PDA

View Full Version : Find out now which Humania pinks make the "sets"!!!

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 01:39 PM
There's been lots of speculation as to which Humania pink legendary items form the "sets". After a post from Techno Email last week, everyone assumed the sets would be "Islander's", "Sun God's" and "of Humanity" -- the items which add 29 base stats per item (INT, DEX & STR). By "sets", I mean those sets which have a set bonus and some sort of effect (sparkles, smoke, etc.)

So of course this speculation caused these items to go way up in price in the CS while the "Hula Dancer's", "of Tiki" and "Humanian's" items all dropped in price as it was assumed these would not be part of the "sets". Then in the last day or two, everyone seems to be confused and it has now been assumed by some that all Humania pink legendary items will be part of sets.

Well, I'm here to tell you that the answer is "no" and "no". The sets will NOT be just "Islander's", "Sun God's" and "of Humanity". And NO, not all Humania pink legendary items will be part of sets either.

Perhaps I'm just a bit clever, but I have figured out the pattern here and I am now 99% sure which items will make the sets (and which won't) as well as which items will be craftable. I figured this out about 24 hours ago, and have spent the last 24 hours selling every item I owned and using the gold to put together a single L66 and a single L70 set for myself. As I'm a somewhat new player, my total net worth in game is not as much as I would have liked. I wish I had much more gold as I'd like to be able to get one of each set.

If I just give everyone in the forum all this information, what will clearly happen is those merchants with tons of gold will clean up and make a fortune in the coming days before the next update, and that does not help me one bit. So instead, I'm going to be selling this information (well, sort of...read on...). Here is how it works....

1) The price for this information is a single pink Humania item of my choosing.

2) If you want this information, post in this thread. I will then send you a Private Message telling you which item I need. If you confirm that you agree, I will then send you a long Private Message with all of the set information and even explain how I figured it out.

3) You then decide for yourself if you think the information is credible and makes sense to you. Use the information in any way you like, except under NO circumstances are you to share it with others!!! I think when you read how I figured it out, you will be very convinced.

4) When the update happens, and if I am correct about all of the sets, then you deliver to me the item that was agreed upon. If I am wrong (doubtful), then you owe me NOTHING.

5) So this is the honor system here. I am trusting you. So you must be a member of the forum for at least 3 months and must have 100+ posts.

6) If I am 100% correct about all sets and you fail to deliver to me the promised item, I will post in this thread. Obviously there's nothing I can do other than that, but at least everyone else will know you are not to be trusted in the future.

The items I will be requesting will be items I need to form one of each L70 set. I will start with the less expensive ones, so those who respond first get this info cheaper than those who respond later.

My reason for doing this is that obviously if merchants are going to make a killing with this information, they can at least throw me a bone for helping them.

***If the update has not been released by Sunday evening, I will post all set information in this thread for everyone to see. So if you buy this information, you are getting a few days head start***

Kaytar
07-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Lol.

Whirlzap
07-03-2012, 01:52 PM
It's not too hard to find out which pinks will assemble a set.

I already made complete analyzations and led a start into this.

Lowlyspy
And if you are wrong you will have essentially scammed people out of perfectly good pinks. Not saying you're trying to scam people, but this just seems very fishy to me.

Rauekat
Lol.

just what i was thinking XD

Whirlzap
07-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Meh, I believe it.
I even found out some connections myself.

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 01:55 PM
And if you are wrong you will have essentially scammed people out of perfectly good pinks. Not saying you're trying to scam people, but this just seems very fishy to me.

Did you read my whole post? You don't give me anything if I'm wrong. You only deliver the agreed upon item if I am correct. The only one who can be scammed here is me as someone can refuse to deliver the agreed upon item.

ZHEOTARE
07-03-2012, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=Energizeric:698225Well, I'm here to tell you that the answer is "no" and "no". The sets will NOT be just "Islander's", "Sun God's" and "of Humanity". And NO, not all Humania pink legendary items will be part of sets either.
[/QUOTE]

Lets make a bet. If you are right, I'll give you an agreed upon item. If you are wrong, you give me the item.

Lowlyspy
07-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Ah, missed that bullet. Either way i'll just go by what Techno has said, he's been pretty clear as to what's going on.

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 02:00 PM
If you are not interested in taking me up on my offer, then please post in another thread. This is not a contest of who is right and wrong. If you believe I am full of crap, then please move on.

Whirlzap
07-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Lets make a bet, Energizeric. If you are right, I'll give you an agreed upon item. If you are wrong, you give Whirlzap the item.

You know what?
Sounds good to me.

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Ah, missed that bullet. Either way i'll just go by what Techno has said, he's been pretty clear as to what's going on.

Clear? I'd say he's been pretty vague while dropping a few hints here and there. If you are clever enough you can figure out exactly which items will make the sets and which will not, and also which items will be craftable.

Clearly very few people have figured this out as is evidenced by the prices for various items in the CS. There are quite a few cases where the "set" item is priced much lower than the similar non-set item. This is where merchants can make a killing if they know.

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Too bad STS doesn't have some sort of contest for this with a nice prize. If they did, I'd post the answers ASAP. LOL

FluffNStuff
07-03-2012, 02:06 PM
To anyone interested, I ALSO know which items make the set, and I ALSO will accept the same offer.

*Note: What I tell you is for YOU only, and you may not share it with ANYONE, even AFTER the set bonuses are announced ;)
*Note 2: Contest is not open to anyone who has ever seen an episode of Monk, Psych or any other USA detective show designed for your parents ;)

Xionskull
07-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Bro he said that the player made weapons will be the weapons in the crafted set!

Lowlyspy
07-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Clear? I'd say he's been pretty vague while dropping a few hints here and there. If you are clever enough you can figure out exactly which items will make the sets and which will not, and also which items will be craftable.

Clearly very few people have figured this out as is evidenced by the prices for various items in the CS. There are quite a few cases where the "set" item is priced much lower than the similar non-set item. This is where merchants can make a killing if they know.
Yup, doesn't take much insight to see what's going on. Like you, i thought it over and have a fairly good idea of what's going to happen, however i am no merchant nor do i really care about making money off drops.

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 02:12 PM
I'll tell you what.... If one of these "gold cap" people wants to put up a nice prize, then me and everyone else can post our theories and whoever ends up being correct wins the prize. That's how you can get me to post the information now. Otherwise I will wait until Sunday night and in the meantime continue to farm for gold and do my best to buy as many of the items I need to complete some of the other sets. Once I post this information, the prices on many of these items will go way up.

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Bro he said that the player made weapons will be the weapons in the crafted set!

Yes, but current pinks will be used to craft those weapons.

Chopper
07-03-2012, 02:19 PM
um, so you're saying the Developer of Pocket Legends who posted earlier about which sets will be formed is somehow wrong about his own game he is working on, and you know better than the developers?

and, in a free forum made for the open sharing of ideas and discussion, you want to withhold information and try to sell it for profit? Nice.

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 02:24 PM
um, so you're saying the Developer of Pocket Legends who posted earlier about which sets will be formed is somehow wrong about his own game he is working on, and you know better than the developers?

He never said what items these sets consisted of. For example (spoiler coming here!!), he said there would be a "Sun God's" set. What he did not say is which items make the Sun God's set. So I am going to tell you right now that the Sun God's bow (the bow that's going for 3m+ in the cs) will NOT be part of the Sun God's set (or part of any set). Instead, the Sun God's set will be a 3 piece set with the Armor, Helm and Shanks and it will receive a "defensive" set bonus.

Now I gave you the information on one of the sets.... Enjoy!

Xionskull
07-03-2012, 02:33 PM

Yes, but current pinks will be used to craft those weapons.

Yea here's the quote-

Several concerns that have been raised regarding gear stat's becoming too high. Different players will have different opinions regarding difficulty balance. :indecisiveness: In order to make Pocket Legends the best game it can be, we need to continually challenge our most dedicated, high-end players. :eagerness: The item sets, crafted gear and crafted gear item sets (yes, I said crafted gear item sets TOO) will increase players' stat's and offer visual variants within the existing Humania legendary gear theme. Expect a few changes to difficulty in the near future. More specifically, expect the boss difficulty in Humania to be increased with the release of item sets, crafted gear, and crafted gear item sets. :dejection: We will also be releasing three PLAYER DESIGNED WEAPONS from our pre-Humania release contest!!! :hopelessness: :congratulatory: :applause: These will be crafted items, and they will each belong to a crafted gear set. :cheerful:

NotYoCookiez
07-03-2012, 02:36 PM
It's not too hard to find out which pinks will assemble a set.

I already made complete analyzations and led a start into this.

I believe I made the start: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?60834-I-have-discovered-the-true-sets-of-Humania!-(I-think)

:D

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 02:41 PM
I believe I made the start: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?60834-I-have-discovered-the-true-sets-of-Humania!-(I-think)

You are not specific in your thread. Name the actual individual items that make each set. You are assuming that all the items of each type are "set" items. For example, you list "of Humanity" as being a set. But you don't say which "of Humanity" items are part of the set. If your theory is that all of them are, then you are WRONG!!

Just knowing which items are "set" items is not enough. Most players would like to know which items in combination make a set. That way they know which ones to buy, since most cannot afford all the items. My information consists of the specific items that make each set.

FluffNStuff
07-03-2012, 02:45 PM
I tell ya, this is brilliant!!!

Tell half the people Sun God's, the other Half of Tiki! Either way, risk nothing, and get a bunch of set bows.

ooops.

I mean, my contest is still on, just PM me, and make sure not to tell anyone what I told you ;)

FluffNStuff
07-03-2012, 02:46 PM
You are not specific in your thread. Name the actual individual items that make each set. You are assuming that all the items of each type are "set" items. For example, you list "of Humanity" as being a set. But you don't say which "of Humanity" items are part of the set. If your theory is that all of them are, then you are WRONG!!

Just knowing which items are "set" items is not enough. Most players would like to know which items in combination make a set. That way they know which ones to buy, since most cannot afford all the items. My information consists of the specific items that make each set.

Actually, he is already contradicted himself on what you are thinking, so don't be so sure you know what you think you know.

NotYoCookiez
07-03-2012, 02:47 PM

All I said it was a start :D

The start is what makes people goes in detail as you just did (:

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 02:47 PM
I tell ya, this is brilliant!!!

Tell half the people Sun God's, the other Half of Tiki! Either way, risk nothing, and get a bunch of set bows.

ooops.

I mean, my contest is still on, just PM me, and make sure not to tell anyone what I told you ;)

Everyone will get the same information which will be confirmed when I post on Sunday. I just don't want to give the info to someone and have them post it in the forum or put together a "group buy" where 10 people get the info and I get only one item. I'll post screen shots of each PM to confirm this if everyone wants.

FluffNStuff
07-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Everyone will get the same information which will be confirmed when I post on Sunday. I just don't want to give the info to someone and have them post it in the forum or put together a "group buy" where 10 people get the info and I get only one item. I'll post screen shots of each PM to confirm this if everyone wants.

So you are going to list every single current pink in humania, and whether or not that pink is going to be used in a set. And if ANY of them are wrong, you are going to accept that your whole list was incorrect and you have failed?

BTW, why ask for 3 months on forum? June 2012 was less then a month ago?

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Actually, he is already contradicted himself on what you are thinking, so don't be so sure you know what you think you know.

Not really. It appears that way, but once you figure out the "riddle", all his posts line up and fit with my information.

I really do want to post this for everyone, as I'd love to show you all that I'm right, but the smart thing for me is to just use this information to buy certain items cheap over the next few days, unless someone offers up some sort of decent "prize" for me if I am 100% correct on all sets. Then I would post all the info for everyone to see.

If I was one of these gold cap guys who doesn't need more, I'd post it in a minute. But I'm a somewhat poor newer player (only been playing 4-5 months), and this is my chance to make a few bucks as I've not been the luckiest farmer since I've been playing.

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 02:55 PM
So you are going to list every single current pink in humania, and whether or not that pink is going to be used in a set. And if ANY of them are wrong, you are going to accept that your whole list was incorrect and you have failed?

BTW, why ask for 3 months on forum? June 2012 was less then a month ago?

Yes! Exactly!! That was my offer.

I asked for 3 months on the forum because I don't want to be scammed. It would be very easy for someone to make the deal with me and then not deliver the promised item. So I only want to deal with people who are "regulars" here (like yourself) and hope they can be trusted.

FluffNStuff
07-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Not really. It appears that way, but once you figure out the "riddle", all his posts line up and fit with my information.

I really do want to post this for everyone, as I'd love to show you all that I'm right, but the smart thing for me is to just use this information to buy certain items cheap over the next few days, unless someone offers up some sort of decent "prize" for me if I am 100% correct on all sets. Then I would post all the info for everyone to see.

If I was one of these gold cap guys who doesn't need more, I'd post it in a minute. But I'm a somewhat poor newer player (only been playing 4-5 months), and this is my chance to make a few bucks as I've not been the luckiest farmer since I've been playing.

Re read ALL his posts again, not just the ones that support your claim. You are on the right track, but there is a slight discrepancy that could cause an insanely wide swing in one of the sets.

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Re read ALL his posts again, not just the ones that support your claim. You are on the right track, but there is a slight discrepancy that could cause an insanely wide swing in one of the sets.

Yes, I believe I know the post you are talking about regarding the "achievement". Actually, that fits fine into my theory. It just seems to throw things into the wind a bit, but makes sense once you figure out the whole puzzle. Figuring everything out was kind of like finishing a crossword puzzle.

Zeus
07-03-2012, 03:03 PM
He never said what items these sets consisted of. For example (spoiler coming here!!), he said there would be a "Sun God's" set. What he did not say is which items make the Sun God's set. So I am going to tell you right now that the Sun God's bow (the bow that's going for 3m+ in the cs) will NOT be part of the Sun God's set (or part of any set). Instead, the Sun God's set will be a 3 piece set with the Armor, Helm and Shanks and it will receive a "defensive" set bonus.

Now I gave you the information on one of the sets.... Enjoy!

I did not say that the current pinks will not be used for crafting, in fact - quite the opposite! Not ALL legendary items will be used in crafting, but... if I had a level 70 beach bum bow, I might hold on to it just in case it's needed for crafting. :abnormal: In fact, there is a chance for any legendary level 70 item to be used in crafting. You'll just have to find out when it's release! Sometimes surprises can be fun. Isn't a movie more fun to watch when you don't already know the ending? :banana:

Highlighted an important piece of information for you. Don't know if it can get more obvious than that.

Energizeric, this wasn't the smartest post in the world. Don't worry though, we all made mistakes in making threads, we're only human. Selling information that is based on theory, that you aren't even sure about is bound to be trouble. What if you're wrong? You'll have a bunch of angry people complaining to you and about you.

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Highlighted an important piece of information for you. Don't know if it can get more obvious than that.

Ummmm....his post says "Beach Bum Bow", mine refers to the "Sun God's Bow" -- 2 different bows. I did not even mention the "Beach Bum Bow" in my post or anywhere in this thread. Perhaps that is part of one of the "sets" ;)

Zeus
07-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Energizer, I'll take you up on your deal. List the pinks that you want and I'll buy them for you in exchange for the information. When I PM you, only then send me your information.

Zeus
07-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Ummmm....his post says "Beach Bum Bow", mine refers to the "Sun God's Bow" -- 2 different bows. I did not even mention the "Beach Bum Bow" in my post or anywhere in this thread. Perhaps that is part of one of the "sets" ;)

Sun God's BEACH BUM Bow.

Now, if you notice, he confirmed that the sets would be "Islander", "Sun God", and "Of Humanity".

Going by your theory, that means that Sun God Beach Bum bow will be part of the set.

As Techno said, surprises are fun, just wait for them instead of accidentally leading people down the wrong path.

RedRyder
07-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Sounds legit!

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Energizer, I'll take you up on your deal. List the pinks that you want and I'll buy them for you in exchange for the information. When I PM you, only then send me your information.

You'll only need to buy a single item, and it won't be a super expensive one. I'll tell you which one when I respond to your PM. If you agree, respond back, and then I'll send you the info. When the update is released and if I'm 100% correct about all the sets, then we meet in game and you give me the item. :)

Zeus
07-03-2012, 03:12 PM
You'll only need to buy a single item, and it won't be a super expensive one. I'll tell you which one when I respond to your PM. If you agree, respond back, and then I'll send you the info. When the update is released and if I'm 100% correct about all the sets, then we meet in game and you give me the item. :)

PM me the item. I wanted a list so I can pick and choose which items to get.

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Sun God's BEACH BUM Bow.

Now, if you notice, he confirmed that the sets would be "Islander", "Sun God", and "Of Humanity".

Going by your theory, that means that Sun God Beach Bum bow will be part of the set.

As Techno said, surprises are fun, just wait for them instead of accidentally leading people down the wrong path.

As he was not specific, there is also the "Beach Bum's Bow of Tiki", which is the one I'm 99.9% sure he was referring to. ;)

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 03:14 PM
PM me the item. I wanted a list so I can pick and choose which items to get.

If I sent you the whole list, then you wouldn't need the information as the list itself would be the "set" items.. LOL

PMing now...

Zeus
07-03-2012, 03:14 PM
As he was not specific, there is also the "Beach Bum's Bow of Tiki", which is the one I'm 99.9% sure he was referring to. ;)

But if you build upon the information that he has already given us, "Sun God", "Islander", "Of Humanity" are the ones he'll be choosing from for the set bonus.

Zeus
07-03-2012, 03:15 PM
If I sent you the whole list, then you wouldn't need the information as the list itself would be the "set" items.. LOL

PMing now...

I wasn't being serious, you figured out my joke brah. :)

Rare
07-03-2012, 03:19 PM
So you're saying there will only be one combination for a set? Unlike every other campaign so far since sets were introduced?

FluffNStuff
07-03-2012, 03:21 PM
So you're saying there will only be one combination for a set? Unlike every other campaign so far since sets were introduced?

He is saying he knows more about the sets then the developers, who have not yet figured out their own puzzle ;)

Ixillicus
07-03-2012, 03:23 PM
This is the most ridiculous thread I've ever read. It's like the complete opposite of the intention of the online forum community. This is a place where people have been recognized for sharing information and answering questions. And here you are selling ideas that are based on your own speculation, which may not be accurate.

For those who are interested: Based on all the information on the forums it's given that the "Sun God", "Islander" and "of Humanity" items will comprise the sets with bonuses among non-crafted gear. A bonus tailored to DPS or tanking will be given based on whether you use a 3-piece set or 4-piece set. These items will be craftable using components that have yet to be released.

The crafted sets will be made from the 3 sets I listed above. The twist may be that the items will crafted with (or in to) the design contest winners items. It has not been disclosed whether these items may be added as a drop, quest item or just the crafted form of the current weapon.

Sorry to flame your thread. (Not really, cuz it's ludacris.)

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 03:27 PM

Yes indeed. They are changing their normal pattern.

Zeus
07-03-2012, 03:28 PM
This is the most ridiculous thread I've ever read. It's like the complete opposite of the intention of the online forum community. This is a place where people have been recognized for sharing information and answering questions. And here you are selling ideas that are based on your own speculation, which may not be accurate.

For those who are interested: Based on all the information on the forums it's given that the "Sun God", "Islander" and "of Humanity" items will comprise the sets with bonuses among non-crafted gear. A bonus tailored to DPS or tanking will be given based on whether you use a 3-piece set or 4-piece set. These items will be craftable using components that have yet to be released.

The crafted sets will be made from the 3 sets I listed above. The twist may be that the items will crafted with (or in to) the design contest winners items. It has not been disclosed whether these items may be added as a drop, quest item or just the crafted form of the current weapon.

Sorry to flame your thread. (Not really, cuz it's ludacris.)

Thank you so much. This is what I've been trying to get across.

Energizer, this isn't AP Literature, no reading between the lines here, just logic.

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 03:38 PM
You know what, I'm just going to post the information here, and if you feel so compelled, some of you rich guys can thank me with an item or two to help me out. It will take a few minutes to work up the post as it will be quite long. I'll not only list the items that make the sets, but explain how I came to the conclusions.

Swimmingstar
07-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Why would I pay 1 million gold plus in items for info I can get for free?

Rare
07-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Yes indeed. They are changing their normal pattern.

You must be this guy

Energizeric: "You want to change your normal pattern"
STS: "We want to change our normal pattern"

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Ok, first of all, let's re-read Techno Email's posts on the subject. I'll number them for later reference and will highlight the important stuff.....

Hi guys! I'm going to put set bonuses on the "Islander" (int), "Sun God" (dex) and "of Humanity" (str) legendary drop sets. I'm still working on fixes to existing content, so this update will likely go out with crafting. Crafted items will have better stats and will also grant a set bonus. Samhayne and I will give an update next week with more specifics on crafting, including a preview once the art is finalized.The only other information I have on crafting right now is that the some of the current legendary drops will be used in Humania crafting. The schematics and other components are not dropping yet, so no need to be fearful about selling your trash drops... Clear as mud? :topsy_turvy:Awesome! :chuncky: Srsly though, we'll keep you guys updated as soon as we have more info. and keep the questions and feedback coming! Thanks a bunch for your input, excitement and patience!! :tranquillity:

Then a possible change in tune later that afternoon:

I have a question for those who are interested in the set bonuses. I'm curious how you would feel about having item sets for a wider variety of legendary Humania items, instead of just Humanity, Sun God and Islander gear. The DPS set would require a two handed weapon, while the tanking set would require a main and offhand weapon (wand/cuff, sword/bongo & dual spears).

Then in response to a question about the Achievement for wearing a L70 set:

The "Sun God" set with dual spears is required for dexterity gear. The Hula Dancer set with two-handed staff is required for intilligence gear. The "Humanian's" set with either two-handed spear or two-handed sword required for strength gear. You only need to wear one of these sets to get the achievement. I hope that helps! :wink:

Hi guys,

I have an update on the item sets! We're going to have dps AND tank item set bonuses for the legendary, dropped gear in Humania. Certain weapon types will go with different types of item sets. If a 2-handed item is worn with a particular type of helm and armor piece, the wearer will earn a dps item set bonus. Likewise, if a mainhand and offhand item are be worn with a particular type of helm and armor piece, the wearer will earn a tank item set bonus. I don't want to spell everything out on the forums because I'd like you to have fun together discovering the different set combinations when they are released!! :abnormal:

So here are the sets below. Any pink item NOT listed as a part of any set will not be part of any set. This group of sets is the only possibility if all of Techno Email's posts are correct. If he changed his mind since his earlier posts last week, then all bets are off and there is no way to know for sure what are the real sets. But I would say I'm 99% certain these are the correct sets.

Hula Dancer's Staff Set (will have an "offensive" bonus)
Hula Dancer's Tiki Hula Headdress
Hula Dancer's Mega-Nightmare Staff
Hula Dancer's Tiki Grass Skirt

Islander's Wand/Cuff Set (will have a "defensive" bonus)
Islander's Tiki Hula Headdress
Islander's Tiki Nightmare Wand
Islander's Tiki Grass Skirt
Islander's Tiki Hula Cuff

"of Tiki" Bow Set (will have an "offensive" bonus)
Tiki Feather Headdress of Tiki
Beach Bum's Bow of Tiki
Tiki Malo Wear of Tiki

Sun God's Shanks Set (will have a "defensive" bonus)
Sun God's Tiki Feather Headdress
Sun God's Double Tiki Shanks
Sun God's Tiki Malo Wear

Humanian's Spear/Monster Scimitar Set (will have an "offensive" bonus)
Humanian's Tiki Battle Helm
Humanian's Tiki Nightmare Spear or Humanian's Monster Scimitar
Humanian's Tiki Warrior Swathe

"of Humanity" Nightmare Scimitar/Bongo Set (will have a "defensive" bonus)
Tiki Battle Helm of Humanity
Nightmare Scimitar of Humanity
Tiki Warrior Swathe of Humanity
Tiki Trance Bongo of Humanity

Notice that these sets fit with all of Techno Email's posts above. What was confusing to some was post #3 about the achievement. What I think they did there was simply chose the "set" that would be easiest to obtain. For INT & STR, it was the 3 piece set, but since both DEX sets are 3 piece, they decided the shanks would be easier to obtain than the bow (and I think they are correct as the price is far less).

So the sets that give 31 STR/DEX/INT per item are considered the "offensive sets" -- these have a 2-handed weapon, and in the case of the DEX set they have the bow.

The sets with the 29 STR/DEX/INT per item are considered the "defensive sets" -- these have a 1-handed weapon and shield (bongo/cuff) and in the case of the DEX set, the shanks is considered the more "defensive" set as Techno Email said at the end of his post #2 above where he grouped the shanks with the other defensive sets.

So these are the sets. As for the crafting, I'm guessing these same items will be craftable, but I'm not sure how the 3 "contest winner" weapons will be mixed into this. If I had to guess, I'd say those three items will be the crafted versions of the Nightmare Scimitar, Bow and Staff, but your guess is as good as mine on that matter.

Let me know what you think...

onemadzhau
07-03-2012, 04:55 PM
If you look at other post techno had said that the humanian and humanity were both gonna be sets. I give you credit for putting in this kinda of effort but its never a good idea to "speculate" to much flaming goes on but I had never thought of the contest winning weapons being the crafted ones I would think that's a great thought. But anyway ill give you a thanks on effort :) you appear to like this game a great deal keep up the good work.

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Well, I'm new here so everyone is supposed to flame me. If I get this right, then maybe next time (if there is a next time) I will have some credibility. :)

Phoenixking
07-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Well, I'm new here so everyone is supposed to flame me. If I get this right, then maybe next time (if there is a next time) I will have some credibility. :)
Yes because no one likes the new unpopular one :/

JaytB
07-03-2012, 05:33 PM

Nobody flamed you because you were new, they did it because you were trying to profit off guesswork that you deducted from posts from technoemail.

If you would just have shared the info, as you did a couple of posts back, this could've been a really interesting discussion thread.

RedRyder
07-03-2012, 05:34 PM

It wasn't solely because you were new. It was because you were new and expected compensation for speculation, in the form of items that youre expecting to complete sets (yes, it was that obvious from the start). Like ixillius (sorry if I misspelled it) said, this is an information generous community that doesn't expect anything in return, save for the few that hoard Thanks and thumbs up. You intentions weren't pure from the start and only gave your speculation after the forumers in this thread called you out on your motive.

Edit: boss ninja'd me -.-

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 05:51 PM
I meant no disrespect to anyone. I was going to eventually post for everyone to see. I'm just tired of something getting posted here by a developer and then the items I was saving for double in price within an hour.

I really have no idea how anyone ever reaches "gold cap". I've played for months, and the best I can do is to farm plasma pyramid over and over and make about 2500 gold each run. I can finish a run in about 15 minutes, so I can make about 10k per hour, not to mention how boring it is to do so. At that pace it would take 1000 hours to reach gold cap. I've tried farming for pinks, but have found it to be a major waste of time. I end up with nothing and spend hours and hours.

Then I see these guys in the trader's market forum buying hoards of dragon sets and making 1m per transaction. I've got to guess they did not get their gold by grinding it out like I do, but got it from speculation about items, buying low, selling high, and other such things. I just figured if I had figured out a way for them to make money, perhaps they would cut me in on a scrap of what they make. I guess that was considered being greedy and not good for the community. Perhaps this should have been posted in the Trader's Market forum, and not the General Discussion forum. Then maybe it would have just been considered an item for sale.

ZHEOTARE
07-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Don't worry about what others say. You never tried to scam, or mis-lead anyone. You were simply going to give them your speculative ideas. Its on that person to do with it what they want. You put a lot of thought into your work. If you are correct, then kudos to you.

BTW... my bet wasn't mean spirited. I was serious when I posted it. I never put up anything, without the chance of getting something in return. Your thoughts of the prices rising just because it will create a bonus is a little off IMO. Prices are going to be set more on supply and demand, than the bonuses. If the +31 pieces have a higher drop rate than the +29, then the +31 will be cheaper.

Reddwing
07-03-2012, 06:11 PM
I'd try the search function before saying "give me a pink and ill give you information!" (Not to mention the information can be found in other threads and for free)

Zeus
07-03-2012, 06:12 PM
I meant no disrespect to anyone. I was going to eventually post for everyone to see. I'm just tired of something getting posted here by a developer and then the items I was saving for double in price within an hour.

I really have no idea how anyone ever reaches "gold cap". I've played for months, and the best I can do is to farm plasma pyramid over and over and make about 2500 gold each run. I can finish a run in about 15 minutes, so I can make about 10k per hour, not to mention how boring it is to do so. At that pace it would take 1000 hours to reach gold cap. I've tried farming for pinks, but have found it to be a major waste of time. I end up with nothing and spend hours and hours.

Then I see these guys in the trader's market forum buying hoards of dragon sets and making 1m per transaction. I've got to guess they did not get their gold by grinding it out like I do, but got it from speculation about items, buying low, selling high, and other such things. I just figured if I had figured out a way for them to make money, perhaps they would cut me in on a scrap of what they make. I guess that was considered being greedy and not good for the community. Perhaps this should have been posted in the Trader's Market forum, and not the General Discussion forum. Then maybe it would have just been considered an item for sale.

Meet me in game sometime. I'd like to make your day for sharing information, albiet theoretical information, and expecting nothing in return (though you were forced into it).

Believe me, I was one of those guys struggling to make my first mil so I completely understand where you are coming from.

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Meet me in game sometime. I'd like to make your day for sharing information, albiet theoretical information, and expecting nothing in return (though you were forced into it).

Believe me, I was one of those guys struggling to make my first mil so I completely understand where you are coming from.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Is "Apollo" your IGN?

My IGN is the same as my name here.

Zeus
07-03-2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it. Is "Apollo" your IGN?

My IGN is the same as my name here.

Yep. :)

What do you prefer: 500k or an Islander's Nightmare Wand?

Energizeric
07-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Yep. :)

What do you prefer: 500k or an Islander's Nightmare Wand?

WOW! Well, the 500k of course! If you are serious then you just made my day :)

Zeus
07-03-2012, 06:40 PM
WOW! Well, the 500k of course! If you are serious then you just made my day :)

I am totally serious, I'll meet you online right now. I can only be on for 5 minutes or so, so hurry!

Otherwise, you can catch me on around 8PM-12AM PST.

Dynastu
07-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Ok, first of all, let's re-read Techno Email's posts on the subject. I'll number them for later reference and will highlight the important stuff.....

Then a possible change in tune later that afternoon:

Then in response to a question about the Achievement for wearing a L70 set:

So here are the sets below. Any pink item NOT listed as a part of any set will not be part of any set. This group of sets is the only possibility if all of Techno Email's posts are correct. If he changed his mind since his earlier posts last week, then all bets are off and there is no way to know for sure what are the real sets. But I would say I'm 99% certain these are the correct sets.

Hula Dancer's Staff Set (will have an "offensive" bonus)
Hula Dancer's Tiki Hula Headdress
Hula Dancer's Mega-Nightmare Staff
Hula Dancer's Tiki Grass Skirt

Islander's Wand/Cuff Set (will have a "defensive" bonus)
Islander's Tiki Hula Headdress
Islander's Tiki Nightmare Wand
Islander's Tiki Grass Skirt
Islander's Tiki Hula Cuff

"of Tiki" Bow Set (will have an "offensive" bonus)
Tiki Feather Headdress of Tiki
Beach Bum's Bow of Tiki
Tiki Malo Wear of Tiki

Sun God's Shanks Set (will have a "defensive" bonus)
Sun God's Tiki Feather Headdress
Sun God's Double Tiki Shanks
Sun God's Tiki Malo Wear

Humanian's Spear/Monster Scimitar Set (will have an "offensive" bonus)
Humanian's Tiki Battle Helm
Humanian's Tiki Nightmare Spear or Humanian's Monster Scimitar
Humanian's Tiki Warrior Swathe

"of Humanity" Nightmare Scimitar/Bongo Set (will have a "defensive" bonus)
Tiki Battle Helm of Humanity
Nightmare Scimitar of Humanity
Tiki Warrior Swathe of Humanity
Tiki Trance Bongo of Humanity

Notice that these sets fit with all of Techno Email's posts above. What was confusing to some was post #3 about the achievement. What I think they did there was simply chose the "set" that would be easiest to obtain. For INT & STR, it was the 3 piece set, but since both DEX sets are 3 piece, they decided the shanks would be easier to obtain than the bow (and I think they are correct as the price is far less).

So the sets that give 31 STR/DEX/INT per item are considered the "offensive sets" -- these have a 2-handed weapon, and in the case of the DEX set they have the bow.

The sets with the 29 STR/DEX/INT per item are considered the "defensive sets" -- these have a 1-handed weapon and shield (bongo/cuff) and in the case of the DEX set, the shanks is considered the more "defensive" set as Techno Email said at the end of his post #2 above where he grouped the shanks with the other defensive sets.

So these are the sets. As for the crafting, I'm guessing these same items will be craftable, but I'm not sure how the 3 "contest winner" weapons will be mixed into this. If I had to guess, I'd say those three items will be the crafted versions of the Nightmare Scimitar, Bow and Staff, but your guess is as good as mine on that matter.

Let me know what you think...

This is great! Sure, there's definitely no guarantee that these will be the real sets. It's not set in stone (but I think Techno Email should look at this and consider making these the real sets...). Even if they don't end up being the real sets in the end, tyvm :encouragement:

vampinoy
07-03-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm a merchant/farmer for about a year and a half now, and you sound like you'll make a good one too with your enthusiasm to speculate. It takes time to build wealth, Plasma Pyramid runs are a good start to create your initial investment. Sometimes you'll lose, sometimes you'll win...hopefully, more wins. The art is simple, buy and sell, but that's not the real challenge...learn the art of social networking, befriend the farmers, befriend everyone, run with elixir groups (they get most pinks), get their trust...if you do this for a long time, it will be hard for them to not sell to you cheap. You can reciprocate, sell cheap on purpose to people you know who farms a lot, make them feel they are in debt to you...it's not what you know, it's who you know, the best farmers are quiet...they're not here in forums, they hate the spotlight because they hate beggars, they're just behind the shadows quietly making millions farming. Look for these guys. That's my style, I don't know if that will work for you, it worked for me, I may not be the richest player, but I'm not so bad considering I don't really play too often :) work smart, not hard. Good luck!

PS: Interesting speculations, I do that all the time since I merch, but when you speculate, people will also look at your credentials just like in real life, it's very hard to listen to someone who you've never heard of, right? My only input is that it's a pretty decent job, I have my own speculation, and I keep my cards close to my chest...and quietly prepare :) Good luck.

Bebsi
07-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Lol, I know how u feel. I struggled a long time till I made my first million.
Always thought u need money to make money. Just don't give up. Vampinoy grinds hard every day.
Although his drop rate is the worst I've seen this week he still grinds his a$$ off xD

Meet me in game and tell me ur thoughts in detail. I make it worthwhile.
Sent u a pm ^_^

vampinoy
07-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Yeah...really bad luck...>.<

Windwaiker
07-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Aw, after you posted this all the pinks have gone up in price by...a lot lol

Jcyee
07-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Lol.

Pretty much somes it up...

Bunnyshoota
07-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Apollo....................

Zeus
07-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Apollo....................

Hmm?

Phoenixking
07-03-2012, 11:45 PM
The hijack has begun

angeldawn
07-04-2012, 11:42 AM

I love Parth so generous :-)

kiitz
07-04-2012, 11:54 AM
This is an interesting analysis, though I missed the whole first part with the negotiating for payment and I've just come to this thread with the theory portion of it.

Energizeric
07-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Aw, after you posted this all the pinks have gone up in price by...a lot lol

Yes, I noticed. Considering the small amount of resources I have, I think I've done ok so far....

In the 48 hours prior to posting these predictions, I sold or traded every item I own and I managed to put together a complete L66 Humanity Set (with all 3 weapons). All the parts together cost me about 1.5m, most of which I got from selling my L60 Glyph Obedience Dagger Set and the 3 pink Humania drops I have gotten so far.

I am speculating that the L66 Humanity Set will increase in price much like the L56 Glyph Strongman's Set. And so far, it looks like I may be correct. In general, L66 pinks have become scarce as most players farming Humania have leveled up past 67 and are now getting L68 & L70 drops. So many of the L66 items are not even available for sale in the CS anymore.

As for my Humanity Set, all of the items except the armor are available in the CS, and at current prices the entire set WITHOUT the armor would cost about 2.5m. So I think I am doing well for myself so far. I guess only time will tell...

Energizeric
07-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Yeah...really bad luck...>.<

I know how you feel...

Prior to Humania, I have never gotten a pink drop in each of the previous 3 campaigns. I never got a pink drop in the Sewers, Nuri or Fang. Prior to this past week, the only expensive drop I ever got was a L45 Shock Lance which dropped in AO2. I used it for a long time as my main weapon and then eventually sold it for 80k.

Instead, I've worked hard to save gold and in each campaign, I traded and/or sold all my previous equipment to upgrade to the new stuff. After spending over two months in the sewers, I manage to put together a Crafted Fortified Sword/Shield Set, and then when I reached L60 I sold that set and used the gold to buy a Glyph Obedience Dagger Set. Basically, to this day my character has just had the items that are equipped and not much else. I'm hoping to change that.

Whirlzap
07-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Guys, I'm siding with this Energizec dude right now.
His intention, as you can see, is to mainly help.
I see him making lots of other detailed and helpful posts.
But you know, he's a desperate person.
He would go and give all this information, like we just forced him to do, for free. I know lots of art teachers and other people with jobs who would love to do their job, because it is their fun and delight but sadly have to charge money since they need it.
But like in the real world, we need money and in PL he needs some funding to continue being able to get the latest gear.

This reminds me of when Lovenus felt forced to give up his trick of getting such a high 160 Crit on his mage, simply because people started accusing him of Photoshopping when he posted an image of his feat.

Whirlzap
07-04-2012, 08:44 PM
I know how you feel...

Prior to Humania, I have never gotten a pink drop in each of the previous 3 campaigns. I never got a pink drop in the Sewers, Nuri or Fang. Prior to this past week, the only expensive drop I ever got was a L45 Shock Lance which dropped in AO2. I used it for a long time as my main weapon and then eventually sold it for 80k.

Instead, I've worked hard to save gold and in each campaign, I traded and/or sold all my previous equipment to upgrade to the new stuff. After spending over two months in the sewers, I manage to put together a Crafted Fortified Sword/Shield Set, and then when I reached L60 I sold that set and used the gold to buy a Glyph Obedience Dagger Set. Basically, to this day my character has just had the items that are equipped and not much else. I'm hoping to change that.

Farm on a level 21.
You'll get a pink eventually and it'll get you started on a farming business.