PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends Infested Deck Update

Samhayne
07-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Hey everyone,

We want to update you with the status of the coming Star Legends update that, among other things, includes the Infested Deck Event (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?60430-Sneak-Peek-at-the-Coming-Star-Legends-Infested-Deck-Event). This update has been delayed and we anticipate it will be mid-July for it to be released.

This additional delay is due to issues uncovered with the recent release of the Humania Expansion for Pocket Legends. All Spactime games share a common code base that we call the Spacetime Engine. These latest updates were to incorporate features and functionality developed for Dark Legends and opens the way for Star Legends to have Achievements, Passive Player Abilities and more. Unfortunately, there were issues found in that version of the Spacetime Engine that has us releasing new clients for all games. Rather than release the older version of Star Legends (that contains the Infested Deck Event) and possibly inflict bugs on the Star Legends playerbase, we have elected to forgo that version. We have submitted a new client to Apple for approval. Basically, Star Legends is skipping over the version that Pocket Legends is currently running in favor of the next iteration of the Spacetime Engine.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and our apologies for this additional delay. We are very excited for the new content coming for Star Legends and look forward to bringing it to you.

Urqui
07-03-2012, 04:15 PM
The more we wait the more epic it should be:snowman:

P.s. Any small teasers just to get us pumped?:D

Mitchturbo
07-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Agreed innit

Paar
07-03-2012, 04:21 PM
... thank you Sam.

octavos
07-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Thank you sam...this should end many assumptions about SL. :D

Conradin
07-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Good finally news! I though SL was going to be changed to Left4Dead

Deathpunch
07-03-2012, 04:30 PM
*sigh*

STS should rename themselves to DMV. All of this waiting is starting to grate a bit.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

Zaonabiuibil
07-03-2012, 04:32 PM
At least we aren't alone!

*Zero*
07-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Woot passive abilities

octavos
07-03-2012, 04:35 PM
please tell me allies...please...allies :D

Deathpunch
07-03-2012, 04:40 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/42575858-67af-b853.jpg

-----

Snakespeare
07-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the update, Sam. For these features it will be worth the wait. I wasn't too pumped up about Infested Deck, but I am excited about a new engine with achievements and passives! :)

Shaocalur
07-03-2012, 04:50 PM
The RAP worked! Lolol ty Sam

Staryknight
07-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the update Sam. Does this mean we are getting achievements and the new UI?

Ihavenokills
07-03-2012, 05:26 PM
yessssssssssss SL isnt forever alone! <3

Traosabara
07-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Thank you for letting us know what is going on Sam.

Cero
07-03-2012, 05:40 PM
ok. so we are getting huge system Jump. shouldve told us sooner:P

to be continued. . .

TYRANTO
07-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Thanks sam :cheerful:

Ardon
07-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Swarming on any info lol

Kanozaki
07-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Well at least some news is better than no news , this better be one heck of an update sammy in exchange for making us wait for so long haha

Itoopeo
07-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Thank you, i was totally moved to PL because SL was waiting and waiting update. Now i know why its soo late.

ArtofWar
07-03-2012, 07:07 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/42575858-67af-b853.jpg

-----

lmao! hahaha

Jcx
07-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Yay. A kind of fixed date for an update.

Deathpunch
07-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Yay. A kind of fixed date for an update.

No more fixed than the last date they gave us.

-----

MYNISTA
07-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Thx for the info Sam, I'd rather wait for a polished update than have a buggy one dropped on us.

evilgenesis
07-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Something i don't understand. y make new games if u cant control the games u already had. lol...

Xaphan Fox
07-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Thanks for update. All the forum hate could be quenched with communication to your loyal fans like this. Communication that isnt 2 months apart.

Thanks again.
woof

Mitchturbo
07-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Yes we Appreciate it :-) Thanks.

Seiyen
07-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Something i don't understand. y make new games if u cant control the games u already had. lol...

To make money lol

-Raghav

flashbackflip
07-04-2012, 03:02 AM
Thanx for info Sam!

I wonder why it was a secret two weeks ago.. You could've told us all that before..

Mitchturbo
07-04-2012, 03:27 AM
Thanx for info Sam!
I wonder why it was a secret two weeks ago.. You could've told us all that before..

well Two weeks ago, they were dealing with incredible amounts of bugs from both DL and PL, So they were pretty busy and were probably worried themselves ;-)

Exion
07-04-2012, 04:55 AM
They could have just released the infested deck on this perfect UI and do an "upgrade" of the UI as a totaly separate update.

Cero
07-04-2012, 05:41 AM
They could have just released the infested deck on this perfect UI and do an "upgrade" of the UI as a totaly separate update.

I think they can. But as what i heard some of there personel was move to other department(?) causing only few work for this part.

flashbackflip
07-04-2012, 05:43 AM
well Two weeks ago, they were dealing with incredible amounts of bugs from both DL and PL, So they were pretty busy and were probably worried themselves ;-)

I guess u r right, but still..

deathcan
07-04-2012, 06:24 AM
Woohooo finally closure on the painfull wait lol glad to hear some good news passive abilities aswell as infested deck and achievements this is gonna be awsome cant wait to see what they are

Deathpunch
07-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Woohooo finally closure on the painfull wait lol glad to hear some good news passive abilities aswell as infested deck and achievements this is gonna be awsome cant wait to see what they are

There's no closure here, just another 2 week wait with no guarantee of anything but a possibility that it may be released. Save this comment for when you respond to "Infested Deck is now LIVE!!!" post, whenever that may be.

-----

OvigorothO
07-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Lol, the movie wont be in theaters when this client comes out. Atleast things are moving along and the spacetime development team is striving to provide te best content possible. This partially makes up for the delay. Playing their other games makes up for the rest of it.

HunterSLAYER
07-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Hopefully no more delays after the two week wait.
The suspense is killing meeeeee!!!

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Ozuyucalebam
07-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Lol, the movie wont be in theaters when this client comes out. Atleast things are moving along and the spacetime development team is striving to provide te best content possible. This partially makes up for the delay. Playing their other games makes up for the rest of it.
I was gonna watch it last night but it wasn't there (prometeus)

Shaocalur
07-04-2012, 03:12 PM
I have the strange sudden impulse to rap about every announcement involving SL >_>

OvigorothO
07-04-2012, 03:27 PM
I was gonna watch it last night but it wasn't there (prometeus)

Lol you missed out. It was a pretty good one.

Cahaun
07-04-2012, 03:51 PM
*rubs eyes*

Did I just hear "Update"? :eek:

*Zero*
07-05-2012, 05:52 AM
Lets move on from the Prometheus event its called Infested Deck Event.
Yeah it sucks we dont have anything to do. Yeah we haven't had alot of info or sneak peaks but if the patch was buggy then it needs to be fixed.

Elf-Orc-Naga
07-05-2012, 07:34 AM
Nice update! :) Thanks Exciting!

harm
07-05-2012, 08:08 AM

To make money lol

-Raghav
Lol -.-

Kiith
07-05-2012, 08:25 AM
So the game is going to be more like DL?

Cero
07-05-2012, 10:03 AM

nah, im thinking its the same, just adding passive skills and achievement.

Cahaun
07-05-2012, 10:18 AM

nah, im thinking its the same, just adding passive skills and achievement.
I think they are going to experiment SL with something new. Sam even said it's an update to the new UI.

octavos
07-05-2012, 10:19 AM
I think they are going to experiment SL with something new. Sam even said it's an update to the new UI.

I wanna be a Guinea pig :D if it helps level then yes im all up for it. grinding is a bit hard and now "bots" are an issue (since chrome inception -_-). so giving a person easier leveling abilities it will detour bot users and gives options to the grinders and to the not so-hard core players. (maybe change plat prices to compensate)

I would love to spend hours on end leveling "On a phone" but that isn't a realistic. what is is leveling like DL. but people dont have to use the new layout they can grind to there hearts content.

an assimilation like DL would be a god-send since DL you can also do jobs to get health packs. this would help new people joining the game.

*Zero*
07-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Would also love to see engineers brought up to par with other classes.

KillaSkillz
07-06-2012, 05:41 AM
Meh. thanks for info. I'm kind of indifferent if it happens at this point. i'll check back in on july 15th to see if there is even any news on what's happening, but i'm not holding my breath anymore.

KillaSkillz
07-07-2012, 12:41 PM
I would love to spend hours on end leveling "On a phone" but that isn't a realistic. what is is leveling like DL. but people dont have to use the new layout they can grind to there hearts content.

an assimilation like DL would be a god-send since DL you can also do jobs to get health packs. this would help new people joining the game.

leveling in DL is easy just click the allies missions and come back tomorrow. You can grind but it's pointless, killing the boss completes the map and is the only way to get xp off of the 3d missions, and that xp is either 5 or 10xp per map.

you can grind I guess, but 17k xp for cap level is a slow grind at 5 or 10xp per map. And there is a limited ecomomy there only pink level cap items have value (and only some of them) and only if it sells.

Everything is more expensive including the plat, but coins come very easy.

My opinion is: a step in the DL direction may be too much and kill the fun parts of this game, which was and is running maps grinding xp off each kill with friends. Hopefully sts implements only a couple things and doesn't turn this one into a tap game.

STS,please be careful what you change. People liked SL just the way it was.

bronislav84
07-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the update Sam, and curse apple and their long approval times. I swear, STS should just drop apple support.

I'm under 1k for capping in DL. So right that I will cap before SL gets it's update.

Growwle
07-07-2012, 02:03 PM
I find it interesting that the people who whine the loudest for an update are the same ones who will whine the loudest when the update gets pushed through and is broken.

flashbackflip
07-08-2012, 04:18 AM
I find it interesting that the people who whine the loudest for an update are the same ones who will whine the loudest when the update gets pushed through and is broken.

Lol i would not..

I would enjoy the play and report bugs in appropriate section

flashbackflip
07-08-2012, 04:45 AM
leveling in DL is easy just click the allies missions and come back tomorrow. You can grind but it's pointless, killing the boss completes the map and is the only way to get xp off of the 3d missions, and that xp is either 5 or 10xp per map.

you can grind I guess, but 17k xp for cap level is a slow grind at 5 or 10xp per map. And there is a limited ecomomy there only pink level cap items have value (and only some of them) and only if it sells.

Everything is more expensive including the plat, but coins come very easy.

My opinion is: a step in the DL direction may be too much and kill the fun parts of this game, which was and is running maps grinding xp off each kill with friends. Hopefully sts implements only a couple things and doesn't turn this one into a tap game.

STS,please be careful what you change. People liked SL just the way it was.

All is true about xp.. But i'm sure STS won't implement all the stuff - these games are too different.. SL alwas been more hardcore than the other two games (DL was made keeping in mind casual players)

So its likely SL will get daily rewards (to motivate players to visit the game) and achievements (with the 'titles' system i guess) and possibly - allies with rewards

But i also hope that xp rewards from allies will be lowered to prevent grinding without grinding

P.S.
personally i dont like DL grinding much as the missions r too short and its hard to form a decent party to grind them - ppl scatter apart

Jblazer
07-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Can't wait!

Xxsabre
07-08-2012, 10:57 PM
I dont really like dl but the achievments and tittle thing would be cool also a new lv cap and new armor setss and weapons

Jblazer
07-08-2012, 11:16 PM
I used to not like DL,but then I got addicted to it!STS ALL THE WAY!

markymarx
07-11-2012, 03:06 PM
One thing the devs have to think about when updating this game is that SL credits are much more valuable than DL credits. So they should not alter the blackstar economy by creating ways to make money without personally earning it (like the DL Ally system). SL has classes, not only engineer, operative, or commando... but low class, middle class, and upper class as well .

Snakespeare
07-11-2012, 03:13 PM
^ totally disagree, mark... the low player base is directly related to the high costs. There are no PUGs to join. You can keep your "classes". We need warm bodies. If it takes changing the Blackstar economy to make it more appealling to more players, then so be it.

Lady_Pebbles
07-11-2012, 03:15 PM
I really wish they'd shorten the maps in SL & make it easier to level. If I wanted an mmo that would take a long time to level, I would get a laptop and play MU Online again. These are suppose to be "casual" mobile mmos. Nothing really casual about a grinding game like PL & SL.

Just tired of having to do the same crap every single time on their games. Thanks for making DL different. <3

Flowman
07-11-2012, 04:22 PM
I really wish they'd shorten the maps in SL & make it easier to level. If I wanted an mmo that would take a long time to level, I would get a laptop and play MU Online again. These are suppose to be "casual" mobile mmos. Nothing really casual about a grinding game like PL & SL.

Just tired of having to do the same crap every single time on their games. Thanks for making DL different. <3

Compared to any other MMO for the PC/Mac, these games are EXTREMELY casual...even SL and PL. DL being by far the most 'casual' of the bunch. But I get what you're saying about the grinding thing. DL is almost too casual for me...doesn't focus much on teamwork like SL and the older PL maps do.

Lady_Pebbles
07-11-2012, 04:40 PM

Compared to any other MMO for the PC/Mac, these games are EXTREMELY casual...even SL and PL. DL being by far the most 'casual' of the bunch. But I get what you're saying about the grinding thing. DL is almost too casual for me...doesn't focus much on teamwork like SL and the older PL maps do.
I'm used to the hardcore grinding and all that jazz (I've been on many mmos over the years too via PC) but still we're talking about a mobile mmo. SL & PL are not casual enough for me as mobile mmos. *shrugs* Whereas DL is perfect. A combination of some grinding & casual gameplay. It has a nice balance for me. :)

I like that DL doesn't focus on team work. Its exactly where it should be, in PvP. In SL and PL, I have to rely on random PUGs or guildies to level... Which hinders my exp gain due to the fact that when Im on, hardly anyone is on. Or I end up in a crappy PUG... Or everyone is in their own closed rooms... Or the private rooms are filled fast so I have to wait or make my own runs..... Its frustrating. I had to go through all that to cap 3 times already in SL. It gets old man lol.

Edit: Especially when in SL the level cap exp requirements changes and doesn't stay the same like in DL. Remember when we needed 48k to cap in SL at lvl36??? That was freaking ridiculous! And still not much of a difference for 41. It sucks. Lets not even talk about PL lol. Overkill like a mofo.

CrazyKidd
07-11-2012, 06:34 PM
DL is the most boring game to date...you don't even have to play to level up. Just log on every 2 hours collect XP for doing nothing.....I mean what's the fun in that ?, game play at best is not even fun you don't even get XP credit for killing...just run to the end kill boss leave 10xp...

Where as SL provides a better game platform ..you play to get ex...which means I log on to actually PLAY.....ain't that the point of games? To be played?
Setting the 2 hr timer gets old fast...I went from lv20 -lv25 with only playing maybe 20 runs on a level. I have 6k until lv26....

I hope you all don't kill SL

Lady_Pebbles
07-11-2012, 07:16 PM
DL is the most boring game to date...you don't even have to play to level up. Just log on every 2 hours collect XP for doing nothing.....I mean what's the fun in that ?, game play at best is not even fun you don't even get XP credit for killing...just run to the end kill boss leave 10xp...

Where as SL provides a better game platform ..you play to get ex...which means I log on to actually PLAY.....ain't that the point of games? To be played?
Setting the 2 hr timer gets old fast...I went from lv20 -lv25 with only playing maybe 20 runs on a level. I have 6k until lv26....

I hope you all don't kill SL
What you think is boring, I think is hella fun. ;)

Its actually the same concept but different way of getting exp. Leeching isn't allowed and its more fun to be able to PvP (in real PvP not that turned based stuff that should be kept in text based games....) between runs and collecting from allies. Instead of just run after run after run after run. Etc. That to me is boring. I love the option to go between one and the other. Glad they are bringing the ally system over to SL so it can help those of us who want to gain exp when we can, rather than it being mandatory to go on runs constantly to gain the exp from mobs. With the maps being so big in SL, and the amount of exp gained from mobs.. The ally system will help a lot.

The timers are also awesome because people can login every day, every hour, or wait a few minites to gain gold and exp while at work, school, etc. Its awesome if you have a busy schedule and the best part is... You don't have to use them. They are there in case you do. Its not like people are in a race to cap first lol. Its your job to get there at the time you want, when you want to. Why depend on someone else for YOUR characters to level? Makes no sense. Its YOUR responsibility and not others so I say hallelujurr to the ally system on SL. :)

Growwle
07-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Grinding is not the problem, grinding the same content for months on end is.

Lady_Pebbles
07-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Grinding is not the problem, grinding the same content for months on end is.
Having to pay to play maps you already completed is also a problem. No way you can get exp from them unless you pay up. Smh.

Jblazer
07-11-2012, 08:20 PM
It's crazy how many people didn't like DL but now there hooked.DL is awesome!In my opinion,one thing that brought some people back was when they updated it to not having to spend energy to just fight.A great decision once again by STS.

Exion
07-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Oh god.. please dont bring that DL Crap to SL, DL was created to be a completely different game then PL and SL so let it stay that way.
Not everyone likes PvP and thats all that DL has to offer, the reason why SL is such a great game is because it's actually nice to and easy to pve.
All that DL **** will take away the soul of SL.
If you like PvP then stick to a boring game like DL, if you like pve.. play a good game like SL.

They just need to update the game with events and new maps (pve stuff) just a bit more and deliver when they say that they wil deliver.

Chainriper
07-11-2012, 11:22 PM
what???

CrazyKidd
07-12-2012, 01:24 AM
Exactly......they better not bring that lame game play here....or I'll be giving away alot of free vanities ..first to go will be my Xray's
I can't stand DL ..there is no point to that game...As for the Pvp its basicly the same system just different map.

Lady_Pebbles
07-12-2012, 01:43 AM
Some of you are missing the point here... They are bringing in some of the elements/features of DL into SL. They aren't changing the entire system to be DL. What I was talking about is simply my opinion.

Geeze read the posts and stop freaking out! lol

Deathpunch
07-12-2012, 02:09 AM
Dang, all y'all need to quit yer wailin'. AFAIK, all that's coming over from DL is passives, achievements, and possibly the allies system. Now, get yer panties out of a twist and go play. Also, let's try to refrain from cursing on the forums, m'kay?

-----

*Zero*
07-12-2012, 08:20 AM
All i can say anything is better than what we have now. If they bring allies and passives and daily rewards and a new ui, i will celebrate the game needs a overhaul and a tune up. So dont be quick to judge something you havent seen.

XxReiReixX
07-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Oh god.. please dont bring that DL Crap to SL, DL was created to be a completely different game then PL and SL so let it stay that way.
Not everyone likes PvP and thats all that DL has to offer, the reason why SL is such a great game is because it's actually nice to and easy to pve.
If you like PvP then stick to a boring game like DL, if you like pve.. play a good game like SL.

They just need to update the game with events and new maps (pve stuff) just a bit more and deliver when they say that they wil deliver.

Ahem.. PvP in SL awesome! don't say that PvE is the only thing fun in SL. xD

Growwle
07-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Dang, all y'all need to quit yer wailin'. AFAIK, all that's coming over from DL is passives, achievements, and possibly the allies system. Now, get yer panties out of a twist and go play. Also, let's try to refrain from cursing on the forums, m'kay?

-----

I'm sure it will be similar to what they did with PL.

Deathpunch
07-12-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm sure it will be similar to what they did with PL.

More than likely. I'm not sure of the full extent of the additions, as I don't play PL.

-----

KillaSkillz
07-12-2012, 06:37 PM

I totally agree with this statement. I capped in DL on allies missions only in one week. I don't give a darn about pvp, there is no point to it in my opinion. All of the DL maps are too easy and small there is no need to get a team together. If I wanted a chat room with little buttons to press to pass the time while I chat I would download bingo. I downloaded a game to play a mmo with maps and team efforts, yeah its hard to get ahead but thats why I play SL and not a bingo app. I only cap one toon in SL, and if I went for 3 I would be burned out on grinding, that's why I only care about capping one. The rest of my time I run maps with friends and help them or hunt vanities. Heck anything is DL that would possibly have value in game flows like water, there is no economy just tons of gold and cheap items and a bunch of people standing around talking waiting on timers.
Even the vanities that they will make tradeable at some point, will flood the market and they will be selling for 1k.

DL is the most casual mmo ever, you can succeed by playing for 5 minutes a day like I do!

gison
07-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Please please don't make SL be like DL or PL :(

DataPunk
07-13-2012, 03:54 AM
So when is the update?

Seiyen
07-13-2012, 04:54 AM
So when is the update?

Next year :banghead:

-Raghav

DataPunk
07-13-2012, 05:28 AM
Thanks for the very helpful reply!

Mitchturbo
07-13-2012, 05:51 AM
This week coming. To next week. Before next month at least.

Popular
07-13-2012, 10:03 AM
So, justg says the reason was apple approval.
Sam says bugs.

-_-

Which is the true one?

octavos
07-13-2012, 10:23 AM
So, justg says the reason was apple approval.
Sam says bugs.

-_-

Which is the true one?

LOL!!!! i was thinking the same thing. which one.

Popular
07-13-2012, 10:35 AM
LOL!!!! i was thinking the same thing. which one.

I think we relly need to ask them 1:1

octavos
07-13-2012, 10:39 AM
I think we relly need to ask them 1:1

we have been asking, asking.....asking a bit more..had threads locked (which is funny :p). SL needs a client push just like the past 2 PL clients.
When it does hit...it will be awesome....ahhh daydreaming on Friday the 13th.... scary :S

Popular
07-13-2012, 11:07 AM
I wont be So amused, since it's not a forever-thing.

Its just a event after all

And in this rate, we'll never make it to 2m

Waldiney Andrade
07-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Com certeza todos os brasileiros que jogam estão anciosos pelo evento e pelas atualizações.. .por favor, nao demorem. . hehhee

octavos
07-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Com certeza todos os brasileiros que jogam estão anciosos pelo evento e pelas atualizações.. .por favor, nao demorem. . hehhee

translation...
Surely all Brazilians who play for the event and are eager for updates .. . please do not linger. . hehhee

Seiyen
07-13-2012, 11:30 AM

:confused: u cussing devs? ??lol

-Raghav

asazocave
07-13-2012, 12:49 PM
ill wait for AL it seem it will realse before than Infested
Deck Update

Rawrimafish
07-13-2012, 02:06 PM
:confused: u cussing devs? ??lol

-Raghav

he said
Surely all Brazilians who play for the event and are eager for updates .. . please do not linger. . hehheh

if google translate didnt lie to me ^^

Dahitman
07-13-2012, 02:06 PM
ill wait for AL it seem it will realse before than Infested
Deck Update

LOL. You'll get a message saying reserve your IGN and get free shield for AL before infested is released.

Samhayne
07-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Event is on!