PDA

View Full Version : Can support change the email associated with a forum acc?

Lawpvp
03-20-2022, 04:15 PM
So here is the situation I have been in for years lol. A long time ago I had to reset my password and it randomly generated one for me. Eventually I forgot it, but my computer somehow still remembers it even if was to delete history/clear cookies and all that. I just click login and it autofills for me lol. I would reset my password, but when you try to do that it asks for your email address. I'm not entirely sure which email I used for this forum acc, so I pretty much tried em all.

But here is the problem, I probably made this forum account when I was in high school and possibly used my high school email. This email address has been deactivated so I can't even login to it and see if a password reset link was sent or not. I can't even confirm if that is the right email lol. Because I can only login on my computer, I can't use forums on my phone/ipad...only in my room on my desktop lol.

Is there anything support can do to help me with this?

Repent
03-20-2022, 04:53 PM
I have a similar question I have an old account that used my school email as well but since schools now don't allow emails from anyone outside of the school domain my password reset email won't come through.

I have the email account and can show provide of ownership (had it since I was 8) there is just no way for me to obtain the email when I click the send request for a password reset since my school blocks outside emails.

The same question as above anything support can do to help me with this?

asommers
03-20-2022, 06:15 PM
If your browser remembers the password, you should be able to go into the Password section of your settings and view the saved password.

From the forum page, you should be able to click the edit button to the right of your name on the My Profile page (upper right corner) to change your existing email address.

-ALS

Lawpvp
03-20-2022, 06:25 PM
If your browser remembers the password, you should be able to go into the Password section of your settings and view the saved password.

From the forum page, you should be able to click the edit button to the right of your name on the My Profile page (upper right corner) to change your existing email address.

-ALS

ty so much i found the password and never knew that I could change the email myself lol. It was my high school email ugh