PDA

View Full Version : Uhm... Seriously...?

Noodleleg
07-04-2012, 12:59 PM
-----------------------

Windwaiker
07-04-2012, 01:02 PM
No ones farming mt fang, everyone wants to hoard Humania pinks first!

Suentous PO
07-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Prices won't drop. Nowadays no one is farming fang=less in general= super high prices.
Edit mostly ninja'd

Noodleleg
07-04-2012, 01:15 PM
So you guys are saying it'll drop when the Humania flame is "extinguished?"

slaveleia
07-04-2012, 02:06 PM
I don't think the prices will drop at all...look how extremely rare the completed sets are in the game. You may see some while running maps, these are some veteran players who either got really lucky dropping the pieces or they bought them for big cash. Mainly you see Gold sets and some of those are actually platinum store bought sets which don't count. Mitas is really hard to get too at 500 platinum a pop? ouch! That is even if you get lucky enough to receive him. It seems like the gold helmet & armor drop more than any of the colors. You used to see like 3-4 of those selling in the CS around 3 million each. Ive only seen like maybe 3 or 4 ppl with the Red dragon set...maybe 1-2 with the green & only 1 of the blue set! Onebadazzbear was rolling with his Blue dragon set...nice.

I bought my gold set for like $6.8 million gold! 3.8 for the armor & 3 for the helm. I want the Red one as well. I believe one piece of the red set cost like 5-6 million or more...and the red or blue set was way more than a gold cap...like 14 million for the sets..Nowadays...you don't see anything for sale in the shop at all...I think there was one armor for a lot.

Darkfader
07-04-2012, 02:11 PM
I except prices drop a little in month when most of players are grinder to 71 and starts seriously farm for those.

Rauekat
07-04-2012, 02:22 PM
i asked tons of ppl before humania if they would go down. Answer:yes so i sold my helm. Now: angry at those wonderful friends who...umm think there so sure :P

kiitz
07-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Dragon prices won't go anywhere unless STS decides to increase the drop rates, or also allow them to drop in Humania.

The reason why they started dropping so dramatically, was really a psychological effect. Its kind of like when there is some bad news in the stock market, or something like that and major players like hedge funds start selling, which leads the price to drop, which leads to more people selling because they think its going down, and it turns into a vicious cycle. The real value of the stock OR dragon gear was actually much higher based on the intrinsic value and supply and demand, but when everyone is selling the prices will get depressed.

Now that everyone who had them has finished selling out and no one is farming them anymore, the prices have come back to their actual value. Its hard to calculate what its "Actual" value really should be, but it would be some kind of calculation based on the percentage drop rate, the number of people farming Mt. Fang still, the number of sets available, and the amount of actual bonus they provide.

I personally believe if STS never changes the drop rate, it will be like 8-9M and slowly increase in value (helms worth more than armor). Mt. Fang isn't as bad as Nuri's but its still a bit of a pain to farm since the bosses can still kill you, so we won't be seeing like a bunch of level 71s with the best gear going in to solo. Since it would still require a team (probably at least 3 people) there won't be a big turn around after Humania is all farmed out. There will still be some people who go to farm dragon's gear but I do not think there will be many because farming for new gear and crafting mats will most likely be better return for your time when you cannot do it solo.

Suentous PO
07-04-2012, 03:26 PM
At the moment ( pre crafting update ) its easier to farm a gold cap in humania than it is to farm a dragon.
I bet there's a few players sitting on enough gold to just buy one and they are all waiting to buy the first decent deal they can find.
I'm still gonna farm for it (anyone) feel free to join me on first and second floor.

Jugernugetx
07-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Those prices will drop. The prices for the dragon sets are extremely crazy lol. 99 million for this? Noohooohooooooo!! That is crazy! O.o

Suentous PO
07-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Why do you think the prices will drop Juger? I'd love for you to be right but I can't see any reason they would drop.
Pre humania many were in fang, now? Not so much. Back then we didn't know the drop rates were this low and for a min we were all willing to try. Now we know how much time it would take, folks are discouraged to try and would rather wait and stalk cs for one.

Xionskull
07-04-2012, 03:59 PM
I don't care for the sets... They look ok.. But I'd prefer to save my money and my platinum for other things like the rest of the crafted "tiki" set.

LwMark
07-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Unless we all leave humania and farm fang for a month straight i dont think prices will drop

Patricks
07-04-2012, 05:02 PM
People will start farming dragon again once humania pinks become much less lucrative and more people have reached level cap. People often compare dragon sets to 56 glyph items but its just not comparable because we can use our lvl70+ characters to blow through the Crypt which was already pretty easy with lvl65 characters, whereas the scaled stuff is difficult to obtain because of the difficulty of farming Nuris with a level 56 character.

Once I reach level 71 and humania pink prices dip, I will be in fang. Who wouldnt try to farm 5 to 9 million dollar items in maps that are both smaller and easier? There's no other place where u can make that kind of money with ONE drop. Mt fang will easily be the most lucrative farming location for those at level cap once humania has settled in and pink prices have stabilized.

OvigorothO
07-04-2012, 05:23 PM
For some reason these "seriously?" threads always catch my attention

Whirlzap
07-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Prices will never drop, as I predicted.

There is NO incentive to farm Fang now, especially since all the set pinks there have dropped considerably in price and value.
Even though there is the chance for the super rare and highly-valued Dragon vanity pink, no one will farm there unless there is a huge overall incentive.
This is JUST like Green Ice.

Patricks
07-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Prices will never drop, as I predicted.

There is NO incentive to farm Fang now, especially since all the set pinks there have dropped considerably in price and value.
Even though there is the chance for the super rare and highly-valued Dragon vanity pink, no one will farm there unless there is a huge overall incentive.
This is JUST like Green Ice.

Theres NO incentive? Its just like green ice?

Rare
07-04-2012, 07:14 PM
So you guys are saying it'll drop when the Humania flame is "extinguished?"

They will drop if people farm them are they're is a large supply. Same could be said for nuri gear. The large supply is the problem

Whirlzap
07-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Yes, because most people farm a place because it has a large variety of other valued drops.
Do you see anyone farming Green Ice right now?
No.

Energizeric
07-04-2012, 09:05 PM
I spent a whole month farming green ice, several runs per day, and never got a single green ice item. Yes, people like to farm places where even if they dont' get the "big" item, they still get something of value. That's why there are so many AO pinks. Becuase if you farm AO you get lots of gold and other lesser items you can liquidate. If you farm Nuri and don't get a good drop from the boss, you end up with nothing. And Humania is starting to look exactly like that as well.

Patricks
07-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Yes, because most people farm a place because it has a large variety of other valued drops.
Do you see anyone farming Green Ice right now?
No.

That's hardly comparable. Green ice is 350k vs dragon is 5 to 9 MILLION. Plus green ice has very limited use and low turnover in CS. Dragon gear is useable and beneficial anywhere.

小孩子
07-04-2012, 11:09 PM
I say.... Someones hoarding all the pieces ;)

Subscriber
07-04-2012, 11:39 PM
I say.... Someones hoarding all the pieces ;)

It's not Hunzzz obviously.

kiitz
07-05-2012, 01:19 AM
I saw a green helm on CS for about 9M I think and it wasn't very long and then it was gone.

小孩子
07-05-2012, 04:04 AM
It's not Hunzzz obviously.

Agreed.
He only has 16 pieces.

Subscriber
07-05-2012, 04:05 AM
Agreed.
He only has 16 pieces.

Such a noon.

小孩子
07-05-2012, 04:13 AM
Such a noon.

Ikr.

Subscriber
07-05-2012, 05:38 AM
Ikr.

Kid thinks he has 940m, what a joke, I mean c'mon.. That's not even possible.

小孩子
07-05-2012, 06:14 AM
Kid thinks he has 940m, what a joke, I mean c'mon.. That's not even possible.

kid KNOWS.

Swords
07-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Lets just say that dragon is like demonic, The epicness and the demand of it

Windwaiker
07-05-2012, 11:10 AM
I think the sets are ugly, so I don't care. Plus, rare items makes getting one supr exciting!

Energizeric
07-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Agreed.
He only has 16 pieces.

That's all?? LOL

Noodleleg
07-06-2012, 01:52 PM
It's imbalance of demand... Think about it... There are less L58 Glyph Obedience Xbows than L56 ones... So, when people stop wanting sets, they'll drop... It's not supply in this case.

So what I'm trying to say is...

Why don't we all rant and say we hate the sets... Prices will drop and we'll all buy them then! Demand is high and we make a profit! It's like how people do insider trading with the US stock market ;)!