PDA

View Full Version : We have GoA's and SG's .. What shall DL be? ;)

Paar
07-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Hey Everyone, Just a thought I had while stalking forum posts. Well, we have Guardians and we have Star Guards.. What will the Dark Legends Guardians be named? I personally like the name ______ Keeper, being a more Demonic MMO.

Posts What you would like the names to be, I'm sure STS is working very hard with this, but being busy with all the Updates and Bug Fixes it may have slipped. So, Post what you think the name for the "Guardian of DarkLegends" Should Be!

~Paar

Flowman
07-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Well considering the SG program was more or less a complete failure (not STS's fault...just wasn't meant to be), I doubt we'll be seeing anything like that for DL. The Ambassadors work just fine IMO.

Paar
07-05-2012, 04:41 PM
I agree with you that Ambassadors are just fine. I do though disagree that Star Guards were a complete fail. STS has been very busy and are doing other things atm. There will be new Star Guards picked soon. However, I do see potential in the Programs and hope to see more in the future.

Flowman
07-05-2012, 05:42 PM
There hasn't been new Star Guards since October of 2011...it was and is a failed program. Of the 6, I'd say 2 still play, if even that many. It turned in to people doing things for the sole purpose of getting the title. I do not want to discuss why I think it's a failed program because it doesn't matter, so let's just leave it at that :p

KingFu
07-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Aw, I was excited to see peoeple with the name Dark Guard. Those programs are [hopefully] dead for good.

Phoenixking
07-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Yeah, no use for these programs

Jugernugetx
07-05-2012, 06:13 PM
If they decide to add they would probably name them Dark Guardians. But its really not needed because they are like the same as Ambassadors.

Lowlyspy
07-06-2012, 12:55 AM
But its really not needed because they are like the same as Ambassadors.
No, they are not.

Honestly idc if any new sort of "guards" come in. It would just be people "helping" for the perks, and lord knows we've got plenty of them, so it just won't work like GoA used to.

HunterSLAYER
07-06-2012, 02:44 AM
Dark Lords! @.@

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Xaphan Fox
07-06-2012, 02:51 AM
In SL, ambassadors didn't get half the hate that SG's did. Ambassadors were there to help new players and be friendly... but SG's always seemed to blindly white knight STS. Not all, but most. Talking to them about any game issues or 6 months of inactivity was always like talking to the CEO of STS him/herself. Was maddening.

bark bark

Floating
07-06-2012, 03:20 AM
Hehe we should have CG=Carvinas Guardians... And yes they should have the role of Goas or Sg's but in DL instead of the other games...

I will sacrifice myself... You can make me an CG. I know the sacrifice is big but I have to do that! Rofl Joking

Prestige
07-06-2012, 08:26 AM
I don't mind the programs, but let me give you a basic psychology lesson. People who are already intrinsically motivated to do things will continue to help others for the good of the community, but when they added the rewards they put an extrinsic motivation factor. This extrinsic factor is more superficial and does not work as well as someone who is already driven within to help the community out. People extrinsically motivated eventually stop (or less motivated) because their is no incentive or reward that they will gain for doing the job. What I'm saying is that they should of never added an exclusive vanity, but leave the guilds to let people know that they are there to help. A forum post from the devs acknowledging people for helping out the community would also be good.

Floating
07-06-2012, 08:35 AM
I totally agree and most of the people in here also agree with you. But please examine the reasons GoA's exist. People wanting to help always existed

Cahaun
07-06-2012, 09:16 AM
GoA's and SG's don't and never had a job or role to do. The title was a symbol of STS's thanks.

RedRyder
07-06-2012, 09:38 AM
This can of worms again

Floating
07-06-2012, 01:28 PM
This can of worms again

Jelly worms pleaze....

Mothwing
07-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Oh boy Dx For the benefit of DL, don't spoil it with another celebrity program.

Floating
07-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Oh boy Dx For the benefit of DL, don't spoil it with another celebrity program.

Why is it supposed to be a celebrity programme :(

FluffNStuff
07-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Why is it supposed to be a celebrity programme :(

So is the point of this thread to figure out the name they should announce when they join us other celebrities in rehab?

My name is FluffNStuff and I have been a recovering Guardian of Alterra for 15 months now ...

Qingsanale1st
07-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Y u name no called FluffnBuff?

Floating
07-09-2012, 03:22 AM
So is the point of this thread to figure out the name they should announce when they join us other celebrities in rehab?

My name is FluffNStuff and I have been a recovering Guardian of Alterra for 15 months now ...

But you are a celebrity! A model! Your image is on every magazine including "Victorias Secret"...
You sir are in-famous!

FluffNStuff
07-09-2012, 07:52 AM
But you are a celebrity! A model! Your image is on every magazine including "Victorias Secret"...
You sir are in-famous!

Don't let that photo shoot fool you, my bear was clearly air brushed to enhance his appeal ...

HunterSLAYER
07-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Don't let that photo shoot fool you, my bear was clearly air brushed to enhance his appeal ...

That's why there's a program in existence called Adobe photoshop :D

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Qingsanale1st
07-09-2012, 11:03 PM
You sir are in-famous!

Victoria's Secret? He must be a drag Queen o_o