PDA

View Full Version : Infection!!! (the heck with lame pvp)

MightyMicah
07-03-2012, 08:42 PM
INTRODUCTION

(Before I begin realize that you shouldn't take me too seriously with the expressions I use)

Ok. I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm so flipping tired of same old pvp. Whether its rushing or FFA or 1v1 I don't care. I'm just so sick of it! It seems like people are constantly giving amazing ideas for new pvp modes but as far as we know the devs don't give a flying flip about changing pvp at all. Lol so I've decided to just screw waiting around for a new mode and make one myself!

WELCOME TO THE INFECTION THREAD

Concept Explained

For those of you who have played infection before, you already know somewhat what I'm talking about. Now let me explain the rules. *cracks knuckles*

Infection is somewhat like a giant game of tag. Starts out (normally) with one person who is "it." This person will go out and try and tag others. Once another person is tagged they become "it" as well and both try and tag the rest of the people who are not "it." This is essentially what is going to happen in Pocket Legends. Only instead of tagging people we will be killing them.

Simple enough right? But I'm sure you are wondering how all of this is going to work. How will we keep track of everything? Basically, how will this all play out? Allow me to explain that as well.

The Works

Everyone will comment on this thread letting me know that they wish to join in the fun. I will then start a list of people who will be participating. ONLY these people who comment on the thread are part of this whole game of infection. (in other words you can't tell a friend in game and have him join. He's gotta sign up here so I can keep track)

Depending on how many people enter I will determine the number of those who are "it." In the first comment below I will have two categories- "The Infected" and "The Healthy." Over time the list of those who are "The healthy" will begin to grow smaller and "The Infected" will grow bigger. Once there is only 1 character remaining in "The Healthy" group the game is over and that remaining character is the victor. I would reward this person with a prize, however it would be too easy to enter and then not get on at all, easily winning the game. Realize that this is all "on the honor system" so to speak. The sole purpose here is fun.

Ok so how will the hunting work? Well I am going to allow exactly 10 days from today (7/4/12) at 10pm Eastern time for participants to enter. At the end of these 10 days the game will begin. The few Hunters will begin searching through Pocket Legends pvp for the hunted characters. Once they are spotted use whatever means necessary to kill them. Then take a screenshot and come here to the forums, post that screenshot, and I will swap them from "The Healthy" list to "The Infected" list. This will continue to go on until one character is left in "The Healthy" list, as I stated above.

I'm sure there is one question on your mind. Why would the hunted even get on? After all why not just avoid pvp and not get killed? Well, here is why- for every 5 (or 3 depending on how many people enter) kills you get on the infected, you have the opportunity to "save" one of your friends from being infected. In other words, if you defend off 5 attacks from the infected. You can swap a character of your choice from being "The Infected" to being "The Healthy." This is where the honor system REALLY comes into play. I don't need five screenshots. That would be way too complicated. Just be honest. If I find out you weren't honest, you get removed from the game.

The last thing I can think of are toons. In order for this to work we will obviously have to be able to use multiple toons so that the hunter(s) doesn't start at level 10 and everyone else uses their end game toons. (see what I mean?) I've decided to allow a total of 3 toons per person. My advise is don't pick them around the same level. Try and pick say, a 26, a 50, and 70, so as to get a good wide spread range of levels that you can pvp in. Below in the comments your name will posted like this- "MightyMicah/MasterMicah/ProphetMicah" (my three toons that are entering. Who said I couldn't join ;) )

RECAP

Ok so let's get a little recap-

There's "The Infected" and "The Healthy." Over time "The Healthy" will become "The Infected"
The last person remaining in "The Healthy" wins.
You may use three toons to search the pvp world and hunt down enemy's.
Below you will post the name of your three toons (you may use less if you don't have 3) in order to enter.

OUTRO

Alright so you get the idea now right? If not I'll edit accordingly. That's about it so the last thing I'll say is- Play nice! Play fair! Have fun! Don't eat chalk! And let's do this! We gotta get a good amount of people to join so come on. If you're reading this and you pvp, why not join?

Q&A

I decided to start a question and answer portion of this thread in order to answer the questions from below comments.

Q-can the infected hunt in groups? Or the healthy defend in groups?
A- absolutely! Use whatever it takes to bring the healthy or infected down.

Q-Can we use throwing knives? (talons?)
A-yes! Lol whatever it takes

Q-if we start out infected we can't win?
A-if you start out infected your goal is to infect everyone, so yes you can win. If you mean "win" as in be the last healthy person, it is actually possible. You'll need a friend to take out 5 infected and heal you.

Q-if one of your characters gets infected, are they all infected?
A-think of it as your forum account getting infected. All it takes is one toon to cause your entire account to get infected. So, in other words, yes.

Q-When will it start?
A-well above I stated the deadline, however I may need to extend it a bit considering not many people have joined yet. We will see.

Q-If three "healthy" repel the "infected" five times is that three heals?
A-heals only come about by individual kills on the Infected. In other words one person must get a total of 5 kills to revive an infected. It doesn't really matter what the scenario is.

Q-Can you leave the game when an Infected joins?
A-if the infected joins you CAN choose to leave (like a coward :P) but remember, your infected friend is counting on you to get five kills and heal him! If the infected hits you and you leave before he gets the kill, you still become infected. (in other words if it reads, "you have left the game during combat")

~UPDATE~

Due to lack of participants Infection will be postponed indefinitely until a minimum of 20 participants have joined. If you really wish to start this thing tell your friends and spread the word! Thank you =D

~UPDATE 2~

In possibly less than a week I will be moving from Kentucky to Virginia. This process shouldn't take more than a week or two to settle in. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use this time to inform your friends about infection! The more participants, the more fun this will be! I'm hoping to get this game started in less than a month. From then on people can still join and I'll flip a coin to find out if they'll start as an infected or healthy. Thanks again y'all!

~MM

MightyMicah
07-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Ok so this list will start out as simply "Participants." once it starts however, I will edit it to have "The Infected" and "The Healthy."

Participants-
1.MightyMicah/Micahreturns/ProphetMicah
2.Powrstriker/buffedbear/perfectpowr
3.Supahhgotenks/Supahhgotenkzz/Goteenks
4.Hellodream/twinkmonster
5.Extracting/Mtyth/Extractmage
6.puress/misspvp/purex
7.Thornblast/oyeonac/brainFreezed
8.Falsecast/Falsebreak/illiltedlliil
9.Crimsontider/Crimsontiderr/Crimthereaper
10.Vvhat/Jinglebellls/Xxpvppownerxx
11.Ferrousity/SandFarmer
12.Cuddlylilbear/lovelyunicorn
13.Appleswagga/Mrappletwink
14.Morewizard/oszabac/moreavian

CrimsonTider
07-03-2012, 09:05 PM
My only question is: Can the "infected" hunt in groups? Kinda like in Halo, you could uave 5 infected attack you at once.

Just wanna help you cover all bases (you and I bith know someone will complain if not clear). ;)

Count me in. I don't like pvp anymore but this will be fun... ninja style! I'll let ya know soon my 3 toons.

EDIT: Add in Crimsontider (70), Crimsontiderr (66), and Crimthereaper (52)

MightyMicah
07-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Absolutely! Whatever it takes to bring the healthy down is acceptable! And awesome! Just edit in your toon names I guess and I'll add them to the participants. :)

Noodleleg
07-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Do we get throwing knives in this private lobby?

Elitephonix
07-04-2012, 01:48 PM
@noodleleg it's called talons smart one (-_^)

lilgangster
07-04-2012, 01:49 PM
So if we enter n we r chosen as infected at the start we can't win?

MightyMicah
07-04-2012, 03:52 PM
I edited in answers to yalls questions ;)

OvigorothO
07-04-2012, 05:11 PM
So if we enter n we r chosen as infected at the start we can't win?

You win when everyone is infected ;)
But to the main topic, i dont think there can be new modes when the long standing deathmatch still has so many issues..

Buffedbear Pl
07-05-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm in....sounds fun for a change

IGN's

Powrstriker - 51
Buffedbear - 67 ( leveling to 70 no thrashers lol)
Perfectpowr - 31

Question time.... Are you keeping track of this by forum acc or toons? Like if one of your toons become infected then are all of your toons considered infected?

SuperGotenks
07-05-2012, 02:13 AM
Supahhgotenks/supahhgotenkzz/goteenks
All level 18-23

Wthlite
07-05-2012, 03:40 AM
Hey Micah!
Many people have suggested ideas of new PvP themed modes, the only two are CTF and PvP, although I myself would like to see new game types come, it is hard to find something that works out, because remember, its not just pros playing, some "noobs" or mabye people who arent as good in pvp could be put back by better players with more experience. Things need to be balanced.

Swords
07-05-2012, 09:05 AM
L37-hellodream :D
L21-Twinkmonster

Buffedbear Pl
07-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Hey Micah!
Many people have suggested ideas of new PvP themed modes, the only two are CTF and PvP, although I myself would like to see new game types come, it is hard to find something that works out, because remember, its not just pros playing, some "noobs" or mabye people who arent as good in pvp could be put back by better players with more experience. Things need to be balanced.

Well we all started out as noobs, and I personally got better by reading all these pvp threads - so point those noobs over to these forums.

zappaxe
07-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Yes!!!! Extracting 15- Myth 71- Extractmage 22-
This is gonna be awesome!!!

EDIT: When will it start?

Double Edit: going with crims question can the "Healthy" repel the "Infected" in groups? And if three "Healthy" repel the "Infected" five times is that three "heals"?

MightyMicah
07-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Well I edited in yalls questions and the participants. Looks like things are beginning to make progress! :D

Purey
07-06-2012, 12:26 AM
sounds fun!

26-puress
36-misspvp
70-purx

Piosidon
07-06-2012, 12:48 AM
Bro, u need to set a level range

Back
07-06-2012, 01:34 AM
ThornBlast - 55
Oyeonac - 66
BrainFreezed - 30 (might lvl up to 31)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

zappaxe
07-06-2012, 01:47 AM

He's trying to make it all levels. I for one thinks it's going to be awesome if he can get a lot of players in

MightyMicah
07-06-2012, 04:43 PM

Actually my goal is to eliminate the obstacle of levels. If enough people join, it will work. If not I just may have to.

Edit-what zapp^ said lol...

Swords
07-07-2012, 08:17 PM
There should be a leaderboard for most kills and deaths

revengeofjaws
07-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Im in i dont know what characters to let join tho

False
07-12-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm in:
Falsecast (35)
Falsebreak (51)
illilitedlili (18)

Swords
07-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Bumped: So does the infection start tomorrow?

@Micah: I think u should update the particpants, False listed his chars
@revenge: not to rush u but u should make up ur mind soon

False
07-14-2012, 12:00 PM
Sorry I misspelled one of my characters. It's illiltedlliil for all those who want to hunt him.
Those i's and l's really get ya :)

MightyMicah
07-14-2012, 11:10 PM
I updated the original thread explaining why infection hasn't started yet :D

And lol @Falsecast I fixed it ;)

Buffedbear Pl
07-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Need moar participants

Swords
07-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Err....... Lets just start now and the players who just joined infected should be automactially joined in the middle of game as in mw3 infected

cookiez
07-17-2012, 04:07 PM
AWESOME BRO!! Count Me In!

vvhat, LVL 51
Jinglebellls, lvl 51
Xxpvppownerxx, lvl 68

cookiez
07-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Question, if your getting attacked by an infected, can you leave the game?

Swords
07-25-2012, 10:48 AM
>:( bump!

False
07-25-2012, 10:59 AM
>:( bump!

Everyone join! Let's get this game started.

Jedispartan
07-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Question, if your getting attacked by an infected, can you leave the game?

i was gonna ask the same thing

MightyMicah
07-25-2012, 04:54 PM
I updated the thread and filled in another Q&A as well as updating the deadline and reason for the delay. Thanks!

Appleisaac
07-25-2012, 05:24 PM
I hope it isn't too late to enter! :) I'm just going to enter two toons (if thats okay)

Appleswagga: 14 Mage
Mrappletwink: 13 bear

Swords
08-11-2012, 01:50 PM
well this is getting boring :/

MightyMicah
08-11-2012, 07:19 PM
I know, my move is taking way longer than I expected. The movers gotta take two weeks to move stuff from Maryland to Virginia -_- I promise as soon I get moved I'll try and contact everyone and get this thing started!

MorewizardForums
08-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Morewizard/Oszabac/Moreavian