PDA

View Full Version : Vanity reward for players with most hours?

Dudjdj
07-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Xcenturionx and i (cswatcher) were talking about players with money vs hardcore players. I know sts needs to make $ and that's why they are giving out these angel sets and leveling a character to 65. I propose that sts makes some show to players that rack up a lot of hours in pl. this would show that sts cared about hardcore players as well as the ones that spend a lot. The Founders helm shows the first to play the angel shows who spent $ to help sts, but what item shows the players who spent the most time? I'dlike to hear your thoughts:)

Ps. If there's something like this made just lock the thread

LwMark
07-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Imo people would just leave there device logged on 24/7.

But i do like the idea maybe make the hours a crazyy amount so its harda to get

Paar
07-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Meme

NotYoCookiez
07-05-2012, 01:22 PM

It could be something like an angel set and say "granted to those who been playing online for 9271922 hours before July 10th"

Lol so it can't be gained by others once its been granted

Dudjdj
07-05-2012, 01:38 PM
It could be something like an angel set and say "granted to those who been playing online for 9271922 hours before July 10th"

Lol so it can't be gained by others once its been granted
Thats an idea

Rauekat
07-05-2012, 01:52 PM
ya maybe u guys have any ideas on what u would want o recieve?

Chopper
07-05-2012, 02:08 PM
so you want to give an award to the bots playing 24/7? :tongue:

Rare
07-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Imagine being at a bar that gave out free drinks to people that just came to hang out but bought drinks.

Elyseon
07-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Award for most plat spent? Oh wait they do that!

Energizeric
07-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Not to rain on this parade, but from a business point of view, the worst player for STS is the one who plays tons of hours and never buys any PLAT. This type of player uses a ton of resources and contributes nothing financially to them. Why would they want to reward that?

Drizzid
07-05-2012, 03:25 PM
If you really played enough you could have hit the 66 cap and gotten the vanity. On another note... Why would you get something for contributing nothing?

Dudjdj
07-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Not to rain on this parade, but from a business point of view, the worst player for STS is the one who plays tons of hours and never buys any PLAT. This type of player uses a ton of resources and contributes nothing financially to them. Why would they want to reward that?
I think of it as community service in a business Point of view.

NotYoCookiez
07-05-2012, 04:35 PM
This is just an idea thread to make our minds wonder... How many times have anything like this Thread been actually implied in the game?

vampinoy
07-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Isn't the purpose of elite cap vanities to reward those who've been playing for a long time (non elixir) and people who've been spending (elixir)? That's the essence of the elite cap vanity because you need to have been playing from L56 to get the CoP, L61 the SoH, and L66 MFA, and getting to level cap requires either you time and your money to thrasher. There's also the Centurion Vanities, or did you forget about those? If you're asking that the "hours" should be counted hour-per-hour and assign rewards for specific number of hours played, then the people who spent money will demand their dollars to be counted dollar-per-dollar and do the same, I'm talking about people who spent $500, $600, $700, $800, and so on? I know there's that automatic L65 character for those who spent $500, but that's not going to cut it because by the time these guys spent $500, another L65 character is meaningless because they already have multiple L65...it's like rewarding someone with something they already have...not much of a reward. I believe people who brought in money in this game should be rewarded first and assured of satisfaction, they should be happy first as far as rewards...so far, it's non-existent, I'm one of those people who spent and as far as I'm concerned...I don't feel like I've been rewarded of anything at all if we talk about dollar-per-dollar terms and being commensurate, what rewards?...I give 500,600,700,800 and you give me angelic set that anyone who spent 50 can get? C'mon, in other situations/companies, when you're identified as someone who gives them money, they give you rebates, they give you special discounts, they give you freebies, anything that will make you feel special as a value ($$$) customer...there's nothing similar to that here...yet. Besides, the game itself is a reward for people who can't afford (no offense meant, it's a fact)...If you're someone who has time but don't have money, I'd give you Pocket Legends gift wrapped...the spenders are actually getting the short end of the stick here since we're the minority and our contributions are not only being enjoyed by us, but the entire community, in exchange for a $50 worth of set, how about a set worth $500? $600? $700? where's the reward for those?...I hope they don't make us feel bad by giving rewards to those who don't spend, and us, just left with a L65 character (laughable). See this thread has the potential to turn into something ugly, especially once those high-end spenders start realizing, "hey, how about us, where's our reward?"

Eli Holden
07-05-2012, 05:37 PM
How long you've been playing PL is NOT measured by how much platinum is spent. This sounds like a request for Veteran Rewards overall. The time spent playing PL is based off how long it's been since they first started playing. When they activate their account. I don't really see how all of this platinum spent has to do anything with determining how long a person has started playing. The Centurion gear is an example of a veteran award, but I disagree a bit on how short the times are required to acquire one. I was hoping for it to be a minimum of 1 year.
@Vampinoy
Not exactly. Elite lvl cap awards were granted for those who decided to grind thousands of experience, and not for how long the player has played. There are many players who've played PL for a long time, but never capped. It's those players that I'm addressing.

Dudjdj
07-05-2012, 05:52 PM
I could be inactive for a long period of time that doesn't mean I've played 24/7 . Also the veteran was for oldies that's doesn't mean they still play.

Eli Holden
07-05-2012, 06:02 PM
I could be inactive for a long period of time that doesn't mean I've played 24/7 . Also the veteran was for oldies that's doesn't mean they still play.
So you are saying the amount of active in game time? I'd disagree on that one. My reasons?
1. Botters don't sleep
2. I can just leave my phone on.
So that's just my opinion on this subject now.

Phoenixking
07-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Yeah that leave my device in would kill it, in Zenonia 4 there is a badge that boost every stat by 10% or so for playing 20hours no break, you can just leave your phone on

plmafiaboss
07-05-2012, 06:17 PM
How long you've been playing PL is NOT measured by how much platinum is spent. This sounds like a request for Veteran Rewards overall. The time spent playing PL is based off how long it's been since they first started playing. When they activate their account. I don't really see how all of this platinum spent has to do anything with determining how long a person has started playing. The Centurion gear is an example of a veteran award, but I disagree a bit on how short the times are required to acquire one. I was hoping for it to be a minimum of 1 year.
@Vampinoy
Not exactly. Elite lvl cap awards were granted for those who decided to grind thousands of experience, and not for how long the player has played. There are many players who've played PL for a long time, but never capped. It's those players that I'm addressing.if ur talking about the veteran shield, helm, and armor vanities theyre not for hours so this is completely different. One could just make an account and not play at all pretty much and still get the items

WoundedEagle
07-05-2012, 06:21 PM
I honestly love this idea. You guys are over-thinking things way too much.

TrailBlazerz
07-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Don't they already do this with Veteran Armor? Also, as it has been mentioned people can leave devices logged in, so if this were to happen, the game would need some Server Kick for In-activity function to prevent this. Good idea mate.

Patricks
07-05-2012, 08:24 PM
... I know there's that automatic L65 character for those who spent $500, but that's not going to cut it because by the time these guys spent $500, another L65 character is meaningless because they already have multiple L65...it's like rewarding someone with something they already have...not much of a reward...

I believe the purpose of that reward was to usher the people back in who stopped at 56 or 61 and supported the game alot financially.

Sryyoulose
07-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Or hours spent in pvp... I spent a lot of time in pvp...

BoomBox
07-06-2012, 12:58 AM

People would do this no doubt. But maybe sts could have a way to tell. Like when people mke runs etc..

LwMark
07-06-2012, 02:15 AM
Good idea on onactivity boot

dudetus
07-06-2012, 06:05 AM
It seems that after STS rewarded some players, everyone wants ther own share or more stuff.

DerSchuetze
07-06-2012, 06:22 AM
Most playtime in dungeon :)

Whirlzap
07-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Should be over 9000 hours.

Pakax
07-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Imagine being at a bar that gave out free drinks to people that just came to hang out but bought drinks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - yes, that's a massive flaw in the reasoning...

The idea of rewarding people on activity in PL is a good idea but I feel that this has already been done to some extent at least. Founder helm is one (and god knows I would like one of those...), but STS also designed the centurion gear that was given to people who had been there for some time. I guess they could extend that idea for players that have been active every month (let's say) in teh last year, year and a hlf, two years, etc. That way, you get some kind of rewards for being an active player for a significant period of time. To be honest, there is value for STS in trying to retain long serving players and this could be a way to do it. I would not differentiate between hardcore and plat players. I reckon a lot of plat players can also be considered hardcore anyway and put in loads of hours too.

Eli Holden
07-06-2012, 08:44 AM
@Vampinoy
Not exactly. Elite lvl cap awards were granted for those who decided to grind thousands of experience, and not for how long the player has played. There are many players who've played PL for a long time, but never capped. It's those players that I'm addressing.if ur talking about the veteran shield, helm, and armor vanities theyre not for hours so this is completely different. One could just make an account and not play at all pretty much and still get the items
If you look at my post below the one you are quoting, you'll see me talking about the Hours Online awards (I might as well name it no?)

RedRyder
07-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Just an FYI, there kinda already is an inactivity boot. If experienced this plenty when I'd fall asleep playing pl.

Cahaun
07-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Just an FYI, there kinda already is an inactivity boot. If experienced this plenty when I'd fall asleep playing pl.
Weird. I fell asleep in SL and woke up to a major overheating issue and 24+ friend requests.

RedRyder
07-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Maybe they fixed it. I haven't fallen asleep playing since the first Halloween event.

HunterSLAYER
07-06-2012, 09:44 AM
There is no inactivity boot on mobile versions of PL,SL and El.
I've had guild members raging at me when I wake up(with phone and tab on Ac) because of unanswered pms O_O

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Elyseon
07-06-2012, 09:45 AM
The reward for spending more time:
1. More kills (pvp or pve)
2. More money generally from farming longer
3. Higher level and/or more characters
4. Most likely more friends
5. Unless ur unlucky like me more dropped gear

The fact of the matter is the longer your on the more advantages you have

Vuvuzaylor
07-06-2012, 06:42 PM
hmm i think its hard to get an overview of a really long playtime...I played over two years now, so i have about 1000 playing hours, but is that much compared to my account age? :)

Prestige
07-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Do you love your smart device? If yes then this is an awful idea. Players will be destroying the battery just for some vanity item. If its a low amount maybe but so many people have played several hours.

Whirlzap
07-11-2012, 07:27 PM
The reward for spending more time:
1. More kills (pvp or pve) obtainable with elix
2. More money generally from farming longerobtainable with elix
3. Higher level and/or more charactersobtainable with elix
4. Most likely more friends
5. Unless ur unlucky like me more dropped gear obtainable with elix

The fact of the matter is the longer your on the more advantages you have

Time=Money.

All these except friends can be substituted with Elixirs in a short amount of time.

Actually, if you're on 4x Combo all of the time, you might pick up some friends too.

Elyseon
07-11-2012, 09:14 PM
You're right I use elixirs for all of these things, I also put in around 7 hours a day

If I can do something easier why wouldn't I

some one who uses elixirs for more than 7 hrs a day should be farther ahead than me right?
Someone who puts in 10 hrs a day with no elix should be farther ahead than no elix and only 7 hrs

Overall more play time will result in more benefits than less play time

Even elixed to unelixed, if someone doesn't play as much so they always run elixed through humania they will have achieved 71 in less time than their unelixed counterpart, the unelixed on the other hand will have done more runs, therefore getting more kills and possibly more drops than the thrasher,
Also I'm pretty sure elixirs don't help ur pvp kills

You were comparing two people that spent lots of time, simply with the variable of the elixir as opposed to comparing time vs elix

DerSchuetze
07-13-2012, 12:49 PM
We need founder armor to helm :D

Livemau
07-13-2012, 05:05 PM
its not a bad idea but i can see the cheaters
but think we can already cheat at other leaderboards kills captures for pvp and time spend is an easy one to cheat at

Schnitzel
07-19-2012, 02:55 AM
A little alarm clock pet for people who spent atleast (certain #of hours) and a BIG alarm clock that sings for people who played insane amounts of time in pl
I wanna hear what u guys think of an alarm clock pet
^_^

Warlord0520
03-16-2014, 06:41 PM
Xcenturionx and i (cswatcher) were talking about players with money vs hardcore players. I know sts needs to make $ and that's why they are giving out these angel sets and leveling a character to 65. I propose that sts makes some show to players that rack up a lot of hours in pl. this would show that sts cared about hardcore players as well as the ones that spend a lot. The Founders helm shows the first to play the angel shows who spent $ to help sts, but what item shows the players who spent the most time? I'dlike to hear your thoughts:)

Ps. If there's something like this made just lock the thread

Should be called "Data Set" Played more than 1001010001 hours. and have that labeled on the armor lol

Schnitzel
03-16-2014, 07:41 PM
um..dont necro..