PDA

View Full Version : Few skill questions

Rockxout
07-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Hello there. Question for pro players please. Been looking through forums and can't seem to find a definitive answer I need about magic shield. It's about the ranks really. Will a lvl 1 shield absorb as much damage as say a lvl 6 shield minus the armor? Like if it wasn't for the armor increase what would be the reason to rank it past 1? Mine is currently at 7 was just curious trying to learn my faviorite class ins and outs.

FluffNStuff
07-05-2012, 03:31 PM
No matter the level, Mana shield will absorb exactly as much damage as you have mana. I have it at level 1, as well as most mage's that I know. The only reason to raise it would be is if you have left over skill points.

Rockxout
07-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Awesome Thx I wanted to know for sure cause I also wanted to put just one point in it myself. That little bit of extra armor just doesn't seem worth the 6 points. Thx again.

Traebeles99
09-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Ya he/she is right i have it at 1 to 7 doesnt seem like i need it their im pretty sure all it does is give you lots of armor u dont need cus mages nukeeee lol.

Brave Sir Robin
09-04-2012, 10:09 AM
As you mentioned, mana shield works as follows:

1. It gives you an armor buff. This increases with level, +6 for 1 skill point and when maxed (7) it's +20.
2. If [enemy damage] > points are taken from mana pool

So you can say that it actually does absorb more damage if you give it more skill points. You could think that this +14 (armor_buff(7 points) - armor_buff(1 points)) is insignificant if attacked by only one enemy. However, if attacked by a group of, say, 8 enemies, this difference becomes 8 x 14 = 112 damage / [B]sec.

Bottom line, for 1v1 PvP Mana shield should probably be given just 1 skill points. For PVE, it depends on your style, if you nuke, then better give it just 1. If you support, you might consider giving it some more, which can get handy if the bear falls bravely after an 'ambitious' pull ;) or if you run with a weak party. Or if you like pulling groups of enemies yourself.

Chickenrunnn
09-04-2012, 11:35 AM
If I remember well, I think that increasing Magic Shields points makes you have more armor :o

It's like a lil' bonus buff ^^..

Cya :)