PDA

View Full Version : Garvhoz's Counter Engi kiting guide™

Garvhoz
07-03-2012, 03:35 PM
I have seen that as the class with the highest armor and health we get kited alot, so I decided to make a guide to counter kite. Also nobody else decided to make a counter kite guide either.

note : this guide is subject to change. This is a work in progress. Feel free to comment your opinion, or give knowledge on how to counter kite if you know of some techniques not mentioned. This is not in any way to offend counter kiters or people who do well enough on their own. I do not posses one of these skills and dont know if its nerfed. This is just knowledge I have gathered PVPing against engis.

First, what is kiting? Kiting is a technique where you stay away from the enemy and occasionally attacking them till the person kiting wins.engis have a general style of kiting. So you need a general style of counter kiting

COUNTER KITING THE ENGINEER
The average engineer will kite you by stunning you and sending a series of attacks while you are recovering. The average kiting engineer will heal itself when staying out of range from your attacks. I have noticed that some commandoes are totally helpless when being kited by engineers, here are a couple of tips to keep you alive, while the engi is slowly dying from your counter kiting.
• Stay positive, noone will win a fight if they already lost the battle in their heads.
• When faceing the engineer always go with kinetic resivoir and your critical buff first so to give them enough damage so they wont be able to effectively heal themselves.
• Use increase mass in the beginning with kinetic resivoir and your critical buff so as to take in the least amount of damage possible.
• Spam kinetic resivoir
• To do some very successful damage use the BB combo [(Back Breaker combo) done when on the floor when you successfully use nuetron stomp or singularity] if you choose to use the singularity variant of the combo try to hit them with a skill before they get knocked down to weaken them and to make singularity successful because coms aren't the only ones with dodge and will instead use that dodge on whatever skill you played.
• When stunned try to heal yourself with vigor if you use that skill. Use it when attacking as well
• When the engineer successfully stuns you try to tease them by going away from them and going back, kite them back ( I mean stay out of range, dont attack) they wont heal because they will be focused on getting to you...most of the time.
• Once you think you have teased them enough ( or healed enough depending if you have vigor or not) run to a corner of a block cast singularity out of 12m (ONCE YOU ACTIVATE SINGULARITY MAKE SURE TO RUN TO THEM IMMEIDIATLY) and run to them with kinect resivoir and your critical buff activated, as they get knocked down use back breaker to make the combo and just use your skills in rapid succession and dont stop until they push you back and start the process over again. Dont forget to use the BB combo.
• If you have the gravity slam skill ( or whatever its called) try to use it all the time when attacking not only does it slowdown the enemy it also debuffs them which works great with you critical buff and kinectic resivoirs after affect of a damage boost. It also decreases the engis chance of running away.
• If you have singularity always use it 1-2 seconds before you want its affect to take place when behind a corner to suprise attack them because of the delayed effect or your in the middle of attacking your enemy and notice that Back Breaker will be fully cooled down when they get pushed back and knocked down so you can use the BB combo.

types of equipment that will help fight the engi:
•Heavy pistol ( higher hit%)
•Sheild (armor take less damage)
•Dodge implant (dodge their attacks less damage)
•Custom set (if you can afford it)
•Regular set (Ex: full meganuat,battleshell, and whatever it was for lv35)

Please comment about what you think:)

PianoWizzy
07-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Two comments, as you don't mind:
- Engi's can't push...
- Platinum Commando gear is useless at L30+....

Garvhoz
07-04-2012, 01:16 AM
LOL i feel stupid:confused:, thanks for the information, appreciate it

Zaonabiuibil
07-04-2012, 07:09 AM
As if eng PvP wasn't hard enough.

Mitchturbo
07-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Oooo What if the Engineer doesn't Kite? O.o

PianoWizzy
07-04-2012, 10:33 AM
As if eng PvP wasn't hard enough.

There is also this. You know how hard it is for an engineer to acquire the skills you are combating? And how advantaged comms already are?

Garvhoz
07-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Sorry peoples, i just wanted to help out some of mah fellow commandos, but then again i am fighting against lv40+, i just wanted to post what was to be helpful to commandos. I have seen some uglyness in the form of how commandos dont fight, i just wanted to mix up the pot. I like a little challenge when fighting im sure some of you do too, but if you dont just come out with different tactics. Get better amror, get a different implant, get a different weapon. Just figure it out. If y'all would be following guides like morfics, engineers would be on top. I just wanted to give a guide that noone has given before dont hate the player or the game, hate the change.

PianoWizzy
07-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Sorry peoples, i just wanted to help out some of mah fellow commandos, but then again i am fighting against lv40+, i just wanted to post what was to be helpful to commandos. I have seen some uglyness in the form of how commandos dont fight, i just wanted to mix up the pot. I like a little challenge when fighting im sure some of you do too, but if you dont just come out with different tactics. Get better amror, get a different implant, get a different weapon. Just figure it out. If y'all would be following guides like morfics, engineers would be on top. I just wanted to give a guide that noone has given before dont hate the player or the game, hate the change.

-chuckles-

Please make an engineer character and try out the game yourself before you overestimate the ease of our power.

Garvhoz
07-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Trust me i know how hard it is. I do have an engineer alt but im keeping him under lowish profile and haven't used him in a while. Im half engineer i know what its like.

flashbackflip
07-05-2012, 02:16 AM
Bro, if you like challenge, as you say - so why pvp engies in the first place??

Engies are piece of cake even for operatives... And commandoes are the almost-unbeatable-heroes of pvp...

On topic - the guide is great for the idea of anti-kiting guide! I can't test it tho as my com toon is only lvl 7 lol

Garvhoz
07-05-2012, 08:52 PM
I swear to god every single time i make or join a PVP game i either fight ops/engis that are lv 40+ and all the commandoes in the world are in on an inside joke to stay on my side. the only time i have a chance to fight a commando is when i make a conflict resolution. Yet even then i had only fought a commando once it was when conflict resolution first came out. Im pretty sure most of the ops are in on the joke as well. I would love to fight commandoes, or some more ops, im bored of engineers. The only reason i fight engineers is to see how hard its going to be to fight them. I have also never seen any people lv39- in pvp. My luck is horrible when it comes to what class i fight, its usually engineers.

SkillFullGamer
09-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the guide :)