PDA

View Full Version : 1.7.7 Content Update (93627)

Futumsh
07-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Now, only O.C.D. helm will grant O.C.D. title.
CTF and DM stat's are now visible on the leaderboard!
Increased rarity of legendary items in paid Humania dungeon.
Emote Packs and Balloons are no longer on sale.
Players can now get the Bat Set Crazy achievement!

ThePvpTwink
07-05-2012, 04:31 PM

Thegreenduck
07-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Hmm didnt even notes te o.c.d title could be glitched :o

Dynastu
Ctf on lb yay.

WoundedEagle

YAY!!

FluffNStuff
07-05-2012, 04:33 PM

That kinda defeats the point of paying for it, doesn't it?

JaytB
07-05-2012, 04:33 PM
And there I thought we'd get crafting. Good thing, because it's getting late where I live :)

Dynastu
07-05-2012, 04:34 PM
YAY!!

Ha I ninja'd weagle! I get +1 swag plawx

Suntv
07-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks!

Now for the moving of the iPad joystick to the middle left... But of course you won't, because most sheeple simply gave up on asking the old UI back or more fixes to the current failing UI. My left hand starts to hurt :/

Thegreenduck
07-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Rofl jay

Futumsh
07-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Thanks!

Now for the moving of the iPad joystick to the middle left... But of course you won't, because most sheeple simply gave up on asking the old UI back or more fixes to the current failing UI. My left hand starts to hurt :/

This option is in the next app submission.

Darkfader
07-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Big yay for ctf leaderboards and good bye monster bash.

FluffNStuff
07-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Found a bug. Monster Bash is still saying it cost 3 plat even though the drop rate there is lowered. Will this be fixed in the next patch or will it require a client update?

FluffNStuff
07-05-2012, 04:58 PM
That kinda defeats the point of paying for it, doesn't it?

I agree with FluffNStuff that giving the bosses in the paid area a lower drop rate is a bait and switch. It has taken me a while to get on board with this whole pay per run thing, but I finally broke down and bought a bunch of plat to do Monster Bash runs because for a COST I could kill the SAME bosses at a faster rate then running the normal boards (which actually used to be free). But now I would be paying for a lower chance at getting a pink then if I just played the game for free? This makes absolutely no sense, and I have to be missing something.

Whirlzap
07-05-2012, 04:58 PM

Does this mean that the drop rate for pinks is LESS in the paid Humania dungeon?

Techno Email
07-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Found a bug. Monster Bash is still saying it cost 3 plat even though the drop rate there is lowered. Will this be fixed in the next patch or will it require a client update?

I'm sorry, this is not a bug. The initial drop rate was too low and the previous drop rate balance was too high. The price is static. It did not go up since Humania release, even though the new drop rate is higher than the initial Humania release, plus it includes epic gear. I hope you and your peers enjoy the new gear and improved balance!

ImHawk
07-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Yeshhh!!!
Finallly ctf leaderboards.... lmao thought this was DL since I'm on mobile..

Techno Email
07-05-2012, 05:16 PM
I agree with FluffNStuff that giving the bosses in the paid area a lower drop rate is a bait and switch. It has taken me a while to get on board with this whole pay per run thing, but I finally broke down and bought a bunch of plat to do Monster Bash runs because for a COST I could kill the SAME bosses at a faster rate then running the normal boards (which actually used to be free). But now I would be paying for a lower chance at getting a pink then if I just played the game for free? This makes absolutely no sense, and I have to be missing something.

If you love playing and fighting all kinds of monsters (not just bosses) you may prefer to play the longer maps with a single boss at the end, for free. If you are dead set on getting the best loot as fast as possible, you may want to play the Monster Bash dungeon. The Monster Bash contains five back to back bosses, each of which have a chance to drop loot. This is absolutely your choice! :)

Techno Email
07-05-2012, 05:19 PM
If you love playing and fighting all kinds of monsters (not just bosses) you may prefer to play the longer maps with a single boss at the end, for free. If you are dead set on getting the best loot as fast as possible, you may want to play the Monster Bash dungeon. The Monster Bash contains five back to back bosses, each of which have a chance to drop loot. This is absolutely your choice! :)

I agree with Techno Email. ;D Hehehe!

octavos
07-05-2012, 05:26 PM

lol

TANKKAAR
07-05-2012, 05:28 PM
I have to say that considering i have spent 250+ plat on monster mash alone (not counting elixirs) and have all not dropped a pink I'm not happy about reduced rates..... Sigh...

Thegreenduck
07-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Rofl

elianel
07-05-2012, 05:30 PM
bye bye pink

FluffNStuff
07-05-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm sorry, this is not a bug. The initial drop rate was too low and the previous drop rate balance was too high. The price is static. It did not go up since Humania release, even though the new drop rate is higher than the initial Humania release, plus it includes epic gear. I hope you and your peers enjoy the new gear and improved balance!

Still have to side with fluff on this one. The drop rate remained the same compared to free bosses with the first balance. Have no problem with what you do to rates as long as they are universal.

FluffNStuff
07-05-2012, 05:36 PM

Are you sure you agree that farming bosses with a lower drop rate is a faster way to get a pink and something worth paying for?

brodiniozo
07-05-2012, 05:52 PM
This is awesome, I'll be rich now lol.

modredd
07-05-2012, 05:53 PM
I won 7 pinks in a row in Bash today before update plus the 3,000,000 I made yesterday.
It was nice while it lasted but I will not go back.
:-)

Phoenixking
07-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Hmm didnt even notes te o.c.d title could be glitched :o
Viking new world of helm could have done this, I found out about it and told a friend to report it since I suck at doing that

Lowlyspy
07-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Can't say i agree with the drop rate being lowered in Monster Bash. I only see it being a lose-lose-lose scenario for all parties involved: STS, plat buyers, & non-plat buyers. Plat sales are bound to take a hit with less plat buyers being interested in running Monster Bash due to it's lower drop rates than the free dungeons, plat players that still use Monster Bash won't get pinks nearly as often (which has a good chance of them losing interest resulting in the previous statement), and the lack of plat buyers running Monster Bash will cause a jump in Humania gear prices which will hurt average non-plat players who don't have millions of gold at their disposal to buy everything they could ever want.

Imo it's just a bad business decision that benefits no one.

Ixillicus
07-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Can't say i agree with the drop rate being lowered in Monster Bash. I only see it being a lose-lose-lose scenario for all parties involved: STS, plat buyers, & non-plat buyers. Plat sales are bound to take a hit with less plat buyers being interested in running Monster Bash due to it's lower drop rates than the free dungeons, plat players that still use Monster Bash won't get pinks nearly as often (which has a good chance of them losing interest resulting in the previous statement), and the lack of plat buyers running Monster Bash will cause a jump in Humania gear prices which will hurt average non-plat players who don't have millions of gold at their disposal to buy everything they could ever want.

The cry babies who whined until it changed are benefited. Since they couldn't enjoy it why should anyone else?

Fncrazy
07-05-2012, 06:47 PM

I agree...why spend money on this when the chances are less then free dungeon's. To make matters worse my luck already sucks :( .

Fncrazy
07-05-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm not sure what the drop rate is, but this a example of my drop rate. I played fang for roughly 70hrs to win a pilgrim hat...which is basically worthless. Then my first pink in humania was a monster scimitar....worthless.

FluffNStuff
07-05-2012, 06:59 PM
I must say part of me likes this, because it shows a change in STS's preference for paying customers and a willingness to make changes that favor free users over plat buyers. Can't say it makes sense business wise, but it is nice to see none the less.

razerfingers
07-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Since you nerfed monster bash. In next SL update... How about you nerf everything in the begining cause obvioulsy they're dropping wayyy too much man i cant even make 1k on a purple /end sarcasm. I mean seriously? If you gonna do this here do it to all games thanks :) i still disagree on this lower drop rate means i cant afford a set this cap once again...

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

Ixillicus
07-05-2012, 07:03 PM
I must say part of me likes this, because it shows a change in STS's preference for paying customers and a willingness to make changes that favor free users over plat buyers. Can't say it makes sense business wise, but it is nice to see none the less.

You sure? It could be that the rate will still be better in bash but those willing to pay will just have to pay/play more to get the equivalent amount of pinks. The only thing we can hope is that there is a significant decline in purchases of the bash runs following this change.

Late
07-05-2012, 07:20 PM
So if u increase the rarity that means the drop rates r lower

Darkfader
07-05-2012, 07:25 PM
So if u increase the rarity that means the drop rates r lower

:o
No, increase rarity = making legendary drops more rare = drop rates are higher.

ThePvpTwink
07-05-2012, 07:26 PM
If the drop rates are lower,wouldnt less people go to pay for monster bash? Pinks would get more expensive and people spend less plat. o.O

WarTornBird
07-05-2012, 07:43 PM
If the drop rates are lower,wouldnt less people go to pay for monster bash? Pinks would get more expensive and people spend less plat. o.O

You sir deserve a cookie, where have you been the past 40 comments :p

Techno Email
07-05-2012, 07:50 PM
After today's rarity increase, the drop rates in Humania are balanced with the rest of the game and remain significantly higher than the initial Humania release. We greatly appreciate your support and feedback. In so doing, we take great care to do what is best for the long-term health of Pocket Legends and happiness of our loyal customers.

We recognize and appreciate your many, varied preferences and play styles. For those who want a guaranteed reroll for better loot, we offer the Shamus' Shamrock Ale. For those who want to play for free, may I recommend playing the free Humania dungeons and using the free elixir, available from Vinnie the Vendor. For those who want to multiply their chance at rare boss loot, may I recommend The Monster Bash dungeon. Good luck to all of you, and I'll see you in game!!

Late
07-05-2012, 07:51 PM
:o
No, increase rarity = making legendary drops more rare = drop rates are higher.
Kind of confusing lol

ThePvpTwink
07-05-2012, 08:07 PM
You sir deserve a cookie, where have you been the past 40 comments :p

Read post #2 lol.

thedream
07-05-2012, 08:26 PM
I know I've mentioned this before but I still think the avatar screens look bad. Could we have option do view them the way they use to look?

Sryyoulose
07-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Tacos

FluffNStuff
07-05-2012, 09:15 PM
After today's rarity increase, the drop rates in Humania are balanced with the rest of the game and remain significantly higher than the initial Humania release. We greatly appreciate your support and feedback. In so doing, we take great care to do what is best for the long-term health of Pocket Legends and happiness of our loyal customers.

We recognize and appreciate your many, varied preferences and play styles. For those who want a guaranteed reroll for better loot, we offer the Shamus' Shamrock Ale. For those who want to play for free, may I recommend playing the free Humania dungeons and using the free elixir, available from Vinnie the Vendor. For those who want to multiply their chance at rare boss loot, may I recommend The Monster Bash dungeon. Good luck to all of you, and I'll see you in game!!

The post specifically says PAID dungeons. If the increase in rarity is across the board that is fine but this is saying the drop rate is now lower for individual bosses in monster bash then in the free maps. Does the post not correctly reflect what the update did?

Suntv
07-06-2012, 01:55 AM
This option is in the next app submission.

That would be the best thing ever since the new UI :)

:rugby:

Floating
07-06-2012, 02:46 AM
Isn't there always a period where drops are very very easy to get and then they get hard? Thats why prices of items go down and up again after a while, as I have seen...

Lightningspeed
07-06-2012, 09:39 AM
The post specifically says PAID dungeons. If the increase in rarity is across the board that is fine but this is saying the drop rate is now lower for individual bosses in monster bash then in the free maps. Does the post not correctly reflect what the update did?

I'm quite confused on what the recent patch notes state as well. It depends on what the increased rarity of Monster Bash is relative to.

For instance (just blindly putting numbers here), if the drop rate in non-Bash was 0.5% and drop rate in Bash was 2% per boss before patch, it could mean that they nerfed the drop rate in Bash to 1%, which is still higher than that in non-Bash dungeons. I'm guessing this is what happened, but a dev should confirm this.

FluffNStuff
07-06-2012, 09:51 AM
I'm quite confused on what the recent patch notes state as well. It depends on what the increased rarity of Monster Bash is relative to.

For instance (just blindly putting numbers here), if the drop rate in non-Bash was 0.5% and drop rate in Bash was 2% per boss before patch, it could mean that they nerfed the drop rate in Bash to 1%, which is still higher than that in non-Bash dungeons. I'm guessing this is what happened, but a dev should confirm this.

Before the batch (blind numbers) for individual bosses, in non-Bash it was 0.5% and in Bash it was 0.5% The difference is that players PAY money to fight 5 bosses in one level. What this is saying is that after the patch (blind numbers again) it is non-Bash 0.5% and Bash it is 0.25% . In truth, the numbers a LOT lower then that, and any change to them makes a HUGE difference in the number of runs needed to get a pink (WAY more then the extra FIVE you get by paying).

Techno Email
07-06-2012, 10:39 AM

My post is completely accurate. I don't provide precise numbers because it ruins any sense of discovery. To give you guys a hint, your guesses of about previous drop rates are off by a lot. I will reiterate - pink/purple drops relative to playtime is significantly higher in The Monster Bash dungeon because it multiplies your chances for rare loot drops.

Pocket Legends is a really special game. We don't try to entertain you with turnip seeds - we give you a world where you can have fun with your friends in a 3D world, fighting monsters and making a really awesome avatar that you can be proud of. As players, we take a lot of pride in our avatars and I'm not going to take that away from you by dropping the most valuable items like water. My hope is for you guys to get in there and play with the new drop rates, play A LOT! Have fun with your friends, invest in your character (through paid or unpaid means) and earn yourselves valuable items. :)

I leave you with a wise passage that I think is appropriate to this topic, an adaptation from Dr. Seuss, Green Eggs and Ham... ;)
Say!
I love the drop ratio!
I do! I like it, Spacetime Studios.
And I would play it in a boat.
And I would play it with a goat.
And I would play it in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train!
And in a car. And in a tree.
It is so good SO GOOD, you see!

So, I will play it in a box.
And I will play it with a fox.
And I will play it in a house.
And I will play it with a mouse.
And I will play it here or there.
Say! I'll play PL ANYWHERE!
I do so like the drop ratio.
Thank you, thank you Spacetime Studios!

FluffNStuff
07-06-2012, 10:51 AM
My post is completely accurate. I don't provide precise numbers because it ruins any sense of discovery for people playing the game. I know the numbers. The drop rates are extremely generous. My wish is for you guys to get out there and play, and see for yourselves. :)

I have no doubt your post is accurate, it is just that it conflicted with the patch notes. The patch notes say the rarity was adjusted in the paid dungeons, but your post has clarified that "the drop rates in Humania are balanced with the rest of the game", not just in the paid dungeon. Thank you for resolving that for us.

LwMark
07-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Fotgot to add u guys put those antennas ingame! Sparkle blue ones! :p we want :)

trunzoc
07-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Here's my opinion on how Monster Bash should work...

It should be free to enter, but as soon as you get a pink drop, STS should immediately get the average price in gold that the item you received has sold for in CS for the past 48 hours. Once this price in gold is calculated, STS should charge the recipient of the item the price in plat that the gold would have costs if purchased from the Plat store, maybe x.5.

So lets say you get a pink drop that sells in CS for an average of 500k, 500k*.5 = 250k. 250k gold costs 700plat. 700p is immediately removed from you account, or the cost of the plat is automatically charged to your CC on record.

Since Monster Bash was essentially a legal way to get extreme amounts of gold using platinum, I think they should make it more in line with just buying gold outright.

Or, y'know, you can just be happy that you have a way to buy extreme amounts of gold for 3p.

Snakespeare
07-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Let me see if I understand... The pay-to-play map (Monster Bash?) has higher drop rates for pinks than the rest of Humania. At first it had the same drop rates as Humania. Then it was increased to encourage people to use it. But they put it too high (in Techno's judgement), so the pay-to-play drop rate has been lowered, but it is still higher than it was at original release.

Well, I don't waste my money in that place. I tried it once when it first came out at level 10. Why pay for an elixir, then a map, then have to wait while the elixir's timer runs hoping someone else will join. Then you start it solo and get killed a lot. In the end, the drops aren't any different. I think Monster Bashes are lame. If people don't play them, they will go just away. Why not acquire some space by deleting them all? Then you won't have to reuse maps.

But I disagree with Fluff. They just told us that they lowered the rate back down BEFORE you spent another 3 plat, so no, it's not "bait-and-switch".

NotYoCookiez
07-06-2012, 12:13 PM
My post is completely accurate. I don't provide precise numbers because it ruins any sense of discovery. To give you guys a hint, your guesses of about previous drop rates are off by a lot. I will reiterate - pink/purple drops relative to playtime is significantly higher in The Monster Bash dungeon because it multiplies your chances for rare loot drops.

Pocket Legends is a really special game. We don't try to entertain you with turnip seeds - we give you a world where you can have fun with your friends in a 3D world, fighting monsters and making a really awesome avatar that you can be proud of. As players, we take a lot of pride in our avatars and I'm not going to take that away from you by dropping the most valuable items like water. My hope is for you guys to get in there and play with the new drop rates, play A LOT! Have fun with your friends, invest in your character (through paid or unpaid means) and earn yourselves valuable items. :)

I leave you with a wise passage that I think is appropriate to this topic, an adaptation from Dr. Seuss, Green Eggs and Ham... ;)
Say!
I love the drop ratio!
I do! I like it, Spacetime Studios.
And I would play it in a boat.
And I would play it with a goat.
And I would play it in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train!
And in a car. And in a tree.
It is so good SO GOOD, you see!

So, I will play it in a box.
And I will play it with a fox.
And I will play it in a house.
And I will play it with a mouse.
And I will play it here or there.
Say! I'll play PL ANYWHERE!
I do so like the drop ratio.
Thank you, thank you Spacetime Studios!

Why are you such a cool dev?! :D ^_^

Energizeric
07-06-2012, 12:26 PM
I know I've mentioned this before but I still think the avatar screens look bad. Could we have option do view them the way they use to look?

Funny that you think this. I love the new "3D" and larger look of our characters. What I don't like is that when I view my own Inspect Page, I see my character much smaller and not 3D like they used to be. I'd prefer if they updated it so I could see my own Inspect Page with the larger 3D look. The only time I get to see my character in the new 3D view is on the page that comes up when you first login.

Anyone else notice this bug?

Urqui
07-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Think theyre saying drop rates are equal on both maps. But you can get a pink sooner or faster in bash because theyre is less mobs and 5 bosses

Energizeric
07-06-2012, 12:39 PM

I think what happened is that when the Humania update came, pink drop rates were very low in both the regular maps and in the Monster Bash. A few days later they increased the drop rates, but they increased the rate more in Monster Bash than in the free maps. So now after many complaints, they have lowered the Monster Bash drop rates to the same level as the free maps, but they still both have higher drop rates than they did in the initial release.

So if you want a hypothetical example, when the Humania update came, perhaps the pink drop rates for each boss was around 0.2%. This was the same whether you were in a regular map or in Monster Bash. Then when the first update came, perhaps they raised the drop rate in the regular maps to 0.3%, but in Monster Bash the rate was increased to 0.5%. So now, perhaps they have lowered the Monster Bash drop rate to 0.3% which is the same as the regular maps.

However, there is still a big advantage of playing Monster Bash over the regular maps. The advantage is that you get to fight 5 bosses in less time than it would take you to fight one boss on a regular map. If the drop rate is 0.3% for each boss, then a run through Monster Bash would give you a 1.5% chance of a pink drop (5 x 0.3%) while a regular map (which takes more time to complete than monster bash) would only give you a 0.3% of a pink drop.

wvhills
07-06-2012, 12:44 PM

Is this why humania maps are so long? To encourage people to spend plat for the monster mash?

Chopper
07-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Is this why humania maps are so long? To encourage people to spend plat for the monster mash?

To burn up elixir time i think and to make them "feel" more expansive since Fang was cramped corridors and they want to contrast that feeling.

~A~
07-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Why are you such a cool dev?! :D ^_^Just cuz she is.

Dynastu
07-07-2012, 04:15 PM

It should be free to enter, but as soon as you get a pink drop, STS should immediately get the average price in gold that the item you received has sold for in CS for the past 48 hours. Once this price in gold is calculated, STS should charge the recipient of the item the price in plat that the gold would have costs if purchased from the Plat store, maybe x.5.

So lets say you get a pink drop that sells in CS for an average of 500k, 500k*.5 = 250k. 250k gold costs 700plat. 700p is immediately removed from you account, or the cost of the plat is automatically charged to your CC on record.

Since Monster Bash was essentially a legal way to get extreme amounts of gold using platinum, I think they should make it more in line with just buying gold outright.

trunzoc
07-09-2012, 07:23 AM

Great job leaving the part out of the quote were it makes it absolutely clear that I am being sarcastic and everyone whining about it should just STFU and be happy they have somewhere to farm a heck of a lot faster than the free maps.

cookiez
07-09-2012, 07:34 PM
That's a horrible idea

Cahaun
07-09-2012, 07:46 PM

Great job leaving the part out of the quote were it makes it absolutely clear that I am being sarcastic and everyone whining about it should just STFU and be happy they have somewhere to farm a heck of a lot faster than the free maps.
No need to hate

Weezy30205
07-09-2012, 08:19 PM
So what was the update today?

elianel
07-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Yeup what was the update?

Chopper
07-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Yeup what was the update?

me three.

No one seems to know what the update was about. First thing i did was look for a blacksmith on the island! ha

FluffNStuff
07-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Any update on last nights update???

Swimmingstar
07-10-2012, 03:35 PM

Or, y'know, you can just be happy that you have a way to buy extreme amounts of gold for 3p.

What's the point of buying guild then? Also, to implement that in the game is infinite times harder then saying that. And also that's way to expensive, 1 pink for $50? And it's only worth 500k?

Christian Atienza
01-09-2013, 07:56 AM
When you buy the monster bash dungeon does it last forever?

Griffinfan
01-09-2013, 08:48 AM
When you buy the monster bash dungeon does it last forever?

No It is a temporary elixer that will eventually wear off. It will either wear off after 4 hours or after your kill one boss on the monster bash. Which ever comes first.