PDA

View Full Version : accessoire items.

Chronical
04-19-2010, 09:36 AM
I'd like to suggest some things, which I got from FlyFF. I know, I can't compare PL with a huge, really old (in terms of long work) MMORPG on a PC (yet), but I'll still do it.

What I'd like to see would be different kind of armor systems. The first few ideas would be these:
- Upgradable armors.
(Upgrade with gems, gems rarely get dropped by mobs; the higher the armor, the lower is the chance for the specific gem to drop)
Which would let the armor go up to +10 or +20, which would increase defense/effects/elements.
With this implemented, everyone could differ their armor.
You can drop a level 1 fire, ice, thunder, poison gem or dex, str, int gems.
Sure, you'd need to implement a crafting system, but with this, weapons would also be upgradable! (with the same gems)

The second suggestion would be ultra-rare items. I know, we've got pinks, but I've never really see them differ from the looks of other items, look at the ice axe for example, it doesn't give you that "epic" feel.
For example, look at this armor. It's extremely rare (drops at a chance of 0.03% or something, also, it only drops from the hardest enemies in the whole game.)
http://www.kostenlose-mmorpgs.de/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/flyff_heros1.jpg
If you could do something like this, then I'd love you. I'd farm for 3 months just for the body armor part.
With this ingame, we could also get "Guild Boss fights", which,
1. Wouldn't lead to lag due to 5 people being in a small room with the boss in it.
2. Would lead to guild trading, for example, you get the ultra rare mage armor as an archer, you'll trade it to your level 50 mage in your guild. Success.
3. would simply be stunning.

Looking forward to replies, thanks :D

SMELTN
04-19-2010, 09:53 AM
I think adding "gems" to the game is a little to much to add right now. I DO want to see different looking armor sets for sure, and thats something that has been mentioned a lot on the forums.

One thing about the boss fights and lagging is, remember the good part about this game is its like a console game, everyone is using the same hardware, so it would be easy for the devs to make sure there isn't any video lag during fights, now controlling connection lag is another thing that is out of the devs hands.

Trading is coming soon! Mailboxes are on the list also, so the ability to trade items to other toons are in the works and will be here quick. Currently there are no BOP (Bind on Pickup) items in the game so we should be good to go.

Chronical
04-19-2010, 10:03 AM
I don't think that adding gems is too much actually. It's something which probably could be implemented in weeks to months.
Yeah, I know that the trading system is coming, but I just said that so people wouldn't say "But what if you'd drop a different kind of ultra rare armor?", you know ;)
The gem system could actually lead to a much more intuitive game without that much work, you'd just let people make their own armor. Sure, you'd still need to drop pinks and upgrade them for maximal "awesomeness", but I think that a crafting system would make this game epically epic.

Dizko
04-19-2010, 10:26 AM
I agree that I want the hard-to-get items to be MUCH better and MUCH harder to get :)

Merve
04-19-2010, 11:31 AM
good ideas :P

Pixxie
04-19-2010, 11:44 AM
If I add gems.. will my avatar look like the one in that picture?

Xervitude
04-19-2010, 12:04 PM
I agree that I want the hard-to-get items to be MUCH better and MUCH harder to get :)

This! Sooo much this! I know this is a 'casual' game for 'casual' players but the fact is there ARE hardcore players going to be playing and this will give them a reason to keep playing and playing and playing, even when the content gets old.

Chronical
04-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Yeah Pacifus. lol.

Splurd
04-19-2010, 12:48 PM
I don't think that adding gems is too much actually. It's something which probably could be implemented in weeks to months.
Yeah, I know that the trading system is coming, but I just said that so people wouldn't say "But what if you'd drop a different kind of ultra rare armor?", you know ;)
The gem system could actually lead to a much more intuitive game without that much work, you'd just let people make their own armor. Sure, you'd still need to drop pinks and upgrade them for maximal "awesomeness", but I think that a crafting system would make this game epically epic.

I wont say its that easy.
I mean yeah, if they wanted to they can rush out a improve armour system. But it will be shoddy and probably not balanced.
For example, to show what I mean.
What if lvl 30 monsters drop gems which add +10 to armour.
Then you go upgrade your lvl 1 armour, and give it to a lowbie. Then this low level char becomes over powered.
Or maybe the devs make a gem which adds +5 doge. And people hunt them like mad, and add 5 of them to their armour, 5 to their shield, 5 to their helmet, and 5 to their weapon, and tada, they get 20*5=100% doge rate and the character become unkillable.

I'm not saying the devs *are* this stupid. I sure hope not. But what I'm saying is that if you rush out a feature too quickly and without thought, there may be imbalances, exploits and loopholes.
Maybe the Devs will work on it in time. But it wont be a few weeks :cool:

Xervitude
04-19-2010, 12:53 PM
I wont say its that easy.
I mean yeah, if they wanted to they can rush out a improve armour system. But it will be shoddy and probably not balanced.
For example, to show what I mean.
What if lvl 30 monsters drop gems which add +10 to armour.
Then you go upgrade your lvl 1 armour, and give it to a lowbie. Then this low level char becomes over powered.
Or maybe the devs make a gem which adds +5 doge. And people hunt them like mad, and add 5 of them to their armour, 5 to their shield, 5 to their helmet, and 5 to their weapon, and tada, they get 20*5=100% doge rate and the character become unkillable.

I'm not saying the devs *are* this stupid. I sure hope not. But what I'm saying is that if you rush out a feature too quickly and without thought, there may be imbalances, exploits and loopholes.
Maybe the Devs will work on it in time. But it wont be a few weeks :cool:

Consider this.. one gems are fused with the equipment it is permanent (unless you pay $1.99 to unfuse?) therefor noone is going to waste too much time wasting powerful gems on a low level who will just level up in a few hours anyways, plus potential extra revenue for the company.

Splurd
04-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Consider this.. one gems are fused with the equipment it is permanent (unless you pay $1.99 to unfuse?) therefor noone is going to waste too much time wasting powerful gems on a low level who will just level up in a few hours anyways, plus potential extra revenue for the company.

I'm sure that if the devs implement a item upgrading scheme they will have a plan for it.
My point is not "item upgrading is a bad idea"
I think its a great idea.
I am just pointing out, its not something that happens in a week or two.

Chronical
04-19-2010, 03:39 PM

Just about what I wanted to say. They could also make the gems drop from level 40+ monsters, which wouldn't let low level characters upgrade their gear. If this is going to happen in any kind of way, then I'm sure that the gems will be hard to get.

They could, for example, make mini bosses harder and let them drop gems with a chance of 0.1-0.9% dropping rate. The dropping rate would decrease for more rare gems and increase for noob gems like +1 armor.
There'd also be a set amount of gems, for example 2 gems per item. I know, this may sound like you get an overpowered character, but with the rare gems dropping at a rate of 0.1%, I'm sure that only the luckiest people would get those gems.

Felora
04-19-2010, 08:54 PM
The second suggestion would be ultra-rare items. I know, we've got pinks, but I've never really see them differ from the looks of other items, look at the ice axe for example, it doesn't give you that "epic" feel.

Just this is important enough for serious players!

Chronical
04-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Just this is important enough for serious players!

Well, there are many serious players out there which'd like to see more rare items ;)

Splurd
04-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Actually most serious players would rather like to see stat and item balance.