PDA

View Full Version : How good is the mythic gun?

Lawpvp
03-14-2022, 06:20 PM
Is it good for mobs or bosses? I've seen the staff is op af for everything but what about the gun lol

Fahtsssss
03-14-2022, 07:32 PM
Gun is good for bosses.

Stephencobear
03-14-2022, 07:34 PM
On its own it’s damage is good but the proc mechanics require you to apply two procs by charging & then if you have the rare luck to apply both then you can finally spam reg attacks to get the good effect

If I had to choose between a skratch gun or a hyperos as a main I’d go with the skratch which can proc w/o the time consuming need to charge which equates to you standing still in front of a boss (not a good place to be)

Short story: damage good proc mechanics suck unless your lucky enough for getting the 2 rng procs

That said however, the real benefit is if it’s not your main weapon & u stack it with a better staff
Best thing now is to have the mythic staff which, it sounds like you already know- procs very well
Then when you get the staff buff switch to gun while that proc is active & your buffed & just use the basic attack of the gun

The staff buff remains with the guns superior damage as a combo with the added plus of range

One could try for all 3 81 procs but your just as likely to win the lottery after surviving a shark attack while being struck by lightning while being surrounded by a thousand monkeys banging out Shakespeare on typewriters

Lawpvp
03-14-2022, 09:27 PM
On its own it’s damage is good but the proc mechanics require you to apply two procs by charging & then if you have the rare luck to apply both then you can finally spam reg attacks to get the good effect

If I had to choose between a skratch gun or a hyperos as a main I’d go with the skratch which can proc w/o the time consuming need to charge which equates to you standing still in front of a boss (not a good place to be)

Short story: damage good proc mechanics suck unless your lucky enough for getting the 2 rng procs

That said however, the real benefit is if it’s not your main weapon & u stack it with a better staff
Best thing now is to have the mythic staff which, it sounds like you already know- procs very well
Then when you get the staff buff switch to gun while that proc is active & your buffed & just use the basic attack of the gun

The staff buff remains with the guns superior damage as a combo with the added plus of range

One could try for all 3 81 procs but your just as likely to win the lottery after surviving a shark attack while being struck by lightning while being surrounded by a thousand monkeys banging out Shakespeare on typewriters

thank you for the in depth explanation, helped me make my decision

will0
03-14-2022, 09:33 PM
the gun AA is so hard to process.. i just use the raw damage + buff from Staff unless the "lesser" boss is frozen

Encryptions
03-14-2022, 10:24 PM
Proc the mythic staff and swap to your mythic gun. The normal attack from your gun during staff proc is about the same as normal attacks from the mythic gun proc except you get a huge dmg bonus to your skills and a huge defense bonus too.
Your staff can have gold loot awakes or what ever awake, the gun just put high int awakes. Staff is for proc gun is for damage bonus since the gun gives more damage than the staff. Same with rog, proc your daggers and switch to your bow.
Picture 1 is gun proc basic attack damage, picture 2 is staff proc gun base attack damage.
Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220315/5a622597293f538b72e5fe74e9a3fc0d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220315/c5a6ab9ab3fc0db424b050865b1aab72.jpg

chiiwawa
03-15-2022, 12:14 PM
I finally decided to get the mythic gun and Im dissapointed in it. I like my skratch gun way better. seemed like the range was so much better. Currently just use my staff most of the time for everything.