PDA

View Full Version : What is with the forum secrecy nowadays?

Lawpvp
03-12-2022, 03:10 PM
I've noticed a couple major shifts in the community over the last 8 years. 1. Nobody wants to put their ign on their posts in Traders market anymore. Why? You deliberately want it to be harder for people to sell/buy things from you? Heaven forbid somebody find your ign on forums and pm you in game with exactly what you want. Oh wait, can't do that now, cuz 85% of people just ask others to post their ign without giving their own. So annoying. I post my ign on every trader's thread I make, would be nice if more people did the same.

2. no buyers want to make offers, and no sellers want to give prices. People don't bargain as much as they used to. Just ask for co/auto or ask for offer and say ty so they can fish for a new higher offer

jaeden.
03-12-2022, 03:44 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220312/73de0260dff5af2bfe2c894dabfd041c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vapourised
03-12-2022, 04:08 PM
Hi Law,

idk if u remember me but we talked one or two times on PL forums about pvp. Anyways good to see you on the more superior game. I, myself, have just moved into AL recently.

Anyways to answer your question: I think it's just a bad habit people have. Another reason is because people are worried about being ridiculed if their offer or price seems ridiculous to the other person. It's not uncommon for such ridicule to happen. I've seen it many a time.

I do agree with you though. Would make life easier if everyone had an idea of what they wanted for their goods / what they want to pay. Many people just play dumb instead. e.g. 'Idk prices'. Then why buy an item if you don't know?

With regards to ur first point, I'm a little confused. Don't people leave their IGNs in their forum signatures?

P.S: People might be secretive but the forums here are sure active as hell.

Repent
03-12-2022, 07:15 PM
I think it may also be that when forum drama happens a lot of people want to be able to keep their igns hidden so people won't bring drama to game as well.

It may just be a reputation thing. - Atoned

chiiwawa
03-12-2022, 08:26 PM
My ign is my forum name. I have nothing to hide.

Encryptions
03-12-2022, 08:35 PM
I think it may also be that when forum drama happens a lot of people want to be able to keep their igns hidden so people won't bring drama to game as well.

It may just be a reputation thing. - AtonedIdk, most people from the forum will tt me here but won't have the balls to pm me or say anything to me in global chat on the game. They just leave the map or fake afk or use an alt acc.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

AucResearcher
03-12-2022, 09:39 PM
I've noticed a couple major shifts in the community over the last 8 years. 1. Nobody wants to put their ign on their posts in Traders market anymore. Why? You deliberately want it to be harder for people to sell/buy things from you? Heaven forbid somebody find your ign on forums and pm you in game with exactly what you want. Oh wait, can't do that now, cuz 85% of people just ask others to post their ign without giving their own. So annoying. I post my ign on every trader's thread I make, would be nice if more people did the same.

2. no buyers want to make offers, and no sellers want to give prices. People don't bargain as much as they used to. Just ask for co/auto or ask for offer and say ty so they can fish for a new higher offer
Regarding giving prices.....some ppl do put their prices for their items....but everytime they did there must be a human that says “The Price Is So High” “Stop Manipulating” “Its Never That High” and many more.....i think this is one of the reasons why ppl prefer to not put their prices/auto unless after they got some offer for it....or maybe they simply didnt know how much it is worth so they didnt wanna put auto at first

Just my opinion

Neutrone
03-13-2022, 01:12 AM

This has been frustrating to deal with.

I got tired of dealing with people like this so nowadays I just look for the highest priced version of item in auc then send an offer through the mail in case the item doesn't sell.

Lawpvp
03-13-2022, 02:19 AM
This is kinda my perspective. If somebody is selling something, but doesn't have an auto price and they are just collecting offers...then they aren't really selling the item so why should i make an offer? Just so they can tell somebody else about my offer and use that to get an even bigger offer? I'll straight up overpay for shet and not even worry, but I'm not going to make an overpriced offer if you are just gonna say ty and walk away to look for other offers.

Redjellydonut
03-13-2022, 04:04 AM
I always put my ign in my posts and give autos.
So much more simple and straight forward!

Iv noticed alot of players want to be secret so nobody knows they bought the item. Childish imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ilove_Poopoo
03-13-2022, 05:44 AM
This is kinda my perspective. If somebody is selling something, but doesn't have an auto price and they are just collecting offers...then they aren't really selling the item so why should i make an offer? Just so they can tell somebody else about my offer and use that to get an even bigger offer? I'll straight up overpay for shet and not even worry, but I'm not going to make an overpriced offer if you are just gonna say ty and walk away to look for other offers.Isn't it how auction houses operate, to gather bids?

But anyways it varies to how sellers want to sell their stuff.

Countless times where I've encountered people setting up an auto only to have finessed themselves for setting the bar too low for their stuff, at the same time people getting angry "could have payed more if u waited" narratives.

Collecting offers could spark a bidding war between interested parties in order to maximize sales, making it the safest option to avoid drama or for selling for too low.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

pentaboom
03-13-2022, 07:39 AM
so AL friends cannot low ball you
so AL friends wont know that your selling it at a higher price coz you low ball them :)