PDA

View Full Version : Lets get this all straight....

Arsenal
07-03-2012, 10:02 PM
technoemail is a girl!!! been seeing him or he in every thread. just thought id let you all know

Lowlyspy
07-03-2012, 10:04 PM
O Rly? Hehe wasn't aware of that, good to know for the future.

Jugernugetx
07-03-2012, 10:10 PM
I thought... ah ok thx lol.

Windwaiker
07-03-2012, 10:14 PM
I think Sam referred to her as a her a few times, maybe I can find it...

Bunnyshoota
07-03-2012, 11:06 PM
Wait. He's a girl? O.o

StompArtist
07-03-2012, 11:08 PM
She baked vegan cupcakes. Gotta be a girl according to my gender profiling probability engine.

Zeus
07-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Explains the excessive use of emoticons... ;)

JK, Techno! <3 It's not a bad thing!

Paar
07-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Hai, Girl! :)

Arsenal
07-03-2012, 11:13 PM

hahaha

Sryyoulose
07-03-2012, 11:34 PM
I always thought that... Girls are different then guys... A couple of my best friends are girls... Not like Gf Bf thing just friends ;)

Phoenixking
07-03-2012, 11:44 PM
The tables have turned?

Otukura
07-04-2012, 12:16 AM

Don't say JK when you don't mean it.

Zeus
07-04-2012, 02:08 AM
Don't say JK when you don't mean it.

I do, Chris, it doesn't bother me. Does it bother you? :)

When you assume, you make out of yourself, or whatever the quote is. -_-

Arsenal
07-04-2012, 02:17 AM

When you assume, you make an *** out of yourself, or whatever the quote is. -_-

its " when you ASSSUME you make an out of U and ME...= Assume :D

Otukura
07-04-2012, 02:18 AM

When you assume, you make an *** out of yourself, or whatever the quote is. -_-

I got a reaction out of you. Mission accomplished!

Zeus
07-04-2012, 02:33 AM
I got a reaction out of you. Mission accomplished!

Aww, babe, I'll make sure to give you attention whenever you need it, Mmk? ;)

There there... *pats Chris's shoulder*

Otukura
07-04-2012, 02:44 AM
Aww, babe, I'll make sure to give you attention whenever you need it, Mmk? ;)

There there... *pats Chris's shoulder*

You've got nothing on Everyone'sFavMage.

Zeus
07-04-2012, 04:55 AM
You've got nothing on Everyone'sFavMage.

Meh, he's always using the wrong meme's, I'm sure I can find something. ;)

Glad
07-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Message deleted

~A~
07-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Ummmm..... Wow........... A......... Really? Got any proof? I..... neeeeeedddd......... proof.... *faints*

Airity
07-04-2012, 09:38 AM
This.... Is... AMAZING!

;)

Bunnyshoota
07-04-2012, 10:17 AM
On the other hand...........
Pics or it didn't happen.

Windwaiker
07-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Found some proof!

Surprise - it is true!! This is your pal, Techno Email, a.k.a. the fearless design lead of Pocket Legends. :tranquillity: I had so much fun with you guys in game over Mother's Day, and this Memorial Day weekend is going to be a blast. You guys are a really awesome community and we want you to know it, so we'll see you in Pocket Legends for some crazy fun this Memorial Day weekend!! Thank you so much for welcoming me into the community. Here's a little info about me for those who are interested:

On the weekends, I spend countless hours playing Legends games and brainstorming fun ideas for Pocket Legends. To get a picture of what that's like, imagine a mad-scientist in some kind of Pocket Legends fun-lab... that's pretty much me. :livid: I also play Chess like Bobby Fischer, watch nerdy movies, bake vegan treats, learn piano, and teach yoga. BUT, I spend most of my days designing the much-anticipated Humania release for Pocket Legends!

Notice how Techno Email bakes vegan treats.

One of our awesome designers is quite the cupcake baker :cupcake: Besides spoiling you all with awesome content (she was the main designer behind Numa Prime and the Forest Haven revamp, among others) she spoils us with yummy cupcakes! This morning it was Vegan Choc'o'Penut Butter Cupcakes. Here's what is left of them :eagerness:

Maybe if someone is interested I can get her to share the recipe.

Samhayne refers to the vegan baker with feminine pronouns.

From http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36281

Samhayne
07-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Yes, TechnoEmail is a woman. Come on guys, it is 2012. It's not your gender that matters, but the content of your character.

So I ask - what kind of gamer are you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrBoeMF4FYs#!

lilgangster
07-04-2012, 10:38 AM
It's like everything I knw is a lie D: lol jk it's cool I guess XD?

Windwaiker
07-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Don't give too much attention to the fact that she's a woman, or else you'll make her feel bad. (OMG SHE'S A GURL!!! HOW IS THIS POSSILE!)

Roc
07-04-2012, 10:56 AM

So....so awesome! I used to get a lot of flack for playing Soul Calibur...until I pwned the guys at the local tournament muahahahahaha. $200 won, $0 for sexist boys :p

Samhayne
07-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Don't give too much attention to the fact that she's a woman, or else you'll make her feel bad. (OMG SHE'S A GURL!!! HOW IS THIS POSSILE!)

Why would that make her feel bad?

StompArtist
07-04-2012, 11:40 AM

I think that calling her a man might make her feel bad. Lol

Matutd
07-04-2012, 11:45 AM
I'm confused as to how most of the comments here are relevant :confused: big whoop she's a girl, It's not really anything special, there's more girls in the world you know.

TechniShock
07-04-2012, 11:56 AM

I think that calling her a man might make her feel bad. Lol

Its like assuming a mage a girl and a bear and archer a boy

Windwaiker
07-04-2012, 12:55 PM

Some people are saying stuff like, "I need proof!"
"wow, she's a girl!"

And stuff along those lines, like it's unbelievable. I'm not saying that being a woman is bad, but I'd feel a bit let down if people requested proof that I was a woman...

Urqui
07-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Technoemail is really funny. She was doing quests in Humania & I was running with her. She did about 2 levels untill she really said anything lol

HunterSLAYER
07-04-2012, 01:18 PM
She never seems to be in town which is kind of strange, I've always wanted to get that fiery antenna but the maps she is in is always full.
I give up.

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

dudetus
07-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Lol @ this great hazzle.

We have men running beauty salons and still everyone is like ZOMG as a lead game designer is a woman.

slaveleia
07-04-2012, 01:43 PM
I think it is great for all of us that Techno email is a lady...isnt it true that women are better designers, creative, & artistic? The game & stuff we get will be that much better! yay!

Jcyee
07-04-2012, 05:06 PM
So....so awesome! I used to get a lot of flack for playing Soul Calibur...until I pwned the guys at the local tournament muahahahahaha. $200 won, $0 for sexist boys :p

Lucky... Lol but nice

Rare
07-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Girls are different then guys...

And thank God for that!!!

Whirlzap
07-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Let's take this logical flow a step further.

WHAT IF TECHNOEMAIL IS SAM OR DELPHINA?!!!!!

Otukura
07-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Meh, he's always using the wrong meme's, I'm sure I can find something. ;)

I mean, if I were to ever want a cyber-girl-boyfriend, I could ask him.

Artemis
07-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Ummmm..... Wow........... A......... Really? Got any proof? I..... neeeeeedddd......... proof.... *faints*

That's a bit excessive? Lol

Artemis
07-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Yes, TechnoEmail is a woman. Come on guys, it is 2012. It's not your gender that matters, but the content of your character.

So I ask - what kind of gamer are you?

I just about died laughing at "No, I'm not here so you can rub one out."

Whirlzap
07-04-2012, 07:10 PM
I just about died laughing at "No, I'm not here so you can rub one out."
"Do I care about the length of your sword?" at 1:06

That made me think of something else.
*dies laughing*

thecrankybearsam
07-04-2012, 07:15 PM
technoemail is a girl!!! been seeing him or he in every thread. just thought id let you all know

She let us all know in forest haven when i met her :-)

thecrankybearsam
07-04-2012, 07:16 PM
The tables have turned?

sounds like your'e referring to technoemail transfering from a boy to a girl LOL

Jugernugetx
07-04-2012, 07:34 PM
thats just whirlzap ya know. (yea... Just kidding, as usual lol:))
;)

vampinoy
07-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Already knew she was a woman shortly after Humania was released, even got her name...I didn't think it was news really...I just thought the dev was doing a good job addressing all these bugs and glitches etc.

Arsenal
07-04-2012, 08:28 PM
I mean, if I were to ever want a cyber-girl-boyfriend, I could ask him.

Well, then I've gotta say. That's a little disappointing as he is a well-known former. Even if he is kidding, that's just--.

As for other posts, saddeningly, I have seen several posts criticising Techno Email. For instance, a post in criticism of passing out fiery antennae. Techno Email is always EXTREMELY nice in response to all of these things. She's always communicating with us, telling us about new content, etc. I mean, look at how she's communicated with us after Humania as well as consistently improving and working on new content for us. Well, I've gotta say, WELL done job. I just can't believe that people could criticise someone who is constantly working to improve the game, and is a genuinely nice person, as well as someone who successfully communicates with the players.

What I'm afraid of is that this thread will turn to something somewhat sexist, and some posts are. I hope that I am not personally worsening anything here. I think Sam saw the same thing coming, and he did what he could to prevent worsening. Well done, Sam.

this thread was simply to inform people calling technoemail a he or him (simply because they didnt know) that it is infact a woman.

DawnInfinity
07-04-2012, 09:23 PM
"Pocket Legends: The MMO girls actually play"

Phoenixking
07-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Lol @ this great hazzle.

We have men running beauty salons and still everyone is like ZOMG as a lead game designer is a woman.
I always thought people where surprised because they kept calling her a him, and she never said anything about that. They feel like a weird bad feeling or something

Patricks
07-05-2012, 06:23 AM
This thread is very funny to me.

It's very "omg boobs!"

When I used to work for EA there were women that worked as programmers, as game testers, etc etc so it's not surprising at all that techno is a woman. I will admit men out number women very significantly tho in tech industry, especially if you don't count HR and legal dept lol. Thats why silicon valley is a sausagefest. But I had never preassigned a gender for techno

wvhills
07-05-2012, 07:25 AM
"You play ball like a girl!"
- The Sandlot

Xionskull
07-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Lol on thread? Kinda a lolish thread if there was a lol button on every post I'd spam it.

Techno Email
07-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Lol on thread? Kinda a lolish thread if there was a lol button on every post I'd spam it.
+ 1! :D Indeed, I am female :tickled_pink:. Do not fret, I'm used to many of the reactions on this thread. :topsy_turvy: Let it also be known that baking :cupcake: and the excessive use of emoticons :banana: have no known gender-altering side effects. :semi-twins: Please continue to use emoticons and submit entries to our occasional baking contests, as normal. Thank you! :highly_amused:

Zeus
07-05-2012, 12:54 PM
+ 1! :D Indeed, I am female :tickled_pink:. Do not fret, I'm used to many of the reactions on this thread. :topsy_turvy: Let it also be known that baking :cupcake: and the excessive use of emoticons :banana: have no known gender-altering side effects. :semi-twins: Please continue to use emoticons and submit entries to our occasional baking contests, as normal. Thank you! :highly_amused:

Thank you for taking my joke as a joke. :)

Snakespeare
07-05-2012, 12:55 PM
LOL! I came so late to this thread. I knew it from, like, the intro post...

When Techno introduced herself, she mentioned that she is a part-time yoga instructor. Well, my yoga DVD that I start each day with is "instructed" by a lady, so I was clued in quickly. I do know one guy who teaches yoga, but he is very serious and not likely to program computer games.

Also, Cinco made reference in chat to a woman developer who was primarily responsible for Humania content but he stole her for DL and promised us she was going back to PL as soon as DL was release. Then JustG announced Techno new role.

Humania was designed, built, play-tested... and then the designer responsible for it got pulled over to Dark Legends to do campaigns, achievements, vanity outfits, story stuff, etc. She'll be back on Humania very (very) soon!

And the green vegan cupcakes in the breakroom, that's going a bit further back, but in her intro she mentioned liking vegan cooking. Since I'm a vegetarian, I noticed both of the rare occurrence of the word "vegan" on this site, so of course I knew she was the cook. Then Sam confirmed it by saying "she".

btw, I'm a male vegetarian who does yoga (because I want to live to 100), so I hope nobody calls me sexist for my assumptions. ;)

Jugernugetx
07-05-2012, 02:49 PM
^ yea....... . ... ...