PDA

View Full Version : Making a merch.

FluffxxBear
07-04-2012, 02:50 AM
Whats the best class to merch with and do you have any tips.

Bunnyshoota
07-04-2012, 03:12 AM
There is really no best class to merch with. :P

Its not as if you'll get more money as a mage, etc.

For tips, I would VERY much recommend getting the 45 plat deal when you first make a character. As a merch, you would require lots of invent space and cs auction slots, and for 45 plat you can get 50 inventory space and 4 slots i believe? Slots are quit expensive otherwise.

Also, make sure you look good. :)
I would recommend using legends vanity armor (if you have it) or something that looks good. Try to get a toyman wand (color doesn't matter, unless if you will also be pvping on this character) and a cool shield, maybe an ornament or vanity shield. Also use a good vanity helm.

Keep your merchant at a low level, like 10 or 12 maybe.

I would recommend making a bird, because they look boss :)

Good luck
-BS

NotYoCookiez
07-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Yeah bunny pretty much summed it up.

Except the premium character package I believe is 30 not 45 plat

Whirlzap
07-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Pick Bird.
You can earn more money by Blast Shotting the market with your Focus and dodging all those deflations with your Evade.

Bunnyshoota
07-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Pick Bird.
You can earn more money by Blast Shotting the market with your Focus and dodging all those deflations with your Evade.

Because as bears you'll just rage as you lose profit......................

plmafiaboss
07-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Yeah bunny pretty much summed it up.

Except the premium character package I believe is 30 not 45 platyea.its 30

Bunnyshoota
07-04-2012, 10:21 AM
yea.its 30

O.o really? I remember 45................

FluffxxBear
07-04-2012, 10:25 AM
I jus got it for 30

ThePvpTwink
07-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Its 30 plat if u get it at level 1. U get 10 auction slots,50 inv slots,100 red,100 blue,special gear,and 1500 gold?

FluffxxBear
07-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Its 30 plat if u get it at level 1. U get 10 auction slots,50 inv slots,100 red,100 blue,special gear,and 1500 gold?

Yes thats what I got

plmafiaboss
07-05-2012, 01:06 AM
yea.its 30

O.o really? I remember 45................if u make a fresh new character at lv 1 it costs 30. Any time after that offer its 45

Subscriber
07-05-2012, 05:43 AM
Nice man, I wish you luck.

blatta
07-05-2012, 09:00 AM
The toon class doesn't have any direct impact on selling ;)

U look is different, so u could choose a class, where u have nice items to wear.

And u can use it to control the color (usable/non-usable) of items in the inventory list. For example for a 52-Dex/Str-Bear all str/dex 51 items are bright (usable) and all others are dark colored (not-usable). In case u have a lot items on your toon, this can help to scan the list of items faster.

Register
07-05-2012, 02:52 PM
The best of that premium offer is that 10 auction slots ;)
Looking good isn't exactly necessary, but it boost your confidence stat ;P

Griffinfan
07-05-2012, 03:31 PM
ahh merching is fun. hope you are successful in it, as for tips. here are two things to make you good at merching.

1. Buy low. Sell normal

2. Know the prices for anything your buying.

now when I say "know" I mean what can you sell it for. for example: you see a level 25 dreamers onyx crown for 2k. you know they sell for 15-30k. Buy It! if theres more then one that is listed cheap Buy Them ALL!

also dont be afraid to spend money on items. if your not buying things your not making money.

Lastly, if you lose money on an item because cs prices drop dont quit merching! dust your pants off and try again. losing money on items gives you experience for the future of buying that item :).

have fun, hope this helps

markell110
07-05-2012, 10:39 PM
well im a merch and i have 10mil

vampinoy
07-05-2012, 11:06 PM
1. Any class...doesn't matter

2. Create a different "persona" of your merch, don't associate it with your main. As a merch, you will encounter many beggars, haters, you might get into a negotiation war that ends up ugly, etc. you don't want all these negativity directed to your main, so create a shock absorber persona. Sometimes, you might overprice some items whether intentionally or not, and that attracts some hate, at least it will all go to your merch alt, and not your main. Worse comes to worst, it's cheaper to replace a merchant alt than a main.

3. Don't tell anyone of your merchant, make it your secret alt. This way, you will avoid peer pressure. Most of often than not, when a friend sees your item up for sale in cs and wants to buy it, they will ask discounts from you, and expect you'll give them, it's peer pressure. Don't inform them about this merchant so you won't have to deal with that kind of pressure.

4. Never say your true earnings, always tell everyone you've been low balled etc. This way, people can sympathize with your alt, and maybe give you discounts. How can you expect to get discounts if you keep on telling everyone how rich you are.

5. Don't destroy the market, don't try to outprice everyone, you will be digging your own grave. Know your limits, sometimes, pride kicks in when merching, you sell too low just to beat the guy on top of you rather than wait for the market to correct. Also, there's what you call farmer/merchants, these people farm their own stuff, you can never beat them in terms of pricing, they can compete with you until the price is only 1 gold (of course, nobody would go that far), meanwhile, merchants can only go as low as their acquisition cost. You don't want to get into a pricing contest with these farmer/merchies, you'll lose money guaranteed. If you feel there's an on-going price war, get out of the market, and observe, knowing when to pull out is a crucial factor.

6. Don't try to be jack of all trade, focus on certain items only, this way, you can monitor properly. Are you a twink merchant or end-game? Have focus.

Many more, those are my top of mind tips aside from the usual: buy low sell high. Good luck!

Swimmingstar
07-06-2012, 04:38 PM

Yep.

Here's a tip, for a cs merch, always try not too look rich. For a shouting merch, just start wearing items you're going to sell.