PDA

View Full Version : Silver Dragon Master Runes Translation

BuffaloWing
03-14-2022, 01:38 PM
The "Silver Dragon Master" vanity set gives your character an aura around his/her feet, and within the aura are Norse Futhark runes. Because I enjoy translating these to see what messages they may hide, I went ahead and translated it to:

"FUTHARK GHWNIJSPZSTBEMLNGDO"

It seems the runes only spelled out one, single word, with the rest being gibberish. Unless, however, it's a redemption code for somewhere? Might be overanalyzing, here, but the gibberish is making me so confused.

Has anyone else looked at this?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220314/9022d1ed2aaa0037dbd7fae1cc2b19b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Stephencobear
03-17-2022, 09:29 PM
Its elder futhark has opposed to the younger, spelled out in its intended order, starting at F as you said

It’s a Scandinavian cultural thing, it’s an alphabet but also:
Each rune is simultaneously, a letter (as you know), a meaning, & a historic reason
Some refer to a god & also sometimes a particular kings lineage, or a real history, it’s complex

There is no one book that sums this all up, old Vikings didn’t write up a manual so be weary of “expert” authors if you research it
Ralph Blum is most ppls introduction to it & he makes stuff up *fart emote*

I recently learned a way to see the first 6 runes as they directly tie in with our creation story
It looks cool so who cares X’D , I’ve been obsessed w it sense I was young b4 I discovered that was my dominant dna
Now I think my obsession was some form of genetic recognition

Me I’m wondering which dev likes it too
If I remember Asommers was into snowboarding but that don’t mean he’s Nordic lol
I’m guessing Cinco -_o ?