PDA

View Full Version : No more carnaval and booty please!!!

pfizer
03-13-2022, 10:05 PM
It only benefit the richest ppl and a huge stubborn for the average players and specially the beginners! You doubled your gold but later realize the prices are doubled too, so I don't see any point of these kinds of events.

Ploid
03-13-2022, 10:36 PM
You are totally wrong.....

I met a new player who I was guiding through the game... he was able to buy speed set and skratch staff just by farming the Carnival...

He want from a lvl 70 noob to a lvl 81 decent player in 2 weeks...

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

sixzy
03-13-2022, 10:40 PM
also saw a mage, at first running with legendary weap, he doesnt help with killing mobs or boss during that time but before the end of the event i saw him again using aqua staff and helping with boss and mobs :D so if you know what you are doing the event can help u to gear up.

as for the rich, they get richer by investing more with OP vanities and gears.

win win for new and old players

spctmstds
03-13-2022, 11:12 PM
Printing more money in real life only helped short term, but never seemed to solve anything in the long run. Instead, it created more problems.

Yes, we are in a game and no one's farming gold to pay debt. But inflation eventually catches up to drown the value of the currency.

You may be rich today, but what if more of these events come about. Not only do new-er players have to farm harder to buy items with extremely inflated prices, but the gold that people have been stashing will be worth less than what it was.

But idk man, if people say it's good then it must be good [emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Ploid
03-13-2022, 11:20 PM
Printing more money in real life only helped short term, but never seemed to solve anything in the long run. Instead, it created more problems.

Yes, we are in a game and no one's farming gold to pay debt. But inflation eventually catches up to drown the value of the currency.

You may be rich today, but what if more of these events come about. Not only do new-er players have to farm harder to buy items with extremely inflated prices, but the gold that people have been stashing will be worth less than what it was.

Sent from my SM-A526B using TapatalkUnlike real world, there are locks in game which magically add items into the game just like gold farming adds gold to the game.

We aren't getting any *extras* in this world, nothing is being added.

Yes it does cause inflation, but my friend was able to get items which he would not have been able to otherwise

spctmstds
03-13-2022, 11:27 PM
Unlike real world, there are locks in game which magically add items into the game just like gold farming adds gold to the game.

We aren't getting any *extras* in this world, nothing is being added.

Yes it does cause inflation, but my friend was able to get items which he would not have been able to otherwise

Real world things are also manufactured or produced everyday. But that doesn't stop its prices from increasing through the years.

An extreme case is when a country (forgot the name) thought of printing more money than it should, causing the prices of goods to skyrocket resulting to the people opting to use cash to start a fire instead of buying wood.

Ploid
03-13-2022, 11:30 PM
Real world things are also manufactured or produced everyday. But that doesn't stop its prices from increasing through the years.

An extreme case is when a country (forgot the name) thought of printing more money than it should, causing the prices of goods to skyrocket resulting to the people opting to use cash to start a fire instead of buying wood.

Sent from my SM-A526B using TapatalkReal world things which are being manufactured are using the limited resource we have on earth, some are mined and some are recycled.

But in AL, locks are unlimited, we can open as many locks as we can get.

Yes prices are increasing, but as I said from the example of my friend, u can farm gold much faster than the rate of inflation.

pfizer
03-14-2022, 12:41 AM
Real world things which are being manufactured are using the limited resource we have on earth, some are mined and some are recycled.

But in AL, locks are unlimited, we can open as many locks as we can get.

Yes prices are increasing, but as I said from the example of my friend, u can farm gold much faster than the rate of inflation.

I don't think you understand what inflation is. Opening locks will not decrease the prices because in your argument it will supply goods to the game, since most players are able now to afford then prices will remain high because demand will always beat supply, plus those vanities that will never return in the game anymore the inflation will deprive most of the players to afford that.

I have a friend who have just returned today and he can no longer afford gears because it doubled the prices now and the vanities he aspires are no longer in reach. We have seen a huge leap of prices in just a span of few days and would continue to go up higher for sure because of huge additional gold in our economy and at the moment will not be liquidated and will remain in circulation.

Ploid
03-14-2022, 12:42 AM
I don't think you understand what inflation is. Opening locks will not decrease the prices because in your argument it will supply goods to the game, since most players are able now to afford then prices will remain high because demand will always beat supply, plus those vanities that will never return in the game anymore the inflation will deprive most of the players to afford that.

I have a friend who have just returned today and he can no longer afford gears because it doubled the prices now and the vanities he aspires are no longer in reach. We have seen a huge leap of prices in just a span of few days and would continue to go up higher for sure because of huge additional gold in our economy and at the moment will not be liquidated and will remain in circulation.I can argue the same that a totally new player was able to buy both speed set and Skrat Staff in a matter of 2 weeks.

He would not have been able to do that if this event wasn't there.

The point is, prices don't inflate as fast as u think they do.

Nearly a trillion gold may have been added to the game, but prices at most increased by 10-20%

pfizer
03-14-2022, 12:52 AM
I can argue the same that a totally new player was able to buy both speed set and Skrat Staff in a matter of 2 weeks.

He would not have been able to do that if this event wasn't there.

The point is, prices don't inflate as fast as u think they do.

Nearly a trillion gold may have been added to the game, but prices at most increased by 10-20%

No. Prices are doubled and some tripled right now idk. So tell me how can a new player can farm right now when carnaval event is over they are back on monotonous farming again hunting for elite gold chest which they earn max at 1m to 2m a day.

Ploid
03-14-2022, 12:55 AM
No. Prices are doubled and some tripled right now idk. So tell me how can a new player can farm right now when carnaval event is over they are back on monotonous farming again hunting for elite gold chest which they earn max at 1m to 2m a day.You are also forgetting that new players can make more gold during other events, and sell their looted items for higher price.

You said gold loot events causes the item prices to increase, so that means they will be able to make higher profit in event.

And no, not a single item doubled or tripled. Not even the lb items increased by more than 20%

Name me an item that suddenly doubled or tripped in price, an item which isn't being manipulated ofc

pfizer
03-14-2022, 01:02 AM
You are also forgetting that new players can make more gold during other events, and sell their looted items for higher price.

You said gold loot events causes the item prices to increase, so that means they will be able to make higher profit in event.

And no, not a single item doubled or tripled. Not even the lb items increased by more than 20%

Name me an item that suddenly doubled or tripped in price, an item which isn't being manipulated ofc

Lol "name me an item which suddenly didn't doubled" I'm out man wont argue when you don't know what's happening. I think your range of prices are just below 50m that's why.

Ploid
03-14-2022, 01:05 AM
Lol "name me an item which suddenly didn't doubled" I'm out man wont argue when you don't know what's happening. I think your range of prices are just below 50m that's why.No. Blizz went from 180 to 220, Golem went from 80 to 90. Lb Ghost went from 1.35b to 1.5b. Red Cap warr went from 75 to 100.

I have many merchant friends, and I am also in their network. I can ask them and give you more examples.

I rest my case

pfizer
03-14-2022, 01:08 AM
No. Blizz went from 180 to 220, Golem went from 80 to 90. Lb Ghost went from 1.35b to 1.5b. Red Cap warr went from 75 to 100.

I have many merchant friends, and I am also in their network. I can ask them and give you more examples.

I rest my case

in 1 day blizz went from 180 to 200 on second day it went to 220 on third day current 240. Ill update you next week how much is it

Ploid
03-14-2022, 01:09 AM
in 1 day blizz went from 180 to 200 on second day it went to 220 on third day current 240. Ill update you next week how much is itI did say it went up 20-30%, yet nothing has been doubled or tripled as you said.

Peace.

pfizer
03-14-2022, 01:14 AM
I did say it went up 20-30%, yet nothing has been doubled or tripled as you said.

Peace.

Its going there and you think 50% increase is good? just for the benefit of earning 20m in one event? Tbh inflation benefitted me cause I'm of those who own the most luxurious items beforehand I worry for the new incoming players and average players who are burden by it.

Ploid
03-14-2022, 01:15 AM
Its going there and you think 50% increase is good? just for the benefit of earning 20m in one event? Tbh inflation benefitted me cause I'm of those who own the most luxurious items beforehand I worry for the new incoming players and average players who are burden by it.They will make gold eventually. As I said, they can easily make gold during events because they can sell items for higher prices as well.

Lawpvp
03-14-2022, 02:05 AM
Stuff hasn't doubled or tripled but some things have gone up by 50% or more which is somewhat alarming

Zane123
03-14-2022, 02:25 AM
Stuff hasn't doubled or tripled but some things have gone up by 50% or more which is somewhat alarmingYes people been selling Jupiter aura for 400m+

Sent from my Redmi Note 10 Lite using Tapatalk

Dock544
03-14-2022, 02:40 AM
My lucky jack sets and helms are worth 1.3b know I hoard when they was under 4m

ded
03-14-2022, 02:49 AM
it benefitted everyone who farmed. rich player have the upper hand because they have gl but even those who started with barely anything was able to farm decent gear and maybe gl to farm later in the event

Saint_remember
03-14-2022, 05:17 AM
It only benefit the richest ppl and a huge stubborn for the average players and specially the beginners! You doubled your gold but later realize the prices are doubled too, so I don't see any point of these kinds of events.I think it's a good event,
because new players will have better items
than him pm you
please give me gold

marzeg
03-14-2022, 08:44 AM

I understand games might be your way of "escaping" from reality but why? why does everyone who has a need to 'prove a valid point' always find the need to conspicuously compare fiction to reality? lol/

spctmstds
03-14-2022, 08:50 AM
I understand games might be your way of "escaping" from reality but why? why does everyone who has a need to 'prove a valid point' always find the need to conspicuously compare fiction to reality? lol/Simply because the topic happens in real life too.

I just connected the two because it's empirical evidence, how can I not use it to prove my point. I never said anything final, but what's your argument exactly? lol/

BaronB
03-14-2022, 12:39 PM
As people end up with more gold through events of course prices will go up in general as people can afford them...

Supply and demand.

As the ease of gold earning isn't consistent and just spikes, once the gold earnt has been spent by shifting from 1 player to another, prices will steadily go up however it will also come to a stop as it will hit its limit.

Lets say an aura was 150, now a lot of people can afford 150 so price has gone up to 200... still a few people left that are willing to pay around that so the price goes up a bit more say 220...

Now if its at a price point that ends up putting people off as too expensive or no 1 willing to buy can afford it... the aura wont sell...

If the seller really wanted to sell and needed the gold from the sale, what do you think will happen?

He will lower the price of course until its at a price people are willing to pay again.

so that 220 aura now slowly becomes 200. or 180, or even less than 150 eventually again.

If these gold injection events were happening like every month I could understand the cause for concern but it doesn't happen that often...

At most like 1/2 times a year?

If you look at everything in the short term it will seem bad but looking at it long term overall you'll realize it really isn't that bad at all and a lot of good for players can come of it example was already mentioned couple of times in thread already.

Hope that helps alleviate some of that worry :)

1 <3