranium and make nuclear weapons.

Floating
07-04-2012, 01:58 AM
I'm not worried just about these guys, its the next ones. Also if it's "far bigger", then it's better we don't tell the world how easy it is to enrich uranium and make nuclear weapons.

+1... You are totally right man. Maybe this thread should have never been made so that people do not know bots exist but just sent an email to the devs...

Dragonrider023
07-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Yep. The person who owns the avatar might be sleeping or doing other things and letting the script/macro/bot/trainer do the work for him/her which in MOST games are ILLEGAL and constitutes as hacking which, obviously ruin the gameplay experience for other players who play the game the hard way.

Interesting, but how do u know if they are botting?

Griffinfan
07-05-2012, 03:52 PM

regarding your comment about the chinese.

China has banned google from being accessed in thier nation due to google refusing to pull certain (politically) questionable sites off thier search query.

chrome (which is used to run bots since apple ios and android probably would not support the software) is a google sponsered/created program. and Chrome is also banned in china. Just clearing that up.

great work whirlz/wounded Ive been suspecting botting goin on...

Zaonabiuibil
07-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Top notch catch! Way to get 'em!

Elyseon
07-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Are they banned yet? Cuz I still wanna ask them for their dragon sets