PDA

View Full Version : It's just rude...

kavanah
08-24-2010, 10:36 AM
I find it very cool when you have a nice looking item and you are sitting in town with it and people are paying you compliments like this:

"Hey dood nice gear!"

"Bro you look tight!"

"You are the l337 with that stuff on!"

However, I find it very rude when people try to buy my gear off me like this...

"How much for your weapon?"

"Give you 250k for your zuraz lance"

It simply annoys me because first off, I'm not advertising selling my items, therefore I am not selling it... secondly don't send me a personal message with the attitude that "everyone has their price" especially when you are sooo far off on your offer. I have farmed all of my gear, and everytime a new item comes out with pride I farm for it. (I was admittedly getting tired of farming the lance and finally gave in to buy one when one happened to land right in my lap just before I bought one!)

If you decide to send me a pm with an offer on something I'm obviously using and not selling, I will tell you a rediculuosly high price... don't try to edgumacate me on the economics of this game please, it just so happens to insult my intelligence.

/rant off

Edit: if you agree with me fell free to post a reply with /agreed

PvpLegend
08-24-2010, 10:42 AM
/agreed.
u can't imagine how much that happened when i got my war hammer of legend and my royal staff :P

Duke
08-24-2010, 11:00 AM
At least it's not the ultra-rude "can you give me your weapon?"

FluffNStuff
08-24-2010, 11:20 AM
At least it's not the ultra-rude "can you give me your weapon?"

Was leveling my twink with my Lvl 19 Axe of Legend, and got bombarded in any game. (These are actual games, not even town)

Dude, give me that Axe!
I need your Axe!! I'll give you a higher level weapon for it!
Why Can't I have your Axe!
I'll pay 500 for you Axe!

It got really bad.

Snakespeare
08-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Kav, I know you will appreciate this, which I wouldn't say to just anyone. I am thinking, Galatians, chapter 6, maybe 1-10? FWIW... not that I really live up to it all, but it is an ideal the two of us can agree on. If you choose to rush and farm, you can't be surprised when people are jealous of your fine gear. It comes with the territory.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Definitely by far /AGREED.

When someone offers me something for my stuff I get REALLY piseed. because first of all, their offer is SUPER LOW. And second, I tell them: "You stupid low offering noob gtfo!"

But if I'm tired and I don't feel like talking like that, I just say "Not for sale"

Aspergillus
08-24-2010, 02:43 PM
/agreed

For some reason lots of people are assuming everyone wants to trade.
I was walking around in some of my less functional but cool looking gear and a guy tried to initiate a trade. When I ignored it, he messaged me "what u got." I said I wasn't interested in trading and he said "wtf i need gear," then proceeded to follow me around until I left, all the while messaging me and repeatedly trying to initiate a trade.

Arg.

KingFu
08-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Was leveling my twink with my Lvl 19 Axe of Legend, and got bombarded in any game. (These are actual games, not even town)

Dude, give me that Axe!

It got really bad.

Haha, some guy asked to buy it, I just asked for fun, I wasn't thinking I'd sell it. First offer was 20K and I refused, he kept going higher and higher and before I knew it, he got to a 115K offer (the highest he'd go) so I sold it for that much.

Once I got my shock lance, I got flooded with questions, the only thing worse was my war hammer of legend! My voodoo doll is a pain to wear as well. I also get offers for my zombie shield at times, all my swamp gear gets offers a lot. It is kind of annoying, the only things worse are when people spam me asking, or when a noob asks to trade, messages me "trade" and then he spams me until I ignore him.

Personally, whenever someone opens a trade when I advertise an item for sale, and they request the trade, I will enter, their first reply, "show" or "show me". Whenever that happens I exit the trade.

DawnInfinity
08-24-2010, 03:13 PM
/agreed...

Kurlz
08-24-2010, 03:57 PM
/AGREED /AGREED /AGREED

1337? huh?
ive had sooo many noobs try getting me to GIVE them my Heros Frosty Axe...sometimes ill add them and imm ediately go to AO1, invite them, lead them to seth, and leave...then immediately cleanse my friends list of all greedy, self-rightious noobs...lol

Dharken
08-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Must be 100 times worse for you lvl 45s, im only 30 and some guy kept trying to trade with me in town. He was about lvl9. Eventually i enter trade out of curiosity and he says "u got archer gear". Sigh.

Unless they are seeing on the Forest Haven entry screen "traders town" and all the trade chat going on and they assume everybody is there to trade....

This is why i prefer nice little Ursan Weald! :-)

Azrael
08-24-2010, 08:35 PM
i find most of the behavior in town to be rude, and can't wait for an auction house.

What annoys me the most though is getting friend invites the moment i log in from random players.

TwinkTastical
08-24-2010, 08:48 PM

Dude, give me that Axe!

It got really bad.

Try it with 14 pink leather... or dreamer darkbolt ;) Tbh id give away axe :o i have like 15 of em