PDA

View Full Version : Death of The Leaderboard

TsunamiTheClown
07-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Well Folks just another reason to suspect that Star Legends has been sunsetted (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sunset) by STS:

The images below (cue the scroll wheel) are indicative of a problem (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?60544-Down-with-the-cheap-elixirs!) that we have talked about here before.

Someone is either spending stooped amounts of money and farming their brains out for kills using the "Experience Anywhere" elixirs, and/or using a bot to farm for kills.

This is just another sign that this game is almost dead. Hate to say it so bluntly, cause i really like SL and the SL community. But when the leader board gets hacked (and by hacked i mean fails to have any relevance to actual gameplay - u know what i mean) like this and nothing gets done about it, well someone just proved the fact that the Devs have moved on.

I don't hate them for that fact. I understand how game developing works. I just hope that people get the hint and don't hold out hope unnecessarily for things to change.

Welcome to Star Legends version 2.xx where there is basically just a big 'ole chat window. Sound fun???

*Zero*
07-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Honestly words have no meaning to this. This is by far bots or a hack program this guy or program came out of nowhere. And with no visits from devs this is what happens. Smh....

Bubututu
07-06-2012, 01:10 PM
I LoL'd when i read this one...

This is just a silly glitch on the LB. Lonely has been grinding them LB's for countless hours a day from about 5 months now to get where he is at. To say they came out of nowhere? That's strikingly bizarre.

I guarantee their are quite a few players that have powerleveled alongside him and can validate this *bot/program* is actually a real boy <3

Cero
07-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Honestly words have no meaning to this. This is by far bots or a hack program this guy or program came out of nowhere. And with no visits from devs this is what happens. Smh....

i cant explain either, i can just LOL.

javier995
07-06-2012, 01:20 PM
This is just a silly glitch on the LB. Lonely has been grinding them LB's for countless hours a day from about 5 months now to get where he is at. To say they came out of nowhere? That's strikingly bizarre.

That's a funny glitch huh, gave him 2 additional spots to keep him on the top. Weird how it was only him, but hey whatever right.

The nowhere part is implied that no one hears of them (except their buddies that know they're going to go run cycorp for kd eh), and they suddenly pop on LB. Whereas others had been working for it for awhile, with none of that cycorp stuff. Heck, they work for it too huh, spending hours and hours buying access over and over again. Their fingers must get tired from the plat purchase button, but hey that's them. They earn their kills too, but getting it the way the others did is a bit harder don't you think?
That's why it's a "you came out of nowhere" thing.

*Zero*
07-06-2012, 01:25 PM
If its a glitch then its a glitch but its a weird glitch that we have never seen.

Bubututu
07-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Maybe I am biased towards the glitch because I am still on LB's. HaH! <3 AFK <3

Shaocalur
07-06-2012, 01:42 PM
How did he get a 1 in his name? Or am I just seeing things...

Mitchturbo
07-06-2012, 01:43 PM
This is Stupid lol. Takes the fun away from everyone. Talk about being selfish.

ImHawk
07-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Ya??? lolzwut?!?!?!??!?!??!?
He has a 1 and a 0 da heck?....

Shaocalur
07-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Ya??? lolzwut?!?!?!??!?!??!?
He has a 1 and a 0 da heck?....

I figured the 0 was just an o until I logged into game just now.

Bubututu
07-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Maybe it is just the heat wave playing tricks on everyone's mind! O.o

I know it has tweaked mine a bit...

javier995
07-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Maybe I am biased towards the glitch because I am still on LB's. HaH! <3 AFK <3

And still spending money on a game to be at the top too, HaH!

That's funny too eh, didn't take you out of the LB. Makes me question this glitch even more.

Iron Hand
07-06-2012, 01:53 PM
I agree with everyone that is upset about the lb. As have been mentioned before it should be an xp gain in maps lower than your level. Kills should only count in levels equal to or above your current level. But this is just imo as to me it would validate the leaderboards as kills are gained at your level or for a challenge at higher maps than your level. I suggest we all light up the suggestion and feedback section of star legends forum on this subject so we can show our dismay of being able to circumvent the true spirit and intention of a leaderboard.

For myself i have over 60k kills and 1.1k deaths good and bad i earned those stats at or above the level i was at. For myself i don't see a reason to kill farm as there is no challenge to it and basically the more money you spend the the higher you go on the leaderboards. Imo it was not an intended result for these elixers as they where originally intended to give an option of how to level so you could gain xp quicker or in a different way. The spirit of the leaderboards does need to be re-established and can be done by feedback to the devs and employees of sts. Afterall everyone complained enough about having to pay to access certain levels of pl and sts listened so it was changed. Will happen here? Idk but if we do not try or just say oh well and quit i can say that it will never change.

TsunamiTheClown
07-06-2012, 01:55 PM
...Lonely has been grinding them LB's for countless hours a day from about 5 months now to get where he is at...<3

I'm srry but when the leader board is just a "Plat Purchasing Hall of Fame" i can't consider this grinding. Let me fix that quote.

...Lonely has been (buying his way into) them LB's for countless hours a day from about 5 months now to get where he is at...<3

Excuse me if we don't find this impressive. If the leader board still mattered (and it obviously doesn't) then this might piss some people off. But, meh just proves my larger point, SL is dead.

*Zero*
07-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Why hasnt a dev confirmed or denied the problem yet? Is it the games fault or the players fault inquiring minds want to know.

Snakespeare
07-06-2012, 01:56 PM

Yeah, that's the same question I asked in chat. Is this an internal thing? Is STS testing bots so they can bust them?

octavos
07-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Yeah, that's the same question I asked in chat. Is this an internal thing? Is STS testing bots so they can bust them?

yea, probably why sl skipped this update :P

javier995
07-06-2012, 02:01 PM

Lol that's a good explanation, but why would they pick him out of everyone?

Why not just do what they did during BBQ event. I'm sure you guys remember the Android LB, it had numbers in the names too.

*Zero*
07-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Lol that's a good explanation, but why would they pick him out of everyone?

Why not just do what they did during BBQ event. I'm sure you guys remember the Android LB, it had numbers in the names too.
Dunno i confused. Unless it Zeros the program out your guess is as good as mine

javier995
07-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Dunno i confused. Unless it Zeros the program out your guess is as good as mine

True true, wonder if devs have seen this yet. Let's make it noticeable :).

Flowman
07-06-2012, 02:17 PM
I LoL'd when i read this one...

I guarantee their are quite a few players that have powerleveled alongside him and can validate this *bot/program* is actually a real boy <3
3 people with the EXACT same amount of kills? Ok dude.

It's clearly a bot. You can tell by the names. It's like people with modified XBOX 360's and stuff....popping out with Xbox buttons in their gamertags and all that.

iAmPain
07-06-2012, 04:16 PM
i wonder how Lonely made almost everyone this mad.

anyways, artstar made a close relative thread bout these cheap lix's. dunno why ppl keep reviving almost the same topic

it's just my opinion,
Your Friend, ColbyCheeze

Crummypaladin
07-06-2012, 04:38 PM
I am LonelyKDOp... let me put you all at ease and prove its a glitch..

The names with #'s at the end exceed the maximum character name length (10).

I am sure STS will fix it (but for 10 seconds, would you mind putting me in every spot first?)

Just kidding :-)

Remember if you've got an alt 8-18 you want power leveled, feel free to add me and join me in Cycorp!

Crummypaladin
07-06-2012, 05:15 PM
My proof doesn't work lol!

When did allowed name length go over 10?

Oh well.... its still a glitch. I'm emailing STS... pm overload... can't play lol!

*Zero*
07-06-2012, 05:32 PM
My proof doesn't work lol!

When did allowed name length go over 10?

Oh well.... its still a glitch. I'm emailing STS... pm overload... can't play lol!

Why did this bug target only you. And its the only time this has ever happened. Seems lonelykdop0 has changed its name.

Zaonabiuibil
07-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Hmm... Strange..

Ark
07-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Why are you guys making a big deal about this..? It's a glitch so relax and move on. I'm sure the Devs are fixing it, but they are also busy trying to get our update going and also our infest event. So why not everyone just stop being so upset. It's a glitch, we can't control what happens. All games have problems now and then..

Delphina
07-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Hey guys! I'm going to go ahead and include this thread in my report. Thanks for posting it!

Crummypaladin
07-07-2012, 12:38 AM
OK heres's the secret guys:-)

First you have to get a # on the end of your name. That will duplicate your character.
To do that you have to have a Motorola Xoom. Make sure the device is upside down. It will screen flip so the screen will be OK.
Next you have to open your clock and have it running in the background.
Switch to Star Legends and start up to the change character screen.
With the change character screen open, change back to the clock.
Set the clock to display time in hexadecimal.
Change the time to 13E4A22G
Switch back to Star Legends.
Switch back to your clock and change it to display to binary.
Change your clock to time 1011001110000010011111100000111010001
You have about two seconds for this to work so read ahead...
Make sure you are wearing tennis shoes that have metal eyelets for the shoelace holes, but you shoes are untied w/ shoestrings loose.
Quickly kick off first the left shoe then the right, make sure you don't send them airborne and hit/hurt/break something.
Immediately after your shoes are safely off, sit down and switch back to Star Legends and select your character and hit the play button.

Think to yourself how silly it would be to try and change a clock to display either hexadecimal or binary.

Forget about it after three seconds and play.

Enjoy the game:-)

Logic here people:-) If I've invested this much time and effort (and yes plat) into this alt of mine, would it make any sense at all to hack the LB's like it's showing? It would obviously lead to a ban. That would truly be cheating. As for bots... ask the hundred or so players that have power leveled with me if I use programs. I know some don't agree with me buying kills. For those I'm sorry you don't agree. But if you used a str or xp elixir to cap, don't you think those that are unable to buy them think its unfair? Where do you draw the line? My line is where STS put it. Isn't it funny how the xp anywhere elixir came out about the same time as Voleria? If its something inherently built into the game, I want to explore it to the maximum extent I can. Its part of the game. The game I've grown to love and enjoy.

I mentioned in another post that STS should build a hardcore LB. That would be one that you would be disqualified on if you used any plat gear or elixer (I think even the free daily should disqualify too). I doubt that it will ever happen, but if it does, you can bet your paycheck I'd be making a new toon! Actually I already have:-)

This game is awesome, the players are awesome, forums are awesome. Play the way you like:-) They've given us a lot of options.

Now if we could just get an update.... even get the egg event started?

C'mon STS its time for new content! :-P

Zaonabiuibil
07-07-2012, 06:19 AM
OK heres's the secret guys:-)

First you have to get a # on the end of your name. That will duplicate your character.
To do that you have to have a Motorola Xoom. Make sure the device is upside down. It will screen flip so the screen will be OK.
Next you have to open your clock and have it running in the background.
Switch to Star Legends and start up to the change character screen.
With the change character screen open, change back to the clock.
Set the clock to display time in hexadecimal.
Change the time to 13E4A22G
Switch back to Star Legends.
Switch back to your clock and change it to display to binary.
Change your clock to time 1011001110000010011111100000111010001
You have about two seconds for this to work so read ahead...
Make sure you are wearing tennis shoes that have metal eyelets for the shoelace holes, but you shoes are untied w/ shoestrings loose.
Quickly kick off first the left shoe then the right, make sure you don't send them airborne and hit/hurt/break something.
Immediately after your shoes are safely off, sit down and switch back to Star Legends and select your character and hit the play button.

Think to yourself how silly it would be to try and change a clock to display either hexadecimal or binary.

Forget about it after three seconds and play.

Enjoy the game:-)

Logic here people:-) If I've invested this much time and effort (and yes plat) into this alt of mine, would it make any sense at all to hack the LB's like it's showing? It would obviously lead to a ban. That would truly be cheating. As for bots... ask the hundred or so players that have power leveled with me if I use programs. I know some don't agree with me buying kills. For those I'm sorry you don't agree. But if you used a str or xp elixir to cap, don't you think those that are unable to buy them think its unfair? Where do you draw the line? My line is where STS put it. Isn't it funny how the xp anywhere elixir came out about the same time as Voleria? If its something inherently built into the game, I want to explore it to the maximum extent I can. Its part of the game. The game I've grown to love and enjoy.

I mentioned in another post that STS should build a hardcore LB. That would be one that you would be disqualified on if you used any plat gear or elixer (I think even the free daily should disqualify too). I doubt that it will ever happen, but if it does, you can bet your paycheck I'd be making a new toon! Actually I already have:-)

This game is awesome, the players are awesome, forums are awesome. Play the way you like:-) They've given us a lot of options.

Now if we could just get an update.... even get the egg event started?

C'mon STS its time for new content! :-P

It's true, one day I was bored so I decided to do some runs, and I don't think a bot can reply to my questions, because we were talking. Yeah, either it's manual (duh) or some reaaallllyyyyyy good botting. ;)

Seiyen
07-07-2012, 06:39 AM
Am tellin u those two guys r aliens targetting lonely :p

-Raghav

*Zero*
07-07-2012, 07:35 AM
So this morning i got on and decided to add one of the names that duplicated itself but it has changed from lonelykdop0 to bpogtestop. So i added bpogtestop and it sent the friend request if he was a glitch it would have said this character doesn't exist. Hopefully the devs can sort this out soon.

ToPBoY
07-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Lmao love how no one talks smack, as soon as lonely posts! You pwnie members are hypocrits too, you got judgement in your guild, who may I add, did 160,000 kills in a week! It's up to them how they reach the top, they still gotta put the hours in.

TsunamiTheClown
07-07-2012, 11:17 AM
I know some don't agree with me buying kills. For those I'm sorry you don't agree.
Look man i really don't care how you choose to spend your money.

But if you used a str or xp elixir to cap, don't you think those that are unable to buy them think its unfair?
When did this post ever stray into "fairness". "Fair"??? Are you joking? Nothing is fair in life. That's not the point of the OP at all.

The point is that with the ability to "buy kills" as you put it, STS has just totally invalidated the concept of the gameplay leader board. It is just turning into a "biggest donor" board like at a charity fundraiser. The original leaderboard that was dominated by the best players is a thing of the past.

Congratz on toping the "Donor Board" however, well done.

Where do you draw the line? My line is where STS put it.
OK. So you think that STS intends for people to spend loads in plat and think that they are becoming the best? Wow. Don't get me wrong. Chownis buys plat. Big deal. Yes this is a "part" of the game. But it was only recently that buying plat = leader board status. Ask some of the original leader board players such as Artstar, Zero, Heavensblade ...etc.

Isn't it funny how the xp anywhere elixir came out about the same time as Voleria? If its something inherently built into the game, I want to explore it to the maximum extent I can. Its part of the game. The game I've grown to love and enjoy.
Well I'm glad your cool with buying elixirs, so am i and loads of other people. But with the kind of abuse, yes i said abuse, going on with the leader board manipulation going on, this game is almost dead bro.

You like Star Legends? So do i but she's on the way out man.

Why would they waste time developing that. It is against their business model. They need to give a long and hard look at the "all access elixir" to remedy this problem. And yes i know we have already discussed this, IAmPain, i linked to it in the OP- please read before you post.

TsunamiTheClown
07-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Lmao love how no one talks smack, as soon as lonely posts! You pwnie members are hypocrits too, you got judgement in your guild, who may I add, did 160,000 kills in a week! It's up to them how they reach the top, they still gotta put the hours in.
Hahaha so you think that the OP was all about "talking smack"? What a kid.

Well if you are trying to flame this post cause you think we got "shut up" please feel free to do so. We are discussing the decline of the Leaderboard as a relevant metric on gameplay. However please feel free to start another thread so we can get into a flame contest. :hopes:

ToPBoY
07-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Who ever mentioned the OP you noob? Numerous people flamed him, and the enhancer system throughout the thread. Funny how you didn't say anything about judgement in your reply, true hypocrit, get a grip, seriously...

TsunamiTheClown
07-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Who ever mentioned the OP you noob? Numerous people flamed him, and the enhancer system throughout the post.
:Lesson Time:
In online forum lingo, "OP" means "Original Post"
>Please reread the post that your referring to with the new insight to understand what you are responding to.
:End Lesson Time:

Wow and i'm the noob???

Funny how you didn't say anything about judgement in your reply, true hypocrit, get a grip, seriously...
Ah yes, I'm sure you would love for me to get off topic into a discussion of some payer that you brought up on a whim. But this thread is not about any particular player.

If you reread the OP [wait for it...] you will notice that we weren't flaming some player in particular. We were discussing the fact that the Leaderboard is now irrelevant.

But if you want to flame on Judgment, or LonelyKDop, or me please feel free to start a new thread and flame the hell out of em. Lets see how long that thread lasts.

StompArtist
07-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Well... and we care about k/d ratio in a dead game, because?

Ark
07-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Lol... Of course everyone tries getting onto LB, it's like that on every other games, not only SL/PL/DL.

Leaderboard = High Score

It's like people getting like a billion points on Doodle Jump, like who would really waste hours just to get that much points without falling?
It's like getting billions of points on Temple Run because there is a hack where you can just run straight.

Come on.. Why are you guys arguing about this? It's STS choice. To be honest in real life it's money over words. So stop being babies and grow up.

TsunamiTheClown
07-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Leaderboard = High Score
Im sorry but that is patently incorrect in this game now. That is the point of this whole thread. The LB is now totally irrelevant.

So stop being babies and grow up.
If you don''t like the discussion, that you seem to not understand, please feel free to refrain from posting.

Ark
07-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Im sorry but that is patently incorrect in this game now. That is the point of this whole thread. The LB is now totally irrelevant.

If you don''t like the discussion, that you seem to not understand, please feel free to refrain from posting.

Lol. Oh please, why are you trying so hard? Can you tell that it's a stupid glitch? Why are you being a baby about this?

Cahaun
07-07-2012, 11:53 AM
I remember how the leaderboards used to be in SL. It actually showed work, effort, and determination. I don't think I can say that again for the leaderboards atm.

*Zero*
07-07-2012, 11:56 AM
You clearly missed the point of the thread learn to read before posting. There is a problem on either the games side or tbe players side. Its not a guild matter its a matter of why hasnt it been fixed problem.

ToPBoY
07-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Chownis you are quite possibly the biggest dweeb, I've come accross on the forums! Why do you care about leaderboards, not like you could get on them cause you and your toons suck. Plus all you have done is made the same thread as artstar, be original please.

Ark
07-07-2012, 11:58 AM
You clearly missed the point of the thread learn to read before posting. There is a problem on either the games side or tbe players side. Its not a guild matter its a matter of why hasnt it been fixed problem.

The problem haven't been fixed because STS is also busy with our infest event and probably our update.

*Zero*
07-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Lol. Oh please, why are you trying so hard? Can you tell that it's a stupid glitch? Why are you being a baby about this?

Ark calling players babies isnt gonna help the situation.

ToPBoY
07-07-2012, 11:59 AM
If sts thought the enhancers was a problem they would have fixed it, a few members crying about the leaderboarda ain't going to change nothing.

ToPBoY
07-07-2012, 12:02 PM
And dude the point of the OP has been totally thrown out of the window, its just been turned into a you don't deserve to be on the leaderboards because you used enhancers thread, its just boring now, think everyone needs to stfu and deal with it.

rinzler
07-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Hi guys, please remember that flaming is not permitted on the forums. Please keep your posts relevant, constructive, and clean to the OP.

TsunamiTheClown
07-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Chownis you are quite possibly the biggest dweeb, I've come accross on the forums! Why do you care about leaderboards, not like you could get on them cause you and your toons suck. Plus all you have done is made the same thread as artstar, be original please.
Hahaha, now thats more like it. Is that your best contribution to this thread?

And no this thread is addressing a "glitch" in the leaderboards. By way of connection the discussion has also brought up the fact that the leaderboards are no longer even valid since they have just become a donor board.

But at this point i think your feelings are hurt :'( and since you are "grinding" up the leaderboards, you want the facts to be otherwise. Sorry pal. Fact is SL is dead and the leaderboards are irrelevant. Next insult please?

*Zero*
07-07-2012, 12:21 PM
If sts thought the enhancers was a problem they would have fixed it, a few members crying about the leaderboarda ain't going to change nothing.
It has nothing to do with elixers its a glitch or what ever it is on the leaderboards.

ToPBoY
07-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Is artstar just a tryhard too? Lmao @ you thinking my feelings are hurt :P you obviously don't know me very well, and I havent killed anything since I capped. We shall see how dead SL is after the update :) you clearly are retarded.

Ihavenokills
07-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Hi guys, please remember that flaming is not permitted on the forums. Please keep your posts relevant, constructive, and clean to the OP.

why don't mods hide irrelevant posts in a thread anymore to clean up the clutter? 3 pages of reading only to figure out there was only 3 or 4 actual posts on the subject on the first page -_-'

ToPBoY
07-07-2012, 12:25 PM
It has nothing to do with elixers its a glitch or what ever it is on the leaderboards.
You need to learn to read the thread yourself mate, the last two pages have been.chatter about elixers, don't play dumb.

TsunamiTheClown
07-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Is artstar just a tryhard too?
Nope she is one of the best players in SL history.

Lmao @ you thinking my feelings are hurt :P you obviously don't know me very well, and I havent killed anything since I capped. We shall see how dead SL is after the update :) you clearly are retarded.
Im afraid that i know more about you than I care to. You are defiantly an excellent forum troll, i'll give you that. Please stay on topic please, or even close man.

Seiyen
07-07-2012, 12:32 PM
the point of the OP has been totally thrown out of the window, its just been turned into a you don't deserve to be on the leaderboards because you used enhancers thread

+1

-Raghav

Ihavenokills
07-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Is artstar just a tryhard too? Lmao @ you thinking my feelings are hurt :P you obviously don't know me very well, and I havent killed anything since I capped. We shall see how dead SL is after the update :) you clearly are retarded.

How in the world are you even allowed on the forums still... *sigh* i need a beer. budlight platinum or coors lite..hmmmmm...

rinzler
07-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Hi guys, I'm closing this thread due to flaming. Thanks!