PDA

View Full Version : Armor decreasing tests! Fun Facts

kavanah
08-24-2010, 03:56 PM
So I did some test today to see how much armor we could decrease from a single target. The idea was to stack lance's effect, nightmare effect, and spear's break armor effect. Want to know the results?

Our static test dummy used in all the tests, named Buddyf:

lvl 45 Ursan Str based, 118 armor.

First test: Spear vs Buddyf

Lowest armor dropped to: 73

Second test: Lance vs Buddyf

Lowest armor dropped to: 103

Third test: Darkblade vs Buddyf

Lowest armor dropped to: 88

Fourth test: Spear+Lance vs Buddyf

Lowest armor dropped to: 53

Fifth test: Spear+Lance+Darkblade vs Buddyf

Lowest armor dropped to: 38

Thanks to Bodyguardz and Swordpanda for helping with the tests as well as BuddyF for taking the deaths like a man.

We did several of each test. Sorry I did not do a darkblade+spear and a darkblade+lance test. The whole point was to see if they all stacked. My conclusion based upon the tests we performed shows that they do indeed stack. ... but does avian skill stack too? hmmm...

FluffNStuff
08-24-2010, 04:23 PM
So I did some test today to see how much armor we could decrease from a single target. The idea was to stack lance's effect, nightmare effect, and spear's break armor effect. Want to know the results?

Our static test dummy used in all the tests, named Buddyf:

lvl 45 Ursan Str based, 118 armor.

First test: Spear vs Buddyf

Lowest armor dropped to: 73

Second test: Lance vs Buddyf

Lowest armor dropped to: 103

Third test: Darkblade vs Buddyf

Lowest armor dropped to: 88

Fourth test: Spear+Lance vs Buddyf

Lowest armor dropped to: 53

Fifth test: Spear+Lance+Darkblade vs Buddyf

Lowest armor dropped to: 38

Thanks to Bodyguardz and Swordpanda for helping with the tests as well as BuddyF for taking the deaths like a man.

We did several of each test. Sorry I did not do a darkblade+spear and a darkblade+lance test. The whole point was to see if they all stacked. My conclusion based upon the tests we performed shows that they do indeed stack. ... but does avian skill stack too? hmmm...

This is awesome, and I am sooo glad you did these tests. A couple other tests if possible would be:
1) Does the new blaster proc lightning, and how much?
2) Do these stack with mage lightning (both before and after).
3) Do these stack with mage nightmare. (both before and after).

BTW, did you get relative times on these. Like does one last longer?

Kalielle
08-24-2010, 04:28 PM
This is great! Finally, some real data instead of speculation. We need more posts like this! Thank you for the rigorous testing.

Here are the practical implications I can think of:

1. It is indeed true what many have observed before: spears are better at breaking armor than other, more expensive weapons.

2. It's good to have a mix of weapons in a rush group. I suspected that this might be the case, because in games where no one used spears it seemed to take much longer to kill the boss, but of course there are so many factors involved that it's impossible to be sure without tests. Now we have the tests to back up the theory.

Next time I join a rush group, I'm going to look around to see what everyone else is using. If they're all sporting fashionable shock lances, I'm going to switch mine for a good old-fashioned spear.

FluffNStuff
08-24-2010, 04:32 PM
That brings up a great point. Did you try different people hitting with the same weapon to see if that stacked?

bmc85uk
08-24-2010, 04:38 PM
As far as I'm aware Fluff every proc in PL stacks, even with itself; some kind of ludicrously bad joke if you ask me.

Rarefew
08-24-2010, 05:04 PM
I was the perv that messed it up

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-24-2010, 05:49 PM
How about another test where you have five paladins. All of them to nightmare and weakness. Then they use the spears and shock lance combined. Then five archers come in and they use their MAXED OUT break armor effects. Then the paladins use lightning to reduce armor...again.

Finally, you end up with -300 armor? :cool: