PDA

View Full Version : Censor Control

LightPurple
07-03-2012, 05:41 PM
I've been playing long enough to notice almost every day how I accidentally spell "t it" in almost every message or as of today,put said shock"tit"e and part was censored,I mean it's an armor STS!!i also said a sentence that spelled out smeg in the middle,I typed the word and got muted :( think the message was" what's me gonna do later then?" since off topic my guild buddy was heading out. STS I beg please just work on your censor,mostly every sentence will have an T in there and an IT next to it. if anyone has gotten fustrated please share your personal experience :)
if I broke a rule saying things that are censored sorry :<

Traosabara
07-03-2012, 05:51 PM
I think it is worth regular sentences being censored sometimes to prevent people from using inappropriate language.
People try to bypass this filter too much as it is.

PianoWizzy
07-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Not to mention Titan Tech......

LightPurple
07-03-2012, 07:56 PM
yea I mean they can at least make exceptions for armor names,kinda gets annoying to be correcting yourself on 600 ping

Asavadale
07-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Just Go To Options And Take off chat filter

flashbackflip
07-04-2012, 09:23 AM

Absolutely

Go to options then options again. Find 'filter chat' and uncheck it

Lol I thought everyone was on that page! Options is the first place I visit in any game...

ImHawk
07-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Hmm.... we'll nothing we can do about it...

PianoWizzy
07-04-2012, 02:58 PM

I do understand that but shouldn't that being excluded be default?

flashbackflip
07-05-2012, 12:04 AM
I do understand that but shouldn't that being excluded be default?

Can not agree with that assuming kids r playing this game

The thing that MUST be excluded by default is auto-levelling )))

PianoWizzy
07-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Can not agree with that assuming kids r playing this game

The thing that MUST be excluded by default is auto-levelling )))

That, I majorly agree with.

What I meant was, that complete words such as "titan" or even "titanium" be excluded from the censor. Or phrases like "got it" which frustrated me when I forgot to take the filter off as I uninstall and reinstall SL regularly.

LightPurple
07-05-2012, 08:51 PM
well...if anyone wanted to break the censor,all they gave to do is mispell the word or put a character like !,?,*,@,$,etc. we have the option to report players as it is,I'd just like for sentences to be excluded or as the post before mine says,whole words/phrases. would be a nice little update to think about.
P.S.ive been muted 3 times so far for tryin to figure out what the word spelled that was censored :),and so far I still don't get what in the holly word is smeg

Libertie
07-06-2012, 06:03 PM
The bothersome thing about turning off chat filter is that, one, you have to do it on every device you play on (your account settings do not transfer between devices).. and two, people can still get muted for accidentally making the filter angry and they wouldn't even know it if their chat filter was turned off.

I think they went overboard with the filter, personally. Just do things like other online games do - filter only the ACTUAL WORDS. And if someone is going to extreme lengths to bypass the filter by using spaces, characters, etc., trust your players to use the report function and then warn/punish them accordingly.

PianoWizzy
07-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Nicely said Libertie :cool: